Request Virtual Reality Player Stats

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mooreja1, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Mooreja1

Mooreja1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been looking through various virtual reality novels and I'm failing to see how character get there stats up. I know they apply armors and weapons which give that stat boosts but I don't see like when they level up they gain so many stat points to add to their character.

If you know any specifics of ANY VR LN please let me know.

2. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    I welcome you to Legendary Moonlight Sculptor.

You're welcome

Zeckzen likes this.
  3. Mooreja1

Mooreja1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read LMS. I enjoyed it for a while. I like how the stats are gained by working hard. But does he gain any stats for leveling?

@Hunta

Zeckzen likes this.
  4. Xravia

Xravia 『Chaos Wizard Of Procrastination 』

Reading List:
    Link
    It works on the premise that when you accomplish your goals you get rewards, these rewards help fuel the players ambition to get stronger and continue to improve. Think of armor and weapons as material rewards and level ups as spiritual rewards if you are having trouble imagining it XD

5. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhan Long players get 10 stat points when they level up tho...TKA i dont know how they level up....that game is weird...

6. AndrewOrion

AndrewOrion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Virtual World: Peerless White Emperor
    Completing Quests can give you feats which automatically increase stats, often by a percentage of one or more other stats.
    Stat points can also be gained from items, and some are awarded upon every level up.
    Some talents and feats can even be upgraded.
    Different characters go different routs, my favorite is probably his priest friend.
    I think around 40% of his constitution is added to wisdom, and another 10-20% is added to his strength. He is the best tank shown so far, and only uses his level up stat points to increase his constitution, because a healthy body is a healthy mind. The point I am at, his health is several times higher than the second best tank they have met.

syc and justmehere like this.
  7. LIGHTDX

LIGHTDX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They aren't translating LMS anymore, not sure if someone will be able to pass Kakaopage's wall.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  8. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Just think of it as those like mmorpg games online.
    Every level up you get a fixed amount of stats to put into yourself and a few added bonus per level.
    Ex.
    My base stats are all 10 at level 1.
    After level up to level 2, I gained 5points to add to my prefered stats and also all of my base stats increase to 12.
    Every level up, increase base with extra points to add.

Mooreja1 likes this.
  9. Idolo

Idolo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in a few of the mmo and vr novels I've read they usually get stats from extra quest / ingame event like first to kill this boss or first to clear dungeon or top dungeon time to get extra stats boost. the most common one i can think of is earning titles in game like say the first person to finish Dungeon A get 5 stat point or first to kill a boss gets a boss killer title and stats for doing it. Seems this way is the fastest beside equipment and leveling.

10. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe most of the CN & KR VRMMORPG novels I'm reading via NU have specific stat assignments based on the characters class, so the Player/MC gets no choice in how their level effects their build unless they get a class change, so they have to rely on Equipment, Titles, Quest Rewards, & Skills.

Where they get agency & variation is in their Skill builds, though this is often influenced by important skills only even being available as loot drops or quest rewards.

This is why Equipment, Titles, & Quest rewards are so important to them

11. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    VR novels: Only Sense Online, Ossan VRMMO, ARK, 1/2 Prince & Bucket-san

12. ilhan1104

ilhan1104 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh the only thing i am confused about TKA is there is to many skill the mc have... So how can he use all of that skill just only with keyboard and mouse....

13. ilhan1104

Reading List:
    Link
    I think in TKA when lvl up we've got skill point. The max skill point we've got in max lvl is 4000 and the rest (1000) is by finishing some request (luck)

14. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In LMS you get 5 free stats points every time you level up.
    I would still recommend it because it's still one of the greatest stories in the genre. One of the best in city building, one of the best in VR game design, one of the best Necromancer designs, and one of the best in crafting class design.

15. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With keyboard shortcut: single shortcut (number, qwerty, etc), shift + shortcut, ctrl + shortcut, etc...

16. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
  17. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    This might not be relevant/correct but irl, a lot of mmorpgs I feel like don't even have a stat system, and use skills instead, maybe that are what novels like too?

18. syc

syc [ 空白 ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Many VRMMO novels might talk about how they distribute their stats at the first few levels, but will often be phased out as the story goes due to the level up stats becoming insignificant compared to items, characters pumping their stat points into the same thing every time, or just because the stat number doesn't really mean anything.

19. ilhan1104

Reading List:
    Link
    But if using ctrl and shift very difficult because you must aim and right click to use that skill