Request An MMO with Good Quest Chain and Freedom

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by MaliMi, Sep 13, 2017.

1. OnigaImasuka

OnigaImasuka A devil in disguise

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with Guild wars 2. Quite free to do whatever you want and very little forced grinding that also opens up the possibility to multiclass/play several characters.

I personally got bored with the PvE stuff quite early. But since then they've added one, and soon two, expansions with raids on one hand and quite engaging quest lines on the other. They've also introduced max level boosts that comes with most versions of the game nowadays which enables you to skip the "hunt 10 rabbits" quests if you so choose.
    While the scene has been dead for quite sometime and only gets CPR during expansions I thoroughly enjoyed the World versus World versus World (WvW) game-mode, large scale PvP with 80vs80vs80 on a big map capturing objectives and skirmishing on fields. Here you can try 5vs5, 20vs20, 50vs50 or 50 vs 20 in a keep, and so forth.This summer they added quite a lot of rewards to the game mode which should have brought better population numbers and keep it up after the expansion in a couple of days but I haven't played this summer so I don't really know. Something to try at least if you play it but become sated with quests, that have gotten increasingly better with expansions, and large-scale environments to explore.

Only downside with Guild Wars 2 from an MMO-perspective is probably the lack of grinding. It's quite easy to get BestInSlot gear and all money/currency will give you is better looks, mostly. I quite enjoy this aspect though.
    My personal gripe with the game has always been lack of good balancing on the WvW field. Something that has sometimes left the game mode desolate of invested individuals.

2. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a really small amount of good games to play in the MMO segment, since most end up with pay to win, eternal grinding and so on. Long story short, I can only recommend TESO ( The Elder Scrolls Online ) and maybe if you like it Guild Wars 2. I've looked at many MMO'S and there are barely any noteworthy and good.. TESO being the only one I would still play today. Black Desert isnt too bad and imo the only "good" asia grinder, but its way too heavy on grind for me, the rest is quite good actually. Path of Exile isnt really a MMO, but if you like Diablo like Slayers, its definitely the best free one out there, might even be better than D3.

3. bessem

bessem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Teso storyline is good and u can swap skills by swapping weapon. But its more a Tes 5.5 than an mmo. If u want good storyline and quest u should be playing offline rpg.
    Most mmo have generic fetch and kill quest or full mob grind.

Alchemist_God0 likes this.
  4. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You say that TESO is like TES 5.5 and then you tell him to play an offline RPG? He's right about most MMO's being repetitive and shit tho

5. KoNO

KoNO Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FF14
    It has super long main campaign, regular events, dungeons etc. Great crafting and lots of freedom with switching classes and cross class skills

6. apeasley

apeasley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Final Fantasy XIV, has a pretty good main story questline. A lot of them have cutscenes and the like that are decently engaging. Also as far as classes go, it's not restricted, each class is associated with it's weapon, you change a weapon and you change classes. Each class has to level up, but also each class has it's own questline to follow. So you can make 1 char and level all classes on it. There is only 1 main story quest line though, but it lasts a good long while.