How fit are you? (Lv 0-100)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Underload, Sep 12, 2017.

?

what level are you?

1. Lv 1-10

93 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Lv 11-25

48 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Lv 26-50

24 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. Lv51-75

14 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. Lv 75-99

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. lv 100

7 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Lv Troll(Negative)

57 vote(s)
    21.1%
  8. Lv 9000 (You are hopeless)

24 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. slakids

slakids Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So.. . It not fapping but push up?

2. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    I am Level Potato. I can lift Potato kilos and run a mile in under a Potato. Potatoes look up to me.

mir likes this.
  3. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I was a pretty good (varsity level) distance Runner in HS and my best time was averaging 3:40/kilometer (though that was for a 5K)

4. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be careful when it comes to weight lifting, it can cause eye floaters and retinal detachment. Don't lift too much weight and eat lots of veggies and fruits.

5. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is that the top 2-5%? Because they are the ones that trained properly. We can discount the midgets because that's such an insignificant portion of the population. As i said, you don't need good genes to achieve that, if you got the shit end of the stick with genes disabled/retarded/midget then yea i doubt you could ever make it but that like the lowest 1% of our population.

But this is now a moot point. The OP is a muppet who keeps changing things.

6. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    3:20 per kilometer is hella fast. even if every person on earth trained for 2 years only 2-5% would be able to reach that speed. actually 1% would be closer.

4 minutes is almost impossible- unless you're a trained athlete.
    3:20 per kilometer- sustained for 10 minutes- that's an elite athlete there. if you went pro, you'd be the top 2 or 3 runners in american football.

getting to the top 5% isn't just training. phelps got there because of his build. if you say it's all training- then a lot more people could be olympian or pro athlete level.

7. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's about a 2.14 conversion rate in weight and 3/5 in distance. So 220 lbs is about 100 kilograms and a mile is about 1.6 kilometers. I assume you are an arts student if basic conversions confuses you.

8. Alski

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me just point you to the Wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3000_metres . If your going to compare Phelps he would be up there with the crowd who can do it in 7min 20sec.

The thing is, its ONLY 10 minutes i went to high school with people who could do that and none of them went on to be professional athletes.

9. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    I can run one mile in time, but break down after that

10. Theo Thanasia

Theo Thanasia Medicine Master

Reading List:
    Link
    aaahh.... my mom is strong then :I

11. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so i'm assumming your track team is more than 5% of your school population... since you are so resolute.
    and i assume 100% of your track team can do the 10minute 3km run.
    and i assume that those varsity athletes didn't pick up running- because they were already good at it... meaning some were naturally slow or on the short end... again, since you are so resolute.

most people - not just 14-26 yr olds could probably run the 3k in 16-24 minutes. maybe on the higher end because at least 30% of the world is overweight. maybe 20% is too young to run that fast, and 50% is too old. so your left with 30% of which 30% is fat. down to 21% then. now how many of that 21% are athletes? all of them? were one out of four students in your school in track? i assume that's the case because you are so resolute.

but... even if one out of four people in your school were in track- that still accounts for just 5%. and that's only if every school was like yours- with 25% of the students doing track.

so top 5% of humanity is kinda low. it might even go up to top 2-3%.

12. Alski

Reading List:
    Link
    As i state in my first post on this matter it just requires a fair bit of training. For those people actually doing that training, Its entirely achievable for those people. No it doesn't require good genetics like you assumed in you assumed earlier it just requires training.

Let me just reiterate my previous statements and be done with it.
    - Its achievable for those who train for it
    - It doesn't require 'good' genes
    - Most people will never achieve it because they don't train for it, but they could
    - If you have 'bad' genes then you will probably never make it, btw the vast majority of overweight people are that way because of themselves not because of genes. there are very few people who are actually in the 'bad genes' category
    - We are using this forum as the basis where most people are aged 15-40

P.S
    - I'm not American
    - My school didn't have a dedicated track and field team (small school 300 people from year 9-13)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  13. Englandismycity

Englandismycity Rap God Nick Crom-... okay, I regret my username

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember back when my mile time was 6:20

14. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we never set the age. top 5% of humanity. not top 5% of runners.
    i never said being fat was genetic... however people have inherent body types. some people are built for speed, some people are built for strength.

i said good genes and training. try to run that fast with a height of 4 feet, or weak lungs, or a weak heart.
    good is the opposite of bad. not normal.

you said it yourself- if you have bad genes you can't make it.

to what exactly do you disagree? it seems you yourself validate my arguments.

i'm so confused.

15. Alski

Reading List:
    Link
    You and me both buddy.
    You made the qualify of requiring good genetics. I said otherwise and i also clarified it (discounting those who got the shit end of the stick with genes).

I'm disagreeing with you you saying only those with good genes can achieve that, when normal people with training could achieve that too.