(Monthly) Short Story Writing Prompts Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by AliceShiki, Oct 22, 2016.

?

June's Topic!

Poll closed May 21, 2018.
  1. Fictogemino

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. The Hero Proposed to me, but I'm the Demon King (or queen!)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Lights Out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sinners

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Continue A Story (Feel free to choose any of the 3)

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, always thought you were comedy.

Action likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *looks at the previous themes*

... I... Certainly did a lot more comedy than romance... I did one or two romances though! >.<

Action likes this.
  3. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    The romance was pretty good, but from what I read, you seem to be naturally inclined to the comedy side of things.

Action likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmm... I wonder why...

I guess it's my way of handling topics I don't know what to write about? Making a joke out of it is easier than making a serious thing.

Or maybe I just feel I have more room to maneuver when I'm making comedy... Hmmm... Dunno! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My favorite genre is still romance though... >.>

Action likes this.
  5. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I love writing romance though! >.<

My story for the Halloween contest held by Plume-chan was a cute romance story! I really enjoyed making that one!

*still feels salty because Plume-chan's definition of on-topic was completely different to the judges' definition*

Thriller must be hard to write... Not really something I think I'd wish to try my hand at.

Action likes this.
  7. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, that was what they said on the commentary... Which is okay for me.

What I was not okay with, was how the theme was clearly saying:
    So, as long as it was Halloween themed, it should be okay... I feel like the judges didn't read the theme properly and simply expected things to be horror-themed.

... I even remember Plume-chan commenting about it once the results were out...
    So, I got salty when I got the results of my submission... At least on the theme part of the judging, the rest of the judging I was okay with.

I'm glad you liked reading it though!!! *hugs*

Action likes this.
  9. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hallow Cause, Pyoo and Lonelycity like this.
  10. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shit story hits home
    I just settled on "who gives a fuck" for whenever I fuck up.

Action likes this.
  11. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Lonelycity likes this.
  12. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Theme: September 2017's theme: Here i'll stay
    Genre: Romance
    Word Count: Dunno
    Title: A One-sided love with my cousin
    Synopsis:
    A puppy love with my cousin.

P.S: Its still unedited so i'll try to change it by tom.

Now, is it weird to fall in love with your cousin?

Well, i'm that kind of person...

But let me tell you about my one-sided relationship with her.

She's what you call a pretty girl and a good child, while, i was, once a bully. While she became attached to the class, i became isolated and a lone wolf. It seems that we had lived in different worlds then until on a fateful day...

There was this girl i used to bully then. Our classmates glared at me like some monster while i didn't care and continue torturing her. And it was that time where she had arrived and saved her. Knowing full well that i'll even punch a girl without mercy, she held on to her face as she glared at me.

I was even ready to hit her when our classmates began to gang up on me and had to leave the room in displeasure. I already knew the outcome and decided to retreat. I just waited for a day where i could take my revenge.

Yet, when it was late at night, i was planning to head home when i saw her crying unto her knees. She probally knew that she'll get hurt by me as she stood and tried to walk but staggered and started to fall.

I made it time and caught her. I began to wipe her tears using my portable towel i had since i tend to get dirty. She didn't expect me to be nice but i was always been a misunderstood guy.

She didn't know that i hurt the girl because she stole something from me and i want it back. It was all in the past now as i'm just a loner yet she began approaching me when all the guys were afraid. I didn't expect to refurn any favor yet i still accept them.

Time passes, i slowly began to change and develop a special feelings for her. It was kinda like a puppy love since mostly it was one-sided. But i was really fine with it since she didn't try to reject my advances for her.

That is until she became absent in class the next day. Then, knowing that she'll also transfer to school because of an illness she had. I became pained when i know that she was gone. My heart continue to hurt when i know that she isn't close to me anymore...

Then, after a few years later, we met when one of my teachers from highschool died. When i saw her again, my painful heart began to relax and i tried to talk to her.

I became pained when i realised that she couldn't hear anymore. She could understand us through our lip moving but knowing the life without sound...that was so saddening for her that i couldn't do anything for her.

I loved my cousin yet i couldn't do anything for her. I decided to let go of this feelings for her yet...

I was still mesmerize in the past, where i could still remember how beautiful she was and so much happy with her hearing...

I may slowly forget her, but my heart will continue fo linger that lil moment of those happy times...

13. kryner

kryner BYSTANDER BY NATURE

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: If She Told Me To Stay
    Word Count: 1244
    I remembered her curly wavy hair glistening under the morning when the flag raises up the sky. My eyes would look into her and then she would turn to the half-closed eyes of mines with a beaming smile. That smile of hers would light up my morning. She was a petite young girl and a rather cheery one too. She had a twin, but unlike others who barely can recognize them. I could see right through her just because of her mannerism.

I really like her. It was no doubt.

I really like her voice.

I really like that sweet optimism of hers that would ruin my cynicism early in the morning. We were in different classes but we were in the same year. She was a Senior High Schooler with only four months left in school. The school we attend is located far in a county town. It was a religious college school that has been established since the day of the Spanish arrived.

And in this year we will be graduating and separating from each other. I could not call myself a friend to her. But we get along too well that peoples suspects I like her. I didn’t really like her. And she even once said that she had a crushed on me when I was first transferred to the school in the second year. That could be just my delusion but overall the fact that in my four years in this school and the in our senior years. I would finally have it on my dense skull that I actually love her. I really do love her.

But Idiotic as I have I never had the courage to speak it right to her face. I did once tell her in a messaging box with a bit of jest but all I got was a rather crude hurl of insult. I was rather an easy-going easily accepting guy. I never took it to heart and found that as a cue that she didn’t love me at all.

But foolishly I fell in love with her the moment time passed. They say that the high-school life is the most important precious days of your life. I hated high-school for what it is. But with how things are in a few months. And how I will soon dive into college, get a degree and work myself to death like everyone does. I began to feel like that I wanted a companion to cheer me up.

I don’t have a great life. I suffered from diseases and constant crippling depression enough to make my jolly god-fearing self to become a self-hating moron. I pushed my friends away and even made people hate me so they can back off. But she, despite my rudeness would talk to me. She would approach me, smile at me with that same smile, and raise her brow, trying to banter with me.

It was during an orientation by a certain sister from a sister school that made me realize it all. She wasn’t that great looking or overly pretty. She had a twin who had more talent and confidence than her. She was average and even with that, I fell hard for her.

I hated myself for being an idiot. And because of it, I can only wear my old expression trying to endure the pain. Thinking about how she was so optimistic. I can make sure that she would move on. I tried avoiding her in our last days in the school.

I even miss prom and just watched her beautiful dress which she brags to me. She messaged me why I didn’t attend. I made an excuse that I was sick. Unhealthy and was not good enough to attend. She then sent those sad emotions as then I tried to make sure she doesn’t talk to me.

I was avoiding her to make the pain go away. And then the day of the exams happened.

It was the day when the students are free from the grips of the school. We were free to leave and come back in the graduation ceremony. I tried leaving early as usual but I saw her sitting near the rails of the stairs heading down cheekily smiling while holding her bag. She sat on the ground gesturing me to come to her. I could not resist her and sat near her. She then smiled at me. She told me why I was avoiding her. Like a fool I made excuses. And then he told me that in her head we were going out. She liked me enough to call me out. Let me sleep on her lap or cheer me up when I couldn’t go to school.

She was always there for me but in the end I never really noticed. Hearing her, my heart broke into pieces, I could not speak truly from my heart. I tried not to cry for my foolishness. I hardened my heart like a fool taking a leap of faith and decided to bid her farewell.

She told me:

“I am going to become a teacher. What will you do?”

I could never answer her. I didn’t even turn my head back and then went straight home where I tried not smash my head in for being foolish. I didn’t have anything other than her online handle. She never turned her account online so I was never able to speak to her. Waiting for graduation day was a like a nightmare.

And then when the day to graduate comes. I saw her wearing her beautiful black graduation robes with garlands on her neck. She had many friends so she was choking on garlands. I had a few and most of them were the dumb idiots that I call friends. I spoke my friends before the graduation started. Then the ceremony started and one by one were handed out our diplomas. I sat on my chair as I watch my old pals take theirs. The smiling faces on those idiots made me smile. And then I saw her walking beautifully in the stage. She wasn’t the most beautiful girl in the school. But to me, she was my shining light in the darkness.

The ceremony ended. Our hats flew up in the air as my old pals and classmates started to cry hugging each other. I could not bear the mood and tried to go. And as I go I bumped into her. She widens her eyes, tears rolling through her cheeks oddly telling me that she had fun in our years. I couldn’t honestly tell why I should do. And even though I wanted to leave in order to ease my swelling heart, she said.

“Please stay for a while okay? Let me talk like usual...”

I nodded my head. Then as if we were not on graduation day. She started talking to me while I refute her. There was a smile on her face as she talks. And when it was time for the two of us to go, I smiled at her, and she smiled back. With our backs turn, we left on our own separate ways.

Not hugging her or telling her I did love her.

Will always be my regret. And I wish she told me to stay before the year.

I would have.

Action likes this.
  14. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: Say
    Genre : slice of life,psychology,drama
    Theme : september 2017 here i"ll stay
    Word count: very short [500]
    Synopsis: clozdark talk about himself before falling asleep and you was a lucky people that hearing what he said happy reading
    It was 11:03 pm at that time and i just want to fall asleep when all the memory about all what happened today resurgence like a fireworks launcher that start shootings through my mind.

A long post of text in certain bulletin board that known as best media for people with similarities to talk about everything that interest each ither yet today is empty, no reply. That wall of text without reply is me describing all of my inner worries,problem,theory,my life that actually empty.

Unreplied ...

Unread ...

Unseen ...

Unknown ...

Cause i'm such a liar for telling vague word to all the people who want to start know about me, it's not because of common sense reasoning you expect instead because I'm scared of bleeding that leaking of love from my heart.

Falling ...

Unreachable ...

Corrupted ...

"I know"

I mumbled and drown myself back inside 5 layer of bedsheets, crawling inside and start rubbing my cheeks to this comfy softness of my shelter.

As my consciousness fading,I remember an image of crystal clear emotion that describes it better than any vague word i capable of speak till now, it's better if it can flow that easily when i want it flow to them how all the image you know about...

"Me is incorrect circle" i mumbled again and fall asleep....

an image of smiling people

From faraway land throwing stone at me

It's a failure again

Imperfect replica

Imperfect monster

Imperfect alien

Imperfect human

Imperfect scum

Lies lies lies

That people who song that poem giving me a rope and say

"Let's end it"

I saw it he's suffering and sad,why?why?why? Stop asking me!

Hi hi hi hi to risk of action eh? It's jumbled i got hazy and wake up...

It's better that i awake in the middle of night,looking at the smiling face of all the cute figure i loved because they can become true with their own self,while i...

"What is a rhythm in communication " i ask myself found myself in my room mirror reflection,start making a creepy smile worth to be called a criminal.

I open my room door and grab a cold water to calm my mind,and start thinking about something too prolonged the time before i going into that jumbled world called dream again....

Resistance is futile!! no one cannot explain it better than me how vague all of my own life and how vague i can to saying something! Uaghhh let's say something

"Hi i'm clozdark bye bye bye.... hueee people is scary ε=ε=ε=┏(゚ロ゚ )┛ "

???

What you expect it's end you know?

You just want to laugh at my disability right?

You confused right?

You didn't read at this point right?

。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。

Meanie ...

Meanie ...

It's better to back sewing my mouth and silence myself again

Kasha* kasha* kasha*

Sew* sew* sew*

φ( T ーT )

"I'm envious you can communicate"

_o(╥﹏╥)

Log out and let me disappear now please.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Action likes this.
  15. Cyrus King

Cyrus King Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So here is mine...

Title: Dark Intentions
    Word Count: 702 Words
    Genre: Tragedy, Yaoi ( not so sure but i'm not good at classifying them to be exact, feel free to read and voice ur opinion)
    Theme: Here I will stay with a Dark Twist (September's Theme)
    Synopsis: A Heartbroken Man felt a need to go to Therapy, but this time something happened, something that revealed a different side he never knew before.

In a particular Therapy Session

“It finally happened doctor, my best friend has finally been betrayed considering all the warnings I once gave him.’’ he laughed to himself “…and I know it’s not something to celebrate, being all jolly when your Soulmate is in pain…”

“Soulmates...” The Doctor asked.

“Yeah soulmates…it’s what we call each other.” Zach turned his eyes from the doctor, staring at the garden beyond the room, and the sun lighting up the verandah and the bland sheets that adorned the window.

“We have this thing between us. From the moment I laid eyes on him, I knew we were meant to be. But it just so happened that both of us needed a friend more at that moment that we became best friends. Soulmates that won’t sleep with each other….that won’t lie to each other. You see doctor...I tell my best friend everything I can’t tell everyone else ….and I tell you doctor things I can’t tell my best friend. And the fact that douchebag boyfriend of his was never trustworthy, was a fact I couldn’t force it on him…”

He sighed, “He was radiant, happy when he was with him. Is it wrong for me to wish I could protect him from the dark side of the world…that I wish he didn’t experience what heartbreak truly means?”

“It isn’t wrong,” The Doctor answered “in fact it’s rather admirable, noble even but doing so won’t help either of u in the long run. He has to experience for himself, to form a basis of his own reactions. It’s the only way he can adapt to the reality. Sheltered environment might make him unable to especially when you won’t be around all the time.”

Zach half-smiled to himself” I thought so too doctor…I thought so too”

“But then this isn’t about him. It’s about u. How did that make u feel…?” The Doctor asked.

“When it happened to me,” he began “When my ex cheated on me, I found dozens of messages…no name tags but words upon words of their fantasies and hookups and sex and saying they liked each other. At first I thought it was stupid u know...like what did he expect, to use the excuse ‘I don’t know this number’ to fool me…at times I say to myself, I’m too smart for my own good, that I notice way too fast and I read people way too much...a blessing and curse doctor...that’s what my mind is to me”

“Sometimes I wish I could tell him…I could pull my heart out, blood and all and tell him...say all the words I couldn’t find at the time when I read those texts....but this morning I did. When I saw my best friend coming to me…crying in such pain...I felt it...I felt pure Rage…it was like someone had taken a fire to my heart again...roasting it in an abdominal spasms…and the pain.....and I just thought if I could...I could go to his house. I would find him on his table, reading.....and then I would knock him out…bound him, gag him, pull him to his living room...beat him and tell him and shout it at him and for once...he would listen. He would be just there listening. Not opening his vile tongue to charm me again...this time I would have all his attention…his mind, his ears…his mouth would be mine...for the last time. Then I would take some gasoline...litter it everywhere...on his Xbox he loves and his sofa where we once fucked…and on his precious CDs....the ones he treasures the most, more so than his relationships...and light it all up in a blaze....hahahah yeah all in the glory of fire. I wouldn’t be merciful like my friend is, staying in relationship after all the lies. The only part I would agonize is…if I throw him too into the fire or not....he is an embodiment of perfection...too perfect to disappear and too handsome its borderline dangerous....”

Zach turned his eye to the doctor, laughing nervously. “I tend to smile when I am nervous, sometimes I laugh.” His head tilted “Doctor…do u think I’m vile to have such thoughts, do- do u think I am a bad and a dangerous person?...”

Disclaimer...Before u read , may i ask for forgiveness if it appears a very shoddy work. What's in here is 40% truth and the rest ..the rest is just a wellspring of creativity. Although i tried a different tactic ( a third person perspective from the September story theme) i truly hope it qualifies and if it doesn't..well u guys will still have a few words to read. Enjoy!!!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Pyoo and Action like this.
  16. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Boi, wasn't expecting yaoi.

Action likes this.
  17. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a true story and I have never shared this with anyone(shared on a Nu forum, and thought sinc eit met a criteria) and I consider this to be the only true love, or something identical to it that I have experienced. So I was maybe in the fourth standard or so, and I used to play with my neigbours who were about my age.

Before we go in the story, some details about the younger me. I was tye most arrogant person I have ever known to this day, to the point I used to stare at the sun for long time just because it wanted me to look down. Eventually I formed this misconception that sun lowered its heat when I stared at it, afraid of me. I had this philosophy 'If you stand in front of my way, I will crush you like dry leaves under my steps'. I was the natural leader and talker among my peers, winning numerous awards of all types. I had my brain working from a small age, and I could think, it worked well. And I was even more arrognt because I could get asay with nything and get everything I wnted using my brain and tongue.

Now one day our ball fell in this house, and a lady opened the door and returned the ball. She was so charming and friendly that we stopped playing on our street but inside her house with her. She was twenty years old then I guess.

That was the only time I tried to impress someone, whatever we played, I did my best and won, I would practice catching at home and make a fun activity tiring, because I did not want to fail in front of her. Due to my and her limited time, we could only meet for an hour at max and I would be waiting for that hour each day and everyday, when the hour just passed, I would lament how now I had to wait a long time for it come again.

Her elder sister who was married came back, nice lady too but not like her. Well she explained to me how adults go away when they marry, and that they were thinking of marraying her sister, marraying meant her leaving me, I was against the idea snd since I never really held back I used my words.

'Have her marry me then?' I asked naturally. She laughed and laughed, she told me to go ask my parents first.

Me being me, told my parents that I will do what I want and if they stop me then I am running from home. I did run from home once, from my neigbourhood to my dad's brother's house, big distance for a kid.

Anyways, back to the story, I am back to her place and now I am asking her to marry me.

'Kids dont marry'

'Who dares say that?' Me super arrogant.

'Everyone, this is our culture, this is our society'

'Tell them to come to me if they have a problem' Not backing off.

Then came the thunder question to rock my mind.

'Where will you get the money? I want dresses, I want jewelery' she said teasingly.

Off course between all of this I sas told several times how this was my kid love, and that when I grow up she would old. I told her what mattered was now, that I loved her, old or not it was her I wanted.

I knew about my pocket money, I had sense, I needed real money and it was only through jobs, things in my house work differently, my dad had money and he would be willing to buy me things but not hand me money, so no pocket money.

Who would give a job to me, a child? I certainly never saw a child working. I asked my dad for a job, he told me to do my homework. I asked him again and he told me to be the first in my class. I asked him once again and finally he made me sit at the counter of our business, my job was to recount the money before putting it in the drawer. I got promoted in a few days and now I was using a calculator to tell the cashier, the balance he needed to return. I got promoted again, big mistake this time. My job was to write reciepts so they could collect their order, the only problem was, no one could understand what I was writing.

I also started my mini business. My rich school had a photocopier who sold pastpapers, and we bought these papers before annual exams so we could solve these in our academy. For this, our parents for once must hand over money to us. I borrowed the pastpapers from my friend, counted the pages, then went to a local shop and asked their price per page. Told them I wanted to have a business with them, x10 copies of pastpapers bundle, which was many many pages. I got a discount, and there was a huge gap between the cost I go these pastpapers and what the photocopier was selling them at school. I sold it to my friends at first, cheaper than the photocopier and still made profit.

One guy told another and everyone wanted it from me, they would be saving money for themselves. I earned a big amount by selling to ten different sections/classes and each class had thirty or twenty kids. I made so much that the school administration issued me a warning.

So I did not have a fixed income still, but I had something. I was back with the question.

This time she explained to me that it is not how this works. She wanted a happiness that only an adult can provide to her, off course me being arrogant told her straight off that I could do double of what any adult can. She called her big brother who did fifty pushups in front of me. I was crushed, I could not manage even one.

Defeated. Now she was showing me photoes of people, asking me who she should marry.

I went to her brother. 'Say, I have a brilliant idea' 'I want her to stay and she wants to marry an adult, and you are an adult, why dont you both marry eachother'

I was then explained to, how brothers and sisters do not marry and never talk about this with anyone.

I had exhausted all my resources and all my brilliance that I was proud of. I was the kid who had beat up adults with my kid friends, I was THE KID. This really affected me, ina good way.

I refused to meet with her after this. She came to my home to ask for me, and I lockdd myself in the restroom to not meet her.

Eventually her marraige function came up. She was marraying a guy who was settled in Dubai, so that was another sucker for me.

I did not go to her marraige function(We live ina porch area and have lots of empty space, so this function was happening near my house), people tell me she was asking for me. Right after the function, she came with her husband to my home once again to meet me finally before she leaves for another country. Me being me, did not meet her.

After more than ten years, she has returned to her home and I am at my home too. She does not ask to meet me anymore. I saw her outside of her home once or twice, the only thing I recodnized her by was her smile and her eyes, she was all changed. Off course me still being me, I still refuse to meet her.

Her husband is fat and bald(Now, before he looked like a model).I met him and asked him 'How many pushups can you do?' He aswered 'None'.

Pyoo and Action like this.
  18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Put it on a spoiler please, and give it a title at the very least... >.>

Genre and wordcount would also be nice.

Cyrus King and Action like this.
  19. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I did give it a spoiler just before you posted. Title 'A true story' should do. I am not noce, word count, not possible.

Action likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh well... *shrugs*

I usually just copy paste the text into a .doc file and let the program count the words for me, doesn't take long.

Action likes this.