Spoiler Being an Author is a High Risk Occupation

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Aug 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    作者属于高危职业

I'm sorry @winter-t but your rec list is awesome! :cry:

This novel sounds hillarious ...I mean the MC is a kitten! :ROFLMAO:

Apparently the mc is an author that got killed by his fans and went his most famous novel
    He has to help the ml get revenge and complete the missions while being a kitty

That makes you wonder how did the ml fell for him >.<

pokes @scriptor @kiara8 @LaDyViL @krrizis @Kittsune @Shem @Toyo @Hotato @Novel otaku desu @readerz @Matsurika @kly @sinyueliang @SnowTime @ludagad @Luen @Yuslia @lalalyly @clear @dustmite @smr85

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    *pokes* tell me details

Novel otaku desu and kly like this.
  3. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw it but I don't have time to look over even more novels when I just started my own project.

Novel otaku desu and kly like this.
  4. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
  5. krrizis

Reading List:
    Link
    *coughs* Okay~ Just saw the pick up thread. Too cute! COME, here's another project I want people to translate for me... Huehue

Hanaru, Misaki Yata, Kalione and 3 others like this.
  6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Says the translator to other translators :blobpeek:

Hanaru likes this.
  7. krrizis

Reading List:
    Link
    This translator only does Japanese. Must call out to other Chinese translators. HOHO

Hanaru likes this.
  8. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel that so many spoiler threads for bl is making me spoiled. Extremely spoiled cause of bl. Please I wanna know how this ML falls in love with a MC kitty (unless he can take human form).

Hanaru, Nokita, Misaki Yata and 2 others like this.
  9. Onelifeonelove

Onelifeonelove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Details please~~~

10. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    MC hatches from an egg bought by the ml. Thinking he's a normal low grade beast, ml tried to refund him lmao.

The system is hilarious, first mission is to stick to the ml

The mc is some extinct special mythical cat beast though, the only problem is that his bloodline hasn't awaken according to his cat teacher which he later gets when he could turn into human form (system reward) for short periods of time and they join a sect.

Ml is the possessive type.

Funny portion was i think the ml kept feeding mc veggie stuff as punishment because mc kept skipping out to cultivate and stuff (didn't let ml know he could cultivate into human form).

So being meat-starved for too long, when he saw a girl holding chicken that was even bitten out of, mc bought it and ml was like... right, I starved him meat too long. (This was later when ml finds out about mc human form). Ml originally thought mc was staring at the girl because she was pretty and got jealous. Then finds out it was the meat mc was staring at.

System likes to give out punishment for failing missions as either death, going bald, streak around naked for 10 minutes, etc.

Mc once failed a mission and thought he found the loop hole of streaking naked in his room. But someone came in his room and saw him naked, ml finds out later and he gets 'punished'

General beasts have a contract with their owners, usually a master pet type. ML told mc he wanted to make one with him, an equal one which mc thought was just a noral and signed it. But it was a partner one lmao. So dual cultivation time

Kleep, Zhen_Qing, swordfish and 14 others like this.
  11. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I really really want to like this story because of the cat. I listened up to chapter 15 and its very... not memorable. If there was no cat, I would have given up after 5 chapters. It feels like I'm reading an encyclopedia. The story tells us information about the world and the characters history instead of showing the reader the world through character interactions. I was expecting that at minimum there would be lots of cute moments because the the MC is a cat. Maybe the story will be become more interesting after the MC has a humanoid form? Compared to other systems like the one in The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System or Let Me Tease You, this system doesn't really have a personality.

Does anyone else feel differently? Or, what do you guys like about this story so far?

Chapter 15 - MC gains back a human form (plus cat ears + tail) and runs off to explore the world.
    Chapter 16 - MC reverts back to cat form. He's grounded for three days for disappearing.
    Chapter 17 - MC is let out and act spoiled for a bit in front of ML.

12. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's not a very exciting read if I have to say as well~ it's a bit bland but it's okay. Not a masterpiece but it's well enough to pass time~ at least I don't have the urge to kill someone like when I'm reading atg or something...

Well. It s mostly just for a lighthearted read

Well, mc ran into someone who likes furry things while in battle lol

13. Kittsune

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so that means we don't see the excitment and suspense when ML finds out he can take human form instead thinking he's a cat for a long time into the series and thoughts of being a weirdo for falling in love with a pet? Darn.

14. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    ML figures out early on that MC is not an ordinary cat. He asked ML to meow once if he's a cultivator and meow twice if he's a mortal. And then meow once if he's a guy and meow twice if he's a girl. I thought MC and ML should have tried harder to figure out a way to communicate with each other, but nothing happened other than ML saying he would teach MC to read. MC does write simple messages using his tail. I stopped after chapter 17, but right now ML just feels possessive, not love towards MC.

15. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I liked the world-building b/c it's rare in bl to actually see world-building? A lot of it just adopts a typical xianxia/etc world and then assumes you already know the details behind how the world works so its doesn't explain any of it. Not everyone will find this interesting, so if this isn't something you like, you'll find those parts boring.

Hmm, this novel doesn't really stand out, that's true, but at the same time, there isn't really any aspect it does that bad a job on? Not sure if that makes sense, but I guess it's one of those you'll enjoy if you like the premise and the characters, but you won't otherwise. A lot of the humor's pretty low-key and if it clicks with you, it adds to the enjoyment, but if it doesn't, you might find it annoying or meh.

This is a fairly fun read if you're looking for something light-hearted to pass the time, but not if you're looking for a masterpiece or nonstop r-18 scenes. I'm not done reading yet though, so take this entire comment w/ a grain of salt.

16. Kittsune

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh that ruins the fun in MC acting stupid and fooling ML on being a cultivating beast that can take human form. Would of been more interesting if the secret of being capable of having a human form took longer to find out.

Kalione likes this.
  17. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a short novel xD

18. Kittsune

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I got too used to long novels that spans hundreds of chapters. I don't mind the plot or anything. Would of enjoyed more if they added those types of little things into the story but it doesn't take away anything either. Cause its danmei and I appreciate it at its core.

19. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're looking for a story like that, 'Little Phoenix is not an Immortal' isn't BL, but its a funny story about a modern girl who wakes up as a Phoenix in XuanHuan world. And everyone treats her as just a cultivating beast at the beginning. The person who finds her eventually suspects she's not an ordinary low-level beast because once she cultivates a human form she gets embarrassed when he's physically close to her and that's not normal animal behavior.

20. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Plus she ends up with Demon King, who is hilariously arrogant without being annoying. And he's good to her.