Steam Store closed because of a certain game

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by juniorjawz, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I heard from an insider the church actually asked the minister at prime minister office -> a conservative stout muslim to raise the issue for them.

2. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm...Fictional characters need government to protect them from harm? Some idjit just don't realize how ridiculous the looked to the sane people.

3. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well they did a good job in blaspeming their gods way before games are made

4. EienMugetsuTensho

EienMugetsuTensho [Avid Reader] [C#, C++, Python Programmer]

Reading List:
    Link
    As a Christian (non-denominational), I do not care that Jesus was added in the game. Most Christians (That I know, I have never heard a complaint) also do not care about depictions of him (even though most are not geographically correct) I feel all religions are open to scrutiny. If you cannot handle someone questioning your faith was it really there in the first place? The US has the First Amendment, which protects all forms of freedom of expression except for inciting violence and slander (maybe a bit more). People can face social consequences for what they say(I prefer social consequences over government intervention except in the cases above). More often than not banning speech you don't like gives it a bigger audience and the speaker uses it as more credibility of being correct.

I also know being a Christian in the US is far different from being a Christian else where in the world (Biggest issues here are: Insisting science is at war with God, making excuses for past Christian scientists being Christian, hypocrites (Westboro), and the few crazies that have shot up churches). I have really only lived in very conservative places. Wheaton IL ( The Genus Edition of Trivial Pursuit states that Wheaton has "second most churches per capita in America."), and Salt Lake City, Utah (headquarters of LDS church).

Matthew 12:31-32 NIV
    31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

In Christianity, Jesus is the only human to be considered perfect(without sin). There are many examples of people in the old and testament not being perfect. Jonah didn't listen to God, hence the whale. God didn't want David to build the temple because he was too war like and so his son Solomon built the temple. Solomon was known for his wisdom and many wives (which would be considered his fault). Saul hunted down and killed followers of Jesus before he became an apostle.

I enjoy playing Smite because I enjoy reading and learning about mythology. Smite has also stated they will never add Christianity and some other religions to avoid issues. In China, a Hade's skeleton skin had to be censored and in some Middle-Eastern countries, female gods are more covered up. The developers had to know that this would stir up controversy somewhere and were probably planning on it (any publicity is good publicity). Another article talking about it
    http://www.pcgamer.com/malaysia-blocks-steam-over-2d-brawler-that-lets-you-beat-up-jesus

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  5. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    The hilarious thing that authors won't add Muhammed not just because there are no images of it (any arab with turban will do though lol) but because they afraid of "charlie hebdo". (and the fun thing is that europeans are trying to defend muslims lol)

I heard something regarding that - it was a topic about masons though (basic translation from my native language - guy talked about american christians)

They might know Bible even by heart. But out of it - they are completely ignorant.
    They don't know the history of church, the believe that before American priests - Christianity was sleeping and only American missioners woke it up. They do not know the famous christian figures and scientists. They basically don't know the essence of their religion.

As soon as you start talking about icons, water, famous christian philosophers - all of them start to talk some nonsense. Interesting thing is that in USA there are a lot of sects that basically just some kind of Judaism branches that do not know talk badly about Jesus.

American masons cleaned up Christianity to the point that Bible became a book of tales while churches became something like after class activities, where good neighbors go to sing songs, dance, share gossips and so on.

P.s. also the same guy said that George Orwell realized where the society is moving when he published his 1984 work. But that is another story.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017