Discussion +a no Tachiichi *Recommendation

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by justreading-phantomhive17, Oct 18, 2017.

1. justreading-phantomhive17

justreading-phantomhive17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was really hooked up at this one manga, which was fan-translated, and I was wondering why it wasn't so popular even though the story is quite fresh, as the mc didn;t seem like a mc at all, lolol, she was a tad bit cowardly, as she was thinking of way too many possibilities of failure--

But other than that, one will like her even more, well, you'll be slightly frustrated at her 'side-character mindset'

At the very end her mini blessing from the god ran out and she was sent back to her previous world, which I think has a continuation > This, Techigai desu ga, Heroine desu. https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=134514 AND NO ONE IS TRANSLATING IT! I CAN'T EVEN GOOGLE TRANSLATE IT! HNGGGGG!!

Will just leave this here, XD

2. RTS

RTS ☀┩ îИϑîℂ✞υƧ ɛӼքʊɢռǟȶօʀ┡☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh, female MC! It's not for me then.

3. I your Father

I your Father Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the end was half assed

4. maninova

maninova Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I didn't like 90% of the characters and MC wasn't that great either but I really wanted to read more of it, for some unknown reason...

5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    It was good the 1st half.
    Then I found the characters beside the MC really annoying, then the whole different power thing.......Anyway, for the 1st half then it's good, but the last half then it went downhill.

6. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont read female mc

7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :love: Yes I read the A+ manga. It had a good start but somehow petered off and the ending sucked.

8. MrGreenApples

MrGreenApples Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same...

9. Arryn

Arryn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but the thread necromacy, but I have just read the manga, I want to say: It really left a bad taste in my mouth...

SPOILERS AHEAD:

Nobody ever thanked Satoki for her work. Nobody ever apologized for kidnapping her and involving her in their problems. All they did was to show contempt towards her and tell her she wasn't good enough... How could she get over her lack of confidence when she receives no positive reinforcement whatsoever?

From Kusha, who never bothered to explain her what she new and sent her to the kitchens (SHE SENT A PERSON MAGICALLY EMPOWERED BY THEIR GODDESS TO THE KITCHENS!!!!), to Miva, who treated her like crap and never gave encouragement despite the fact that SHE WAS SAVING THEIR COUNTRY, to the head maid, who treated her with contempt, to Roswald, whose first reaction upon meeting the two women summoned from another world by their goddess was to tell Satoki that she was plain looking (what an ass!)... every treated her like shit.

Hell, when Miva thought that Satoki was the real deal, and Haruka a fake, he still treated Haruka more kindly... despite wanting Satoki to step on the role of the real Holy Maiden! How can you expect her to get over her issues, if even you, who believe her to be the Holy Maiden, treat her as a worthless piece of crap!

Ironically, the only one who showed respect and sympathy for her was the demon prince. He want to marry Haruka, but he still told Satoki how awesome her power was, and showed her respect, even if his way to do so was to tell her that he considered her his main rival...
    Hell, even the fake Holy Maiden, the slave girl Luce, a supposed selfish, amoral character did more to lift her self-confidence than the people she whose kingdom she was trying to save! Luce told her "your power is like that of a God, you can do whatever you want! You don't have to follow their orders!"

F**k all these people! F**k them with a shovel!

You know what would have been awesome? A story about Satoki, Luce and the Demon Prince having adventures around... They did appreciate how awesome Satoki's power was. If they had been the ones summoning her, she would have gotten over her confidence issues eventually...

10. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand your frustration,but please don't spam it multiple times in other threads.

11. bochucha

bochucha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about Tenga then? Was he never on her side?

12. Mandyj

Mandyj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So chapter 13 made things a little better with everything.

It seemed like her master might have liked her? Please tell me the squel goes on about that. I read the summary and I'm afraid I might be disappointed.

13. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is certainly a necro, but oh well

The sequel has a different MC, so the story won't be about the two of them
    but Satoki and Miva will appear as side characters. Somehow she comes back to the other world and becomes a member of some neutral organization related to portals along with her master

14. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never thought or expected that anyone would mention or talk about +a no Tachiichi.

I have almost the exact thoughts when I read this shitty storyline with a very rushed ending. Can't agree more.
    Couldn't stand how so many characters can treat the protagonist Satoki as a doormat that much. :blobangery::blobangery::blobangery:
    It made so furious that the narrative doesn't allow her to fight back/stand up against everyone who disrespected and used her.
    She never retaliated and always blamed herself.....:blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil:
    In ch13 when Haruka the supposed Fake Holy Maiden came back and apologized for just shouting at Satoki... It was very unsatisfying and unearned.
    And I still don't get how Satoki can even think that she treated the Heroine poorly??? That doesn't make sense!!!
    In the end the poor MC lost her power and Haruka became the real one..... As she wasn't that privileged already.....

Here are other Isekai Novels/Mangas where the MC gets summoned with another girl:
    • The White Cat That Swore Vengeance Was Just Lazying on the Dragon King’s Lap (Girlboss Heroine gets her Revenge.)
    • Seijo no Hazu ga, Douyara Nottoraremashita (A Worse Trashier Version of White Cat - Everyone sucks! The MC is so nerfed.)
    • The Knight Captain Wants to Monopolize the Girl Who Had Glasses (FL is a dumb pushover nice girl.)
    • Two Saints Wander Off into a Different World (Two equal asserative grown up protagonists that are close best friends.)
    • Isekai Trip no Wakiyaku datta Ken (Both summoned girls are also BFFs. MC looks like a small moe child that needs protection.)
    • The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent (I Deteste the Red Haired Crown Prince Kyle Salutania in neither adaptations!)
    • Isekai Omotenashi Gohan (Good Supportive Older Sister MC who can win over anyone with her cooking.)
    • This “Summon Kitchen” Skill is Amazing! ~ Amassing Points by Cooking in Another World (Cute Wholesome Polar Bear Knight)
    • The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World (Upbeat Adult Outdoor Enthuasist with Camper-Van)
    • The Affairs of the Other World Depend on the Corporate Slave (BL about a mature overworked smart sneaky Male Accountant)

I guess 'The Vengeful White Cat Lounging on the Dragon King’s Lap' is the anthesis to Satoki's nightmare.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  15. Arataka

Arataka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +a no tachichii was a good story. Protagonist was funny and real, but her low self esteem was a direct consequence of being treated like an extra her whole life. Even if she's in a new world, there's no way you forget. And especially not if even complete strangers treat you like that as well. I found Satoki funny and different. Haruka's character is interesting as well (the whole idea of her acting dense because she's been babied her whole life and has never been in real high stakes situations) and the artstyle is gorgeous.
    It's a lot better than those cringy amateurish cliche-riddled stories that pop up nowadays imo.