Question Joy of life...Harem?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Herrweisch, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herrweisch

Herrweisch Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, i want to start this novel but I read in the reviews, that there is polygamy and harem. Is that true, is there really polygamy in this novel?

2. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he ends up with 4 or 5 wives

Herrweisch likes this.
  3. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    jeeze... I thought you were saying that harem was your joy in life and I was ready to exorcise your soul

4. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem is Life !!!

Werewolf, Gitami and Alchemist_God0 like this.
  5. jeskai729

jeskai729 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A good harem is life. however, there are a few harems that are questionable

6. Alchemist_God0

Alchemist_God0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there are more then just a few that are questionable.

7. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    @Herrweisch , there's no harem uptil now. Dunno about the future.

The MC had an unrequited first crush, but I can guarantee that she won't be part of the harem.

Currently, just one girl. MC and the girl both like each other. And their interactions are really cute! :3

The novel is pretty good. Try it for now. I won't say the characters are completely fleshed out, but they aren't flat either.

Herrweisch likes this.
  8. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree

9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Well to be fair, compared to your avatar it's kind of hard to be properly fleshed out. :hmm:

leegood and Jaded like this.
  10. Jaikteis

Jaikteis 【Box-Lunch Connoisseur】

Reading List:
    Link
    What constitutes a 'good' harem is relative to the individual(s) involved. Regardless of any commonly perceived benefits of a harem, it seems there would be diminishing returns as the partners increase. The central individual of a harem only has so much time available for each partner. Of course, the manner in which the harem operates or what the central individual and partners expect to get out of each other does play a factor. If the person is, let’s say, an emperor then aside from a few particularly favored harem members who perhaps could be considered more as wives, then others might just satisfy a simpler physical and emotional role and in return live a more than comfortable lifestyle. Going beyond that type of harem, to what may be a smaller, and more easily managed group where each partner is able to function as more a wife than royal concubine, you still have potentially complicated group dynamics where the various partners compete for attention. Also, depending on the personalities of various members it certainly can get all the more complicated in resolving any issues.

I'm not going to say that having or being part of a harem is wrong or impossible to accomplish with a relatively high satisfaction of each person. I just know that I prefer to minimize on unnecessary complication and more than one wife such as even two leads to what I shall call as 'double the trouble' and adding additional partners just exponentially increases such troubles. I don't mind reading about the ups and downs of a protagonist with a harem but as amusing even if in an unfortunate way, I can still sit back and think 'not my wife, not my problem'. I don't even want to have to consider the issues of resource management as it applies to providing for a harem, to say nothing of the time management component, especially in the instance that there is no expansive financial resources such as being the emperor and it’s all just an expenditure of the empire.

So with all that said, I leave the harem business to the professionals. However, we can reassess the feasibility if I ever reincarnate into a life and world where that seems more of a common occurrence and there is some need to produce several children beyond what one wife could handle. Still, I feel as long as I have my current memories and personality then one still seems enough given the probability of achieving an ideal harem lifestyle. I would rather have some awesomely overpowered 'cheat' skill(s) provided by a god. But that is a whole other conversation.

11. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. This is the real polygamy that some people are trying to avoid. 4 wives anyone?

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you read the first post of each thread before you comment on them, would help you avoid typing out walls of text that have nothing to do with the thread.

... The title is quite misleading though.

NarutoVineeth and CaptainToast like this.
  13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It must be tough, having to eat four sandwiches :hmm:

NarutoVineeth likes this.
  14. Jaikteis

Reading List:
    Link
    While my 'wall of text' may not have centered on the core questions of the OP it did relate to the topic in general as well as several other short responses and as you mentioned the title of of the thread does seem to go more along such lines. To that extent, I would disagree that it had "nothing to do with the thread." I'm not sure if its due the quantity contained in my post versus others who had less and mentioned content that had little to "nothing" regarding the thread topic and so you found my post in particular troublesome. However, I understand your concerns and thank you for your input. I can take it into consideration when composing future posts.

15. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it was mainly because you made a huge wall, if people go and make a one-line reply, I just assume they read the title and replied right away.

When someone makes a well thought reply, I expect them to read the first post at the very least... So your reply struck me as weird.

17. Jaikteis

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough, I could/should have quoted a few of the other postings that my post related more towards which may have helped to mitigate any issues or sense of a 'weird' reply. So noted, I'll try to not just hit the reply button for threads and do so for specific posts in a thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.