Spoiler Overlord vol 12 content discussion

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Lazypioneer, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Lazypioneer

Lazypioneer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that the vol 12 is out, what do you think about it?
    Do you think Neia will die next volume?
    Who does the doppelganger transform to?
    What do you thing ainz will die from?

2. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Neiawill die, doppelganger was perhaps the captain (explains only her living while the queen and her sister died)

I'm losing interest in overlord honestly, the MC doesn't seem evil when it shows his thoughts but he keeps doing extremely evil actions and writing them off for stupid reasons, like his order to spare nobody despite seeming to like Neia, because sparing nobody looks better than only taking a liking to one human?

3. Riff

Riff Squirt Like a Turtle!

Reading List:
    Link
    >i think she would live since she is given a bow from Ainz himself, she might use it and topped other humies performance while focusing on defending Ainz.
    >the doppleganger might be the captain since it was implied he could bypass karma equipment (holy sword)
    >from battling Jaldabaoth? then Momon would come challenge him? Ainz could be resurrected anyway

4. Riff

Reading List:
    Link
    compared to most good samaritan JP MCs he might be evil but he is a ruler not your average "nobody to famous MC", a kingdom doing expansion is not uncommon and you cant just ask politely for them to be subdued without bloodshed either, not to mention he plans to build utopia so he needs much more resources, fame, and manpower.
    to me the conclusion of vol 12 was excellent, why? because by ending it with having Neia's fate undecided it creates an engagement with the readers, would she live? die? or turned to the undead? its an uncertainty rather than just giving her a safe pass which would make the next volume more predictable.
    There are some ppl who complained Ainz's decision regarding Neia, but looking at Ainz's position he doesnt know Neia's inner monologue unlike the readers (so most ppl would tend to be biased to her) not to mention she didnt actively doing much beside staying close to ainz while giving him her natural murderous glare all the time, also Ainz whole attention was focused on his role to make the plan constructed by demiurge to work rather than to put attention to humies he barely knew.

5. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If he wants to expand, he can easily conquer everyone, kill all the nobles and provide a good life for the regular citizens, i honestly don't see his goal, does he want to be seen as a good guy or something? He's undead, he will never have a good reputation among the people until they experience life under his rule.

Ainz has said that all he wants to do is live with his "children" which would be the members of the tomb, so why does he feel the need to butcher millions of people? Fact is, he's evil, but he seems to be unaware of how evil his actions are, and that annoys me.

6. Riff

Reading List:
    Link
    you seem to forget about Ainz's personality, he underestimates himself and always worry about the risks involved in any ways. the reason SK choses behind the scene method was to avoid any hidden super power ex; dragon lords or players, especially since Shaltear incident where they still havent found the culprits, so doing a frontal expansion without casus belli would be dumb and provoke unnecesary problems.
    Ainz never said he wants to live with his "children", what he said and aimed was to make his "children" to live in prosperity and spread the name of the guild to find out if there is any hidden players in NW, for that he needs his expansion. Millions of people is so overestimated, the most casualties happened was in war between RK and BE (180k+) and it was war, people kill or to be killed in it, do you think they would stop the war and instead held a friendly competition between the strongest guys to avoid killing like any other generic novels out there? thats unrealistic and nonsense. Ainz is not unaware about his action, rather he doesnt care about casualties on the opposite sides, its mentioned many times that he would do the most efficient way to benefit his kingdom even with the cost of more lives.

7. teasky

teasky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought volume 12 was one of the worst novels released. It was basically a filler novel even worst than volume 11 which people hated. 400 pages and nothing happened. I blame the publishers for splitting the book in 2 parts.

8. Lazypioneer

Lazypioneer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see so from the word she was being rude to ainz, the fact that she somehow survive while others died and the karma weapon it's custodio.
    I though it will be caspond since caspond is the one to suggest a defense battle in the city so that demiurge can show his minion army.
    I'm thinking neia tried to provide support to ainz and got attacked by jaldabaoth and ainz tried to cover for her and died because of that.
    I think that will give more impact on the fact that ainz protect his "Vassal" with his life.
    Just Imo tho

9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope that Demiurge overthinks himself again and thought that Ainz saying that there's no one that follow him loyally on the human side, Ainz himself is testing Demiurge if he could see/discover the people that become loyal to Ainz.

alamptr likes this.
  10. Antu

Antu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe Neia will die.. how many good character die after a chapter on this novel do you think ?
    but don't this story start to be too dark ?

11. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing I didn't like about V12 is that it prolonged the most important question from V11, what happened to Ainz?!
    But yeah V12 was pretty neat, specially the inner monologue of rationality vs blind faith.