LCD Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by UsernameJ, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The analogy related perfectly fine for the point I was making. Even after I explained what that point was you then decided to ignore it to talk about nonsense. The point was how a fight against someone who can control you will go. Does the analogy I made fit that situation? Yes. Then it works. Literally nothing else is relevant. Do they have magic? Completely irrelevant.

Nope. It never said that she blocked the attack in any way. It said she waved her hand and the lava fell in clumps and then formed the animal kingdom. In fact she called directly called out the name of the animal kingdom while the lava was approaching her. Just because she can subvert an attack every now and then doesn't mean she can do it with every attack. The Drake is higher ranked than her. It's obviously not impossible because she clearly does so with the lava attack.

I'm not so caught up. It's your imagination. That's just one of the examples I gave for how controlling the element could give her an advantage in defeating them. That you decided to latch on to arguing it and didn't ask for any more is why we're still talking about it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. Random Refugee

Random Refugee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I expect Shin to get high level elemental contract by the end of Beyond 4, and that should enable him to get his 3rd elemental, the metal elemental. Since his chaos spear fire is stronger than Pika's elemental aura in the spear, unless the metal elemental allows him to keep the chaos fire in the spear, he won't put elementals in his sphere henceforth. Instead, I'm thinking he should put his metal elemental in his armor with heavy armor mastery. He's going to need it when he has a Beyond floor with hundreds of grim reapers using blink.
    Ye-Eun is the most deserving because she is the only one who has been soloing all of the floor masters and then grinding them once she can get the elixir drops (started on floor 50 for her). But she has a lot of things to get before she can do go to Beyond -- achievements, a god's true name, and recognition from an administrative guild master. So it may take her a while.

3. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't actually think Ye-Eun is strong enough to do anything in the beyond. She doesn't seem to have the firepower to deal with hoards of boss monsters.

4. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's probably what the Wild Dance of Fresh Blood technique book was for.

Besides, I don't think any of the others meet the prereq of soloing all floor bosses.

5. NoobElite

NoobElite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well looking at the girls she seems like the only one who could go since the rest of the girls is either a tank, a healer or a mage and she is an assassin but well that is it.
    But now look at Shin. He is a typical hero class with attack power, defensive power, technique, magic, high charm luck etc and also the soul guard skill. (also 2 names of gods and as we all know the third one is in the making since he got one announcement that war gods are watching him etc after he got Zeus.)
    Ye-Eun may be kinda strong but there are only 3 adventurers in Beyond. 3!!!
    She would have to be close to Shin in power or at least be an all rounder. I do not think she is good enough to go there considering the only reason she was able to solo every boss is that she already had a power once she went inside. And well as we know she only started to get consumables on floor 50 since her power made it to easy to climb. it would be a poor joke if she were to go there.

6. Random Refugee

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. She is the only one in Revival besides Shin who has been soloing all the floor bosses, and that is a requirement for going Beyond.

If Ye-Eun doesn't get a strong AoE skill, she could use Beyond to build her stealth skills or her speed. I agree that we haven't seen her looking very powerful, but she somehow has enough power to solo the skeleton knight and his minions, the Dullhan, the grim reaper with his minions, the giant wolf, and the wendigo. So we shouldn't underestimate her.

7. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You too are going a little to far in your own statements
    At least I am not sayng anything about wherever this girl is doing this or not but about the possibility of her doing it not being imposible, same with Hwaya, the drake and what not, beside you are wrong as Shin is already been doing it for ages since him confronting the ratman where peika took over the dark thunder, about the the drake attack while Hwaya could steal some of his magic (because the magic used was to form and control the magma or you think that magma just normaly float in the air? they weren't in a volcan) its not going to be so easy to do it with the breath what is the special trait of the dragons and only was able to block it

In other maters the teacher of Ilya could perfectly be Hwaya as what this loli lack is control over her own magic power and basic magic knowledge and that dont seem like is dependant of attributes, what I think she is already pretty good, this also would be a good meaning for the tittle and will help her to soften traumas of the past

8. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    She could solo those bosses because she came in to the dungeon already strong, this is shown by not being able to get any elixirs till floor 50. Yes shes far stronger than other lvl 50 1st dungeon explorers but there is still a massive gulf between her and Shin. TBH i think she might make it to beyond around lvl 80

9. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could have sworn Shin also had an elixir?

Hmm, it looks like the Tamer class might be more immediately useful for her, assuming the boy isn't an elemental ;)

10. ebito

ebito Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do you even read what i write about magneto and colossus??? and you still think that is relevant...

that what i say about that is your interpretation of what hwaya do... yes the author never said that she take control of the lava either right... that's why i said why the lava need to drop to the floor first like an uncontrolled object before they turn into animal... if the author intended that hwaya take control of the lava from the drake she can directly turn the lava instantly... why i say it's imposible coz through out the story there is never an instance where the author explicitly tell that one is taking control other power...

yeah it's maybe just my imagination... no i just believe that i'm right and what more all i just bored...

i don't think i went to far coz so far i haven't found in the story about power manipulation...

ah i found it it's in ch 30 the exact line is

"As expected, Dark Ratman’s black lighting was absorbed by Peika the moment it came out, and she let out an increasingly dazzling light. When the skill finally ended, the Dark Ratman panted and screamed."

in my opinion that still doesn't represent peika taking over the ratman lightning... peika could just tank the black lightning with her high lightning resistance... coz before that the author write that peika is immune to the dark lightning explosion... and after that we got how the author describe how peika just take the lightning head on is like she absorb it... there in never mention about peika manipulate the lightning what the author wrote is about how peika is immune to it... so i still stand with my opinion that it's impossible to manipulate other power...

nope ilina doesn't need hwaya to teach her... shin could just make her an explorer and deific manifestation could do a much better job...

11. Random Refugee

Reading List:
    Link
    Any guesses on what skill Shin will raise? What is this answer that has been given?
    If Shin just wants to burn the freeze-boy to death, he should be able to do that with chaos spear fire without using any skill points. Alternately, he could give his half elixir (ch151) to Hwaya; that would half-fill her MP, so she can burn everything. So I don't have any idea why he needs to use skill points or what he would use them on.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  12. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Has the dungeon boss been feeding and looking after the ice girl?

13. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously I read what you wrote if I referenced it. The problem is that you're not reading. You randomly made up a standard for what needs to be in an analogy even when it's unnecessary to show my point.

There is no interpretation issue. You're clearly wrong. Hwaya cast the spell while the lava was flying at her. The very spell to take over the lava. That's the only magic she's described as doing. The lava then fell to the ground and turned into animals. Her using the army of flames while the lava was flying at her proves that what she did to defend against he lava was take control of with her spell. Saying that 'if the author intended for Hwaya to take control from the drake she'd just directly turn the lava instantly' is your opinion and not a fact. That could just be the way the spell works for example. Or it could take enough time for them to form that she didn't want to hold them in the air.

14. ebito

ebito Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we are discussing about what happen between 2 of the same element and you brought magneto and colossus with one being a magnetic power and one metal power and you still say that it's relevant???

and hwya taking control the drake lava is your opinion but that may not what the author meant... i still believe that the author never say that hwaya can take control of the drake lava... if the author never explicitly say that all of this is just interpretation/opinion ... like what i've been saying is my interpretation/opinion but i also believe that the author meant it that way with how the author write the story... and point me to the instance where the author write there is a possibility to take over other power to prove me wrong...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Clearly you still haven't read anything I wrote about it. I brought them up for a very specific reason. To give an example of a fight where one side could control the other. Does it show that? Yes, it does. That it's different to what we're discussing is irrelevant. This is why you have to actually read others people's posts. To give an analogy of this argument it would be like this. If I said that Sakura from Naruto hitting someone really hard would make them explode like Saitama does. You'd then say that Sakura's punches are strong because of her chakra manipulation technique while Saitama is just strong so the analogy doesn't work.

It's not my opinion. It's what she did. She explicitly took control of the lava attack the drake used. The example that you're ignoring is the proof. This is not some cloudy scene that is hard to figure out. 1. Drake uses a lava attack. 2. She uses a spell to turn said lava into an army of flying creatures. Thus she took over the drake's lava.

16. -M4-

-M4- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Re-reading the particular chapter you guys are discussing, Hwaya does take control of the lava that is flying towards her, from how it's worded. However, we don't know if the Fire Drake's skill was supposed to control the lava until it hit the target or if it's just a "point and shoot" skill, where his manipulation is only used to give a projectile a direction and kinetic force. If it's the latter, she is not wrenching control from him.

17. JackStone

JackStone Wow. How nice. Good job.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks.

18. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fairly sure he's an elemental, considering after he started his monologue, he doubted 'Earth's Hero' could see or hear him. You'd think whoever was sending the monsters to different worlds would inform them of that world's Hero's abilities.
    I assume the answer given is that Illina can see the elemental boy, and so Shin can help her contract him. Not sure what skills he'd need to raise for that to work. All his Elementalist skills perhaps, to undergo his 2nd class advancement?

19. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm there's a background fight going on with the girls around Mc
    Hwaya 1 poin.... wait scratch that gj Yeun

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    In that case I believe it would still have to be filled with his magic. It was mentioned that attacks without magic were useless against people at their level. Even nukes might not work.