Alerts

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Sircus, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Something I would like to have.

For example Im reading "Winds of blue." Its currently on chapter 100 and have highly irregular releases. I specify that I want an forum email sent to me pinging me when the series has reached/released chapter 130.

Would a function like that be possible to implement?

2. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. There are no chapters on NU, only releases. c[number] is the name of the release on NU.
    Tony would have to change that before thinking about your suggestion. And that would be a huge change, involving countless hours to implement...

You'd be better off creating a separate list for series with slow releases and checking in on them every few months instead...

3. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes yes, I understand that there are no chapters on NU. Call it a release counter alert then only available on users reading list.

4. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    While that could work for the series you want, it would face problems on series with more than one active translator...

Besides, this seems like one of these features with low necessity and a lot of work to implement, so I don't see this happening.... but who knows? Perhaps I'm wrong.

P.S. Poor title choice for the title.

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't seem too hard to make a system that e-mails people when X amount of releases are made for Y series actually... I don't know a thing about programming, but it doesn't look hard.

I can understand why some people might want it, and it's not the first time I have seen people suggest something similar... I personally wouldn't use it, but it seems like a good suggestion overall.

Sircus likes this.