What is Windows 10 error 0x80070003, and how do I fix it?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by pariahsmile, Oct 19, 2017.

1. wolfypaws

wolfypaws Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer windows 10 rather than windows 8.
    8 is just slooow...
    For the UI issues, it depends on you version of windows. I uses windows 10 pro build 1607, its quite similar to windows 7.
    Just turn off windows update and it'll be fine.

2. Teleclast

Teleclast Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly there are a few sites for these that are amazingly helpful, and when you have a problem you will find a few wise sages that help us peasants.

Best thing you can do is first google your issue well "W10 0x80070003 update" and you will probably find some starter solutions, keep in mind that most error codes can still mean a variety of things, it's not going to tell you the root cause, but similar to how you go to a doctor with your 'problem' or 'error' if you will, you can usually get the issue resolved with the combination of this and some troubleshooting.

I'd highly recommend bleepingcomputer. and/or websites like sevenforums , tenforums etc.

These tend to have quite a few people lurking around that will know your issue and similar ones inside and out, they usually only respond if they know what they're talking about, and generally will be basically one person handling your 'case' if you will, honestly they're better than most tech support you would call ;)

3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's called Tech DISCUSSION, not Tech Asking Questions Where The Answers Can Be Easily Googled.

Ai chan likes this.
  4. Jaikteis

Jaikteis 【Box-Lunch Connoisseur】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a fan of the UI for Win10 compared to Win7. I also do not care for Win8 and I suppose I would pick 10 over 8. However, I will eventually migrate to Win10 Pro after Microsoft totally stops all support for Win7 which I know is not too far off in the future.

One nit-picky thing about Win10 that I hate (and perhaps no one else may have noticed) is that when I perform actions that popup certain windows, the window looks like a slightly degraded print screen that is slight stretched to not have the same clean look that is in Win7 for the same window. Not saying all the windows are this way.

For some reason I also really despise getting any produced documentation in its final (hard-copy) form of a official or professional nature and notice the printing looks like shit, like when you can see the difference between a laser printer and bubble-jet printing. (Anyways, this here has nothing to do with an OS... so yeah).

But again, in regards to Win10 while I like some of the improvements made over Win8... I really dislike some of the restrictions made where you would need the Professional or Enterprise version to have some of the same options that are standard with Win7. In particular one thing is not having a simple control over automatic updates. If you have Win10 Home you can trick your computer using only a wireless network by making it think you have a metered connection which is on a per connection basis only. At least with Pro and beyond have the option of configuring the Local Group Policies for automatic updates.

Granted there are all sorts of ways to circumvent or alter how the OS operates to my liking. I guess I just don't like how they implemented certain restrictions and certain options I wish I had are in Enterprise version which requires a subscription.
    I prefer to outright purchase a license for software, not pay on it monthly...

Another example is the purchasing options with MS Office. I miss having access to software assurance that let you buy a perpetual license for a MS Office Professional Edition for lets say $20-something and that includes a physical disc on top of the download. Anyways... I'm just starting to ramble on and on... or rather perhaps I have been doing that for a while. So, yeah... that enough from me.

5. jw287962

jw287962 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that looks a little outdated oO. I don't even remember a windows 10 like that lol.

6. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Windows 8.1.
    No tablet bullshit.

7. jw287962

jw287962 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    o

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    No man. Just no. Windows 98SE was great. Windows XP was awesome. Say no to 3.1!

9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Windows 7 is still the winnah! I'm so glad I didn't 'upgrade' to Windows 10 when they insisted me to last time.
    [​IMG]

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I was playing Destiny 2 on ps4 the other day, and some random guy was playing with his username as the serial for XP that everyone used at the time to pirate it. Kind of funny.

Ai chan likes this.
  11. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I had XP til recently, it threatened to kill itself if I didn't upgrade...:blobsad: