Will you graduate from your hobby for Someone sake

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Clozdark, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Now the world isn't an ideal place so I don't know if it is "right" to keep hobbies like being an otaku a secret. It certainly would be great if the partner is accepting of it, but what if the relationship is great all except the fact that one is an otaku? Should secrets be kept to keep a relationship? Should we strive to have a relationship of full acceptance? Are such relationships where compromises are everywhere fine? How happy should a relationship be? Should we strive for what we feel right and break an "unfull" relationship? Or is it okay to be in a relationship where you're not fully happy? Is it just how love or life is? Or should we strive for better and what makes us the most happy? Not everyone can get a relationship they are content with. Is it wrong to be not content? I don't know and maybe I never will.

2. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You start slow with the soft stuff like SAO and Attack on Titan, then start escalating it slowly but surely to Bleach, Naruto, then go more obscure to some Doujinshi from Ken Akamatsu and then finally you introduce Shadbase if she stuck with you till the shad reveal she is a keeper and your matrimony will last even in hell. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3. InternetHitler

InternetHitler Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah sure lusting over a 2D girl.
    Pathetic. Whatever justifies your morbid obsession.

4. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    I work hard for the sake of my hobby so no

5. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    There's always a dividing line on everything, once you crossed that line. Then you would be like that guy or worse. Always remember a hobby is a hobby, obsession is obsession.

6. Kami.samaaa

Kami.samaaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whelps even if I really like a certain activity, I will stop doing it frequently if it interferes with my goal of paying my parents back. Like I owe my parents so much and I feel guilty when I'm fooling around. That's why I stopped reading translations all the time(i only do so for 30min max per week now). I slowly switched to English books because they can improve my shit writing

And my parents' health ain't too great so I would rather use the time I have rn to study my arse off and repay them, before focusing on myself. My opinion tho idk about yall

7. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh woman. Men should do what men loves to do.. I change because I want. Not because someone else.. I change because I want to having harem. So I change... But you couldn't force someone against their will... The funny thing is if you change, other will follow you.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19637.png hobby for me is something I do on spare time for my own entertainment~I know when and how to enjoy it~
    self control dood~
    it's not like my hobby is killing other or make young master coughing blood~
    rather than graduate, for me my hobby just change along my age cuz my experience and knowledge affect it~ despite some just can't changed still why I need to change if it give no harm for me, my life and other? if it just irk other cuz they thing it's disgusting or not appropriate for my age then 19667.png

9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Clozdark
    Is compromise a choice here, or do you want to know what we would do if we had to choose between keeping the hobby or absolutely not having any of the hobby?

10. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    compro...mise? what's that? can you eat it?

11. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing where you don't totally drop the thing but you sortof somewhat drop the thing that the other person is bothered by so that the two of you can have a thing where you both are ok with each other on the subject of the thing that started the whole thing.
    And no, you cannot eat it.

SenjiQ likes this.
  12. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're saying it's some kind of new way for neither person to get what they want? Kind of like if they gave up the hobbie but got dumped anyway, but more work?

13. nexusmadao

nexusmadao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if we read novels as a hobby or we are obsessed with them. :blobwoah::blobwoah::hmm::hmm:

mir likes this.
  14. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why you should find someone with the same hobbies as yours, friend.....

15. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, it's like if each person wants the slice of cake, but instead they each get half of the slice. Neither gets a whole piece of cake, but neither is left without any cake.

16. Too Honest

Too Honest Creature of Repressed Desires

Reading List:
    Link
    I giv anything for a gf. My hobby? Not anymore. Because my woman would be my everything. I would smother her so much that she would realize how much it means to have our own time by ourselves and wouldnt mind me sharing "excess love" with my waifu(which i dont have).

17. Tenor

Tenor Hard Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just sad.

18. igiveup

igiveup a good boy

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on how hawt and cool she is, I could change my lifestyle significantly if she was 10/10 enough.

Becuse it'd possibly imply babies, which requires money and ton of time and soon you would have barely anytime for your hobbies anymore anyway.

If this girl dressed like that all the time, with the white hair, even I ur father, would consider it for example. :blobnosebleed:

https://i.imgur.com/ZNvFdvw.gifv

19. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    First off, why did she even date him if she discovers that he like those stuffs? Its like dating a normal guy who turned out to be a psychopath later on.

No one should judge what person likes or dislikes just because he's different. As a guy whose been shunned by all his life just because he's different from others, you don't need to judge people because he's weird. Either break-up or accept him for himself. Also, i accept myself for who i am. Since i was born like this, raise like this and die like this.

20. EROgeX

EROgeX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My brethren

Do remember these words well . . .

You shall never change yourself for others . . .

Change for you, yourself . . .

You would not regret anything you do if its for yourself . . .

For the only one who would not betray you . . .
    Is only yourself . . .