Discussion Terrorist Attack in Spain, Barcelona. At least 14 dead, 100 injured, 5 terrorists killed by police.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AardwarkThe2nd, Aug 18, 2017.

1. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    ABC New Article

My condolences for the victims of this cruel attack and well wishes for recovery for those injured.

Tramsloof likes this.
  2. Aizael

Aizael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... i would say this is a bad start to my morning

3. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why for the whole article I kept predicting of the ISIS attack blame..
    Almost like how I know that every cn tl problem will be blamed on qidian..

runsing likes this.
  4. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a wrong conjecture I think.
    First: This is not the first time "car crash pedestrian" attack happened. Remember the 2016 Nice Attack?
    Compared with hard to get bomb, 4 ton 100km/h moving death is surprisingly a cost effective terror weapon.
    Second: Who wants to attack Spain right now? The Basque separatist? I don't think so... I don't think Catalan iseparatst attacking the biggest city in Catalunya. Galicia separatist? Also not... Then foreign ones? But who? For what? Hence, they linked it first with known threat: ISIS.
    ISIS is kinda in bad position right now... Their power is diminishing and so they need to make show of power to make them still relevant and hopefully get new fighters and needed money.

NaruYuuki likes this.
  5. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    plus they claim credit for everything.

6. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    ISIL claim credit on everything... They like Qidian.
    Most of the perpetrator was lone wolf translator... I mean, terrorists, who were indoctrinated by social media and internet speech.
    Most of them either young, marginalized in either economy, society or politic or have skewed moral cognition – an abnormal over-reliance on outcomes, that distorted moral reasoning – that the ends justify the means – which is the “hallmark” of a terrorist mindset.
    Also, if you can get to heaven by killing infidels, then why not? It's easier that had to act like a good guy all 7-24-365.

EDIT: I also had read in a psychology journal before about the importance of identification in radicalization.
    These people identified first with their religion than the nation or other secular identities. This might be because these people thought that they were either abandoned or even being persecuted by the countries. Seeing how often refugees and ex-colonial people often found themselves economically and politically marginalized, it won't be strange.

NaruYuuki likes this.