Beard help (Shaver)

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by SageRozenburg, Sep 8, 2017.

1. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might use it in the bath? Jk

2. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    I use a philips norelco g370 which I bought for about 13 dollars. Price may have changed or product may have become unavailable. But there are plenty of products out there. with the small shaver, you can have some 5 o clock shadow so that you don't look too clean shaven if that is the look you want. Multiple attachments.

3. ScipioM

ScipioM :D

Reading List:
    Link
    Might not be the best time but is a beard itchy? I've only had peach fuzz and that doesn't really itch.

4. SpiralGust

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't clean it

SilverFeather likes this.
  5. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the feel... mom even bought a reaaaaly sweet electric shaver just so I can't say no, meanwhile dad leaves his grow like a forest with no problems...
    And that was the last time he was seen breathing before finding his body with a deep cut in the neck...

CountryMage and SpiralGust like this.
  6. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when you first grow it out, yeah. But you get used to it. And it's hair on the neck that itches the worst(which you should keep shaven unless you are going full gandalf or want to look like a hobo) so yours might not go down far enough.​

7. SpiralGust

Reading List:
    Link
    *looks around*
    "I'll miss you"
    *throws out window*

8. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    With great beards come great responsibilities

SpiralGust likes this.
  9. SpiralGust

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean I don't have much The since I have to cut it like 4 times a year when it grows to much then I'm forced by my parents

10. whiteravenking

whiteravenking Member

Reading List:
    Link
    know the feeling (from Ph too), when your unshaved you would look like a member of the local extremist group but when you shave using store bought razors you look like a baby's butt... for me i just leave some on...

SageRozenburg and SilverFeather like this.
  11. schmidtcooper

schmidtcooper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ja, just use scissors and a comb. Use the comb to measure out the hair you are cutting then cut it. Hopefully you understand that.

12. schmidtcooper

schmidtcooper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Found it. Here:

Step 1: Wash Your Beard
    Give that shrub a thorough wash. Whether it be just water (in that case make sure it’s lukewarm to avoid frizz), or with your beard soap that you bring everywhere with you, make sure to wash it carefully. Afterwards, dry it thoroughly and make sure it’s not wet in the middle (depending on how large your beard is). You can use a hair dryer if you want, but it’s not necessary and actually isn’t recommended by this gentleman (currently sporting a very tight beard but used to have a right bush that never reacted positively to the hair dryer).

Step 2: Comb Your Beard
    If you have a comb with wide enough teeth, that great, use it, because it will also be used in the cutting process. If not, that’s fine, but when you’re learning how to trim a beard with a scissors, it’s easier to have a beard comb of some sort. Beard combs are a little softer and so will not agrivate your skin as badly as traditional combs.

Step 3: Combing Technique
    Firstly, comb the hair downwards. As in, comb down the chin in the direction of the hair, and when that’s done, do it the other way. This should give it a slightly frizzy look where it protrudes more so than usual.

Step 4: Cutting Side One
    Start at a particular side. Take your time here now, as definition and patience is key here. Draw the comb gently through the hair at an angle, nipping off the desired length of hair that comes through the teeth of the comb. Take note of the amount of hair that protrudes from the comb on the first cut because this is the length you will want to continue with in order to get an even trim.

The biggest issue with trimming a beard with a scissors is overcutting. I’ve done it many’s a time before, and so try to be mindful that you really don’t need to chop that much off if you’re just looking for something tidy. Take a modest amount off and follow on from that evenly on the side you’re working on.

When your first side is done, comb through it a few times as well as going through it gently with your fingers.

Step 5: Cutting Side Two
    Repeat the process of side one. You should now have a tighter and tidier beard on both sides with the chin area noticeably a little longer and unkempt.

Step 6: Trimming the chin with a scissors
    This requires a bit of time and patience, as it can be awkward. Comb against the hair, so that it is frizzing a bit, and repeat the process with the comb and scissors as you did on the sides. Once you’ve gotten the desired length cut, your beard should look tidy, neat and even throughout.

Step 7: Washing your Beard
    After achieving the desired look, it’s important to wash the beard thoroughly once again to avoid having tiny hairs getting into your clothes, food or bed – or worse, somebody elses clothes food or bed!

SilverFeather likes this.
  13. little king

little king Ruler of Sloth [Neko-form]

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the weather if I shave or not...

14. whiteravenking

whiteravenking Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also try @ watsons they might have the items for the same price at lazada...

15. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol.. looks like the beginning of a beard sect on NUF
    XD

I don't like my beard. it's prickly so i just shave it clean every few days or a week if i'm lazy..

SageRozenburg likes this.