LCD Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by UsernameJ, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Anon_711

Anon_711 Dress Break - Level(Max)

Reading List:
    Link
    Shin could summon Peruta for 90 minutes even before his Mana was supercharged by his new equipment and Zeus' name. If his master cannot win with that much time, only Sky God's Rage can save him. If master does win, lack of Mana is no longer an issue.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how long he has left until Deific Manifestation recharges. Without it, I don't think he'll be able to take on any of the other elite demons after this battle. Well, not without using Zues' lightning anyway, and I'm not sure how hard it is to hit with that yet.

3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He should be fine. I think they said this guy was the strongest available fighter in the Demon Army and Shin can still pressure him a bit. If he started using boss moves he should be able to fight another one.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The demon is the one that said that, and there's no reason to trust it. Honestly, considering that the Hero was at least level 90, I find it hard to believe that the top minion of the Demon Lord that killed him is only level 70ish, which I assume is the approximate level of this demon since the MC can still fight it.

Paps likes this.
  5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would it be hard to believe? Level 70 people don't grow on trees. I imagine these level 70 mercenaries are probably some of the strongest explorers in the entire dungeon with only heroes and freaks being level 75 and higher. I would say these mercenaries are clearly on par with the strongest people on the planet besides the hero.

Golan likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Level 70ish is when they became mercenaries, its not necessarily their level right now. Also, they represent less than half of the mercenaries currently around, and aren't necessarily the stronger half. Also also, the requirements for becoming a mercenary have as much to do with luck as they do strength. Its fully possible for there to be stronger people in the dungeon than them. Also also also, demons are not humans. There's no reason to think that there's any relationship between their levels of strength, especially not for the uppermost elites.

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe Shin said that they're around his strength or something like that. So it should probably be around level 70. What just a bunch of people who are the incarnations of gods and such but who never found the right skills? It's possible but it seems increasingly less likely as they become stronger. If they're stronger than the lower level people looking for the skills then they should naturally be able to outbid them and get priority on the skills on the market.

The reason I think there's a relationship is the fact that the humans haven't be completely overrun. If the demon generals are 10-20 levels higher than their human counterparts then it's not a war that's going to last too long. This war seems to have been going on for at least decades. That being the case the strongest force the humans on the planet can put out should approach that of the strongest the demons can put out. Unless the humans have some epic defensive fortifications set up.

8. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoy reading this story, but why is it that almost every game elements story wastes using it's points all at once.
    He just leveled his Divine Speed naturally vs the other boss...
    Ok, Ok, so he needs to beef up for the demon fight... and he needs to layer a bunch of moves with speed for a spectacular finishing move...

* But I want to read once, just once, a story where the MC uses the skill points strategically, and even spends time theorizing over which and where it is best to use each and every point. Not blow it all at one time like an after thought of the author. (Even if this one was a bit better than most stories)
    - He's got enough contacts and money to buy a Speed boosting item.
    - Hes got enough money to buy skill books in the residential area that could give him a strength boost.
    - He can take a few more hours to conquer a few more levels till the next boss for more stats.
    He can use 1 point across multiple categories to increase his elemental skills. (up to 7 skills)

Why didn't he use a few skill points in intervals before he fought the last 2-3 hard bosses that he needed to win solo the first time?

Well there are a few things examples of plot armor/cliche's in this story that frustrate me.
    - Like why wouldn't the dungeon people farm bosses if not just for loot to make money. Its the basics of dungeon diving.
    - Or why don't the people inform Hero's of what it means to be a hero to let them get ready sooner for the responsibility.
    (MC was told by the king that demon gets people to betray their own world, MC assumes it means after demon has won vs the hero...
    Wouldn't people who lost their world spread and help other hero's with the demon's SOP of world take overs? Teach other hero's how to fight the demons invasions?)
    - Teach hero to clear "home" world events before they get worse.... At least MC should have snuck to each one and gotten some stat points and rare equipment.

Ok, rant over.

Astaroth likes this.
  9. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like this chapter. This elite demon is looking down on his skill and lack of experience fighting demons. Oh and before anyone says something like those regeneration powers are cheating and if he were human shin would win, that's just a excuse. Shin's stats and abilities make him stronger than most explorers. And as far as regeneration goes, don't forget Shin has Diehard to revive even from death.

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the MC has ever directly told anyone else how new his world his to the system. Most people probably assume he knows everything there is to know.

11. Ignus

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though that might work most people he meets in the dungeon, it doesn't work for those close to him.
    The group of explores with the princess in it. The shop lady elf, other earth dungeon explores who are smarter than MC and collect info.
    Like if I had access to info about the demon invasion on earth through the dungeons, I would ask everyone about other worlds that were taken over....

12. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your thinking this is a typical game setting if throwing you off. In a normal game everyone can get to max level without worrying about the end game or grinding efficiency. Here, if you skip out on grinding bosses and elixirs, and your not a hero/hidden class/esper, you won't make it past floor 40. Also, shops and the auction items aren't impressive, and the good one's probably have high level restrictions or are kept and not sold. Have you ever seen anyone with a better attack than heroic strike, or good skills at all?

Shin does think about end game, so he avoided raising skills through points when fighting opponents he was told he could win easily against. He also thought more than enough about how to distribute his points, you just didn't like his decisions.

Enken likes this.
  13. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, the fight was heartening. The demon was the 2nd in command in the demon lord's army. second strongest! in such hierarchies, the next in line are usually somewhat weaker. The attack with all of those skills would have insta killed most high level demons, except those at the very top. The mc is still inexpirienced, he can't be expected to make all the best decision in regards to his points and such. in returnee, ilhan had to read the almost totality of earth fiction to get his foreshadowing skills. Kang Shin is strong, and he'll soon get even more op.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Even the people close to him probably only know that the MC himself is new to the dungeon and not necessarily his world. Well, Loretta obviously knows but she's not telling him things on purpose.

The other earth dungeon explorers might be smarter than the MC but I wouldn't call them smart. They should be inviting as many trustworthy people into the dungeon as quickly as they can. If they only have 6 explorers on Earth when they get invaded then it's gonna be too late. Or rather it would be if it wasn't the MC's world. They've been talking about setting up the organization for how long and have done nothing.

Astaroth and Ignus like this.
  15. Ignus

Reading List:
    Link
    Your first statement, that skipping out on boss grinding you won't make it past floor 40. Once you managed to beat a boss once, then fight through 4 more floors gaining levels, going back and fighting the boss would be easier and a worthwhile farm.
    - Sure not everyone can consume large volumes of elixirs, or even met the requirements for it to drop.
    - But you will still get drops that will help you progress further. Drops such as gold, more equipment, that will allow you to progress further.
    (If your whole team managed to get one more boss armor piece, and farm enough gold even for a weak skill, then you can get further)
    - Also, skill levels will be trained higher.

Your second statement about the shops and auction tiems not being impressive. I have to agree with you, as the story said as much.
    But, there is not skill quantity limit. Having multiple skills, even the worst class skills, or all support skills like far sight have uses.
    Even if there is a terrible skill that at rank 10 max only raises your strength by 1%... Maybe a trash skill for others would be worth it for him like elemental attunement increase by 2.5% would be worth it for him.

Third statement about Shin not thinking about end game, and just fighting opponents that are easy to defeat.
    Story has mentioned that Shin doesn't use the Intel upgrade. And that he was saving skill points and upgrading skills with actual combat on purpose...(He found himself near death cause he relied on his secondary class skills in the dungeon and didn't have them available for the succubus)
    So he only used the skill points because of the danger of demon lord. So I understand the explanation of why he didn't min/max his skill point usage. (That's why I said that this stories was better than most, but it doesn't negate that ever dam story I read the MC blows them all at once) MC had other options to raise his strength a bit.
    He could get a weak store bought defensive skill for a warrior that doesn't come with his elementalist class.
    He could take a few hours and spam his Divine speed skill on the next 4 dungeon level fand gain 1 more rank, and save a few more skill points in the process of gaining 20 stat points.

Astaroth likes this.
  16. Ignus

Reading List:
    Link
    I like that this is an answer. Everyone is even more stupid than the stupid MC. Entertaining, but not the best quality of writing.

This reminds me of a review on "assassins chronicle" i just read.
    @ninthlite "Overall the whole novel reeks of the author making everyone have infantile levels of intelligence to just make the not very bright MC seem like a genius."

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you read that sword's description? It was strong enough on its own to make up for quite a large disparity in strength. Also, we don't know how strong the Hero's companions that died with him were. Its unlikely that they were below level 85, and very likely that they were above 90. Most people, even among heroes, don't solo there way through the entire dungeon after all.

18. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe this isn't completely relevant for the story, but sorry it kind of triggered me that you actually said this...

To be honest this is more about how games become casual and no penalties for death etc.

For a more modern example, take Path of Exile. Not even 1% of players will get to max level, and that's for softcore, the EASY mode, instead of hardcore where you permanently lose your character if you die. (Perma death.)

Paps and Ignus like this.
  19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    If the demon king is stronger than the Hero then it might take his entire party to hold him back, but I'll give you that the hero's party was probably carried into being some of the strongest on the planet.

20. rusty32539

rusty32539 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I get a name for stories 1, 2, and 5?