Discussion Adwalls - The Lock Symbol (Qidian)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Queen of Sheba, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen of Sheba

Queen of Sheba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's surprising that the topic so easily veered off course, from the realm of malpractice, to what seems to be a triggered reaction to 'adwall' (which seems to be, 'suck it up, it's better than paying for the chapters').

From the few sensible replies though, it seems that it's an exploitative technique used by whomever posts the chapter releases. Purposely omitting the information that the newly released chapters are adwalled. All in order to lure greater number of prospective readers into adwalled chapters. Since in the end of the day, out of ten such lured readers, at least a few may play the adverts.

It's about principles in the end, as well as ethical business practice. This is quintessentially false advertising. Classical baiting. To say it's free, with the price being felt afterwards.

There was also someone whom defended the ever increasing number of adwalled chapters. It's funny then, how these so called bonus chapters, seem to be following the same schedule as the weekly-scheduled releases. Monday, adwalled, Tuesday adwalled, and Wednesday adwalled. These really don't look much like bonus chapters.

For those whom bothered to actually read the question asked. Thank you for enlightening this ignorant soul!

sebastin25, Mangochic and Spiritsong like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmm... Seems like it still wasn't clarified? A bit unexpected.

Well, the answer is actually pretty simple, what tags chapters as adwalled aren't people (mods have better things to do), it's a bot.

The bot isn't perfect though, there was a wave of complaints back when the adwall was introduced, so Tony made it in a few hours, there are some flaws on it and it doesn't always gets the chapters.

As for what you can do about it? Report any chapter you see that is adwalled, but isn't tagged as such, I'm pretty sure mods can tag it as ad walled for you.

This is how you make a report on NU:

[​IMG]

Please don't make a thread to report the problem btw, that form is there for a reason, mods will be notified a lot faster if you use the report form.

torac, runsing and pinkrainmi like this.
  3. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not a huge problem and I hate qi, but you can skip after 15 of the 30 sec's also on some ads you can skip after 8 sec's
    but having the mute button under the skip button is still pissing me off more, you don't even need to view the ad, you can get other chapters ready to read as they just play on a diff tab, and it's better then paywall or a VIP bs that could be in place

4. Queen of Sheba

Queen of Sheba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering this is an epidemic problem. It would take consistent reporting by every reader to make a difference. So basically, the solution is to report each individual chapter for not possessing the symbol? That would be two to three times for each novel. Sounds great.

5. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    I find all this discussion about locks and adwall chapters to be neither here nor there.
    Well...... For all intent and purposes: QI is a for-profit corporation and is here to make money, not to placate "ain't giving money to you" readers.
    It's not like QI is fantranslating stuff for smiles and giggles and don't hope for anything in return.
    So just enjoy the current 4 adwall chapters. One day it will be 8, then 16, then 32, then 64, then all of them, then Trump wall which you had to finance. You can yell as much as you can, but their novels, their money. It's elementary, Watson-chan.

6. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    8 adwall chapter for hidden marriage. But more than 10 chapter release yesterday so i cant complain :blobparty:

7. sebastin25

sebastin25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn is amazing how there is a lot of ppl than didnt read what OP posted

8. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no i think, most did but moan about a problem here and not on the qi forums could be a problem to start with and also its only 8-15 sec's out of you life to get a free bonus chapter (when you hit the skip button)..ok for new novels their is a bug that can course all of them to be ad locked ..but once again that should be reported on their site and not here , it's still better paywall or vip bs , and if its a problem here with the bot that's used missing a few of the ad-walled release's then report it here...but it will not fix the problem as it's basically not NU to start with its qi's as normal

9. darkqi

darkqi His Majesty, Ji Ning's Immortal Servant

Reading List:
    Link
    did you know that you can "watch" all the ads on your computer? just ctrl+tab through each tab and click the "watch ad to read chapter" button and then go do something for 15 seconds (read a chapter from anywhere without an ad) and then ctrl+tab again clicking the skip ad button. then you can just read everything. Qidian gets paid and you get "free" chapters

10. Vishaakha

Vishaakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Use your spirit stones. You get 12 + 5 stones daily. :cookie:
    If that is not enough install the app. You get (12+5)*2 stones daily. Once from browser again from app. :blobwoah::blobwoah:

11. elitesaint

elitesaint Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care how many of their lock or adwall chapters but it's shouldn't show with regular chapter. Can you delete or hide them.

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Ninth Mountain

Ninth Mountain Bezgranichnyy

Reading List:
    Link
    psst...

come here..

Someone posted a certain something to handle the adwalled chapters, it involves grease and monkeys and scripts *cough*

14. Teisen

Teisen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i prefer a pay wall more then a add wall i hate adds.... but until that day i keep making fake accounts on QI ^^

15. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanna say 1 thing which i found illogical so i had to comment on it, all the new chapters feels like bonus and so are ad walled is because, you are already x chapters ahead of the schedule and any new chapter will make that chapter ad walled and the oldest ad walled chapter to a normal chapter, that is how a bonus chapter works, so if you never wanna watch ad walled chapters, never read the bonus chapters, in novelupdates you can select in your settings to not display ad walled chapters, hopwe that helps :)
    its no mroe 12 but random, but you can do that thrice, from browser, mobile browser and application

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.