Discussion Opinions on Qidian Mega-merge thread 2.0 - All future Qidian Opinion Threads Will Go Here

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BabaNovac, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Like qidian?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No

155 vote(s)
    86.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mean to spark a war, and don't get me wrong i hate qidan.
    But i really can't tell you why, i mean, let's be honest here. 95% of us here don't care about any drama or the well being of the community or other such crap.
    All we care about is that we get more chapters to read for our own enjoynment, and doen't qidan do that? Sure the company might be a piece of shit from a moral standpoint or whatever but why the fuck do we care?
    Truth be told and i'm sure it's the same for most of you here i only started hating qidan by jumping on the "fuck qidan" bandwagon, hell i didn't even noticed it until recently and really thought i hate em.
    But today after looking through some novels and finding one i got interested in i clicked on it, naturally first thing i do is look at the translation pace, if its a xianxa anything under 1 a day is unacceptable.
    So anyway i clicked on the novel and qidan was there, with a trans speed of 0.3 basically 3 chapters a day, probably due to the recent mass release however even before that it was 2 a day.
    And that's what really got me thinking, isn't this a good thing?
    I mean before this i remember the trans speed of that novel was like once every 2 days and now its 2 per day.
    Sure qidan may be a bad company and stuff, but why do we care about the novel politics and drama, well we care because its entertaining really.
    Because truth be told us leechers have literally no reason to hate qidan, in fact should be happy about the increased trans speeds.
    From what ive heard you gotta pay on qidan after a certain amount of chapters but there are ways around that.

2. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People want to stand for something what better way than taking the side of the underdog in a large potentially very impactful issue. I do believe a large majority of it is bandwagon, but at the end of the day any issue that comes to the public spotlight is 90%(ofc this is an exaggerated number) bandwagon 10% people that actually know what is going on. Also, a lot of people look favorably upon Wuxiaworld due to the fact that Coiling Dragon, or any other novel from there helped them through a dark place in life. Sure they do no know him or his company on a personal level, but the unintentional impact that his work has had on their lives is enough for them to stand on their side and support them through this issue.

3. Makuba

Makuba Wyrd bið ful aræd

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but that's the point.
    If the community dies then we won't get any more chapters.

4. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    I love rwx and they attack ww so i hate them
    Its that simple
    Also bait

5. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    Gives a contract to WW for x amount of novels.

Lies and makes the contract void. Lawyers and shit, Suits. Ykno.

Judge Judy rules the defence not liable.

Fuck qidian

6. gauthamc

gauthamc [Dao of the Lonely Island]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure if it was like this and doesn't change then it doesn't matter but remember Qidian is just not active right now but wants to monopolize the market and make it so that all translations come from their site. If that happens then all the new translators will be scared to translate anything ultimately leading to a desirable community. And don't tell me that it won't happen because it already has. Reverned Insanity and Legend of the Great Saint were affected exactly because of this reason, despite the translations being one of the best I've seen, they either have to stop translating or have to sign a contract relinquishing their rights over the translations to Qidian.

99 others and Tramsloof like this.
  7. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    In case you forget, let me highlight some things for the leecher's club.
    1. Bad/sub-optimal translation quality
    2. Bigger picture says present participation=future paywall
    3. Leechers are not ungrateful, the translators they have been feeding off before, they dont forget them and they know loyalty
    4. Leechers does not equal to being stupid, anyone with a right mind knows what would happen when you have a monoply. even if it has a good reputation, and Qidian, well lets agree on that it doesnt have so good reputation already.
    5. Leechers or not, I am sure no one likes being lied to or be treated as fools.
    6. Leechers dont come from Mars, they are a part of this community and they contribute in some way or other, and most of them realize that they belong to this communiy which is threatned by Qidian, repeatedly.

8. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
  9. carapeto

carapeto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think your perspective is wrong...

typically leechers don't even visit forums and stuff...
    Nonetheless I don't think anyone hates qidian because the provide chapters...

People in the community have problems with the way the bullyied their way thru... Making popular TLs quit or change novels... and some novels to be dropped
    People in the community have problems with the quality of some the the chapters they put out!
    People in the community have problems with their site (it has improved since then) and how it kill the communication between readers and readers with TLs
    People in the community have fears of them changing the way it is now (free) when they monopolize the scene...

Still it is clear they brought a lot of new series and investment to ongoing series...

now if the good outweighs the bad?

Honestly I think they could have gotten to where they are now with a lot less animosity it it all had been well managed and there was a bit of respect to the people who have created/pushed this community

99 others and Tramsloof like this.
  10. Lovely

Reading List:
    Link
    this is probably the most merged thread of all times

11. Baddiez

Reading List:
    Link
    I swear this is one of the most heavily moderated forums I've ever visited. I remember why I stopped posting now.

12. Fosk91

Fosk91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Most of the translations on their site are garbage, some stink of mtl, and there have been cases of chapters that were almost a recap of what happened(I think it was Sorcerer's journey, but i can't find the original post in the forum where it was pointed out). The only exception are of course the legit translators that decided/were forced to go there. Although i respect their decision, since most of them had good reasons to do so, and even if they didn't it was their right and their choice to begin with, i still dropped their novels.
    2)In china, they have a paywall. Even just the risk of them having enough traffic to think they could one day put up one is reason enough to boycott their site
    3)They don't care in any way about the quality of their translation. They may correct errors and such when pointed out, but if it's not they're just as willing to ignore them. One example is the novel i cited above: although i honestly didn't keep informed, but last i heard they still had the same translator fix the previous chapters/keep translating, even after all the problems were pointed out. I may be mistaken about this, and if so i apologize beforehand
    4)even if they don't have a paywall, they're already implementing an adwall, that's just as annoying.
    All of these are of course my personal reasons to stay away from Qidian, i don't pretend nor encourage others to do so

13. Lovely

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

14. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You win some, you lose some. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everyday there would be 5-10 threads on "thoughts about qidian" for the last 2-4 months. Needless to say, it was drowning out conversations about actual novels and other matters.

Threads that offer new or substantial information are left alone, but threads that are just a rehash of what everyone and their grandmother has said gets merged.

Westeller, kenar and Shio like this.
  15. jersanxx1

jersanxx1 『Lost Toy』『Mostly Lurking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh... Let me state in a neutral tone as possible. Yes, generally, QI's decision on things can be said as "Runaway Train", but the issue here is about the volatile take-over of their already "high" popularity novels. So violent, that IRAS's antagonist's are too underwhelming. They literally tried to hit all Qidian novels that has appeared before QI surfaced in Novel Community and tried to hijack the novel that last translators have worked hard for. Okay, the damage might be too little IF they ONLY just issued an DCMA on non-licensed and get done with it(Or translate it all over again). However, They broke the agreement on someone, they took the translated contents w/o the owner's consent and literally pasted in their domain(which leads to copyright issue). Also, the fact that their translator quality(Although not all) is too much inferior for a Company based quality(I'm looking at you, Novel Saga).

That said, the company's fault affected their staffs in the crossfire. I'd really hope those leechers really know who's to be struck and who's not. Not some raging wild dog who bite anyone aside their master.

16. Baddiez

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't just referring to these threads, but yeah I get it you guys do you i'll just go back to lurking and reading the occasional good thread.

17. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, this is yet another Qidian hate thread.
    QI is terrible. WW is great.
    Anyways,
    Nyoi-Bo Studio was founded by two passionate fans of Chinese web novels and Japa-nese/Chinese animation & games. In the past four and half years, they have read more than 150 books on Qidian.com, which was about 600 million words. Now they think it is the right time to introduce those excellent web novels to overseas fans through Qidian International.
    We have read a lot of novels about elves,but seldom about pet elves in China. This book does not grab our attention at the first sight,but since we are also true love fans of 「Pokeman Go!」,we kept reading and found it became more and more interesting. That's why we decided to translate it and share it with you. Hope you would also love it.
    Please support Pet King and Nyoi-Bo Studio. Thank you very much and happy reading!

Japa-nese and Pokeman Go.
    No, since you're "true love fans" of Pokemon Go, why in the world are you misspelling it!?

I'm Speechless Li.

Qidian! You aren't giving us English readers any face!
    I get it if you have bad quality translations. How good can people not motivated to translate well because your cr*ppy contracts. But, seriously, to have an announcement in bad English...

Yep, Qidian is terrible. #SupportWuxiaWorld!!!!!!!!

On a side note, if editors have to edit through this English in normal chapters, I really respect them.
    PS: Pet King tl quality actually isn't bad...

18. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, 2 misspellings and Qi hates Japan now. Nice logic you got there.

Carm, kenar, runsing and 5 others like this.
  19. Gopper

Gopper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    QI is shit and will remain shit in my book.

20. chopin124

chopin124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Merge thread with the rest timez?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.