The Perfect governing system???

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kingsahib, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And the Roman "republic" wasn't a republic as you might think of it today. It was more of an oligarchy.

2. mio

mio just me

Reading List:
    Link
    a perfect governing system is only possible if you have unlimited resources, so everyone can have what they want whenever they want it. and if you have a way to make killing, maiming, and hurting others unachievable.

stealing wouldn't matter, and vandalism could easily be ignored. greed and personal gain would be a non-issue, and most problems are due to these. someone thinks he deserves better, and tries to get better, without a care for those around him.

oh, and inventing immortality would also be necessary. then, if and only if there is no outside threat, you would be living in a perfect society, where you could do whatever you wanted, with no one to care.

realistically, this would become possible if we manage to robotize every single industry, including the creating and repairing of robots, and make everything free. sadly, this will never happen because our government would then lose control over us, and companies and rich people would lose what sets them above us ordinary folk.

that and there's a risk that humanity would stop advancing technologically, though tests and experiments have shown that this risk is negligible.

3. Salokin

Salokin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there is no such thing as a perfect...anything, actually. What should a government be focused on? Cultivating talent? Protecting liberties? Responding to crisis? If you define what a 'perfect' government is, you'd find people who are just morally repulsed by what you have proposed.
    Personally, I'd like a Constitutional Monarchy. A robust central bureaucracy for administration and public works, but a backup dictator waiting to swoop in and bust some fools if they mess up the country.
    But some people might think that a centralized government may be worse than a loose collection of local governments...

4. NaM

NaM 『♔ Re dell'appostarsi』(The GentleMaN)

Reading List:
    Link
    mass brainwashing?

5. dualstrike00

dualstrike00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should try watching "Infinite Ryvius" bit older anime but it proves the point that "absolute power corrupts absolutely". You would be better off creating subgroups in the government that goes against each other to create a type of checks and balance.

6. Rivenn

Rivenn 【I eat fruit】【commonhouseman】【RV_n/Rivelle】

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter how perfect a governing system, it is still run by imperfect humans.

7. Silvarion

Silvarion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

8. EienMugetsuTensho

EienMugetsuTensho [Avid Reader] [C#, C++, Python Programmer]

Reading List:
    Link
    "The best government is the one small enough where they can't affect you in every way."
    Dave Rubin
    26m27s

9. Options

Options Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In essence, a perfect governing system is a contradiction as man is himself imperfect and cannot create a "perfect" anything, much less something as prone to change as governance.

10. LIGHTDX

LIGHTDX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no perfect politic system, Human's greedy nature is just like that. The most clocer one will be with a IA o IA in the power, but, then again they would not have human emotions not will really understand our needs, it may not be able to adapt to change of times either.

11. dualstrike00

dualstrike00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not just morally repulsed by what you just stated but I'm also personally repulsed but it as well.

12. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    does madara's eye technique count as perfect governing?

13. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    does madara's eye technique count as perfect governing?

14. Nope34

Nope34 {Nope Garden's Master~}{Flower and Water Guardian}

Reading List:
    Link
    when every people on goverment never do any sin and always think bout their people its would be perfect, but it pretty much impossible, even church has corrupt people

15. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    mir likes this.
  16. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just for the sake of thinking about it:
    How about setting up so many checks (people that have the power/ability to stop another one from messing things up with corruption/etc) in the system that there will always be at least a few people available/able/willing to stop the bad apple.
    But then the system would be very inefficient...

17. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    One problem with that is often that the "bad apple" in their eyes might actually be the people proposing necessary reforms.

18. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it, and I know it is different, but I can't stop thinking about the ancient city-state system while reading this.

ah right. crap.

19. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    This problem is commonly called who will watch the watchdogs. But yeah even police has inner police for checks. Still I heard that during communist reign in my country you could just go to party building and plead your case. Apparently it worked quite well if you were not in party. Can t confirm too much since I did not live in that age. What you refer to is probably sharing power between few factions and let them watch and bite each others. Works well on paper but yeah human part that has free will and all that.

20. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah... I've heard of that. The thing where there is no end to how many watchers you need
    No I wasn't thinking of that. I was just thinking abstractly / not with any real-world situation in mind. (lazy thinking I guess)
    I don't understand what you mean here, please explain a little more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.