Soshite Shoujo wa Akujo no Karada o Te ni Ireru

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Shuchou, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Shuchou

Shuchou Simplicity is the easiest path to true beauty.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Guys! I just Want some ppl to know the reason why no one translating this novel.

Many wanted this novel to be picked up because the previous translator, Kahoim dropped it. So hmm... About 1 month ago? Or 2 or something.. I posted Kahoim's work to my site because I'm about to continue his work. But sadly, well yeah you might also call it a terrible shame. Because the Author doesn't want it to be translated. She personally said it herself. Something like she talked about it with her editor or something and they finalised that, they don't want it to be translated FREELY. Talk about troublesome. I'm pretty sure I posted the chapter 15 of soshite but I deleted it the next day. So it is really a shame. And I'm pretty sure that a hell lot of translator want to translate this but just .. Welp can't be help. if someone wanted to persuade the Author then you might start now. Just don't irritate them.

Also I'm going to try "Breaking Off The Engagement" because she seems like Aika-Chan. I finished translating the chapter 3-4 but really a shame. I didn't know that someone already picked it up. Cuz I'm so occupied reading CN novels. F***

DCLXVI, haweii and estelion like this.
  2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah so that's why~ I find it weird why kohim want to delete NU I see btw is this series got LN or something?

3. Shuchou

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember it correctly, I think none? Oh about the editor thing. I'm not sure about that cuz I don't remember it. Considering how good it is, maybe its not too far.

4. estelion

estelion Magna Cumlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Because for "http://www.novelupdates.com/series/soshite-shoujo-wa-akujo-no-karada-o-te-ni-ireru/", in late January, the author wrote a post that went,

January 31st, 2016
    Good afternoon. It's been a while.

I'm sorry for not updating for so long. While I'm speaking, there is something I'd like to ask of you all. This month I received a message from somebody overseas, apologising for translating my story without permission and publishing it on the internet.

After that, they asked me for permission as well, but I refused.
    I'm happy that she said that she wanted people overseas to read my story as well, but please don't do things like this without permission.

Also, please don't translate my stories, or anybody else's stories without permission in the future either. We have lots of circumstances of our own as well, and I have the copyright as well, so please.

http://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/125975/blogkey/1335601/

Phantom Starlight, Sircus and asriu like this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    that's ...............
    don't you have same case before este?

6. Shuchou

Reading List:
    Link
    But I don't think there would be any problem if you picked this up, I think? Considering how Holy Sheeprabbit is, maybe author-san might reconsider this.

7. estelion

estelion Magna Cumlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, no. At least, nothing like this.
    My authors were indifferent or supportive.
    You could just try asking the author yourself. It wouldn't be very different.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    please respect the author wish~ well if someone can convict author then it's good or like LMS case? japtem only got permission til vol 20 but someone just do it~
    I see maybe different site heck I forget lot of thing since go to NU

9. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow what a messed up author.. Not like translator profiting lol

10. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Im not saying that people SHOULD ignore this letter but they COULD if they want due to to copyright isn't a global thing as many of you assume but its connected to the country unless the writer took a copyright in all countries in the world (Aprox 8-9k$ per country) which I highly doubt. FYI the translators translating novels aren't breaking any law unless they are copyrighted in their country. Even then! if the posted translation is on website belonging to a country where the story aint copyrighted it also legal.

So it all comes down to most writers begging, not threatening to sue a translator.

As for this letters I will just say the writer seems like a berk, it smells of greed and ignorance.

11. estelion

estelion Magna Cumlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you need to be more understanding of cultural differences. It wasn't just the author; heaps of commenters were condemning the translator too.

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    (¬‿¬) heh~ that's really something~
    sigh IDK how to respond and don't want to know how they condemning the translator

13. Nikko Anderson

Nikko Anderson The Second Apprentice of The Fourth Librarian

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's better to give up....

14. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    For what? I don't even know the story or the translator. Im just commenting on the reply from the writer here. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then Im pretty sure its not a goat.

15. estelion

estelion Magna Cumlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Except that it doesn't walk like a duck or quack like a duck, dumbass.

16. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you need to be more understanding of cultural differences. Where I live, we have logic!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test

17. estelion

estelion Magna Cumlord

Reading List:
    Link
    "logic"
    Where I live, we call you "culture-centric" and "entitled leecher".

Let's talk about logic for a moment. How is it that an author not wanting randoms to mess around with the fruits of their effort at all related to greed?

I also mentioned earlier,
    which you conveniently ignored.

Apparently if an author doesn't want to do what's most convenient for random foreigners, it makes them money-grubbing and greedy...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  18. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno the tone sounds like the translator got caught then asked the author "hey since this a good story and I already started translating and posting this can I keep doing so?" instead of first asking the author "please may I" she may have said yes.

Its better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission doesn't always work