Is there a way to remove chapters from your reading list ?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by FranckOA, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,
    A serie I was following has recently changed of translator team, and the new translator released chapters that are unreadable for a non-native english speaker like me (for me it's just look like a nonsensical random strings of words).
    "Even if he saw the situation of us because the race did not feel anything even if saw a male and female eyebrows of any different race, the state did not change anything."
    As I mistakenly marked those chapters as readen on my reading list, I would like to know if there is a way to unmark these as readen, in order to know from when I'll have to start over the serie if properly edited chapters are released one day.

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    that feels like pure mtl. If so it shouldn't be listed.

SayMrrp likes this.
  3. SirPinha

SirPinha #Vaporwave

Reading List:
    Link
    Even for me, this is hard as fuck... Wth?

4. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go to the series page on nu and recheck the chapter you were on before that...

AliceShiki, runsing and FranckOA like this.
  5. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    if its a different team then the group sharing the links should be different?

I believe you can filter that groups releases away so it doesn't appear. but I think i only tried once before a while ago and cant remember the exact process.

6. FranckOA

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, it worked perfectly (y)

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    That translation is definitely MTL.

8. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    I found it.

on the novel page listing the chapters, top right of the grid are 3 icons, click the left one that looks like a nail/funnel. that lets you choose out of the groups who contributed, which chapters you want to see listed.

9. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no point. If another group releases the chapter again, it will show as a new release on NU so long as it isn't a direct copy of the old one.

10. FranckOA

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the translator is pretty upfront about the fact that this is a MTL and he is working to improve his japanese comprehension, his english is way too struggling for me right now, but some readers seems to be able to understand what he wrote and started to help him edit his chapters and he happily corrected them according to thoses comments so maybe he'll get an regular editor sooner or later...
    But as he doesn't repost the chapters it will be usefull for me to know from where I have to start over.

I don't think this novel is popular enough to be taken over by some other group and the corrected chapters start to be closer to reach my readable treshold with each edit so I don't want to hide the chapters he released. @SnowTime gave me the answer I was looking for :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    SayMrrp and AliceShiki like this.
  11. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    rechecking the chapter is not a permanent fix. You can filter the releases for that particular series, so that the release by a particular series can only be listed, and the other ones are hidden from you in your reading list.

12. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly speaking. a "translation" from MTL that first appears like that will be trashy garbage right to the very end. all these suggestions and edits won't make it any more accurate to the source, it will just attempt to make sense of the junk the machine threw up. there's no point in waiting for future edits to improve it because history in NU has shown time and time again. MTL'ers in the majority do not care about going back and touching up the quality and accuracy. they just care about reaching the end and feeling the sort of contentedness that comes from getting to the end of a difficult project.

13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to know it was solved already! \(^^)/

Btw, you can find what chapter you were in more easily, if you go to http://novelupdates.com/reading-list-logs/

Good that you already remembered the point you were in though!

FranckOA likes this.
  14. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread has been resolved and seems to be going off topic with a lot of posts about machine translation. If you guys want to discuss that, go do it in another subforum. Novel Discussion, if you want to rant about this novel in particular, or Novel General if you just want to rant about machine translation.

runsing and AliceShiki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.