Spoiler I'm in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by CannonBro, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It does to a certain extent but once a profit is seen with the fair use, then you are treading grey/illegal waters which can make it easy to get sued and lose (which usually means a major settlement out of court. This does happen a lot in the US and sometimes it feels like there was not even any resemblance between the two works.). That why you have to ask for permission first and why certain media (example would be major network cartoons like in Fox that change the name of branded goods) avoid it all together and just imply what they mean with changed names that are similar to in name from branded products. Guy up above is right, China doesn't really respect copyright to much but when you go abroad, it's a whole other scene which makes it easy to sue. It's just better to avoid by making minor changes. the thing would be when the novel is based of other copyrighted work. I've seen novels based of manga like food wars and such. Those novels might not be able to leave the china market.

Edit: Free Use should only apply to educational uses or other non profit uses that do not help promote anything like an organization or business. Kinda like an organization using the superman symbol to indicate their an invincible company or company of steel. This would make it really easy for DC Comics to to sue.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Xintest likes this.
  2. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    japan i believe is pro about fanfiction cause its free publicity

3. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wouldn't want a novel written about someone with every public description of myself from name to history to appearance, being a subservient sex slave. Also the images in stories could be argued to overlay onto people's impression of the real actors. A slander lawsuit isn't only possible with the current hollywood, it's somewhat likely.

4. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    damn.... rip and thanks for the link

5. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Biggest problem is that qidian forcing edits means they'll probably intend to take the project up soon. Guess I'll get one more novel on my block list v.v

6. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess this is also why we'll never get a translation of Almighty Athlete. Not that it was a particularly great series, but I really enjoyed all the celebrity cameos just like in this novel. Now most of the fun will be lost.

7. Xintest

Xintest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got 8 ongoing novels that I follow right now prohibited or shielded(basically disappeared on qidian~ I don't know if it's forever)
    I really wish qidian stay only in Chinese market and stop this mass prohibition move

8. Darkbeowulf08

Darkbeowulf08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain to me whats the big deal with the bite marks. I am using mtl and I skipped a couple of chapters so I don't know how this all started. Girls just keep biting Eric? Can someone plz help me?

9. Xintest

Xintest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any girl wouldn't want to see her lover bitten "marked" by another girl while doing snusnu
    I hope it got clear

10. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    did Tieba also ban the author? or this novel got axed?

11. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    No update for days now, Qidian didn't unban the novel yet. Seems like they only care about sexual contents since there were other similiar novels got unbanned while keeping real actors/company/musician names. And this novel particularly have a lot of sex scenes.

12. Easy365

Easy365 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely:
    I'll just leave it here and hope that I misunderstood the author's thought in the last lines.

13. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh he shared TXT file of his novel for all to read for free, and I just checked WeChat and this was posted yesterday:

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/01ClITWdbZH_SlMtJJ9DHw

I guess this is goodbye, at least in the end we find out that his pen name actually transliteration

贾思特杜 = Jia si te du = Just Do

He said he might write a new novel but he's not sure right now, I just hope Qidian will unban him soon so he change his mind and continue this novel.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Easy365 likes this.
  14. Easy365

Easy365 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This... this is the end... :notlikeblob:

15. Darkbeowulf08

Darkbeowulf08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew that this was going to happen. Well, if you can about it, after Eric became the richest man, there wasn't really a plot anymore just a bunch of chapters where we got to see everyone's reaction about Eric getting even richer.

Sircus likes this.
  16. Easy365

Easy365 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And what about the family? And the harem and the children? And what about the King of Hollywood? On Qidian many novels about money, about the media and other empires, but there are no such stars, no such relationship and such development in Hollywood. As the author wrote, so many plans, so many opportunities, but now... now everything has become garbage. I had similar feelings after the sudden end of the Master of Cinema from Cat D, he was just tired and finished... And although there is a Happy End, but so much was ruined... hell, now I remembered the relationship between MC and Emma Stone... sigh...

17. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    sigh, too bad... hope that author change his mind

18. namia91

namia91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there's still a couple more rebirth stories like this like Hollywood Secret Garden, Hollywood Modifier (mtl name), rebirth into American entertainment (IIRC the mtl name) and others. I've read a couple more but forgot the name. There's also many that started in Chinese entertaiment scene before going to Hollywood but i don't know if you would like that.

19. darkrain1993

darkrain1993 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anybody tell me what happened with the author nowdays, there had't been a single chapter since last week on 'uukanshu'...

20. Southmonk

Southmonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Namia could you give me an example where they start in China and go to Hollywood other than I'm a superstar? Thanks!