Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    7atyzn3uoqju6sxnxlni3i4l4.jpg His pose omg :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Character's design of Jin Ling, soooo cute :blobnosebleed:

Aeli, Blossomroad, Nikha and 8 others like this.
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish doggie would be here as well

alexfilia and K.san like this.
  3. Ezralva

Ezralva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That pose and hairstyle somewhat remind me of Sailormoon girls :ROFLMAO: now i get why some fans paired him up with Lan SiZhui and he's the uke o_O :blobowoevil:

Bytheway, I'm confused about sth... where was Wen Ning when Luanzhang's siege happened? He couldn't die no matter what right? Since he's an undead?

kiara8, Yuslia and alexfilia like this.
  4. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Before that happened, Wen Ning already "died". After he lost control and Wen Ning killed his sister's husband, the Jin family demanded justice, and was ready to go kill MC if he didn't hand the murderer over. So Wen Ning and his sister tricked and rendered MC immobile, then went to hand themselves over. Of course, MC was 1000% against this, but by the time he could move again, both of them had already died (Wen Ning's sister died for real though).

Darcy, Aeli, Ezralva and 2 others like this.
  5. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Didnt mc went over to some clan meeting where they were trying to gather everyone to kill him? ...was that before or after? ....did they simply kill wen ning's sister or torture her too? ....And if the Jin clan controled wen ning how come noone had seen him over the years?

6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like the Jin clan is as powerful as MC. They probably lost control of him and Wen Ning disappeared. I'm still puzzled over how Wen Ning appeared when Wei WuXian blew the flute for help the first time

alexfilia likes this.
  7. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really sure which clan meeting you're referring to, but the ones I remember all happened before MC officially left the Jiang clan, and at that point, they just feared MC but wasn't outright trying to kill him.

Their deaths weren't described. Jin clan only tried to control Wen Ning, but failed to, which is why he never showed up after his "death". The most they could do was restrict his movements and take away his memories/self awareness, but not command him to do anything.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details of how, but Wen Ning escaped from the Jin clan and wandered around in the wild until he heard MC's flute. I think it's kind of implied that he was purposely led there before hand, but maybe someone else who remembers the details can answer.

Nikha, alexfilia and kiara8 like this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised someone have enough patience to keep track of a zombie for 13 years

alexfilia likes this.
  9. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    The meeting i was talking about was the one where his sister was killed! ....they were having a meeting and the mc crushed the party and it led to the mc using his tiger seal

10. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that happened after Wen Ning was already gone.

alexfilia likes this.
  11. Kirihara Maya

Kirihara Maya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Marked as watched page before looking for the NUF pages to read* :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek: Hohoho~ The list is increase... :blobowoevil_horns:

Yuslia likes this.
  12. Ezralva

Reading List:
    Link
    Wen Ning's previous death with his sister was when he still a human being or he was already ghost general?

Since this excerpt from ch 10 is what confused me: "It wasn’t that Wen Ning shouldn’t be here, but that Wen Ning shouldn’t be in this world at all. He was turned into ashes even before the siege at Luanzang Hill."

So MC believes that Ghost General had been perished before his death? Is there a way to exterminate a powerful undead?

13. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Wen Ning died when everyone united against the wen clan ....since he was one of the few not currupted members he didnt fight back http://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/1396471/

Yes the mc thought Wen Ning was dead long before he died

14. Ezralva

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah so there is a way to exterminate an undead! First i thought an undead is called Un-dead because his soul could nvr be killed :oops::eek:

Did Lan Qiren one of the elder who Wangji hurt when protecting the MC?

15. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Wen Ning died some time after the war w/ the Wen clan ended, but was brutally murdered by those who wanted to exterminate all of the Wen clan (even the ones that didn't fight back and were innocent). Wen Ning was one of those fortunate enough to survive the war, but unfortunately died in a hate-crime.

MC was livid b/c Wen Ning saved his life before, so he tried and succeeded in turning him into an undead w/ intact memories that almost resembled the living. They lived together w/ the last surviving Wen clan members for a while before Wen Ning turned himself in to be killed w/ his sister. Then later, MC died. The Jin clan announced to the world that they burned Wen Ning into ashes (one of the ways to kill the undead), but they lied.

I don't think it was explicitly stated, but maybe(?), though not heavily at least. It's been a while, sorry.

Aeli, Nikha, kiara8 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ezralva

Reading List:
    Link
    When JC lost his golden core and parents, he was still friend with MC, wasnt he?
    But why did MC told him about his mother clan's healing method, sent him to the mountain, and made them part ways instead of surviving together? Had the MC already start demonic cultivation by then?

17. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    After the MC gave his cultivation to JC he was caught by the Wen clan and thrown into an undead valley plae to die ...so JC didnt see the MC for 3 months

The mc started cultivating that way after he lost his cultivation and thrown into the valley in order to survive and escape

The mc lied to JC in order to spare his feelings

Aeli, Nikha and Ezralva like this.
  18. Ezralva

Reading List:
    Link
    When they meet again and MC already became Yiling Patriarch, did JC all of sudden turned his back on MC or did he ever try to persuade MC to go back to the right path? Since he thought it was MC's choice to do evil things

This misunderstanding is killin my heart lol, i like them so much when they were friends :cry:

19. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really sure but i think JC was supportive of MC and tried to protect him but he had his own issues to deal with too ....Things happened and WW and JC staged a fight and ''cut ties''

The one who tried to talk the mc out of using the dark arts and offered to hide him was the ml LWJ but his intentions were misadenstood by WW

Aeli, Ezralva and kiara8 like this.
  20. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    They're falling apart was a gradual thing, and was also covertly orchestrated by other people by taking advantage of MC and Jiang Cheng's personalities. The subtlety of the process is honestly both beautiful and heart-breaking. It wasn't until MC and Jiang Cheng's sister died that their relationship fell apart, and before that, they were still on pretty friendly terms.

ML was the only person who realized that MC was being negatively influenced by the demonic arts. Jiang Cheng was actually quite supportive of MC and his undead army b/c that's a big part of how they got their revenge against the Wen clan. He only wanted MC to stop protecting the remaining Wen clan members b/c otherwise, he can't protect MC anymore. MC told him that he didn't need to be protected, and then they officially staged their "falling apart" to fool the rest of the world. It wasn't until he went to kill MC that Jiang Cheng adopted the whole "MC is evil" propaganda, and exactly why he did, is something to be read between the lines.

Jiang Cheng in short, is really tsundere. He'll curse and call MC names, but in the end, he still stood by MC every time. However, he also has an easily angered personality, craves power, and feels the responsibility to rebuild his clan, so it wasn't hard for other clan heads to sow dissension between him and MC, especially since MC has a idgaf personality and does what he wants. Their personalities and not sitting down to have a nice long talk was one of the biggest reasons the rift between them kept growing.

All that little stuff builds up, and at the end, Jiang Cheng completely snapped w/ the death of his sister. He lost the rest of his family, and to me, it feels like he got stuck on the 2nd stage of grief: anger. He turned all his anger to MC b/c MC was the easiest target, the target everyone else was after, and it's not hard to imagine how during his vulnerable state then, the effect of a few "timely chosen" words against MC could have on him.

Sorry this got a bit rambly, but MC and Jiang Cheng's relationship honestly rivals MC and ML's in my heart, and I have a lot of feels for these two.

Fiorisi, Rcyan, Acsis and 12 others like this.