Suspended 'cuz of a Deathnote?!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Evil_Ginger, Sep 15, 2017.

?

What are your thoughts?

1. Yeah, he's a menace and so are you!

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Huh? Doesn't everyone do that?

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Meh.

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Just give me my potatoes.

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. My brother told me a kid had a Deathnote at school and had written names of the other students inside.

He was suspended because the other students felt threatened.

Really?!

Have you heard about the method of writing a letter telling someone how you feel and then trashing it? To me, that is how these Deathnotes feel. I mean, they are just fancy diaries, right? It's not like anyone will actually die because their name is written down.

Otherwise...Justin Bieber would be dead...

Anyways, I told my mom and brother that it was similar to thinking about how you would kill someone and their reactions went :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

Like no joke, they looked afraid for their lives. I went to work and asked my fellow employees if they ever imagined killing someone...100% said yes. And I asked several people.

But what do you think?

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN and readerz like this.
  2. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    Kids are stupid...

kenar, Westeller and Evil_Ginger like this.
  3. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so retarded. Is his name Light Yagami? Run as long as you can

4. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We will all essentially die once the cats turn us all fully into their slaves so what is the harm of thinking threatening thoughts a bit?

5. SirPinha

SirPinha #Vaporwave

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish i had one.

6. Pyrenose

Pyrenose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it refers more to the kid's mental state. The fact that you have a self-proclaimed Death Note speaks serious issues about the kid's mental state. I find it hard to believe that staff suspended him on the premise on having a Death Note but more of concern of him taking actual action based on the names of the notebook.

7. aracgnidus

aracgnidus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like that your avatar is a goblin with a menacing slime and a biiiig book and a pen ^^ a big deathnote that you have ^^

8. raltzero

raltzero Last Year Until BS in IT | Lazy Overlord TL

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if a kid does that, it's pretty serious if it's actually exposed. It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't exposed, because no one knows about it, but once it's out in the open, it becomes a possible threatening situation. Perhaps the kid was mentally unstable and could become the next school shooter.

kenar, Rickymex and Evil_Ginger like this.
  9. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobexpressionless: The school just did that to protect themselves from being sued in case that kid actually does do something. And by something I mean "bring a gun to school and kill people." It's far-fetched but it has happened.

10. babbo3d

babbo3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the stupid one was your brother, have you not seem the series, your not supposed to tell people that you have a death note. Otherwise why would light have gone through all that trouble.

11. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    True. I could understand if he was writing in it at school or waving it around and boasting about it, but if someone just nabbed it and snitched, well...

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN and readerz like this.
  12. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he's basically carrying around a notebook saying he wants to kill these people. I can see why the school is a bit concerned. He'll probably be made to see a shrink before coming back to school.

13. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah, I get both sides, but having your name written in a death note is pretty disturbing... I mean, to the kid it might've just been a way to vent out stress, but to the people who're written in it, it's the intent to kill, or at least a wish for their life. People who write names in books like that already have a little something wrong in their head, what's there to push them to going on the next level?

I mean, it's like they watch death note and learned absolutely nothing at all... =_=

14. aracgnidus

aracgnidus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Roooh dont be like that it's like kids that use stick like rifle

Evil_Ginger and readerz like this.
  15. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagining killing someone and writing their name in a "Death Note" you keep on you, and especially letting them find out you wrote their name in it, are completely different things. The latter is essentially walking up to someone and saying "I want to kill you" or "I want you to die." .. Obviously not cool, bro. Those kinds of imaginings are best left in your head, not written down for people to see.

Suspension justified.

16. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, it is because its a physical manifestation. People can see physically that this person wants them dead. Who would like to be with that person.

Think of it like a letter of someone threatening to kill you. If you received one, you will also be fearful (or think it is a joke). But still, it is a manifestation of the desire so it would have more impact than a the desire that only stays in one's mind.

kenar, Westeller and Evil_Ginger like this.
  17. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    Suspension for something like that?

That's like suspending someone after reading their personal diary. Did he go showing people or something? If he did, that' different.

But if he were just caught writing in a corner... he could have just put it as, it's from a Movie/ Anime and it's for a game. *lie his butt off*

I understand why people would be off put, considering all the bullying and mass shootings in schools the past decade, but suspension is a breech.

For something like that, it's like saying, "I can suspend you for not just following policy, but for not being who I want you to be"

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  18. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Kids are stupid but when you put it in a physical form that holds your darkest thoughts and negative wishful thinking towards the deaths of those near you, you're basically setting yourself up for going down multiple downward paths.

People have a right to feel threatened since their names are written down in a book that is meant to kill in a fictitious anime, even if it's just stress release, the fact he even created it is warning signs enough

I like potatoes

kenar and Evil_Ginger like this.
  19. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there's too much tradition in using your fingers or a stick as a gun or sword to compare them.

20. TeaNinja

TeaNinja [Chuunikage of the Hidden Teapot Village]

Reading List:
    Link
    The real issue isn't about the death note killing someone; it's the fact that the kid even wrote names into it. I've seen people having "death notes" before, but it was only something they bought for fun, props, or just really, really needed a notebook to write notes in. Maybe the kid don't really understand the concept of death, but it could grow along with him and become an actual death note (hit list).

I'm glad they suspended him; it could be an opportunity for him to get professional help.

kenar and Evil_Ginger like this.