Have you been mindbroken in a dream?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Cite

Cite 『Procrastinator』

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost never have dreams like this. Last time I had one was like when I was Yr 3 primary school(ages ago). It was a short dream where I was running from a monster disguised as my dad... He had a really scary expression. "Dad" was chasing me in a car. I was running so hard so it took a while for him to catch up. When I got caught I woke up and I screamed. It took me a couple of seconds to register that the dream has ended.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Deleted member 38284 and Ai chan like this.
  2. Lhie

Lhie 『Procrastinator』「Argetlam」『Bibliophile』

Reading List:
    Link
    i had something like that when i was younger~ XD i still remember a bit abt it tho it's not as clear as when i dreamt it anymore XD

3. Kanana

Kanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dreamed of being Uke in a Danmei

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  4. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    My dream is full of actions, almost every time.
    I remember that I had made a thread here about one of my dreams before

5. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah, and I thought being unable to run in a (normal) dream was a mindfu%*. That and falling; screw falling.

Deleted member 38284 and FlameE like this.
  6. Land Of Tea

Land Of Tea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O.O
    So interesting.......No good lifetimes?

7. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently had a dream about being a psychotic hero who had to slaughter and take over territories.
    It quickly became distasteful, and then soon switched to RTS mode.
    Then oddly, what I did with my conquered territories, was to open hot dog stands in each one.

8. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2 possible answers

1. You have some weird fetishes
    2. See a therapist for nightmares

9. 13th Echelon

13th Echelon Piping Hot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was once unable to wake up in a dream, I just got home from school and I did not remove my uniform and started napping in my bed I had a nightmare the only thing I remembered about it was in the last moment when I want to wake up I was hugged by a girl in white that supposed to have died in my dream after being in a car accident. It was creepy I was being hugged by a dead woman but not only that I can't also breathe and her hug is tightening I was aware of what is happening at that time that I am dreaming and need to wake up but I can't. I can't move and I can't breathe so I started praying "Our Father/Lord's Prayer" then in just seconds I woke up sucking a very deep breathe, I was very thirsty and my body is drenched by my sweat. I got a trauma about that and now I don't dare to sleep in the afternoon. This is real talk I am not making a made up story.

10. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn... and here i used to complain about my dreams that i fall from some high place

11. Dolfitos

Dolfitos 『Kingsize』 『Jason of N.U.F』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan go home you are drunk.:blobexpressionless:

12. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Last night I dreamt of becoming the father of @Westeller after he paid me 20k nuffies to become my son.

When I woke up it felt good, but a loss of 20k!

13. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Only Ai chan could have dreamed of something like that. I wish I could be that guy putting on collar.... dominating.....body..*Nosebleed. *Creepy Stalker Stats +9000.

14. UselessWastrel

UselessWastrel Procrastinating Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    I once did a stupid thing, I wrapped up myself like how a straitjacket wraps someone wore a face mask and an eye mask tightly then closed my hoodie and slept that way, needless to say I dreamt a mindfuck of darkness and spooky shit screamed so loud I woke up the whole dorm.

Ps of course i wore the face and eye mask first then proceeded to close my hoodie and wrap myself in a straitjacket manner, I just cant seem tocut and paste here using mobile

15. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    I got married to someone I don't know. But I love her. We went to bed together and when I was about to fall asleep, she give me a goodnight kiss. When I opened my eyes, she was not there anymore. I tried to recollect myself and I realized, it was only a dream.

16. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one having a problem with this sentence?
    You should seriously lock the door to your balcony and store the key somewhere else.

17. RandomComment

RandomComment Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like my dreams have no particular pattern, really. The stuff I dream of is wildly different. Sometimes I've dreamt of real life stuff, sometimes isekai stuff, sometimes medieval crap, etc. Heck, once had a dream of being in the vietnam war...I don't know anyone thats been in it or has a family member that was in it...no emotional investment or connection in it either. Just...random. *plop* here you go, european dude of asian descent fighting in vietnam.

That said, I recall my dreams quite well for whatever reason. They're not quite as long as yours seem to be, but fairly sizeable enough for me to recall major details. I tend to die in quite a lot of them too...the vietnam one for instance, I just randomly died as soon as I set foot back in America for no reason at all. If we're talking "mindbroken" though...one dream in particular comes to mind. This one was quite a long time ago but I still remember quite a bit because this one in particular had some rather "creepy" detail to it in a way.

I seemed to be in a normal world, but with a reincarnation ability. Every time I died I'd reincarnate in a slightly better position. It was quite a while back so I'm not clear about it by now but I basically kept dying as a young guy due to reasons like depression and heartbreak. I always had some really significant love interest but for whatever reason it always went downhill in really depressing ways. Heres where its weird tho...one of the first reincarnations was as a farmers son. My love interest fell for a guy named Warren. Another time was as an average salaryman whose love interest never saw him as anything but a friend. She married a guy called Tesla, got divorced, felt horrible and we were both depressed due to me sympathizing. And the weirdest goddamn one. I was King Arthur....and basically, Lancelot x Guinevere route went full speed ahead.

Fun fact: Warren Buffet was a farmers son too and is one of my idols for his brilliant insight and success from such humble origins.
    Fun fact 2: Musk, the founder of Tesla (named after Nicola Tesla), has had 3 divorces. Another of my idols for his technological vision.
    Fun fact 3: The king arthur one...duh. I also really respect the ideals of chivalry and such that the medieval times are portrayed as in our works as of now. King Arthur in particular is a great figure of this ideal, such as in Fate Zero and Magika Kenshi.

So yea. That happened because of my idols. Yea... There were a bunch of other loops in that dream that were completely random but similar outcomes such as being "too successful" and therefore my love interest distanced herself, love interests meeting several untimely deaths, myself dying at really bad times (including right before confessing) and so on. So yea...thats probably my most "mindbroken" dream ever. More of a nightmare actually, tbh.

At least in some of the isekai dreams I manage a harem...yea, its not always nightmares. I swear, I'm sane. I'm not mentally challenged or deranged. (I feel this disclaimer is necessary after every time I bring this nightmare up)

18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan also had dreams like that. Sometimes it was a normal dream where Ai-chan live a normal life as either a man or woman, growing old and dying in my bed, with my children and grandchildren all grown up. Sometimes Ai-chan dreamed of dying in wars. They were all a lifetime of dreams and they were all different, with the only similarity being Ai-chan woke up automatically upon death and Ai-chan could recall bits and pieces of my dreams.

Yes, Ai-chan was mindbroken and brainwashed, forced to wear a silver collar. Would you like to read it? Ai-chan is writing the story and the oneshot is almost done. Don't have the time to do a novel and also this is pretty much all that Ai-chan can remember.

Ai-chan rarely got prophetic dreams. All prophetic dreams that Ai-chan got had something to do with my parents. So whenever Ai-chan got such dreams, Ai-chan would tell my parents to stop whatever they were doing and do something else instead. Like some years back when Ai-chan dreamed that my parents went to sleep under a tree in the middle of the desert and never woke up, Ai-chan told them to cancel their hajj reservation because Ai-chan wanted to get married that year. They were pissed when Ai-chan didn't even have a candidate and told Ai-chan not to act spoiled, but by that time it was too late for them, so they had to reschedule for next year. A little while later, Ai-chan found out that there was some kind of accident during Hajj where a lot of people died. If Ai-chan didn't stop them, perhaps my parents would've been among the dead in that accident.

Ai-chan was indeed living in a hentai in that dream. A mindbreak and brainfucking hentai.

Dreams like these do take time to adjust.

Had plenty of good lifetimes. A few times Ai-chan lived a dream of being a very overprotective father. Sometimes Ai-chan dreamed of being a loved and blessed mother. Sometimes Ai-chan dreamed of going to space. Once Ai-chan even dreamed of living in a generation ship where Ai-chan reproduced asexually and having selfcest sex with a thousand of myself.

Just out of curiosity, how do hot dogs stands fight in RTS?

I'd love to. But alcohol price is over the roof here. There's never enough to get drunk on, not that Ai-chan can get drunk, even. Except for this one instance http://forum.novelupdates.com/threa...those-who-are-fit-to-be-considered-old.31161/

Eeyaaa, creepy stalker-san wants to force Ai-chan down, put a collar on Ai-chan and play with Ai-chan's heart and body like a toy?

To be frank, Ai-chan forgot where the key of the balcony was. Waiwai kept telling Ai-chan to get a new one fitted, but Ai-chan can't be bothered. So the sliding door was only locked with a latch these days.

Oh, Ai-chan's dreams are rarely influenced by real world factors. It seemed like Ai-chan randomly fell into one of a million worlds and ends up living in that story. There were plenty of times when Ai-chan's dreams reflected what I read, watch or listened to before sleep, but those were short dreams. None of those were my life-long dreams. Thanks for sharing, though.

Lapin, NekoMK2, mir and 5 others like this.
  19. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai chan really need to write an ero story of herself....10/10 would read.

Anon2.0 and Ai chan like this.
  20. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I do have very detailed dreams frequently though I do find it quite hard to remember them. One I do relatively remember was a very surrealistic dream where I somehow grew gills instead of lungs and then spent years in the ocean. There were a whole bunch of underwater civilizations and nations fighting over various things while I was both enjoying exploring the new world and trying to find a way home. And the dream ended with me searching all over before finding a tower that supposedly held the key to getting home. Where I found another damn map.