Door knocking

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hevveh, Aug 13, 2017.

?

Knock knock. What do you do?

1. My door doesn't get knocked on. But I have a baseball bat ready anyways.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. Let them in no matter what, all people are nice!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Just ask and be done with it.

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  4. I don't have anything to use.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Something else.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  1. Jerry chicks

Jerry chicks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well where I live people were actual like jehovah witness and knocking on doors kidnapping people so I'd open with a bat.

2. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NO ONE'S HERE!
    I shout this if it's a voice I recognize. If not, then I go to the door and ask who.

3. Cite

Cite 『Procrastinator』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would hide a weapon behind my back so if they attack... MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH They shall suffer the consequences.

4. Pretender

Pretender <{Vanquisher}> {(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻}

Reading List:
    Link
    I open it naturally, with a grenade in hand. This way at least one of them go down with me, and they can't catch me alive. God knows what are the intentions of that random guy with letters in hand, I can never trust someone who delivers bills.

5. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah! You people open the knocked doors? I let my younger brother do it when my parents aren't around!

6. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    j
    When I am at home, knocking does shit. We have a intercom nat our front door, you press the button and identify yourself, then you wait for our next door to unlock, for that someone from inside must come personally and fetch you.

When I was in a hostel in another city, I had frequent visitors at nights (we got hungry at 2-3am in the morning)sometimes at 2am or 3am.(Hostel doors close at 11pm, so either someone with conjections can come inside or its someone already living inside the building) If you are too tired, ignore. If they are disturbing you, scream 'Screw off'. If they dont back down, give them a threat that you will be opening the door in three seconds, and if your face is what I see, I will smash it. Mostly it is all about reputation.

Everybody in the hostel knew me. Yes almost fifty people living in seperate rooms in a very big building, and they all knew me, and when someone knows a lot of people, people know that he is someoje not to mess with. Frankly, have a weapon with you always just in case,mbe it simple as a newspaper that is rolled, I always have my pocket knife with me, my belt, my keys or my personal favourite, my pen. But what counts more than having weapons is your attitude and especially your eyes, you dont want to be seen as scared,mthat is especially truemif you are really scared.

So here is a general protocal to follow. Ask the one knocking to identify themsleves. If they are someone you know, and the time is reasonable and you go on.

If they are someone you dont know, act like you just got a call from someone who is coming to your room with their friends,mand make sure you teol them someone is knocking in your door right now.

noisypixy likes this.
  7. Xhzero

Xhzero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Home Security Solution by Coulin Furze really effective to send people away.

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN likes this.
  8. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in Indonesia. Public order is relatively good.
    No need to be scared that a *insert your most hated race/ethnic here* pointing at me with a gun.
    So, nothing.

Also, in Indonesia, the front door of most houses is always opened when someone is in the house. Better ventilation and I can see if someone is coming.

EDIT: Perhaps a bit culture information is needed for non-Indonesian.
    In most Indonesian culture, open door means that the house owner is accepting guests. Hospitality is still a big thing in Eastern Culture. So most houses open their door in the morning and afternoon.
    If a house have closed door then that means: the houseowner is asleep, away, or not accepting guests.
    If a house always close the door, then the houseowner might be deemed as Indonesian equivalent of hikkikomori or loner. But in modern house complex, this rule was not observed anymore. As people hardly know their neighbour, unlike traditional house complex.

I believe that if a citizen feels afraid even in their own house, then that country had failed in establishing public order.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  9. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I will ask first who is it, if I don't know them. Let them wait outside for long. MUAHAHAHA! Who know, they might be a burglar or sth.

10. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    who calls for me?

11. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN Planet sized warrior Tony without wisdom teeth

Reading List:
    Link
    The only problem I see with this is if they live they can take the gun and shoot you with it.

12. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in the US. I generally let someone else in my household get the door. Our door doesn't get knocked on a lot though.
    I've also been canvassing (you go around knocking on doors for some sort of campaign) before, and most people either aren't home/don't open the door, or they open the door (I can't recall anyone having a weapon). These were safe neighborhoods, so who knows.

13. Hevveh

Hevveh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is wrong with all of you?

14. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's funny how people in the developed world is more paranoid of strangers than we in the developing world...

15. Xhzero

Xhzero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still moving and kicking? We can use this Coulin Furze homemade weaponary and armed vehicle to welcome(disable) our guest (y)

16. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    I check peephole if someone Idk I pretend I'm not home, if package I only open door tiny bit

17. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Knock knock jokes

Mister hu
    Hu who?
    Hu ate your mom

Paired with yo momma jokes

18. Artesia

Artesia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You shouldnt blame your friend, alot of crime goes on and its better to pick up a bat than be sorry

19. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    I check the hidden cameras first, duh.