Novel Sword Immortal's Rebirth (Chapter 31 and 32 are up...)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by AardwarkThe2nd, Jun 11, 2017.

?

Dis gud?

1. yes

18 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. I don't care

30 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. New readers, select this.

28 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. IsekaiSan

IsekaiSan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im getting a headache scrolling down this novel

2. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll add it after I crossposr on RRL

3. IsekaiSan

IsekaiSan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh ok ty

4. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 22: Dragon Phoenix Twins

The hot blooded swing of a sword chopped at him from the front while the cold blade of a saber cut from behind. Heifeng Jiansui simply sidestepped to the left and turned directions so that he faced both of his opponents. Two twin girls with the only difference between them being their blue and red hair were teaming up against him in a spar.

The blue haired twin was Feilong Shanxue, a saber wielder possessing an Ice Dragon bloodline and the red haired twin was Feilong Yanyang, the swordfighter with a Fire Phoenix bloodline! With both of them battling together, it was like facing a soaring dragon and dancing phoenix!

No battle spirits, no refiner-equipment and no secret techniques or bloodline arts… This was a simple spar between the greatest young talents of this Ninebless Phoenix Island and the young prince of the Black Phoenix Divine World!

However, despite being outnumbered, this spar didn’t seem to be something difficult for Heifeng Jiansui… In fact, he was giving out advice and instruction for the two girls who were attacking him…

“The Soaring Dragon, Dancing Phoenix manual is a pretty good foundation martial art! Including a breathing art, movement art, fist art, sword art, saber art and twin battle formations, you can actually build a foundation for the first six layers of Body Transformation as a mortal! And you are quite close to mastery as well, at the age of 13! You are qualified as geniuses!” Heifeng Jiansui was casually dodging their attacks as he said this.

“Young lord, you are quite skilled as well.” Feilong Yanyang was quite unwilling as she said this. The fantasy of beating the boy in a single blow and making him withdraw his demand of keeping her as his maid had disappeared long ago!

“Your foundation in the fist and the breath is quite good. However, the movement techniques diverge from there. You cannot display the grace of a phoenix in your step, red hair! Your sister’s feet show the domination of a dragon, but your inadequacies are hampering her!” Heifeng Jiansui said this as he casually parried her sword and struck her to the ground with a crushing strike.

“As for you, blue hair. Your movement is alright, but your saber technique is simply swinging the blade wildly. It has barely surpassed the level where you aren’t accidently cutting yourself. ‘Dominating Wild Blade’ doesn’t mean simply swinging around the saber insanely, you know?” With a precise strike, Heifeng Jiansui stopped the wild swinging before throwing the other twin the ground with a roundhouse kick.

The spar had concluded with Heifeng Jiansui’s overwhelming victory. In truth, from the moment the spar began, Heifeng Jiansui had simply been evaluating their comprehension of their technique. This was something that both his opponents knew as well.

Both of the twins mentally returned to a few hours ago, when the village chief ordered her and her sister to become this young master’s maids. This meant giving up their freedom, abandoning the chances their talents would give them and devoting their lives to serve this boy! When he would come of age, they would have to give up their virginities to him. In the end, they would simply end up as comfort women with lower caste than the concubines in the Imperial Harem!

Heifeng Jiansui’s three maids were descended from Imperial servants and serving him was the greatest honor in their hearts. Compared to them, the Feilong siblings had their peerless bloodlines and stable foundations. Joining a local sect would allow them to continually rise until they reached the level of a Sect Master. Joining a subsidiary of the Five Sacred Beast Sect or the Ten Thousand Sword Palace would allow them to rise further. So how could they consent to become mere comfort women?

Since openly refusing was impossible, they decided to challenge him to a battle. Almost arrogantly, Heifeng Jiansui stripped off his top-grade Mortal Rank armor, drew a common 3 foot sword and challenged the two of them together. They thought that he was being too arrogant.

How could the twins have imagined that Heifeng Jiansui was not being arrogant, but was a person with unfathomable strength?

“So, my new twin maids… Feilong Shanxue and Feilong Yanyang, it is time to pledge loyalty to your master!” Heifeng Jiansui understood that these two sisters did not wish to be subordinate to him, but he ignored their wishes. These two girls were true Phoenix and Dragon twins, had dense bloodlines and exquisite bodies! With these two joining, he could have a complete Five Sacred Beast Formation by joining their bloodlines together with his three maids.

Even if these girls objected with all their might, he would force them into servitude anyway! But for the sake of maintaining the façade of a benevolent master, he decided to ask them of their wishes.

“Do you two have a special request of some sort? As you know, I am a Prince of the Black Phoenix Empire ruling over this entire world. Be it peerless techniques, pills, equipment, I can grant them to you.”

Feilong Yanyang was the more headstrong of the twins and usually answered for the pair of twins, with her sister quietly standing by her decision. Hearing his words, she knew that this was an offer to sweeten the pot for both of them to join as his comfort women. Now that she and her twin had been soundly defeated by him, they didn’t have any excuses to refuse anymore. And if they did, they would surely end up offending the power behind the Prince that stretched across the Great World, and end up being chased, captured and finally end up in this arrogant Prince’s palms.

“Young lord, me and my sister have been cultivating the ‘Soaring Dragon, Dancing Phoenix’ manuals left behind by our parents. But as you might know, this is only for foundation building. The true technique we are cultivating is the ‘Yin-Yuan Dragon-Phoenix’ Art. This technique will destroy the cultivator’s foundations if they lose their Primordial Yin before cultivating it to Perfection. Since this technique was the only heritage left behind by our parents… Please let us cultivate it as your maids.” Saying this, both girls bowed down to Heifeng Jiansui.

“Oh, the Yin-Yuan Dragon Phoenix’ Art, huh. It is the second Heaven-rank common dissemination technique of the Five Sacred Beast Sect after the Five Sacred Beasts Cycle. While cultivating it independently will let you rise to the level of a True Disciple of a high-level sect, it has a ridiculous amount of restrictions on it!

To begin with, it is a dual cultivation technique requiring Dragon or Phoenix bloodlines or battle spirits for best results, while the minimum conditions are the fire and ice element bloodlines. It requires two fire and ice element cultivators with bloodlines of the respective elements, requires perfect harmonization of energy between the two cultivators, requires the maintenance of Primordial Yin and Primordial Yang energy of the two cultivators and requires the convergence of the souls and battle spirits of the two cultivators! If you put all the previous conditions together, this technique requires regular sexual transfer of energies between the two cultivators without change in Primordial Yin-Yang… this restricts the cultivators of this technique to same-sex couples! You will have to break the taboo between siblings if you want to cultivate this art! Are you sure you want to cultivate this art regardless?” Heifeng Jiansui informed the two girls with a solemn experience on his face.

Hearing the words spoken by the prince, Feilong Yanyang was mortified. Heifeng Jiansui actually knew about this technique, and he knew more than her! What ‘regular sexual transfer of energies’, this was the first time she had heard of this! However, she was already riding atop the tiger and could not come down! Quickly wrapping her arms around her blushing sister, she said, “What breaking the taboo? To cultivate the heritage of my parents, such minor conditions are acceptable!”

“…I wonder what kind of parents you had to actually leave this technique behind as heritage… Anyway, if you truly want to cultivate this technique, I won’t block you two. I have other Heaven-Rank techniques for you to choose from if you decide to abandon this pursuit… While none of them have the raw cultivation speed and seamlessness of the Yin-Yuan Dragon-Phoenix Art, they can be cultivated separately.” On hearing Heifeng Jiansui’s words, both the sisters were highly tempted to leave the charade behind, but their pride prevailed. After this, they had no other excuses so they obediently swore stringent oaths to follow Heifeng Jiansui as maids.

At this moment, Heifeng Jiansui took out a jade slip from his spatial ring. “Since both of you have decided to cultivate that technique, I will give you a supplementary technique to cover some of the restrictions. The most important foundation of the Yin-Yuan Dragon-Phoenix Art is the balance of Primordial Yin-Yang. Even though sexual relations between the same gender can transfer energy without shaking the balance of Primordial Yin-Yang, excessive stimulation might shake the Primordial Yin-Yang anyway! This Yin-Yang Locking Art locks the Primordial Yin-Yang energies and prevents their transfer even during sexual intercourse! If you train this art, you twins will not be restricted to incestuous relationships, you two can service this young master here as well!”

Hearing this, the faces of both twins turned pale. Seeing the crafty grin on the young Prince’s face, the two sisters realized that they had fallen hook, line and sinker for Heifeng Jiansui’s debaucheries!

Morvian likes this.
  5. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Morvian likes this.
  6. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes...
    Just make them lesbian twins
    No sex with mc plz...
    Mc needs to become a wizard in the future and he needs his first time intact for that...

By the way I would like to remind you the mc is under ten years old...
    The sexually urges of his body should not be very prominent yet...

7. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link

Edit: just in case I didn't make it clear... plz relieve your sexual urges BEFORE writing the chapter and not during...

8. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, the MC doesn't have any sexual urges yet. He tricked the girls into becoming incestuous lesbians just because he felt like it. Until now, the MC has been a reasonable nice guy, so did his sudden assholery feel off-putting?

Morvian likes this.
  9. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link
    i just didnt like it because i came here for cultivation stories not sex stories thats all...

10. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 23: Mobile Estate

After recruiting the Longfei sisters as his maids, the group of six were taken around the village by the sisters. The village named Ninebless was exceedingly small, with the majority of the population being mortals. While the bloodlines of the villagers were descended from dragons and phoenixes, descendents with pure bloodlines rarely appeared, perhaps once in a generation.

Finally, they arrived at the home of the village chief. The person looked like a ordinary old man, but he certainly had a high cultivation base concealed. “Young Prince, how do you like the twin geniuses of our Ninebless village?”

“They are amazing. I will certainly take care of them.” The Longfei sisters scowled on hearing the conversation that treated them as items being traded.

“I hope you do… Their parents were the geniuses of the previous generation, and joined the Five Sacred Beast Sect. After these two were born, they entrusted the twins to me for raising. They left secret arts and other resources as well. Due to the twins still being young, none of them have been used. As their proper inheritance, I will entrust them to you now.” Saying this, the man handed over a spatial ring to Heifeng Jiansui.

Heifeng Jiansui watched the ring for a moment, before tossing it to the sisters. Longfei Yanyang caught it and put it away. After this, she gracefully bowed at her benevolent master for not seizing her inheritance.

“It seems that your parents are quite wealthy cultivators. It has been 13 years since they entrusted you to the chief here, did they ever return again?” Heifeng Jiansui posed this question to the Yanyang twins.

“No, young master.” Thinking about their birth parents, the twins were at a loss. It was most likely that they were dead, having escaped to hide away their children before perishing.

“Hmph… Well, if they return, do tell them that their daughters are now my women! I will gladly receive them if they return!” Saying these bold words, Heifeng Jiansui left the flabbergasted village chief and left the village.

+++

“Young master, where are we heading to?” It had already been hours since they left the village, and the group of five were still treading through the woods of the forest outside the Ninebless village. Thankfully, they had not met any true demonic beasts and all other wild beasts were dispatched by Qinglan Weiwei’s spear strikes.

“Our destination is still a bit far away… It won’t do to get exhausted so early, so keep walking. I won’t be bedding you for at least a decade, so you have to be useful in other ways!” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui ignored their complaints and continued walking.

“Not bedding us for a decade…? Of course, he is still quite young so he must be forbidden by his family from sexual relations until his foundation stabilizes!” After knowing this, the twins became more energetic and stopped complaining. Of course, Heifeng Jiansui had concealed his true age, so they still thought of him as a peer!

“How strange, normally we would have encountered a demonic beast already, but it seems we are in luck today…” While Longfei Yanyang was relieved at not being caught by demonic beasts, they would be perfectly safe even if attacked today. The Royal Palace would never allow a Prince to be assigned to a remote place without a powerful guard!

While Heifeng Jiansui told the twins that he had come without guards, they did not believe it. A secret guard must be tailing him unnoticed, protecting him from peril!

Of course, Heifeng Jiansui truly did not come here with guards. With his ability to craft Spiritual Weapons, the Emperor was sure that it was impossible for him to come to harm in this place unless he deliberately courted death.

By using his spiritual sense techniques, Heifeng Jiansui avoided all demonic beasts. While he could easily handle them, he didn’t want to discourage his battle maids by proclaiming his strength that did not need protection.

Finally, they reached their destination. There was a vast lake with a small islet in its centre. The waves rolling on the water gave a sensation of peace. It seemed as if all burdens on the heart had been relieved.

“All of you must be feeling a sensation of calmness, as if all the burdens on the heart have been relieved. This is a specialty of this place which even the grand formation that is close to achieving sentience cannot perceive. Since arriving on this island, all of us have been tracked by the grand formation until we arrived here. Now that we are away from its eyes, the subconscious feeling of danger has abated.” As Heifeng Jiansui said this, all the girls were shocked.

“This place is concealed from the Phoenix Requiem Array?! How is this possible?” Feilong Yanyang couldn’t help but say this in a surprised manner.

“So you natives call the grand formation Phoenix Requiem Array… Anyway, the truth is that under this lake is a Wood-Water spirit vein. It opposes the Ice-Fire spirit veins upon which the grand formation was built. Thus, even Heaven’s eyes cannot see this.” Hearing this, all doubts were resolved.

“Now, this place shall be our new home.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui removed a gem from his spatial ring and threw it into the lake. The gem accurately fell in the exact middle of the islet and resonated with the core of the spirit vein.

And suddenly, like Mt. Sumeru within the mustard seed, a palatial estate sprang up on the isle. A peerless abode for cultivators housing various formations was formed on the isle in the middle of the lake!

Heifeng Jiansui held up his right hand, as if to call for the door to open. And the door of the mansion indeed opened, with a wooden bridge crossing from the isle to the lake shore forming in a instant!

Heifeng Jiansui gracefully stepped on the bridge with his maids following. This place would be the castle of his dominion, a place where only his control reigned!

+++

“…And these are your rooms. You can pick and choose.” Heifeng Jiansui had shown the five girls around the house, something that was usually a maid’s duty.

“””“I’ll pick this room.”””” With the twins picking a single room, every other girl picked a room of their own.

“Before this, I have granted all of you secret arts and armor. Well, now that we have arrived at my estate, I can grant you girls a weapon to battle with. Come with me and take your pick.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui took the girls to a door that led to a hall.

“The Hall beyond the door has a Earth-grade ‘Weapon Heart’ formation. It guides you towards the best weapon to train in. A supreme talent in swordsmanship will not fare well cultivating spear arts. After all, like elemental Dao, weapon Dao are also based on talent.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui smiled. “All of you, please enter at the same time. This formation has illusory components so you will not be distracted.”

+++

Once again, the girls sat together with their Prince in his bedroom. This could have been the prologue for a more interesting scene, but it wasn’t time yet!

“As expected, Qinglan Weiwei’s talent is in the spear. Xuehu Ying has chosen the path of the claw. Gui Tian’er is embarking on mastering the staff. And Feilong Shanxue and Yanyang have chosen the saber and the sword respectively!” As Heifeng Jiansui stated this, the girls nodded.

“I already know about your bloodlines and elemental affinities. So, the only thing remaining is the battle spirit!” After he said this, Qinglan Weiwei immediately awakened her battle spirit. Azure leaves with red veins were formed on her fingers. “Azure Dragongrass, Plant-type martial spirit.”

This was a trash martial spirit, only able to form the grass of a common herb. But long ago when she was a impoverished girl without resources to train in martial arts, she slept in a field of this grass and it nurtured her battered body to health. Since then, she used this as a recovery method in lieu of pills. Unexpectedly, it caused the quantity of grasses that she could form and control to rise higher and higher!

Heifeng Jiansui caught a drifting leaf, casually biting it. “Well, this is a fairly common type of spirit, so manuals of battle spirit techniques for this mus be common as well. I’ll get a manual of the best techniques sent to you in a few days.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui turned to Xuehu Ying.

The short Xuehu Ying caused phantasmal claws to appear over her fingers. “This is my battle spirit, White Tiger Claws, weapon-type martial spirit.”

Heifeng Jiansui stroked the claws with his fingers, causing Xuehu Ying to shudder all over her body… “If you had shown these earlier, I would have designed claws that you could fuse your martial spirit with… Don’t worry, I will forge new claws for you anyway.”

Without prompting, Gui Tian’er awakened her martial spirit. A illusionary tortoiseshell formed with a green light and quickly flew into Heifeng Jiansui’s body. He immediately felt a defensive power cover his body. “Tortoiseshell Barrier, support-type battle spirit.”

“…This is fairly rare. I will have a look if supportive manuals for this technique exist.” Saying, he glanced at the Feilong twins.

Around Feilong Yanyang, a white fire formed while her sister called ice around her. Ice and fire converged to create a white beast with dragon head and phoenix tail. In the end, it curiously looked a swan instead.

“While my battle spirit is Firestorm, Elemental-type battle spirit and Shanxue has the Icedragon Phantasm, Beast-type battle spirit, we can perform spirit fusion to form the Pure While Phoenix Dragon!”, Feilong Yanyang proudly said this.

“Good. Your spirit fusion beats all others in destructive power. I’ll ask for Ice-Fire spirit fusion techniques in addition to manuals about your battle spirits.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui smiled. He finally knew everything needed to gather their scattered power into a force capable of defending him.

“Now, I know there is to know about your battle spirits, bloodlines, elemental affinities and your innate talents. Even with it, your chance of protecting me in a crisis is zero. All of you are mortals without cultivation and thus useless while facing a cultivator. Thus, the only thing that can shore up your power is one: battle formations!”

“Here, these are five copies of the Five Blades Converge Art. It is a foundation battle formation with the cores being weapons. Even though it is basically a foundation scripture, it is good enough to keep you from dying against a pack of wolves. That’s good enough for you in your current state… You have a week to practice, basing on the amount of food stored in my spatial rings. After that, it is hunting time! Train well! I am going into seclusion for the week as well, so don’t bother me when you are starving!” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui nonchalantly threw a spatial ring containing food and a map of the surroundings.

Heifeng Jiansui wasn’t worrying about their death. The area near the lake specifically kept away demonic beasts. He happily walked in the direction of his room until he arrived at his doorstep. After sealing the door from the inside, he ran out of the door to explore the vast world outside.

It had been truly a long time since his last kill.

Morvian likes this.
  11. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 24: The Path of the Dao

In a grassy field, a pack of wolves met a single boy with a sword. This should have been prologue to a tragic conclusion, yet…

Slash, Slash, Slash! Heifeng Jiansui’s top-grade sword easily cleaved through flesh and blood to behead the wolves and end their lives. The pack had been decimated in no time at all. After killing off the alpha first and putting the pack into disarray, Heifeng Jiansui casually slaughtered all the beasts.

“…It’s been only a day and all my spatial rings are filled up already. I did get around 10,000 beastcores, but the rings are filled with the flesh and blood from the beasts. That amount is enough to refine a gallon of essence blood, but I am still a bit disappointed… The Tri-Essence Swallowing Sword’s foundation was completely mastered by me, but I still can’t leave husks of dried skin like a true heaven-swallowing demon!” That’s right, even a top-grade law couldn’t unleash such destruction at the foundation stage. Quintessence Sword was an exception because it was Heifeng Jiansui’s own Sword Codex.

“I swept through the entirety of the island and uniformly reduced the population of the beasts. After exploring the island, its shape of a phoenix claw and the placement of spirit veins, it truly is in the shape of a phoenix. If I use that formation, I can cover the entirety of the island and turn it into my true domain.” A domain. This was controlling a part of the world and its laws, binding it to oneself. If Heifeng Jiansui bound the island into his domain, he would have unsurpassed killing power as long as he didn’t face Immortal Lords.

Of course, Heifeng Jiansui had a chaosworld microcosm within his heart, but he was planning to remove it before embarking on the path of cultivation. Something that should only being created at the apex of cultivation being present in the body of a new cultivator… that was a recipe for chaos.

“Of the nine layers, I have reached the apex in Physique, Dantian and Battle Spirit. I have opened the Three Sea, but not reached the limit of them. And as for Law Intent and Bone Inscription, my understanding of the Sword Dao that I carried over from my previous life has transformed them as well. As for the Daoheart…”

The Daoheart wasn’t as simple as willpower or a desire to pursue the peak of martial arts. As the final step of the Body Transformation boundary, it was a barrier that could not be crossed by many geniuses. It was something that brought together all the previous layers of Body Transformation to truly transform the body. It was the first true step on the boundless path of the Martial Dao.

It would be the heart of the Dao Heifeng Jiansui would pursue. Thus, if he simply took the Sword Dao he had risen to the apex as his Daoheart, he would have his cultivation speed rise to an enormous level. He could also rise to a Chaos Sovereign, the apex he reached in his previous life. But…

Wouldn’t it be simply rehashing the path he walked on earlier? Something like that would be meaningless. If one reached the 9th Heaven in his previous life, he must become an existence above the Heavens!

In his previous life, the Sword Dao was his Daoheart, with the Nine Elemental Dao as the supporting pillars. In this life, the Sword Dao had to become a supporting pillar of the True Dao he chose as his Daoheart!

But a Dao which encompassed the Sword Dao within it was too rare. To begin with, the only such Dao Heifeng Jiansui knew of was the Dao of the Battle Emperor, a Dao focused on converging the myriad killing techniques into one.

It was the Dao which the eldest, yet the weakest Perpetual Emperor completed. An ordinary mortal received a part of its legacy and soared to become the youngest, yet the strongest Perpetual Emperor. Heifeng Jiansui was suddenly reminded of his master.

That person died battling the Black Dragon along with all the other Perpetual Emperors, all to buy time for him to grow to a realm where he could kill it. That person was the only one who Sword Immortal Jiansui acknowledged as his master, but who refused to acknowledge him as a disciple. That reminded him, he had to pass that legacy down in this era.

The Dao of the Battle Emperor was not one which he could embark on.

The Nine Elemental Dao, the Samsara Dao encompassing Life, Death and Reincarnation, the eternal cycle of Chaos, Creation and Desolation… None of them truly suited him. As Heifeng Jiansui thought long and hard about his future path, hours passed by and day turned into night.

This shook Heifeng Jiansui from his daze. In the shadow of the night, the moon was shining bright. A gentle gale was blowing, but all it spread was the smell of blood. A river flowed in a stream and some small beasts drank from it.

A myriad wonders stemming from one. A Dao that was complex yet simple. A path that all cultivators at the apex had to embark on.

Heifeng Jiansui decided that the Dao that would be the Heart of his cultivation! The Dao that encompassed all, the Dao of the World!

+++

After only a single day, Heifeng Jiansui returned to his estate. As the master of his house, he could enter without alerting the inhabitants. He immediately entered the most important place within, the Auxiliary Refinement Corridors.

This mobile estate had Earth Rank tools for Alchemy, Blacksmithing and Formations. These facilities that weren’t allowed to him as a Prince were all here! In truth, he was allowed a higher grade mobile estate due to not taking a posse of Imperial Guards around.

Entering the Alchemy Room, he immediately made himself familiar with the Earth Rank Cauldron. Connecting himself to the Formations running through the Palace, he immediately used the qi he had access to and expanded the size of the Cauldron. After this, he immediately poured a spatial ring’s contents into it.

The ring had the flesh and blood of all the tigers that he slaughtered today. The cauldron closed and he began refining. Finally, a single drop of pure essence blood of a tiger was formed. This would be a good reward for Xuehu Ying, who had a Kirin bloodline.

After this, drops of blood containing the essence of dragons, tortoises and phoenix were formed as well. The remaining blood and flesh was condensed into Bloodheart Crystals. This was something that could improve almost any bloodline and something that could be formed only after a battlefield of slaughter.

Heifeng Jiansui then remembered something that he had forgotten. With the Sword Talisman of the Ten Thousand Sword Sect, he registered this mansion as his abode. Now, the messenger sword carrying materials and taking finished products would arrive here instead of the Black Phoenix Imperial Palace.

After picking up some A-Rank and S-Rank missions, he began refining. There were many tasks he had to do, so might as well begin with the easiest first.

A/N: Short chapter today. I think it was a good conclusion.

Morvian and Pokebailey Joker like this.
  12. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 25: Imparting the Dao to Qinglan Weiwei

It took only the rest of the day for Heifeng Jiansui to complete the S-Rank and A-Rank missions. He was quite adept at refining Spiritual Equipment now. With the large amount of missions he had completed, a pile of merit points and unused top grade metals, materials and beastcores were accumulated. But since there was nothing he needed, those merit points were useless.

Further ahead when he actually began cultivation, he could use pills to refine himself. But as a mortal building his foundations, he could simply rely on his top-grade techniques and the energy of heaven and earth for training.

He planned to begin cultivating only at the age of 13. Thus, more than a decade of time was left to him for building up his foundations. Something like using pills to rush things would be meaningless.

Suddenly, his Sword Talisman began vibrating. Heifeng Jiansui checked it expecting a battle challenge. Heifeng Jiansui spent a short amount of time battling, but his opponents were all top-tier and furthermore, he always won. His Virtual Arena Rank rapidly rose, giving others enough incentive to beat him and snatch his position. So challenges were always incoming.

But this time, it wasn’t a challenge. Instead, it was a notice.

[You have completed 250 S-Rank Auxiliary missions.]

[You are now eligible to apply for S+ Rank, S++ & S+++ Auxiliary missions]

[The value of a S+ Rank Auxiliary mission (Forge One-Star Quasi-Earth Rank equipment) is equal to 10 ordinary S-Rank Auxiliary missions.

The value of a S++ Rank Auxiliary mission (Forge Two-Star Quasi-Earth Rank equipment) is equal to 50 ordinary S-Rank Auxiliary missions.

The value of a S+++ Rank Auxiliary mission (Forge Three-Star Quasi-Earth Rank equipment) is equal to 100 ordinary S-Rank Auxiliary missions.]

[Completing a certain amount of S-Series Auxiliary Missions can allow for a direct promotion to Meteor level/ Chosen Disciple.]

Quasi-Earth Rank... While Quasi-Earth Rank Pills and Formations existed, Quasi-Earth Rank was a classification mainly for equipment. These types of equipment had power close to Earth Rank equipment yet could be used by Body Transformation boundary martial artists. It should be known that Earth Rank equipment were restricted to Life Desolation martial artists, so having a power close to them as Body Transformation martial artists was a major boost in power!

A One-Star Quasi-Earth Rank equipment was restricted to cultivators of the Body-Mind Transformations who could use True Qi.

A Two-Star Quasi-Earth Rank equipment was restricted to cultivators of the Three-Sea Transformations who could use Spiritual Qi.

A Three-Star Quasi-Earth Rank equipment was restricted to cultivators of the Heart-Law Transformations who could use Yuan Qi.

While Heifeng Jiansui was still constructing blueprints for transforming the Nine Pillars of the Black Phoenix Allbeast Ruler array into top-grade Spiritual Weapons, he suddenly had the desire to change them into Quasi-Earth weapons! But he regretfully gave up on that idea. Even if he wasn’t concerned about abandoning all the progress he had made, the Quasi-Earth rank needle would not serve to temper his body, but simply blow it up into chunks of meat!

Even if Heifeng Jiansui forged these equipments, using them would be impossible. Of course before even thinking of that, forging them could be termed as close to impossible.

The current Heifeng Jiansui was simply a mortal. To even forge top-grade Mortal equipment, he had to connect himself with the formations to draw energy, so refining Quasi-Earth Rank equipment should be even harder! In truth, refining Quasi-Earth Rank equipment required True, Spiritual or Yuan Qi based on the amount of stars. Also, sufficient control over the energy must be maintained to avoid backlashes and failure. While this would only result in forging failures for refiners who had cultivated to the needed boundaries, a cultivation backlash like that might be fatal to Heifeng Jiansui!

Finding these types of Qi in nature without cultivating them was nearly impossible. Having a powerful helper who had reached peak Body Transformation would be the best for this. Of course, the only other way of completing these missions was if he found a Spirit Spring or a Spirit Vein Convergence Point. Of course, the grand formation over this island would not allow him to use the Spirit Springs as he pleased, and it was the only landmass in the surrounding sea. There weren’t even any rockmasses in the surrounding 100,000 sq. km., an arrangement of the former Ninebless Phoenix Sect to guarantee complete isolation and security!

With the Phoenix Essence Talisman, he could try to communicate with the grand formation and get a Spirit Spring he could use. After all, it controlled the majority of the Qi circulating on the island, so it could afford to let some go.

Before going to sleep, Heifeng Jiansui thought about all that he needed to do. The first thing on his mind was that he needed to create a Spiritual Rank Black Phoenix Allbeast Rule formation for his Phoenixflame Marrowforge Art to breakthrough. Other than that, he had to create a technique for Qinglan Weiwei to comprehend her Daoheart as a mortal. Also, the battle formation he had given his maids to train was too inadequate; he needed a formation that could unify their strengths as one. He also needed to communicate with the Formation Spirit of the Grand Formation controlling the island.

…Also, he needed to perform acupuncture on the Feilong siblings and clear out their bloodlines. He nearly forgot that.

After noting all this down at the back of his mind, he went to sleep.

+++

The next day, according to their previous arrangements, they six occupants of the estate had breakfast together. Steamed buns with tiger meat stuffed in, noodles broth in shark fin soup… All kinds of exquisite dishes were presented for Heifeng Jiansui’s eating pleasure. Three of his five maids were picked from the Imperial Palace’s Servant Quarters, after all. They could certainly cook.

The dishes served to the other girls seemed to be less exquisite than what Heifeng Jiansui was eating. Just when was about to ask this, Qinglan Weiwei spoke up. “Young master, how is my cooking? I cooked all this when I realized you weren’t keeping your seclusion during breakfast. Making this breakfast took up quite a bit of effort.” Her tone seemed like a dog wagging its tail, wanting to be praised.

“It is amazing. Initially, I didn’t think I could enjoy the same level of cuisine that I expected in the Imperial Palace, but you surpassed my expectations. Were you a cook of the Royal Palace?”, Heifeng Jiansui asked with genuine curiosity.

“Yes, young master! A cook would have greater access to beast meat, so I began working under a Imperial Cook at the age of 13. My skill has been polished through 8 years of tempering!” Qinglan Weiwei’s puffed up her chest in pride.

After saying this, before Heifeng Jiansui could speak, she immediately guessed his question and answered, “Young master, in the end we all are your maids. In the Imperial Palace, servants aren’t allowed to eat in the same room as the master. Even though we are violating that rule, we should show our understanding of our inferiority in our eating and demeanor.”

“I don’t care about the look of the dishes, but their nutrition value must be equal to mine. Don’t skimp on that, okay?” After hearing this, Qinglan Weiwei looked as if she wants to disagree, but she forced herself to nod.

After eating to his fill, Heifeng Jiansui waited for the others to finish before commanding the Feilong twins. “Yanyang, Shanxue, I have yet to use acupuncture on you two to clear your meridians, so prepare yourself for it. In the next three hours, thoroughly cleanse yourself, exercise your physique and use your technique to cultivate as preparation.” Hearing his words, the two girls were shocked. The young prince was also an acupuncture specialist in addition to a Mortal Auxiliary Master?

Shifting his attention to Qinglan Weiwei, he began. “Since we have three hours remaining, let us spar in the meantime. Display all your abilities you have inherited from the legacies. You are the strongest among my maids, so I need to gauge your strength.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui grabbed her by hand and led her to the sparring grounds.

Since the two remaining maids were not assigned any duties, they began clearing up the breakfast table and used dishes. If they couldn’t even do this, what use were they as maids?

+++

In the sparring grounds, Qinglan Weiwei held a long spear while Heifeng Jiansui simply held out his hands.

“Come at me with every technique that you have.” His fingers flashed with silver Swordlight. This power could evenly match against her top-grade Earth Rank spear.

Qinglan Weiwei did not dare to hold back. Since her master had told her to attack him with all her techniques, she had to oblige.

Flash! A azure streak of light was struck away by silver fingers. The blue light that followed was struck away as well. As expected, she couldn’t hope to match her lord with the techniques of her bloodline.

“Weiwei, you reached enlightenment into the principles of Wood and Water in these few days? Not only that, your existing comprehension of the basic principle of martial arts, ‘Hard-Soft’ was blended into the elemental laws of wood and water? Amazing!”

The contrasting truths of hardness and softness were the cornerstone of martial arts. The external strength of the physique and the internal strength of qi were the two strengths which martial artists relied on. Even cultivators of the Body-Mind Transformations aimed to unify these contrasting principles seamlessly to perfect their bodies and break through!

On the other hand, the twin laws of water and wood complemented each other. Water nurtures wood, this was a principle of the Five Elements and a true law of nature. These twin laws were certainly more profound than that of Hard-Soft!

Qinglan Weiwei had been training martial arts for more than two decades. Her perception was extraordinary, so she gained insight into ‘Hard-Soft’ long ago and perfected them over the years. She might have gained understanding of the Laws of Water and Wood due to her battle spirit, her martial arts or any other reason. But to fuse all these principles into one and use them in battle? Even monstrous geniuses wouldn’t be able to accomplish this!

On being praised by her young master, Qinglan Weiwei was joyous. “Young master, this isn’t the only thing I have accomplished! Brace yourself!” Suddenly, her breathing changed and she seemed to disappear as a misty fog appeared.

Heifeng Jiansui was surprised to see that even her footwork had incorporated the fused principles of Wood-Water and Hard-Soft. The feet were sometimes light like mist and sometimes heavy like a banyan tree. The spear strikes were flexible like water yet unyielding like a stubborn oak.

In terms of helping her cultivation, he could only supply her pills, forge equipment for her and set down formations for gathering energy and everything else would rely on her. But if it was comprehending laws… he could personally help her!

Heifeng Jiansui’s fingers suddenly changed, completely losing the swordlike intent and transforming into straight spears. His fingers fell like a mighty waterfall, converging the might of soft water until it could shatter even sturdy rocks! His feet fell like falling leaves, unpredictably dancing under the wind!

Even if Heifeng Jiansui showed off the utmost profoundness of the laws, the girl before him could not grasp it. So all he showed off were relevant to the understandings that she had gained, completely reversing them.

The water that you have been using flexibly to counter strength can be used to produce heavenly might! The wood that you have been using to inflexibly smash down can dance unpredictably as well!

After comprehending the sliver of a law, a cultivator would think that it was an immutable truth of the universe and further build on it! But the true laws were never limited in such ways! By challenging Qinglan Weiwei’s understanding, she would gain a perception that would analyze the laws down to the core, fixing any imperfections and mistakes after quickly noticing them, not being blocked by her dogmas assumed while comprehending them!

Both of them battled like this, with Heifeng Jiansui providing priceless guidance to Qinglan Weiwei. Finally when Qinglan Weiwei fell exhausted to the ground, the sparring session stopped.

“Young master, your methods are profound and without peer. I thought that simply comprehending the principles of wood and water from the heritage arts rendered me undefeatable, but your understanding was even greater… I thank you for disseminating the Dao to me!” Qinglan Weiwei never thought that her young master was so skilled. She was in the end a carp who had encountered good fortune and leapt through the Dragon Gate, but her master was a phoenix who danced through the heavens long before she fathomed that there was a sky above!

“Methods profound and without peer… Disseminating the Dao… Weiwei do you think this I am a thousand year old geezer or something? I simply used random wood and water-based techniques that I memorized on a whim. In truth, it is more praiseworthy for you to comprehend something from that random mishmash of techniques.” Even though Heifeng Jiansui said this, he felt joyous in his heart. What thousand year old geezer, this young master is a hundred thousand year old geezer!

“Young master, I thought that you prohibiting me from advancing to a true cultivator was for a profound reason. And today I understood why! With the understanding you have provided to me, I can turn the Law Intent and Bone Engravings even more profound! Once I do that…” Qinglan Weiwei was struck by excitement as today’s battle had made her path of cultivation even easier to tread!

“Weiwei, the Dao you are trying to comprehend is the Azure Dragon’s Water-Wood Nourishing Dao. If you plan to nurture it as your Daoheart, I know a spear technique that can help you comprehend a sliver of it as a mortal.” Hearing Heifeng Jiansui’s words, Qinglan Weiwei’s thoughts turned to a mess. Gaining insight into the Daoheart as a mortal was nearly impossible, something that happened by gaining fortuitous chance after fortuitous chance, something that could only happen to a true Son of Heaven.

And she, Qinglan Weiwei, a trash that could not cultivate even at the age of 21, could gain it? How was this possible?

Just then, she realized that her young master would be buying it for her. Something that could only be attained by a Son of Heaven, what price would her young master have to pay for it? “Young master, something like that is too precious. I…”

“Don’t worry, I’ll handle it. Since it is for nurturing you, even a high price is worth paying. Expect it in half a day or so.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui left, leaving Qinglan Weiwei in a daze.

A/N: Double size because yesterday's lack of chapter. Also, this story's first arc was supposed to end today... but it didn't.

Morvian likes this.
  13. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 26: Formation Spirit

After his spar with Qinglan Weiwei, he understood the essence of the techniques she was training in. Using this essence to create a spear technique for her that would unify the 8 layers of Body Transformation she had gained insight into and use the momentum to awaken the Daoheart wouldn’t be too difficult.

The only difficulty would be for Qinglan Weiwei who would be training this technique. While this technique was especially tailored for her, grasping it still required adequate talent, perseverance and a moment of enlightenment.

‘Let’s create this technique after that matter with the Longfei sisters.’ Thinking this, Heifeng Jiansui entered their bedroom. Having entered without saying a single word of warning or courtesy, unexpectedly an enticing scene was taking place––––

Two nude bodies were wrapped around each other, burying themselves into lust. Being twins, the two sisters had bodies that were in perfect likeliness of each other and had a invisible sense for each other, thus while performing a dual-cultivation technique, they were unexpectedly talented.

Soft moans emitted from their exquisite lips as they grinded their lower halves against each other and their hands grabbed at the other’s intimate parts. With amazing technique, the sisters simultaneously carried each other’s body to orgasm.

Seeing the performance of the two twins with voyeuristic eyes, Heifeng Jiansui felt desire well up from the depth of his body, even though he should be physically unable due to lack of the required hormones. He quelled the desire and watched while suppressing his presence, hiding in plain sight.

After some time, the exchange of fluids successfully created a path connecting the bodies of the two. Energy began circulating in a large circuit and their two bodies were purified with the essence of qi. The revolution of qi built up to gather into a vortex and the twins were only a step away from breakthrough. Cautiously, they stopped at this moment; Heifeng Jiansui’s instructions were clear.

They had purified themselves, exercised and cultivated as well. All preparations were complete. Longfei Yanyang sent a message to Heifeng Jiansui via the talisman that he had given her. Moments later, his figure seemed to appear from nowhere.

“Y-Young master, your movement technique is truly unfathomable. It seemed as if you appeared from nowhere!” Yanyang remarked this as Shanxue nodded. Heifeng Jiansui didn’t reveal that he had been hiding his presence, simply nodding.

Seeing the two girls blushing, still naked and wrapped around each other, he slyly spoke, “That Yin-Yuan Dragon-Phoenix Art is supposed to be profound and difficult to grasp, but you have successfully cultivated its foundation stage already. You could have easily broken through as a cultivator, but your foundations are still not good enough… Lets clear out your meridians, then.”

With a single step, he appeared before the girls and applied ointment to their bodies. Their bodies energy channels were still not disconnected, and this ointment would help sustain this connect. After applying a few more herbal concoctions and ointments on their bodies while massaging them, Heifeng Jiansui finally started his acupuncture treatment by pinning needles all over their bodies.

A numbing sensation flashed over their bodies along with the stench of a rotten fish as impurities were expelled from their meridians. At this point, Heifeng Jiansui cleared out the impurities by summoning water and wind. The twins’ bodies were now pure and untouched as the day that they had been born.

But this wasn’t the limit. “Well, I am going to give something precious to you. Obtaining this took a lot of my savings, so you’ll have to work extra hard in the future.” Saying this, two vials of blood appeared in Heifeng Jiansui’s hands, causing the twin sister’s hearts to beat furiously on sensing it.

Dragon and Phoenix blood! Heifeng Jiansui had used his allowance of Elemental Jades for the first time to buy dragon and phoenix blood from the Imperial Palace. He generously applied the blood on the bodies of the twins, melding them into their bloodlines.

Finally, twin shadows of Dragons and Phoenixes appeared over their bodies. The Phoenix soared to the sky, the dragon coiled under the earth. The two beasts released limitless energy, transforming the bodies of the twins and even affecting Heifeng Jiansui a bit!

After this, the twin shadows returned to the bodies of their possessors. The two girls went to sleep to relive their ancestral memories.

Heifeng Jiansui left the room after setting up a few formations so that their sleep would be long and undisturbed. After sternly warning everyone else to stay away from the room, Heifeng Jiansui left to meet the Formation Spirit.

+++

Right before the ruins of the Ninebless Phoenix Palace—the core of the grand formation, so strong that the remnant energy completely barred him from entering, Heifeng Jiansui held out his Phoenix Essence Talisman. A wave of energy shot out and the forcefield receded. Heifeng Jiansui walked into the ruins.

There was a forcefield covering the entire space, and the area where it was weakened was the place where the formation spirit was leading him. He finally reached a place in the middle of the ruins where a phantasmal woman with heterochromatic eyes of blue and red greeted him. The lock of her hair were blue and red as well, and she emitted the aura of fire and water as one.

“It’s been a long time since a true bearer of that talisman appeared before me. Many have come with that talisman but it was merely a trinket in their hands. I suppose you have arrived to wrest the treasures from the Sect’s ruins?” Her voice was accusatory.

“My name is Heifeng Jiansui, the Prince of the Black Phoenix Empire and I am the new master of this dominion.” Heifeng Jiansui did not hesitate to reveal his true identity. This would derail most of the spirit’s schemes, as offending the power that controlled this world was not an idea worth considering.

“Heifeng, what a nostalgic name… My Ninebless Phoenix Sect was a vassal of your Empire, but your sect unexpectedly allowed its destruction! How cold hearted!” Instead of taking a step back, the spirit instead began to accuse Heifeng Jiansui of his ancestral sins!

“Our Black Phoenix World was at war with the Divine Dragon World at that time and even the World Will was in danger! Members of the Royal Family died like insects and three concubines of the Emperor’s harem died as well! You sect was simply a casualty of the war!” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui looked at the formation spirit who surprisingly didn’t reply.

After a moment or so, she returned to the matter Heifeng Jiansui had come for. “…If you want treasures or resources, I can’t give you them for free –––––––“

Suddenly, Heifeng Jiansui interrupted her. “––––––If you want to keep the information on your location a secret, I can’t do it for free.”

Hearing this, the formation spirit scowled. “A mere mortal dares to be so arrogant?”

Waving her hand, she summoned ice and fire from thin air. The interplay of fiery hot wind and the icy cold air made Heifeng Jiansui’s blood freeze in anticipation of a attack.

But Heifeng Jiansui simply smiled as two talismans appeared in his hands. “You think I would do this if I didn’t have some capital?” Seeing this, the ice and fire disappeared and the beautiful spirit simply scowled at him.

“I will allow you to take all the treasures remaining in the ruins in exchange for your silence. Let us make a Heaven’s Eye Contract to acknowledge our agreement.” A Heaven’s Eye Contract was a contract that gave the burden of maintaining to the Heaven’s Will. If someone dared break it, he would face the Heaven’s wrath!

“The Heaven’s Eye contract needs the True Names of both parties written in blood to be effective. State yours, then.” Heifeng Jiansui asked the spirit with curiosity.

“In response to this, the Phoenix simply flicked her finger and a bloody, indecipherable signature was marked on the sheet. “Hmph, while True Names are a meaningless concept for your human race, do you think a spirit like me can give out her name easily? But for courtesy’s sake, you can call me Ninebless.”

Hearing this, Heifeng Jiansui was reminded of the Will of the Nineorigin Universe who named herself Nineorigin. It seemed that spirits and incarnations were alike in some factors.

After agreeing on some terms of the contract, it was finally changed to both of their satisfaction. Other than some resources which were necessary for keeping the grand formation up and running, all other remaining treasures within the ruins were given away to Heifeng Jiansui. After this, the formation spirit transmitted the location of the treasures and removed the forcefield barring Heifeng Jiansui.

After their agreement had been completed, Heifeng Jiansui quizzically glanced at the beauty in front of him. “…Well, I need to ask you something. Before we made the agreement of you giving away the resources for my secrecy, what were you going to demand for me?”

“…I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to tell you anyway. Some of the linchpins of my source formation have fallen apart and they may destabilize it. I wanted the help of a formations grandmaster to fix them. I was planning to get the help of a master from your Empire, but…” Saying this, she simply sighed.

“I might be able to help. Despite how I look, I am a Mortal Auxiliary Master. I can forge Spiritual and Half-Step Earth Rank items. Of course, there is also the problem of the resources needed to repair the items and the spirit veins I will have to tap into to gather the energy needed for repairing. Of course, I don’t intend to do this for free either…” With a sly smile, Heifeng Jiansui began speaking.

The formation spirit sighed once more as they both began to negotiate again.

Morvian likes this.
  14. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 27: Rebirth

“So, this here is the great library of the sect. You can move to the 3rd shelf from the right to get to the Ninebless Grand Formation Art’s manual.” The huge library was untouched for five centuries since the sect’s destruction. This place, while useless to Ninebless but it was a huge chance for him. He had five female maids so yin-attributed techniques would be useful in boosting them. But for now, he picked up the book about the Ninebless source formation. After flipping through it, he sighed.

“Well, I now understand the base of the formation. But ascertaining the damage on the formation without checking it myself will be difficult. And as for circling this entire island with my mortal physique…” Heifeng Jiansui exaggeratedly shook his head.

In response, Ninebless came before him. “I will let you use my spiritual sense to cover the entire island and check the formations.” Saying this, the ghostly beauty hugged the young prince. His mind’s eye seemed to expand until it covered the entire island by itself.

Without showing surprise, Heifeng Jiansui immediately began scanning the formation linchpins and core, as well as seeing the influence of the formation on the land. Heifeng Jiansui couldn’t help his surprise at this; the original Ninebless formation was a defensive array that encompassed the island which could defend the sect by barriers and command the beasts to attack invaders. However, the formation covering the island had lost the defensive aspects to concentrate everything on the beast controlling aspects!

The beast control and breeding was comparable to a supreme beast-taming sect; all beasts had some amount of phoenix and dragon blood fused into them. Not only that, the formation controlled the beasts to relentlessly breed to spread out the bloodline and slaughter each other and steal blood essence to concentrate it. Genius mutated beasts were controlled and allowed to gain strength to multiply the quantity and quality of the bloodline!

This was a genius scheme to multiply the blood essence by beast breeding! The capital was of course the blood essence drawn from the dead phoenix sect disciples and dragon bloodline invaders!

“The bloodlines of the beasts are spread out too far. You will have to initiate a massacre in at least 4 years before the bloodlines become decrepit due to inbreeding…” As Heifeng Jiansui said this, Ninebless nodded.

“Having detected the defects in the formation array, can you fix the formation?” Hearing the beauty’s question, Heifeng Jiansui sighed.

“Your goal is setting up the Blood Swallowing Nine Rivers to swallow and purify all the blood essence and gather them in these ruins, right? If it were the original Ninebless formation, it would be quite easy. But due to your awakening as a spirit, the current Ninebless Formation is simply impossible to compare with the formation recorded in the manuals. Can you give me a solid account of the step-by-step changes in the array? It will be easier for me, then.”

“…These changes actually occurred due to my direct control of the formation, it is impossible to record the indirect changes that have occurred. Is there truly no way to set up the Blood Swallowing Nine Rivers?” Hearing Ninebless’s plea, Heifeng Jiansui shook his head.

“I will have to completely replace the original Ninebless Formation with a formation completely used for harvesting blood energy. I possess the diagram for a 999 Phoenix Nirvanic Dominion with a Blood Stream Vortex Formation specialized for harvesting phoenix blood, so if I set up the core as this ruin, harvesting the blood energy will be quite smooth. It requires Quasi-Earth Rank equipment at the least, but even so, doing it within 4 years will be manageable. Of course, the 999 Phoenix Nirvanic Dominion doesn’t have beast controlling abilities, so setting up a frenzy among them will be…” Heifeng Jiansui explained with a regretful expression.

Hearing Heifeng Jiansui’s explanation, Ninebless nodded. “If it’s simply setting up a frenzy, I can do that. The 999 Phoenix Nirvanic Dominion you speak of… I have records of its might and difficulty, but I’ll believe in you. For now, just state the materials you need and I’ll gather them from the island. Phoenix formations were the specialty of our sect, after all.” Saying this, Ninebless looked incomparably refreshed.

“After condensing into a spirit, your next goal is condensing a fleshy body for yourself so that you can embark on the path of cultivation… even going to the extent of cold heartedly abandoning your source formation. … Ninebless, you are pretty interesting.” Even though Heifeng Jiansui said this, the girl was expressionless.

+++

“This here is the map of Spirit Springs formed on the island. You can use them as you please. Also, I will be accompanying you for protection.” Ninebless said this with a emotionless tone.

“Oh, we have only met each other for one day, but you already want to protect me? Looks like my ladykilling skills have gotten even better! You can stay beside my as long as you want, throughout the day and night, even as centuries pass… I don’t mind at all!” While Heifeng Jiansui was simply joking, he didn’t expect her to actually get flustered for a moment before quickly fixing her expression.

Unfortunately, she didn’t say anything and simply followed him. They finally made their way to a small spirit spring hidden within a cave shut out by a boulder. Seeing the qi that was formless and invisible gather into a tangible spring was an amazing sight that would awe novice cultivators, but Heifeng Jiansui didn’t care.

He immediately took out forging equipment that he had secured from the Ninebless Phoenix Sect and began setting it up. The spirit spring was covered with a simple yet powerful spirit converging formation to gather and disperse energy. After that, the two of them began to transform the cave into a advanced forge.

“Successor of Heifeng, the air vents are done!” Hearing Ninebless’ unique form of address, the young prince smiled before indicating his satisfaction.

“All done! Now let’s begin! 900 1-Star Quasi-Earth Rank Phoenix Nirvana Totems to go!” With an excited grin, Heifeng Jiansui began forging his first Quasi-Earth item.

+++

“Damn it, 3 failures and one totem in one day. This wild spiritual energy is really infuriating, having a cultivator transfer his energy would be so much better!” Heifeng Jiansui was complaining, his earlier excitement all drained away.

“Your work was nevertheless praiseworthy. This totem is quite something…” The formation spirit was eyeing the totem pole with the countless minute runes engraved on it. Forging 899 more of them would be a daunting task, but she was sure the boy beside her would be up to it.

“Let’s do the grind again tomorrow. I am going home for dinner now, take care.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui put away the pillar in his spatial ring before running away. The formation spirit only stared at his back for a moment before going on her own path.

+++

In the mobile estate, a figure slipped inside secretly. After changing out of his sweaty clothes and taking a bath, Heifeng Jiansui looked presentable once again.

In the dinner room, five out of six seats were filled and dinner was served, but the no one moved. The moment Heifeng Jiansui sat down and took a bite of his dinner, his maids paid respect to him and began eating as well.

It seemed that the girls had been training hard, as all of them were full of appetite. Just then, Heifeng Jiansui saw Qinglan Weiwei’s figure swallowing food nonstop and remembered that he had yet to create that technique for her.

‘Well, she hasn’t brought it up, so I’ll let it pass too.’ Thinking like this, Heifeng Jiansui promised himself to create the technique for her as soon as possible and began eating in earnest as well.

A/N- Two today!

Morvian, Avald and Pokebailey Joker like this.
  15. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 28: Azure Dragon Spear

Even after spending the whole day forging Quasi-Earth items, Heifeng Jiansui did not feel the urge to sleep. From the beginning, due to his bloodline, the need for sleep and rest as quite low and after awakening his battle spirit, the desire to rest dropped lower. After all his training, he could operate at peak condition for a week before needing to sleep.

Heifeng Jiansui was continuously striking out with his fingers. An azure-green light flashed, melding water and wood to strike together. Fast, slight strikes, strong, piercing strikes, strikes designed to block, strikes containing ruinous might, strikes to seal acupoints… And all the strikes were filled with spear intent. The current Heifeng Jiansui was like a god of the spear, all traces of his sword cultivation were nonexistent!

While striking out, Heifeng Jiansui was using self-hypnotization to perfectly recollect the battle with the Five Sacred Demon Immortals.

In Heifeng Jiansui’s previous life, he rose to the apex of cultivation without any sort of backing. While he had the legacy of a Perpetual Sovereign, it was incomplete so he ended up being bullied by young masters of affluent sects. Never one to take a loss, Heifeng Jiansui usually ended up killing them, wiping out traces of his crimes and fleeing far away.

The battle with the Five Sacred Demon Immortal Sect was the last time this happened, as Heifeng Jiansui slaughtered these peak Dao Protectors of this Immortal grade Sect, stole their sacred manuals and treasures and even kidnapped their top female cultivators! A single cultivator destroyed a million year old legacy, striking fear and awe in the hearts of the world of cultivation!

“Those guys were Godbeasts with the perfect bloodline of their ancestors, even inheriting their ancient Dao… Even though they had weaker cultivation that me of that time, their five elemental formation that fused together their qi, essence and spirit together along with the divine abilities of their bloodlines coming together was enough to overwhelm me. Even though I slaughtered them while keeping their bodies largely untouched and transferred their bloodlines to myself and even though the transmission was perfect, I could use less than 10% or their combined power. Even after reading through their entire scripture palace, I didn’t find a method. I even violated those female disciples, but…” Remembering his gambit to steal a bloodline, Heifeng Jiansui fell into thought.

“Nevertheless, I still comprehended the entirety of their cultivation arts and even boosted the power level to 30% while understanding where I fell short. The truth is, even with peak bloodlines, a cultivator needs a divine beast body with innate Daoscripts to show their complete might. After piecing together and combining clues from the scriptures of the sect, I created a technique to create innate Daoscripts on the body. I killed four more Godbeasts of wind, thunder, darkness and light elements, fused their bloodlines within myself, caused a Heavenly Tribulation to fall, and gained a divine beast body that was the first and the only in the world, the Nineprime Divine Body!” This incident allowed him to comprehend the Nine Supreme Dao and use them as the supporting pillars for his Sword Dao!

With all his preparations to cast his mortal body into a divine body, Heifeng Jiansui reached the apex of understanding bloodlines. Having clashed with a true Azure Dragon and even killing and snatching his bloodline, Heifeng Jiansui could certainly create a technique for Qinglan Weiwei to become an Azure Dragon as well.

“The most important thing is the Body Transformation realm. Since this is something that never existed in my past life, I have to tread carefully. But one thing is sure, this cultivation realm is created by Nineorigin’s desire for the strength of the world’s cultivators to rapidly rise!” The World Will Nineorigin had gained sapience due to Heifeng Jiansui’s sacrifice. While recreating the world, she even destroyed and recreated the cultivation realms along with the Dao.

This was undoubtedly useful, as cultivators of this era inherited some or the other kind of bloodline from their ancestors. These bloodlines acted as foundations for casting divine bodies, and these stronger cultivators would breed together to form children with higher baselines.

“If someone wanted to inherit the body of a Godbeast like this, it would take nearly a hundred eras of careful breeding for a body to appear by luck, but if it is me, I can certainly guide Qinglan Weiwei to become a true Azure Dragon!” This wasn’t restricted to only her. He would certainly guide his maids to become fearsome Godbeasts whose might would shake the era!

The laws that the Azure Dragon was born with was completely seen through by Heifeng Jiansui. The essence of the techniques granted by Qinglan Weiwei’s bloodline was also seen through by his godly perception. So, all he needed to do was draw out their advantages, suppress their disapdvantages and create a peerless technique for Qinglan Weiwei!

Heifeng Jiansui suddenly gained an insight and completed the technique within his heart. And now cam e the process of writing it down.

From his spatial ring, a large amount of strange items came out. Dragonwhisker brush, Dragonskin paper, solidified blood of an Azure Dragon, the gallstone of a Azure Dragonsnake… All these items were purchased by Heifeng Jiansui from the mission plaza.

Creating techniques was easy for Heifeng Jiansui, so the biggest problem was transmitting them without loss. While jade slips were an easy answer, it was difficult to transfer Dao laws via it. Thus, he had to write them down in scripture form.

Using the solidified blood as a inkstick, Heifeng Jiansui steadily grinded it to create a blue ink. After filling up a small bottle’s worth of it, Heifeng Jiansui dipped the Dragonwhisker brush into it and began writing with beautiful strokes of calligraphy on the Dragonskin paper.

A cultivation technique has many components. The energy circulation points, physical movements, mental state, required equipment, Dao laws… To communicate everything perfectly, Heifeng Jiansui altered his strokes. Some strokes seemed lazily indolent, some seemed high strung… All these were to communicate the state of mind while performing the technique.

After penning the energy circulation diagrams, it came the time for the mental chants and mantras. And after that came the circulation path of energy and breathing technique. Next, it was time for the physical movements. The next part was the spear technique. All this came together in the final part, completing the technique.

Azure Dragon Spear. This was the name of the technique Heifeng Jiansui had tailored for his maid. Simple yet profound.

After completing the technique, Heifeng Jiansui calmly performed his breathing technique while letting the ink dry. When dawn arose, he put away the manual in a delivery flying sword and sent it to Qinglan Weiwei surreptitiously.

+++

Qinglan Weiwei was not a heavy sleeper. So the sound of the falling scroll swiftly woke her up. Clearheaded, she immediately pointed out the object that woke her from her sleep. Turning on the lights, she looked at the scroll that had fallen.

“As young master said, a manual indeed arrived. I wonder what kind of technique can allow a person to gain insight into the Dao as a mortal?” The moment she touched the scroll, a shiver went through her body. The paper was made of dragonskin!

Opening the manual, her eyes were mesmerized by the strokes that had hints of Dao under them and the dragonblood they were formed from. Seeing the clear, succinct description, she resisted the urge to begin training the technique and turned the page to read more.

Every moment she read the manual, she was reminded more and more of how precious this manual was. The Five Sacred Beast Sect would do all it could to get their hands on this art. This technique was not consisting of vague ramblings that one person might comprehend and breakthrough, it was written so that all readers may understand and comprehend!

Diligently, she comprehended the outer words and the innate Dao behind them. This wasn’t an opportunity she gained by her own merits, but something that was Heifeng Jiansui’s investment so that she would be a worthy protector. So, she had to live up to his expectations.

After diligently going through the manual thrice over, it was time to practice.

That morning, only the sound of a spear thrusting could be heard in the quiet room.

Morvian and Avald like this.
  16. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 29: S+ Rank Missions

As always, the day began with the master of the house having breakfast with his five maids. However, instead of quiet eating, a small uproar was taking place.

“Weiwei, I heard the sound of roars coming from your room at dawn. Were you cultivating your battle spirit?”

“I heard the sound of a spear thrust… Is it a technique you are training?”

“Creating a technique combining the battle spirit and the physique… Weiwei is too much of a genius!”

At the lively chatter going on, Qinglan Weiwei glanced at Heifeng Jiansui as if to ask, “What do I do?” In response, he simply nodded.

“The young master granted me a technique! I was so excited that I began practicing that dawn.” Hearing Weiwei’s embarrassed voice, the commotion increased. Finally, Heifeng Jiansui spoke up.

“Due to the fact that Weiwei is cooking for us everyday along with the fact that I am barring her from breaking through, I thought that I might as well give her a technique to train in. As for you all, first master the martial arts I have granted you.” After saying this, the commotion ended. In the end, Qinglan Weiwei was the only one to have mastered her martial art.

Of course, the attention of the group now rested on the Longfei sisters, the ones who had been dual training in top tier martial arts since childhood. After mastering their arts, would they be the ones to gain new techniques from their master?

After that breakfast, Heifeng Jiansui asked the designated cook, Qinglan Weiwei to make 15 portions for him. He was going into seclusion for 5 days.

+++

“Weiwei, the manual arrived at the correct time, but I ended up reading it and became enthralled with it. So I sent it to you after holding it for a few hours. You don’t mind, right?” In truth, that manual had been written down in the span of the night. Heifeng Jiansui was simply providing explanation for delay.

At this time, Qinglan Weiwei immediately took the manual of her spatial ring and thrust it at him. “Young master’s needs are greater than mine. Please use this manual for as long as you want.”

Heifeng Jiansui returned the manual to the girl while quipping, “I am simply dabbling with it, anyway. It isn’t like I am serious or something. Anyway, I comprehended some aspects of it. Want to spar?” At Heifeng Jiansui’s invitation, Weiwei eagerly nodded.

After arriving at the Training Hall, both of them equipped their weapons and attacked. Heifeng Jiansui was wielding a spear that was an exact copy of her, striking at and parrying her blows.

Qinglan Weiwei was quickly caught up on the defensive side. While Heifeng Jiansui had lesser skill with the spear, his understanding of the technique and his great battle skill allowed him the offensive. Blue and green spearlight had already surrounded her from all sides and it would only be a matter of time before she was overwhelmed.

But Heifeng Jiansui kept her on the tenterhooks, not finishing the battle. She desperately parried strikes after strikes, until a sudden resonance with the technique and her bloodline formed pushing Heifeng Jiansui away. Struck by a sudden frenzy, she continued to strike at her master who kept on parrying her.

Finally, her endurance lost out as before. Collapsing in exhaustion, she silently paced her breath. “Young master, you are too strong.” Within her heart, she knew that surpassing her master would be impossible for her.

“Well, you had a chance to win, but you blew it when you descended into that frenzy.” At Heifeng Jiansui’s words, she felt a bit embarrassed. Descending into a frenzy like that, she wanted to apologize but she ended up reprimanded for not being able to make full use of that strength.

“That spear technique converges power of the 8 layers to break open the 9th layer. You converged the power of your physique and dantian together and added the power of the battle spirit as well, but ended up entering a frenzied state due to the impact on your spirit. Pay attention, a power that you cannot control is not one you can lightly use.” Leaving these parting words, Heifeng Jiansui left.

+++

“I thought you would be churning out those pillars, but you have been forging weapons…” As expected, the formation spirit was imploring him to work on the pillars.

“You do know that if I recklessly keep on churning those pillars at the rate of 1/4, we will end up burning through your resources? After that forget about the 2-star and 3-star pillars, we will have to stall until you get more resources. Since you already owe me a favor since I am only making you pay by the resources from the island, I won’t contribute even a penny for buying resources.” At Heifeng Jiansui’s words, the formation spirit scoffed but shut up.

Like this, under the guise of ‘gaining experience’, Heifeng Jiansui completed the 10 S+ Rank missions given by the Sect.

This was the first time that the excess materials in lieu for failure were actually being used by him. Heifeng Jiansui was using all the techniques he had to forge, but he was currently unable to reduce failure to zero.

But Heifeng Jiansui wasn’t disheartened by that. Instead, he was rejoicing at the challenge.

Morning and afternoon passed by until it was night. Heifeng Jiansui ate the food prepared by Weiwei and kept on his work. At certain points, it was efficient to take rest but at other points, unrelentingly training was the better path.

Thus, day after day passed as Heifeng Jiansui used various techniques to forge, unrelentingly improving his technique. At the end of three days, the missions given by the Mission Palace of the sect were complete. Heifeng Jiansui sent away the completed equipment with the flying sword.

“Well, you can now start with the pillars…” Just as Ninebless said this, she found herself facing a sleeping figure. Heifeng Jiansui slept for the first time in three days.

+++

Heifeng Jiansui’s pleasant sleep was interrupted by a high pitched trill. “Ah, I didn’t even sleep for that long…” Yawning like that, he looked around for the culprit Ninebless, but she seemed to have disappeared. Instead, there was a flying sword in front of him.

It held a note from Elder Shenhai. [Congratulations on becoming a refiner who can forge Quasi-Earth Rank equipment. This is a private request from me. Can you refine the Ninelives Swordriver Array? While I won’t provide merit points for you, I have received a quite powerful forging technique. I will send you the complete technique on completion.]

Attached to it was the forging procedure for the Ninelives Swordriver Array and the required materials for forging. It didn’t seem to be that hard to refine, with the only complication being the nine water-elemental swords that formed the array, each one requiring a different style of forging.

More interesting was the abridged version of the forging technique. It was the Ice-Fire Divine Forging Art, the incomplete technique that formed the core of his personal forging art. If he actually found its complete version, his forging prowess would definitely increase by leaps and bounds.

17. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 30: Eight Trigrams of the World

“Ninebless, I have received a really important mission, so the pillars are on hold until I complete it. Rest assured, as long as I complete it, the reward will cause my forging prowess to rise by leaps and bounds!” Hearing Heifeng Jiansui’s conciliatory words, Ninebless simply sneered.

Without paying attention to the displeased spirit, Heifeng Jiansui saw that along with the forging technique and formation technique, there was an Eight Trigram sword technique as well. After reading through the manual, Heifeng Jiansui realized what Elder Shenhai wanted him to forge.

“In reality, this is actually a sword skeleton that joins eight different swords as ‘bones’ and the main sword as the ‘spine’, unifying them to form a sum greater than the whole, the Consummated Heaven sword!”

“The main sword acts as the ‘World’, vast but incomplete. The eight swords are the Eight Trigrams- Heaven, Earth, Fire, Water, Wind, Thunder, Mountain and Lake, forming the factors that all life to exist and the world to be completed.” Marveling at the technique that would allow a set of Quasi-Earth Rank weapon to equal a true Rarth Rank weapon, Heifeng Jiansui also tried to comprehend the mystery of the World inherent in it.

“Eight Trigrams, huh? Isn’t that a divination technique? Our scripture library is chockfull with those books, take a look if you care.” Ninebless said this offhandedly, but Heifeng Jiansui’s eager expression went unnoticed by her.

“Your Sect Scripture Library has a section that deals with divinations including Eight Trigrams? I thought your sect specialized in phoenix techniques like ice and fire mysteries.”

“It was more of the Matriarch’s interest, I suppose. She suddenly began gathering these types of manuals. Wuji Births Taiji, Yin-Yang Births Five Elements, Eight Trigrams Births 64 Hexagrams, Heavenly Stems-Earthly Branches, Three Wonders and Six Detachments of the Nine Stars… I have tried to read through some of the books, but they are too complicated. The only thing I understood that wishing to predict the heaven’s will shall bring forth heavenly tribulation… I am sure that’s how the sect ended up destroyed.” Hearing the vitriol-filled rant from Ninebless, Heifeng Jiansui almost forgot about something that Ninebless had mistakenly revealed…

…How could a spirit that had materialised due to the sect’s destruction know the Sect’s Matriarch enough to hate her? It was possible that this was due to blaming the sect’s destruction on her, but if not…

+++

In any case, Heifeng Jiansui decided that reading the Sect Scripture Library was of higher importance than forging.

With Ninelotus accompanying him, he began reading through the entirety of the library, all the while checking through for hidden spaces and secrets. As expected, most of the books were unrelated to Divination, but Heifeng Jiansui had a nice haul anyway.

Phoenix cultivation arts, something that were hard to find even in the Ten Thousand Sword Sect’s archives, were everywhere! Heifeng Jiansui concentrated on memorizing them for the time being, after which he would read through the arts at his leisure inside his mental sanctuary.

Heifeng Jiansui realized that he was mistaken on some information he never expected to be corrected about: the types of Phoenixes. While he had he had assumed there to be only three types: Fire Phoenix, Ice Phoenix and Black Phoenix, there were three more: Gale Phoenix, Lightning Phoenix and White Phoenix.

All phoenixes held the power to manipulate fire and were able to control wind to some extent, so the existence of a Gale Phoenix was natural.

The Lightning Phoenix was a mutation formed where a phoenix cultivated in particularly powerful lightning arts and allowed it to seep into his bloodline. Even though the first such mutation was quite powerful, but he didn’t pass on his bloodline. After various experiments, it was noticed that infusing a cultivator with various lightning beast bloodlines and dominating them and fusing them with the phoenix bloodline would create a shallow bloodline to pass on. A clan was created after these experiments were perfected, allowing an actual heritage and ancestral arts to be passed down to the descendants.

The White Phoenix carried light-elemental bloodlines and were new to this era. It seemed that their primogenitor was a Divine Beast formed during the Chaosworld’s rebirth. Their descendents were more than the Black Phoenix Empire, primarily due to not having a rule where inheritors of the bloodline would battle to death before coming of age.

“So, the phoenix bloodlines are separated into Fire, Water, Darkness, Wind, Thunder and Light elements. Thus, phoenixes are not born from the Wood, Earth and Metal elements… How strange, they are half of the five elements after all. Since the sacred numeral of the Phoenix Clan is 9, I wonder what the creation of these three elemental phoenixes will mean…” Heifeng Jiansui’s mind delved into countless speculations.

All the Phoenix Clans were allied together and tied to the Five Sacred Beast Sect in minor ways as well. All the Phoenix Clans controlled a Great World by themselves while jointly ruling the Fire Supreme World. Of course, other Flame Sacred Beast bloodlines, like the Vermilion Bird, Golden Crow and the Fire Bird were permitted residence in the Fire Supreme World, but the power controlling the World were the Phoenix Races!

Unexpectedly, dragons, the beasts most associated with fire, did not occupy an inch of the Supreme World. The entirety of the race captured the Wind Supreme World for themselves.

“Despite what the book says, the majority of the Black Phoenix bloodline is located in the Fire Supreme World. After I become the Crown Prince, I will have to visit that place and meet the descendants of the Black Phoenix bloodline…” Heifeng Jiansui thought this with an anticipatory smile.

“Hey, how long are you going to stare off into space like that? We haven’t even made it the Matriarch’s room.” Ninebless couldn’t help but scowl at Heifeng Jiansui’s dazed expression.

Hearing the bell-like voice of the spirit, Heifeng Jiansui awakened from his daze. “Let me just look through all these books. After that, we will go look at the Matriarch’s collection.”

Heifeng Jiansui hurriedly scrambled towards the manuals while Ninebless looked on with an infuriarated expression.

+++

“…You actually read through all those manuals. While it took a relatively short amount of time due to that battle spirit reading technique of yours, most of what you’ve memorized is repetitive information. After such a futile endeavor, you are still going to memorize more books with a smile?”, Ninebless said this with a cold voice.

“The information I did obtain was worth it. For example, one of the few Black Phoenix arts I found, ‘Inverted Phoenix Devouring Art’… Your sect created an entire technique to capture and seize the bloodline of a Black Phoenix cultivator… Too ruthless. I will have to watch my back when you gain a fleshly body, a shameless woman like you might even make a move on a 2 year old kid.” Heifeng Jiansui made a mock shudder as the face of the spirit paled in embarrassment.

“Hiding behind a bone concealing art, pretending to be two year old… I wonder what your true age is.” Ninebless was clear that Heifeng Jiansui couldn’t be 2 year old. She thought that Heifeng Jiansui’s bone age being hidden was the side effect of a peerless mortal technique, an art that slowed the aging of his root bones, a rare art which would preserve his talent even as he aged!

Heifeng Jiansui didn’t care about Ninebless’ misconception. In reality, he had gained many harvests from the sect library. Now, as followed the spirit to the Matriarch’s private room, he thought about the divination arts.

“The divination arts focus on understanding Heaven and Earth to comprehend their wills. Thus, divination majorly focuses on the Dao of the World. To create my cultivation art, I might have to depend on the Matriarch’s collection…” Heifeng Jiansui thought about this as he followed Ninebless to the Matriarch’s residence.

The essences of the formations sealing the place were already swallowed by Ninebless. Thus, the duo encountered no obstructions on their path.

When he saw the jade pillars and the golden door, Heifeng Jiansui determined that the Matriarch was an extravagant woman. Heifeng Jiansui watched Ninebless flick her fingers in a single seal, making the door part like a saint parting the seas.

“This is actually my first time opening this door. Since I am a spirit, I usually end up ghosting through this door…” Saying this, the spirit opened up the door for Heifeng Jiansui.

The moment the door opened, Heifeng Jiansui saw a exquisitely decorated room, but his attention was captured by the aura of a small world. Without paying attention to Ninebless’ words, he immediately walked up to a safe and opened it up.

Inside were many shining treasures, but the most precious among them was an unassumingly simple seed.

“What is a World Seed doing in this sect’s possession?” Heifeng Jiansui was struck by this question as he watched the treasure that emitted an insuppressible attraction to him.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  18. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Morvian likes this.
  19. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 31: World Seed

A World Seed was something that might form after the destruction of a minor world. It was the condensed form of the Dao and Laws that gathered in the world during the years it existed. Due to being the condensed form of numerous laws, it was a treasure lusted after by many cultivators. But of course, Heifeng Jiansui would not consume this seed simply to comprehend the minor laws gathered in it.

A World Seed could eventually form a World Tree, a pillar for a world to build on! While Heifeng Jiansui had formed a chaoseed within himself, it was far away from a world due to its inability to sustain life. But if Heifeng Jiansui planted this seed within it, the world would slowly evolve into a true world capable of sustaining life.

Of course, ‘slowly’ meant hundreds of thousand years at the least for a lifeform capable of cultivation be born. However, if Heifeng Jiansui formed a cultivation art capable with the Dao of the World as the foundation, the required amount of time would drastically lessen!

The World Seed had been sealed with some bindings to mask its aura. Heifeng Jiansui finding it anyway was due to his understand of pure World energy. Now, he had to find a way to keep it away from Ninebless’s eyes…

“Oh, are you interested in the World Seed?” At the exact moment, the voice of the formation spirit resounded behind him.

Ninebless’ voice was pleasant as always, but she was clearly scheming to extract benefits from Heifeng Jiansui in exchange. “Oh, you don’t have to be so defensive. That seed is useless to me, you can keep it if you want. However—”

Heifeng Jiansui suddenly interrupted her speech. “You are a formation spirit, an existence born from the Dao, thus you have high compatibility with that Seed. Why hand it over without qualm?”

“Formation Spirits are born from Dao, thus the type of Dao is also important for us. If it were a World Seed containing Fire, Ice or heaven-forbid, Rebirth laws, I would have wasted no time in consuming it. But it is actually a seed containing ‘Evergreen Perennial’ Wood laws. It is utterly useless to me, so you might as well take it.” Hearing Ninebless’ explanation, Heifeng Jiansui understood everything.

“So what do you want in exchange? I need this World Seed.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui looked at the Formation Spirit.

Ninebless thought for a moment and said, “While I would like you to concentrate on forging the Phoenix Formation pillars, the whole process in going to take years so we might as well increase your proficiency at the earliest. As for something else… well, can you give me nine drops of your blood essence?”

Hearing her words, Heifeng Jiansui decisively shook his head. “The only reason I will hand over this much blood is for a Magical Beast Contract… Well, some of the treasures here have Fire Phoenix blood essence, so I can extract it for you. We could probably squeeze out 9 drops or more if we are lucky.” A Magical Beast was a Beast cultivator who bound his soul into a submissive contract with a human cultivator. This ability of forming contracts could be said to be a bloodline ability of the human race; no beast with could use this technique without some human bloodline.

“So be it… As expected, this much blood essence is hard to part from. As for becoming a contracted Magical Beast, let’s think about it after I refine a fleshly body.” Ninebless said this with a ponderous expression.

“I am surprised you are actually considering it.” Heifeng Jiansui was truly surprised by her words.

“You are a Phoenix cultivator with an illustrious heritage, have supreme talent and luck and can supply resources for my growth. I don’t find you particularly hateful, you are easy to talk to and do not seem like a person who will oppress me with the Contract Seal… If the fleshly body I form allows for a contract, my first choice will definitely be you!” Hearing her words, Heifeng Jiansui felt his heart warm a bit as well as some guilt.

While he had been scheming against her from the beginning, she had unknowingly granted such huge trust to him! Heifeng Jiansui calmly replied, “Well, I would certainly like having a Magical Beast like you as well.”

+++

After this, Heifeng Jiansui began reading the Matriarch’s collection. The entire collection spanned six bookshelves, so Heifeng Jiansui finished the task in six hours. He would usually take lesser time, but the manuals were filled with Dao Engravings in their strokes so Heifeng Jiansui had to carefully copy them down.

Seeing Heifeng Jiansui flip through his final book, Ninebless was overjoyed. “Are you done now? Let’s get on with your forging already!”

“You don’t have to be so excited… Also, here is a book for you.” Heifeng Jiansui took out a book from the shelf and tossed it to Ninebless.

“’A Record of the Phoenixrune Barbarian Tribal Arts’… These techniques are barbarian arts that begin with cutting runes over the body with knives! What do I do with this?” Ninebless sounded as if Heifeng Jiansui played a joke on her.

“Flip to the 16th page, concentrate your eyes on the diagram and start chanting.” Hearing Heifeng Jiansui’s instructions, he decided to humor him and obeyed. For five minutes, the soothing voice of a spirit reciting an incomprehensible but distinct chant could be heard. After this, Ninebless had a amazed expression on her face.

“My spirit… this is a soul cultivation art that can even be used by spirits!” She had searched for such arts for 500 years and only found some low-grade technique which she mastered anyway. But this boy… On his first visit over, he accurately picked out a peak-level art for her!

“Their entire technique’s beginning involves casting spiritual pathways on the body. Those barbarians probably chanced on a cultivation art for spirits and modified it for their use.” As Heifeng Jiansui explained this, Ninebless’ face brightened. Of course, a cultivation technique designed for spirits would definitely suit her!

+++

After this, both of them went to the forging corridors near the Spirit Spring he had chosen as their base. Ninebless sat down and began chanting while focusing on the drawings on her manual.

As for Heifeng Jiansui, he sat down and mentally entered a vast library. After receiving a peak mental cultivation art from Ganwu Aina, he modified his ‘Boundless Scriptures Seeking Dao’ into a greater art, fusing it with his self-created battle spirit soul attack art. The library had widened in size and scope, and sword auras shone everywhere.

In this library, time would pass slower than reality. Thus, this was the ideal space to comprehend books and manuals.

After picking out quite a few manuals on the Eight Bagua along with the Ninebless Sect’s forging arts, he began reading through them. For forging that sword formation, he needed to build up a good foundation.

+++

Heifeng Jiansui gained some insights while reading the manuals. Perhaps due to this or some accompanying good fortune, no failures occurred while forging the swords.

Thus, the ‘Heaven and Earth’ swords were forged in a day. The ‘Fire and Water’ swords required another. The ‘Wind and Thunder’ swords took the third day. And the ‘Mountain and Lake’ swords were done the final day.

After sending away his completed works, Heifeng Jiansui lost all desire to forge and simply spent time reading through various interesting fictions in his mental library. However, he didn’t get to enjoy this rest for long.

The rewards for successfully completing the mission, the complete top-grade Earth-Rank forging technique, the Ice-Fire Divine Forging Art arrived a few hours later.

Morvian likes this.
  20. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 32: Skytemper

After Heifeng Jiansui received the message from his Sword Talisman, he immediately hightailed it to the mobile manor. Outside, the five maids were furiously training their battle formation. After all, tomorrow would be the day that they would embark on their first hunt!

After sneaking inside the manor, he immediately picked up the messenger sword carrying the rewards for his mission. Along with a few pills, manuals and rare materials that he had requested, the most important reward was the Ice-Fire Divine Forging Art manual!

Heifeng Jiansui immediately began reading the book from the beginning. From the start where Common Rank items were being forged, to Mortal, Spiritual, Quasi-Earth and True Earth Rank items, Heifeng Jiansui read the manual from start to finish!

The manual he had obtained was incomplete without even the Dao Engravings, so he realized quite a few mistakes and difficulties he made while interpreting the manual. From the beginning to the end, the manual was concise and complete, forming a new system of forging! Not only that, but training in it would actually help refine the bloodline density!

Back then, Heifeng Jiansui tried many techniques from the incomplete manual to raise his bloodline density, but it was completely useless. But now, he found out that it wasn’t a lie, this technique was actually capable of boosting bloodlines!

“This technique requires Ice and Fire to come together, spirit and body to act in accordance, causing them both to burst forth with vigor. It is quite similar to a dual-cultivation art in that way. Thus, if I have Ninebless to help me control the Ice, she gain increments to her spirit and soul, while I controlling fire, would have my physique and bloodline refined. It doesn’t even conflict with the spirit cultivation art I gave her earlier and even complements it! She definitely won’t refuse.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui read through the rest of the manual before going through it again.

The final page of the manual was signed by a ‘Skytemper’. This would be the pen-name of a famous refiner. Heifeng Jiansui entered his mental library for a moment to remember a vague memory about the man.

“Skytemper was the greatest auxiliary master of the new era. He was the first to refine a Heaven Rank weapon, and his auxiliary techniques reigned supreme for a million years. However, he reached a bottleneck in cultivation and never broke through. On his deathbed, not wanting his legacy to be lost, he bound all his memories and techniques into an inheritance.” The man had died three years before Heifeng Jiansui’s death! He was a true talent, and his legacy would be hard for any successor to carry on!

‘If I get the chance, I should try to pursue that legacy.’ However, all information about that legacy was restricted to his disciples. Since one of his disciples was a Phoenix cultivator in the Fire Supreme World, Heifeng Jiansui decided to pursue that lead after he became the official crown prince.

After finishing the manual, Heifeng Jiansui sent back the messenger sword and returned to the Spirit Spring which were his temporary forging quarters.

It was time for the 500 year old spirit to learn new tricks!

+++

“…Heh, we finally made one low-grade Common Rank blade together. It seems like teaching old dogs new tricks isn’t impossible.” Heifeng Jiansui smiled at Ninebless’ outraged expression.

“Who are you calling an old dog?! I am only 500 years old! And I made significant progress! Learning forging is too difficult!” At the old spirit’s complaints, Heifeng Jiansui simply laughed.

“Haha, this two year old before you is Mortal Auxiliary Master, how hard can forging be anyway? And remember, what you are doing isn’t forging, you are simply channeling Ice energy for me to manipulate. If I began training this manual in earnest, it wouldn’t take too long for me to forge all those Quasi-Earth formation linchpins for you, but I am giving you a chance to cultivate yourself as well! Be grateful!” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui finished admonishing the formation spirit.

“While I admit that my help wasn’t need with most of the forging, you don’t have to be so arrogant… Thank you for your help anyway. This is going to take longer now…” The formation spirit had a worried expression on her face.

“I am mostly free for the next 5 years. I think we’ll easily get it done in that time.” While the Ice-Fire Divine Forging art could refine Quasi-Earth equipment like frying beans, Ninebless was simply too incompetent!

“Well then, I will leave for now. My maids are going on their first hunt tomorrow, so I need to see everything~.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui left for the night.

+++

In the mobile estate’s dining room, breakfast was being feasted on by Heifeng Jiansui’s maids. After finishing, Qinglan Weiwei who was acting as their unofficial leader began speaking.

“As the young master said, today our supply of food has been exhausted. The young master has granted up a map of the surroundings, so we can rely on it to hunt down wild beasts while not crossing ferocious beasts. The young master is still within seclusion but he will certainly be displeased when he realizes that there is no breakfast tomorrow! You all, pick up your weapons and do some light exercise before setting off!” Qinglan Weiwei’s commands were heeded by all the girls. Due to her strength, skill as a cook and her age, her leadership was accepted by all.

Morvian likes this.