LCD The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaiki, Dec 11, 2016.

1. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, it depends if you can trust the clear conditions.
    It's not just "find" but "find and eradicate".

2. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the clear condition is one or the other, not both. Normally just getting along with the others and surviving for a week would be enough. And before you go "but it's too easy" don't forget that the player would be the most suspicious of the group and therefore it's likely that everyone would normally gang up on the player. It's just that this guy is a bit OP and able to beat up everyone else there all at once. He's likely aiming for a perfect clear the way he usually does, so he's trying to kill the doppelganger and only the doppelganger. He might give up on the seventh day and just kill everyone though.

3. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    He's probably gonna have to kill all of them, or he will start killing and just get lucky. Knowing hell difficulty, they all might be doppelgangers, or the doppelganger might turn into him and he has to fight himself.

4. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or we were watching from the perspective of the doppelganger and our MC is in another room and he has to smash through a couple of walls to get to this one.

5. jimjimgimp

jimjimgimp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, too much meta for that to happen

6. moridin84

Reading List:
    Link
    That would make the second clear condition "find out that you are the doppelganger and... kill yourself?"

I think the clear condition would be "find the doppelganger" if the player was the doppelganger since both we and the characters in story would fill in the "kill the doppelganger" ourselves.

7. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I'm not saying he is the doppelganger, I was just saying that he's the most suspicious person there for reasons the knight described in great detail last chapter.

8. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah! The tutorial couldn't be so simple after all. This stage is basically, 'realize that the doppelganger is hiding inside you, get beat half to death without actually dying, and get the doppelganger defeated right after.'

This is tricky in several ways. First, you had to realize the whole thing. Second, you either had to get rid of everyone else first, then torture yourself until the doppelganger comes out, or manage to start a situation where the others are willing to torture you without wanting to outright kill you (when in fact most of them would likely just try to kill you and be done with it). Third, the doppelganger must then be defeated. But you'd normally be tortured half to death by then, you'd be in relatively poor shape to face it, so ideally, the others should all be alive to handle it instead.

That other girl in the tutorial must not be too happy about such a stage. Last I checked, she didn't have the MC's masochist tendencies. xD

9. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pain resistance grind fest upcoming?

10. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    so the point of this floor was to overcome the will of the doppelganger, and defeat it. it seems he didn't even notice the doppelganger's existence until he tortured it though lul. the doppelganger also has spread it's influence to the other party members? i think the others are gonna end up seriously hurt or dead from the death of the doppelganger.

11. He

He Stop using the net, you net addict.

Reading List:
    Link
    The only flag is for the Holy Knight though. If he is dead and leave remains like Idy, exposition machine GET!

12. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    i want it to be the female mage, so she can teach him magic, and be another source of comedy for the perverted voyeur gods.

13. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh hoho, he was right, there was more than one doppelganger. These critters are Tough though. The mage went through two magic backlashes but the doppelganger still didn't come out. If MC didn't have Soul Steal, even if they defeated the Doppelganger there, he'd still have failed the quest.

As usual, these quests are total rip-offs. xD

14. moridin84

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not surprised that he is the first person to clear the stage.

I think the archer girl will pass the stage by using magic to find out who the doppelgangers are. Something the MC should be able to do himself, he did learn magic perspection in stage 15 right?

Also, the adventure god looked at the MC in "expectation" in regards to the mage before right? It really was because she was the doppelganger....

15. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the couple of last chapter were great, really the hardships of hell dificulty never cease to amezes me, well the double demons play was interesting, I will admit that I am sad about the mage but oh well, wondering how will he deal with the tomes that the demon copy for him. So if I understood well the 16 floor basically means that every floor he impersonates an diferent avater?? So what happens with his original body??? The avatars he posses what happens after he ends the floor??? I he actually possesing someone or they are only construct for his use in the floor????

16. He

He Stop using the net, you net addict.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hee....? I'm confused. What prevents him to not kill the doppleganger and failed the quest?

17. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way Kiri Kiri questions him when he returns implies to me that she thought it may have been the doppelgänger, not MC. Maybe if you fail that floor the doppelgänger takes you over and continues in your place.

jirka642 likes this.
  18. moridin84

Reading List:
    Link
    What did you get that idea?

That's an interesting either. However, if you fail a stage you return to the waiting room. Kiri Kiri only appears when you complete a stage.

Of course, it is possible that you can pass the stage by defeating one of the doppelgangers, that you don't need to defeat the one in your head.

19. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing from the stage can come back with you. That's why he needed to bring his own pen and paper to copy the contents of the magic books the mage had.

jirka642 and Overclock like this.
  20. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm i feel like that floor was a hard stat test or something, like if you haven't gotten "this" strong by now it just smites you out of the dungeon.

or it was some weird time-warp dream state that he won't remember for some convoluted reason.

on a good note, more kiri kiri!