(Monthly) Short Story Writing Prompts Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by AliceShiki, Oct 22, 2016.

?

June's Topic!

Poll closed May 21, 2018.
  1. Fictogemino

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. The Hero Proposed to me, but I'm the Demon King (or queen!)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Lights Out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sinners

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Continue A Story (Feel free to choose any of the 3)

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    nvm

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally read it!!!! \(^^)/

Took me way more time than it should... :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

I think it was really nice Action-chan! Anna was a really belieavable character and I had a few good laughs in at least 2 points of the story, it was pretty great! *hugs*

Action likes this.
  3. kryner

kryner BYSTANDER BY NATURE

Reading List:
    Link
    Theme: September 2017's theme: A Volunteer of Death
    Genre: Mystery
    Word Count: 1555 words
    Title: The Gun and the Toy
    Synopsis: He meets up with the mysterious woman who offered death.
    The Gun and the Toy

I felt empty as I heard the bells of the church rang. It echoed throughout the whole area as if death has come. Indeed, death has come for me. Not in robes, not with a scythe but a gun and a bottle of whiskey. A killer with long blonde hair, chiseled face, and pale skin that made candy for the eyes as I stepped on the church and the graveyard flagstones.

The Bell's ding-dong made my steps lighter. The pale skinned woman with long hair waited near the church. I ambled slowly as if this was my last steps to death.

I had nothing at all. I don’t have any diploma or skills that could help me in the real world. I am a man who has given up in this world. And now I march at the hands of a beautiful grim reaper.

This grim reaper of long blond hair has posted something absurd. She has announced on that printed paper that she will offer death to those who need it. The details were rather simple. She wanted to help poor sods like me who could not take the bullet or the blade to the wrist. I am a failure and I who had no courage now steps into this gloomy place to be killed.

I accepted the proposal of this woman. She would kill me. But before that, she would hear why I accepted. She wrote it in one of her requirements. It was treated like a joke but I who had nothing to live for accepted it. I prayed for it and hope that she will do what she says. If not, then I might as well return home and wait for my death.

I arrive in front of the woman. Her round eyes glance at me. She was pale and deadpan. She has this beautiful and cold aura around her that would make anyone swoon for her. If I wasn’t depressed, I’d say I would have my heart beat for her. Yet my vision, my monochrome world filled with gray could only see this woman as my hope for peace.

I see the world as gray, lackluster, and lacking any beauty. And this woman right here gives me the color that I need. The prayer and the hope of everlasting peace through the death she will offer.

“So you are the one that accepted my offer? Why?”
    I nodded my head and answered. “I want to die. Is that enough for a reason?”

She slightly squeezes her eyes. “Yes, that is enough. But why are you willing to die?”

“I have nothing.”

She scanned me from head to toe.

“You look really pale and unhealthy. I could see that you have not been sleeping. The bags under your ears, that rather reddish bump on your wrist, and your rough breathing suggest insomnia and lack of sleep. I could also smell of a typical prednisone taker on you, which means that you are taking steroids, and the way you walked here seemed to be rather slow and unsteady, your eyes were looking at me but at the same time, it was looking a thousand yards away.” She took a breath, “You looked like a hopeless case.”

I grinned, “What a surprise. I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t.”

“Indeed...tell me though. Why die? Why not persist and struggle to the end?”

She asked me. I thought for a moment, crossing my arms. I could struggle and indeed persist. But the way the world works and the way I have lost everything makes me think that I could not do it anymore. So I answered.

“Miss, if you are watching a shitty movie you didn’t choose to and you hate it already. What would you do?”

“I would leave.” She said.

“That’s right you would leave.”

“But leaving will waste my money,” she added. “So I might as well at least watch it.”

“Indeed, that could be.” I smiled weakly. “But think of it this way. I hate the movie watching. I despise it and want it to end. I could choose to watch it with my eyes wide open. But what would only mean that I would suffer? So why suffer when you can just head to the exit of the movie?”

“I see, so you are saying that you want to leave the movie you are watching right now?”

‘Exactly Miss.”

“And you are here, knowing that I will provide the exit?”

I nodded gently.

“I see.”

She closes her eyes for a moment and then spoke, “Do you want a bottle of whiskey first or a smoke?”

“You have that?”

She nodded. She then grabs the bottle of whiskey and handed it to me then searched her pockets. I expected a cigarette but what she took out was a cigar that seemed to be branded. I took the cigar too. I smelled it, and then chewed it before asking for a light. She gave me a light and then she stood still, watching me smoke the cigar and drink the whiskey.

“Mind if I take my time?”

“You can. I will be taking your life and even someone as hopeless like you deserve this.”

“Hah, funny how my grim reaper is the kindest I have met in my life. It makes me really think.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes. Never was a person that was kind to me other than my mother or my cousin.”

“Where are they?”

I pointed at the sky.”

“I see.”

She became silent. I could see her hand on the gun. It was a silenced .22 pistol. Her hand was on the trigger already. Maybe she is waiting for me to finish as she would blow my head up?

I chug the last of the whiskey. I chewed on the cigar while thinking of particular scenery. It has been long since I smelled the ocean. I remember an old harbor made of gravel and cement. Every Sunday I would go there along with my old friends. We would jump at the end of the harbor and race back to the shores.

I remember that memory fondly. I also remember my first toy. It was an action figure of the Hulk. I carried that toy around for most of my days. And now that I think about it, it should still be in my bag. I searched my bag for it and it was indeed there.

“Is that a toy?” she asked.

“Yes, it is my first toy. Mind if I take it with me?”

She didn’t reply. She kept silent with her head slightly tilted to the right. It looks like she didn’t understand me. But even so, I pocketed the toy within my body. I am taking it with me.

“Are you done?” she said.

“Yes,” I replied, patting the dust off my thighs and then standing in front of her without any trace of fear. I really don’t fear her. Oddly I should be scared but yet I do not fear. I could look the woman right in the eyes. Her stolid expression and her round eyes were so clear. Dying by the hands of this lady seemed heavenly.

She cocks her gun. She pointed it on my forehead.

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yes.”

“No regrets?”

“I.” my head suddenly thought of something, “no, I have no regrets.”

“Any last words then?” she said.

“Thank you for doing this.”

“I see.”

I could feel her trigger finger itching. I close my eyes and waited for death.

And then I heard a bang.

I woke up feeling my forehead sore. I squeeze my eyes open and saw a paper taped onto my forehead. I removed the taped letter and then read it:

“Dear Sir, although I wanted your life, your childish affection for your toy was rather fascinating. I wondered how a man can be so attached to such object and your willingness to take it to your grave made me curious. It was peculiar and strange. I did not see any fear in your eyes. The fear that I wanted to see for my first victim, it was rather dull. I wanted more and as such. I am changing my mind. I will be taking your toy and will be leaving my wallet and my gun. You can freely use all the contents of my wallet and if you choose to. Use the gun to yourself. But I will tell you this. If you want to die with your toy, then come find me. I will be waiting for you or would you allow yourself not to be buried with your toy I wonder?”

The letter ended. I found myself dumbfounded, staring at the letter. I feel tears pouring out of my eyes, the whole letter. The absurdness of its content made me flabbergasted

“WHAT THE HELL!”

I shouted.

“WHAT THE DO YOU MEAN BY THIS!”

I shouted. My eyes raged and flowed with years. I could feel fury and hotness flowing in my veins. My weak-willed body suddenly burst into a state of tranquil fury.

“Damn it! Fine, if you want me to find you then I will! I will take my precious toy back and I will have you bury me with it!”

I stomped on the ground. I then saw the world back in color. As if there was switch on my head that was turned on, I stride back to the gates with my steps heavier.

And as I stride, I heard the bells of the church. My heart was beating lively and for once I felt alive. As if a mission was given to me.

Ruyi and Anon2.0 like this.
  4. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy fuck, that twist.
    That was brilliant.

5. Myross17

Myross17 [Queen of Underworld] [Immortal Cultivator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Theme: A Volunteer Of Death
    Genre: Mystery
    Word count: 969 words
    Title: The Secret of Death
    Synopsis: A psychology student named @Tony with her best friend started an investigation in their campus about the famous killing happening in cheerleading squad students. Will they be successful in cracking the mystery and find the famous killer?

I was in our college department library reading some fantasy book tht my friend recommended to me. As I was absorb reading the important event of the story, I heard a scream.

I frowned knowing that this is a library and knowin how scary the librarian when it comes to quietness, someone scream. As I think that someone will get scolded or worst, ban to enter the library, I look to where the scream came from.

I notice some of students frownng and whispering to that place. Maybe the librarian was giving her punishment to the student but what actually welcome me are not some scolding nor punishment but a death of a female student bathing on her own blood. I actually want to puke because nausea. She's not only bathing on her own blood but her own eyes was remove, her tongue was cut into two, and her intestines was scattered in the bookshelves.

What kind of person who will kill someone like this? He's a monster!

After that day, the library was closed for investigation. The sanctuary I have is not available for the time being but... something happened.

Just like in the library, another girl died in restroom. Her eyes remove, her tongue was cut, and she was naked were her lower part were crushed while her panty was inside her mouth.

I am now afraid, this kind of killing is scary.

Since then, I always have my pepper spray in my pocket. The government is now thinking whether to close the school for investigation and some family agree with it.... but the start just started for only a month and the school don't want the students to slow or hinder their hunger for knowledge (pshh! What hunger? We don't even want to go to school and you just don't want to bankrupt)

But as months pass by, the killing stop but the investigator can't find the killer. What kind of slow investigation is this?! Anyways, the school and everything is back to normal or so what we thought when the killing started again and not only one victim but two!

But one thing we notice. Those girls who died are member of cheerleading squad and the famous 'It girls'. Not only they are what men called 'beautiful' and 'sexy' but they are daughters of rich family. They are also nunber one bully in school so the detectives are starting to investigate all those they bullied and one of them is...... me.

I was monitored by them. Do you think I can kill a person? Hello! Yup, I hate them but that doesn't mean I can kill a person. I can't even kill antonio (cockroach) of course I can't kill a human! What kind of mind do you have?!

Anyways, my world was disturbed because of this killing so I started my own investigation. I ask my best friend. The number one gossipmonger in campus, she knew evey dark secrets the famous students have. Don't ask me how she do that. She's a journalism student and I am a psychology student, and the two of us started looking for the killer before he started his next victim

"According to what I notice, the killer obviously hates them"

"Duh! If he don't hate them, why who he them?" My friend rolls her eyes

"Shuddup! Then what would be the reason the killer will need to remove both their eyes and tongue?" That's one of the most I notice. They have different in other parts like their limbs are remove, their intestines scattered, their lower oart are crushed but all of them have both eyes and tongue remove.

"If I am the killer and I will remove their eyes and tongue....because they witness something I did and I don't want everyone to know this?!"

My friends eyes lightens up. "You're right @Tony ! It should be one of our clue but... knowing the character of those bitches, there are lot of those they bully and blackmail. So, how can we find the killer?"

"Aarrgghhh! This was actually hard!"

"But don't you think, maybe.... just maybe, the clue might be in those body?"

"Hmmmm maybe? According to my professor, those killer has a pattern when they killed and their behavior will show on how they kill a person" I remember on how the killer killed them. "Removing and scattering might stands for anger. The eye and tongue because some secret don't want to spilled. The panty was on the mouth of the victim and her lower part was crushed..... maybe because there was some s*x thing happened. A s*x video, perhaps!"

"Then what was the reason of removing the limbs?"

"Wasn't the victim whose limbs dismembered was the leader of cheerleading squad. Remember her face was some knife wound like the killer was actually jealous of her. Don't you think?"

"Oh... you're right! Maybe, the killer was not a 'he' but a 'she'!"

"Think about it, there is some jealousy, s*x, and blackmailing in this scene..... what was the behind of this?"

"My best frien tilted her head then scratch her neck, "third party?"

"Exactly! I think there was a third party where the CS (cheerleading squad) leader, her boyfriend and some unknown girl are connected to the killer!"

After we were talking, we forgot that we were actually under surveillance that the policemen who was monitoring me heard what we've been talking and reported to his superiors.

A week later, the killer was found on the process where she will planning to kill the CS leader boyfriend.

The officials rewarded us for cracking the puzzle of this investigation and that they prevented another death.

We don't know that this was actually the start of our exciting adventure that will bring color to our boring life

It was my second time I join here and I hope that I made the right story this time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: anyways, I am not good in mystery so I was hoping I made something interesting to read

6. HELLiCOPter

HELLiCOPter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Theme: A Volunteer Of Death
    -I looked at the mirror. Eye sockets without eyes , bald skull and no skin.
    I smiled and smashed this piece of glass. There was not even a drop of blood.
    -RAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! - , I cried.
    -HEY , SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!! We are trying to sleep.
    -You wont see the next sunrise! - I whispered and took the cigarette in my bone mouth. I went out to the balcony and then I heard a gunshot.
    -What did I say?

-After a couple of hours-
    -Well , now you understand , well good journey , brother.
    I came inside the room and tried to find some cash. What even if I am Reaper I need cash to buy cigarettes. Oh what a surprise , journals , journals of course only to adults.
    -I hope he have some cash.
    -Rigi?
    -Oh , man , its you again. Dude, let me be , I am doing my work.
    -You dont do it properly!!!
    -What do you want from me? Scaaar? - ,I said to the crow with red eyes.
    -Let me show you.
    -We dissapeared from that room-
    -Man at least say me when you will teleport us!
    -Look.
    I look at the black shadow in front of me. I felt a fear and disgust while looking at that thing.
    -What this , Scar?
    -Fallen soul.When reaper dont help the soul in proper way they became like this. In this state they can hurt people.
    This black thing made a shriek and burst to the road. It glued itself to the truck , now it was going without brakes on the little girl.
    -No , little girl run. I tried to help her , but she did not even see me.
    I am just a shadow - I said to myself. I saw how truck stopped , Scar stopped it and cut that black thing with his feathers.
    I just put on a hood and walked away.

-HEY!!! Rigi!
    -I know! I will help the souls , Scar.
    -You better do it , boy.
    -Yeah , yeah ,shut it up , gramps!
    I light up new cigarette and looked at the sky. Town is sure beatiful , when it snows like this. I looked at my watch. Why I am on this
    street? Why she is still here? I turned back and went inside the first bus. " I dont know where I am going, but this does not matter, where I will be always will be death" - I thought and tried to sleep.
    I woke up in the bus , because of the smell. "Oh my god , I dont believe actually someone will die here in the bus?" and then I saw the car going straight to us.
    -Oh ****!!!! Why I am so lucky?
    Well lets count broken back , 3 no 4 ribs , leg in three places and hand in two. I recovered in six minutes , but sure this is painful process. Three , four okay fourteen dead souls. Thanks at least others came to help , but why only left is a little girl?
    -Hello , dear! Are you lost?
    -My mother said that I must not speak with unknown humans.
    -Can you see your mother?
    -No , my mother left.
    -Oh then maybe I can help to find her?
    -Yes, grandma said she is at hospital.
    -Oh. Thats good then lets go. - I tried to smile and gave a little girl my bone hand.She took my hand.
    -I want you to do one thing. Think about your mother. Remember your voice , smell of her hair , her smile and close your eyes.
    * She closed her eyes and we disappeared from that place*
    I kept her close to the mother. I knew why she is in the hospital; she is in coma. I just let her be.
    -Mom , I meet a good uncle ; he is grumpy , but he is a good . He is just dont want to others know he is good. I know I am dead , mom. I came to say goodbye. I will meet my father , do you remember when you said that he is gone, well mummy I will also leave you. But I am big girl , I am 8 years old * hiccup* I wont cry I am big gill.
    I cant watch this. I took the girls in my arms and she started to cry. She cried , cried with her soul. She was sleeping when man came to me , he smiled and said:
    -Thanks , man. I will take her now.
    I did not know him , but I felt that I can give him this girl. When she finally found herself in her hands , she mumbled: "Papa!"
    -Yes , princess *tssscccchhh* we are going home.
    I looked at the them and prepared a new cigarette.
    -HEY! YOUNG MAN , WE DONT SMOKE IN HOSPITAL!!
    -Sorry , maam. But could you please look at her? - I pointed at the mother in coma. She clearly was waking up.
    -DOCTOR!!! PATIENT IN COMA!!!!
    I smiled and disappeared in the crowd , with ciggarete in my mouth.

*Inhale*
    *Exhale*
    -Hey , Scar!I can see you from here. You know?
    * Crow flied closer to me and looked *
    -What? Nothing ? Maybe you will something ?
    -... you know what I love in children like she is.
    -You talking about that girl?
    -Precisely. Children like her can see what we cant. She will become an angel , Rigi, You are ...
    -No no no no no no !!!!
    -Rigi , i think....
    -Scar , STOP!
    -Look I am soкry for rising my voice , but I am good. Take care , gramps!
    Old crow looked at the young boy walking away. He is a legend, from the beggining he knew only how to kill and destroy , when he died there was not any memories of peaciful life . One of angels took him under her wing. She died protecting from the horde , from that moment his life changed. We erased his memories , but when he became a normal , he asked them back.
    -Leonora!!! You would have smiled , if you saw him right now...
    Rigi did not choose to reincarnate , he volunteered to became a reaper , guide to the fallen souls. He is still working , 125 years 8 monts and 13 days . He still ... trying to please you Leonora. He volunteered ... he still bear a burden.

Well I finally found a time to write something. I hope I understood topic right.

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Genre: Suspense maybe?
    Word Count: 880
    Title: A Victim A Day Keeps The Boredom Away

*knock knock*

"Who is it?"

"I'm here to be killed!"

This must be a joke...

"Go home kid, I have better things to do."

"I'm serious! I saw the announcement on the journal! I'm here to be killed!"

*sighs* "Alright... I'll open the door for you."

*blink blink* "A girl...? Wait, that wasn't what I expected at all!"

"... What? You're a girl as well anyway, what's the big deal?"

*pouts* "I thought it was a man posting the announcement though..."

"... Does it matter?"

"Of course it does! I was hoping you would abuse me over and over again before killing me! What's the whole point of coming like that...? Such a bummer..."

"What are you... You know what? Come in for a bit, let's talk."

"Talk?"

"Yeah, like what we're doing now, but sitting, on a couch if possible, standing like that is annoying."

"But wasn't you going to kill me?"

"Haa... Talk first, kill later. You don't have anything better to do anyway, do you?"

"No, not really..."

"Good, come along."

I went back in and she entered too, after closing the door I led her to the couch and sat down in front of her.

The girl was on her teens, should be around 16 years old, looking from her clothes, she seems to be from a well off family... What is she doing here?

"First things first... Why do you want to die?"

"Does it matter? I just want it."

"Yes it does, senseless killing isn't that fun, you know? Give me a reason to do it."

"... What kind of crazy killer are you?"

"The selfish kind, the one that doesn't feel satisfaction from killing someone out there in the street."

"Just what... Ah, whatever, I'm just tired, alright? Too many things to do, too much responsibility, too much pressure, too much annoyance... I'm just tired of all this shit, not like anyone cares about me anyway, they just care about their own image and how I affect it. Might as well go out with a bang then, at least I'd enjoy some pleasure before dying, but even that expectation seems to have already gone away."

"Ha...? That? Really?"

"Yeah, so what? Gonna mock me for it?"

"As if, who am I to mock you anyway? Why do you even bother with answering to all that shit?"

"Why do I bother...? What choice do I have anyway?"

"Whichever you want? What will they do? Throw you out on the street if you get bad grades? Pester you because you don't want to follow your family business line? Disown you because you refuse to marry to the people they want?

Those people are stupid. And so are you for listening to them."

"Wha-what do you know!?"

"What you told me. just that. Isn't it enough? Seems pretty silly on my view."

"Agh... Just get on with it already, you already got your reason didn't you!?"

"Yeah yeah, any last words?"

"... Nah, nothing really, nobody would want to receive them anyway."

"Nobody? Really?"

"Yep. They just care too much for themselves to look at me, it wouldn't matter if I was gone or if I stayed."

"And... There isn't a single one of those people that don't care for you, that you would still want to see again anyway?"

"That I would want...? Well... My little brother might cry when he hears of it... Would be nice to tell him to hang on..."

"Okay... Then why don't you go tell him?"

"Tell him...?"

"Yes...? You know where he lives, right? It can't be that hard."

"But but... Weren't you going to-"

"Listen miss, I put an announcement on the journal... Do you really think I don't have all day? Take your time, say your goodbyes, make sure the boy is okay, you can come back later."

"I... Alright... Then... I'll come back... Later..."

"Yes, do that, I'll be waiting."

"So... I'll... I'll... Leave..."

"Yes! Go right ahead!"

"Ah... Alright... Then... Goodbye miss killer."

"Bye bye!"

She left through the door and I heard her steps going away... Once I couldn't hear it anymore, I picked up my phone and dialed a number.

"Hello~"

"Listen Mathew, I know I did tell you that I would try helping in motivating people to look at the brighter side of life and to avoid suicide, but this is not what I wanted with it! 5! 5 people came on the first day! You'll drive me nuts if we keep up with this!"

"Come one Rose... You are amazing at what you do, you're our best bet..."

"No, no and no! Far too stressful! What if I weren't able to convince them to leave! A teenager came this time, and I almost almost almooooooost lost her. I'm not doing it again!"

"I... Right, sorry, we'll think of something else... Thanks for the help."

"Haa... No worries, I understand the police's concern with this, but this method is just way too crazy... Let's think of something else together, alright?"

"Alright... Thanks for the time... Coffee tomorrow at 6?"

"Sure, let's do that."

"Kay, bye."

"Bye!"

Good grief... Haa... At least I hope the girl got something to attach herself to... Psychology was a terrible choice of work... Or maybe not, I don't really know anymore...

This was... An interesting theme I guess?

I think it was one of the first ones that I had an idea of how it was going to end when I started writing... I mean, I can't really write as a killer, so my ideas were either to write as the victim or as a fake killer... I decided on the fake killer after the first or 2nd line, so I already decided them that it would be someone trying to convince people to not throw their lives away.

I don't think it was funny, or maybe not even that surprising, but I hope it was an enjoyable read at least.

The title must look quite weird... Well, it is weird for sure. Well, the idea is along the lines of this much stress definitely avoid someone getting bored... And also to show that the MC didn't quite dislike this work as much as she made it look like on the call... It is too scary for her to keep at it, but at the same time it gave her a nice feeling, the title is meant to reflect that a bit... At the same time, one a day can do that... 5? That's just too much.

Was one of my weirdest entries, and the title is just as weird if not weirder... Oh well.

8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I can tell you now, probably not a good sign that your story reminded me of Fatalpulse/Asanagi after the first line of dialogue.
    Still comedy gold though.

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea what those are! xD

Eh? Really? It was a good comedy? Yay! \(^^)/

10. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Just don't search them up. Promise me that, may?

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I was too lazy to search for them anyway! *laughs*

12. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Something I noticed in your work is the massive lack of dialogue tags, such as "She says" and so on. I think it would make your characters more expressive, like when the girl was blushing, as well as make the language flow more naturally.

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    You're probably right.

I just got used to writing either on AG or just talk to people on NUF, in this case I just use things like *blushes* instead of writing it out.

It's not very professional though, but I can use dialogue tags if I force myself... I end up just feeling lazy most of the time though... Teehee?

But I do think it would end up better if I did use them... orz

14. Heavenly_Curry_realm

Heavenly_Curry_realm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was dramatic.

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Original Story:
    Word Count: 2049
    Genre: Comedy, Drama
    Title: Life is Full of Sins, but for How Long must they Haunt us?

"It's your fault! You should have come sooner!"
    "I-I'm sorry, I-"
    "I hate you!"
    "No! Not that way!"

I ran, I ran as quickly as possible, I needed to fetch her, I needed to stop her, if she kept on going, it would... It would...

"No!"

The goblin appeared from behind the bushes, I should've gotten there before the girl, my legs are longer, I'm faster... Why is she even farther than before though...?

The hatchet was swang, the child's neck started bleeding, the look on the girl's face was telling me I failed... I failed... I failed...

I woke up. The sun was still rising, and I was covered in sweat... *sighs* Another night with a nightmare... 2 years already, isn't it enough?

After taking a bath, I went out to town, people were gathering, it was a a lot more hectic than normal... Why is... Oh yeah, Dragon subjugation, I forgot somebody decided to anger the god of the mountains... Great, thanks for that, let's hope to not be one of the people that meaninglessly die for nothing... Haa, who am I kidding? We're all dead.

Trying to talk a bit with the others, didn't yield much result, hopefully I could end up in a party or something, but everyone's mood is the about the same as mine, so they aren't bothering that much with organizing themselves. Well, almost everyone, one idiot or another were looking forward to an easy life after selling a few dragon scales... Guess they'll be the first to die, oh well, not my problem.

Since talking to people seemed to be useless, I decided to do my usual routine, headed out of town, gathering a few flowers and then went to the church.

"Even on these troubled times, you still come my child?"
    "It might be the last, I should at least say goodbye, shouldn't I?"
    "You did all you could... It is enough already. You don't need to torture yourself up until your very last day..."
    "Sinners need to atone to what is their wronging at the very least... It's the least I can do..."
    *sighs* "How many times did we have this talk already...?"
    "More times than I can count."
    "Please come in then, try to leave some good feelings behind."
    "Thank you mother Hellea."

The church's mother led me to the graveyard, I put the flowers on the girl's grave, kneeled and prayed.

Gods, please grant this poor soul a happy afterlife, may her luck in the future, be better than hers in life, let this poor sinner's fault not harm the innocents' deserved happiness.

It was my usual prayer, I had long ran out of things to ask or to pray for, so I just said the same thngs everyday, I hope the gods aren't bothered by it, but there is a limit to how many times I can come up with something to pray for.

I raised from my position and went back.

"Done already? The gods won't be bothered by a slightly longer one from time to time, you know?"
    "The gods should be busy with all the prayers for safety they're receiving, I shouldn't bother them with one more."
    "Silly child, your prayers would never bother them, you can tell them whatever you wish, for only them will never judge you."
    "I... Thank you for the kind words mother, but I should prepare myself..."
    "At least say something to her then?"

Sometimes I wonder if mother Hellea truly wishes for my best...

"I... I suppose it wouldn't hurt..."

Walking back to her grave was hard, every step was painful, every step felt like I was walking towards an abyss... How many times did I walk through this path? How many times did I feel this pain? I've never been fond of talking directly to dead, it's why I ask the gods instead...

I looked behind the tomb, and saw that there was a candle there... Mother Hellea is well prepared, isn't she?

I lit the candle with a small fire spell, the red flames suddenly became a greenish blue... Huh? Really? Such a waste of... Well, I suppose we don't really need to worry about wasting when we aren't going to be alive tomorrow, right?

"Hey... It has been a while since we last talked, hasn't it?

I wonder if you're well... Well, I hope you are at least... Today... Is probably my last day, I doubt I'll be here tomorrow again.

I'm sorry for not being able to save you, I'm sorry for not being able to pray for you anymore. I hope you have already found happiness now... And I hope that the afterlife is a nice place, because I'll probably be there soon...

Haha.. Kinda pathetic, isn't it? To die as an ant facing a giant, accomplishing nothing and dying a meaningless death... I suppose it only serves me right...

Take care, okay?"

I blew the candle out and moved away, the mother asked me nothing and just led me away from the cemetery.

And then, the ceiling fell, I pushed mother Hellea away, and then everything was black.

"Hey."

Huh?

"Over here!"

Who is...?

"Come on! You need to hurry!"

It's so noisy...

"You really want to see that graveyard gone?"

The graveyard...? Someone knows how to pick on other people nerves...

"Fine, I'll get you!"
    "Teehee, that's how it goes, come on, come on!"

I followed the voice, it was a calming voice, it made me feel everything was okay, she kept on calling me whenever I started to get lost... Before long, I saw light.

Light...?

My whole body hurt, I was buried in rocks... It was smelly... Charcoal's smell... Damn, did the dragon get here already? No wonder the ceiling fell...

I couldn't see mother Hellea anywhere, maybe she went out to give people some blessings... Tsk, I shouldn't have kept her, the warning told us the dragon would come in the afternoon, curse those bad predictions.

Alright, so... How to get out of this mess? Can I move my left arm? Ugh, no, broken... Right one? Oh, good, it moves, what a nice start, then... Throw those things away!

... If there is one thing I need to thank my mother for, is that a troll's strength is definitely practical... Never understood why she married a human though. Well, no use worrying about that.

So, I'm out now, the church is in flames, and the graveyard is... Oh, goddamnit, already burning too? Screw you dragon! At least let the dead rest in peace!

I rushed to the graveyard with a rock on my right hand, it was hard to hold it, but I didn't really care I started hitting the fires with the rock, erasing it.

"Not here, there! There! This solves nothing!"

Stupid voice... What can be more important then-

"Watch out!"

I jumped away by reflex, a breath of fire hit the place I was in a second ago... I looked up.

"Oh, so that's what a dragon looks like? How pretty..."

A gigantic lizard with 4 legs and 2 wings, with a few dead bodies hanging out from its scales... Oh hey, I knew those would be the first ones to die, I was right!

Escaping reality will do me no good, will it? How wonderful... So... Dragon in front, burning graveryard all around, nobody nearby...

Okay, so... Rock, do your magic, erase the fire!

"The-the dragon you idiot! There is a big dragon over there!"

"I can't kill a dragon... Might as well just try to protect what I can."

"Y-you're hopeless! He-here it comes!"

I looked up again and saw it swooping down, fire aiming at me... Uhn... Rock shield?

... Surprisingly positive results, I think I just lost my left arm for good and my right foot... That's better than expected I guess, I din't really expect to survive this wave. Now what about the next...?

I started jumping on one leg while still holding the ridiculously hot rock and started erasing the fire again.

"J-just try to attack the dragon or something?"

"Yeah yeah, that will totally work, what do you want me to do? Throw this rock at its mouth?"

"Why not!? What if it does work!?"

"You're definitely positive... Oh well, I don't think I'll survive the next one anyway... I might as well give it an indigestion or something... Oh hey, it is back, take a rock for me, will ya?"

I loosely threw the rock towards its mouth, well, loosely because I had no footing or anything of the sort, I still could put some power because I have a good amount of strength... Oh hey, fire coming, bye bye everyone!

"... You really going to keep sleeping...?"
    "Sleeping? I died, didn't I?"
    "Yeah? So...? When are you waking up?'
    "Haa...? Can't I have a rest even when dead?"
    "Not before you marry me!"
    "Wait what the hell!?"

I opened my eyes and saw a blueish transparent figure in front of me, a small girl with a long white hair.

"Good morning sleepyhead~"
    "Morning? The moon is up there in the-
    Mo-more importantly! The hell with this marrying thing!?"
    "Oh, ghosts can manifest more easily on the night, basic knowledge, you know?"
    "Don't ignore my question like that!"
    "Oh hey, look! The procession is coming!"

She started floating away...

"Wa-wait a minute!"
    "Come come, hurry up!"

She went to the top of the graveyard's walls and pointed somewhere, I sat next to her and looked.

"There, it's beautiful, isn't it?"
    "It is... They're alive...?"

A large group of people was carrying plenty of coffins with them, they had lots of candles lit up and I could see lots of clerics around... It was a pretty, and solemn sight.

"A few. Turns out a melted rock on a dragon's throat can actually make it hard for them to breath fire, who'd have guessed?"
    "... For real?"
    "Yep! Congratulations heroine! Your efforts will never be told because nobody saw what gave the dragon a coughing fit, but hey! You saved the town! Be proud of yourself!"
    "And I only had to die to do that... I guess I'm a Martyr then?"
    "Oh, who cares about these details anyway? More importantly, when do you want the ceremony?"
    "Ceremony...?"
    "Of our marriage!"
    "You're back to this?! The hell girl!?"
    "Oh, come on! What was I supposed to feel after 2 years of seeing the same person over and over again, every day, praying for me and only me. I can't go keeping childish grudges forever, you know?"
    "Wait, you're..."
    "The girl you failed to save? Yep! Name is Aria, pleased to meet you Nalli. So... Which day is good for you? I think Wednesday would be nice."

I'm sure my cheeks were deep red by now... Wait, can a ghost even get red...? S-stop running away from reality me!

"Wha-wha-wha-what!? Ca-calm down! I-I can't-"

I was kissed, my lips were stolen by a girl that seemed about half my age...

"Teehee, was that your first? You are really cute, you know?"

¨($%*&%&¨$%(&$*¨

"What kind of crazy ghost are you!? You don't just kiss people without warning like that! You need consent!"
    "Oh, stop whining, I already arranged everything, you're marrying me this week even if I have to force you! I even got a god to host the ceremony, you won't run away now! I already waited long enough!"
    "Wha-what about me!?"
    "You can get used to it after our first night, I bet I would be able to make you fall for me then~"

If ghosts blush, I'm surely as red as a tomato now.

"Ju-just what the fuck kind of child are you!?"
    "The kind that had 2 years with nothing to do to learn eeeverything I need to make you feel great~"
    "Wai-wait a-"
    "Now come with me, I'll introduce everyone to you! Hurry up hurry up!"

She held my hand and started flying back to the cemetery, the procession was just entering, but I guess we won't pay much heed to it...

With this, ended up my story of redemption, and started my love story with a selfish ghost girl that did things at her own pace... But I guess that's a story for another day...

This kind of came as a sequel to an alternate version of the last story I guess... They really have little relation with one another tbh, I think the MC's personality is also quite different... But you can say she changed a lot on the last 2 years or something... Well, the idea was that the story would be understandable by itself without really reading the last one, so they ended up not that close to one another...

Oh well, I had fun, maybe one day I'll write a yuri ghost love story, I've wanted to write one ever since I read Honey Crush some years back... Dunno tbh! xD

leegood likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm... It was interesting, but it also felt a tad weird...

I feel like the title could be a bit more mysterious, and then, the fact that he was watching a video could've been something shown only at the end of the story... Like, making us feel like he is actually interacting with his daughter for most part, only to have us discover it was a video all along.

The ending though... At first I thought this was a video of his dead daughter, that he was seeing over and over again... Then this suspicion became kinda strange with the thing of her wanting him to come back home... And with the mother apparently being addicted to alcohol and all... I think this had plenty of potential by itself, but you decided to end it with a joke instead... Dunno, I think it would've been more interesting to try and develop it seriously instead. The whole story had a very serious tone to it, so the joke at the end didn't mix in very well...

At least that's my opinion on it! >.<

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  17. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll remake it later, Can I delete the story and post a better version of the story on later?

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Your choice Lee-chan! It's fine to keep both versions, or to just keep this one, or to delete it and post it later! As long as you're happy with it, it's all good! \(^^)/

19. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    Kay~ I deleted it~.

20. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    May I ask that you delete the quote in your response or the response itself...
    There's not much of a point If I delete it and it's still up...