Asian Dramas

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by NiQuinn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The real draw to Asian TV shows have to be their costume dramas. Modern settings can be found everywhere, but shows with care and attention put into historical settings are a lot harder to find. In this arena, Hong Kong and Taiwan have sadly passed the baton to Chinese productions. The problem is that that the former simply can't get the kinds of budgets that mainland studios can get and the differences are stark.

For anyone who's unfamiliar with the situation, there's a massive film studio in China called Hengdian which has a full-sized replica Forbidden City, a full-sized replica Qin/Han Dynasty palace complex, city walls, ancient streets, and everything. Chinese productions don't have to use miniatures or CGI to represent ancient palaces; they just come and film in Hengdian. Hong Kong and Taiwan can't match this kind of lavish production, so they don't make all that many historical shows any more.

2. xianxia

xianxia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm searching for an asian drama wether japanese/chinese or korean all that matters is that the main male lead has every thing under control
    like :
    nirvana in fire the MC is too smart that even in enexected situations he still control the whole thing
    it doesn't matter if it's in combat/stragety or busines i just want the main male character to have every thing under control i don;t care if it's a romance or not

3. Rahul

Rahul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love Actually