Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild Receptionist Table

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was slowly enjoying my brunch with a book on my lap when finally someone approached me. He was a young adult, probably not even twenty, with standard-looking sword and shield equipped. I smiled and tagged the page before closing my book.

"Hello there. I assume you're here for that notice I put up."

10/10 would read again

Napknight likes this.
  2. hajiko

hajiko m(_._)m

Reading List:
    Link
    Long Story

After waking up on the third day and finishing my breakfast I went to the Guild to look for a new Quest.

At the Guild.

I went to the Quest Board like yesterday, where I found a few new Quests.

--- Mine 5 mithril

---slay 5 Lizardmen

---- Assassinate the Thunder Bird

--slay 10 kobold

--map drawing

Although I wanted to take it easy today I didn't want to mine Ore´s so I excluded it, then there were there 3 Quest´s for hunting Monster´s where I immediately excluded the Lizardmen one since I had enough of reptiles for now. After that there was the one with the Thunder Bird since I am a close range fighter I also excluded it.

So there only to left slaying Kobold´s and drawing a map.

While I thought that the kobold´s where perfect to use my Dog Beating Staff Technique but I decided against it and chose to draw a map.

As I went to accept the quest I was told that the map need to include the forest, the village, the volcano, the swamp, the mountain, and the snowy region. After hearing that I went to prepare my gear and food, since this Quest will take a few days.

After I did my preparation I went to the center of the Village the Church after getting permission from the pastor I climbed up the church and began to draw the outline of the Village first, after I the church as the Center I drew the other buildings. After I finished this I went ahead and wrote where which public building was like the Adventure Guild, Marketplace, etc. . After this I went out in the direction of the forest. About an half day trip I arrived there. As for the reason why it took so long was because I went ahead to draw also the way from the village to the forest as well as what there are in the surroundings, like a small lake or a few fields of farmland, as well as places which were occupied by monster´s.

This way If a Beginner Starts his adventure they won't go into an field which was occupied by monster without knowing.

After arriving at the forest I started to draw the outline of the forest as well as their natural entrance´s, by going around the forest. After finishing going around the forest the sun was already setting. So I quickly gathered a few fallen and dried branches and build my camp outside of the forest. After building it I spread a bit of an anti-monster powder, had my dinner and went to sleep while staying alerted.

The next Day I woke up early and eat a bit, after that I tidy up my camp and went into the forest. Since I have a strong body from my martial training which also included to Art of Qing Gong (Light-Body Kungfu) I jumped up the tree´s and observed the forest from the top.

Because of that I was able to see all the clearings as well as the river which is flowing through the forest. After doing the rough drawing form above I went into the forest from one of the natural entrance´s and started to draw from there while going in. After I reached a deep part of the forest a wild boar attacked me so I killed it and took it apart, and added this meat to my food rations. After that I went deeper into the forest while drawing the map.

As I finished drawing the forest map by about 50% I found a few herbs and spices which are delicious when added to meat or alcohol. With higher spirits I continued to draw the forest as I noticed that the second Day of the Quest was ending. So I eat and went to sleep after making my preparation in a clearing.

At the start of the third Day I continued to draw the forest which was also completed without problem, which also was the end of the third Day.

At the next Day I traveled to the snowy region after refilling my rations and draw the way and every Detail of the way to the snowy region which took me two Days.

So at the sixth Day at the Snowy Region which was damn cold I began to draw the map which was done quite fast since there was not much to draw beside a few hills and a frozen lake. So I could already leave at the end of the Day, which I did happily.

That Day I didn't sleep but traveled through the night, only after reaching a warm place around the mountain region I set up my camp to sleep.

With this the sixth Day ended and the 7th started.

After waking up I walked around the mountain and like before I drew the outline first, after that I climbed up the mountain and went to the entrance of the mine which I also drew on the map with a note of it. As I continued I suddenly felt a chill on my Back and looked back but I didn see anything so I went ahead and continued to draw the map while being on alert. As I reached the upper part of the mountain I found a new crave in it I found something like a bird nest and a few bone´s so I went in while being prepared to fight, but after I went in I noticed that this lair was already abandoned since a long time with that I let down my guard. After that I went deeper after taking out a new paper where I drew the inner part of this lair, which was to my surprise very deep but as I went deeper I suddenly smelled the stench of rotten eggs at which I blocked the smell by putting a cloth before my nose and mouth. Then I reached the end of the lair where I found nothing which could produce that smell. But as I saw that I was alarmed and ran out as fast as possible since at that moment I heard some kind of air leaking out of the ground in the cave which had that smell.

As I came out I went on to draw the mountain which ended without problem.

At the end of this Day I prepared my Camp as I felt the chill on my back again with this I was sure that someone or something was watching me since I entered the mountain. But I couldn't see or feel from where and who was watching me. So as I stayed alerted I rested in the camp.

At the next Day I left the mountain and traveled to the swamp there I smelled the same smell as in the crave in the mountain so I blocked my nose again. As I began to drew the map I watched out where to step and where not to and also wrote it into the map. As I went deeper I suddenly saw blue flames popping up from the swamp and prepared for battle but as I waited nothing happened beside those blue flame coming up but then I noticed that there was not foul smell here but as I removed the cloth I noticed that before the flame the smell appears. As I noticed that I remembered the crave at the upper part of the mountain so I immediately wrote down that that crave should not be entered with an open fire and I thought that I was lucky since I only used a magic lamp as light source.

With this in mind I continued to go into the swamp and avoided any contact with monsters while drawing the swamp with their territory marked on it. As I finished drawing the map I left this smelly Place after two Days of drawing.

At the next Day I went to the last Location the vulcano. Like always I drew the way and the surroundings of it. As I arrived at the vulcano I drew the outline and the ways which led inside the volcano. As I finished that I went inside and begun to draw. But as I reached the deeper parts of it, where I also got the fire crystal from my first D Rank Quest I saw nothing there was not salamander no crystal but only a black scorched ground and wall. With this I thought that there was only an accident where the crystals exploded and the salamander left so I didn't thought much of it. As I went deeper I noticed that there was nothing not one crystal or salamander so I was alerted, but while being alerted I didn't forgot to draw the map, as I reached the deepest part of the crave I saw an enormous lake of lava. After drawing it on the map I prepared to leave as I went around the corner I heard a sound behind me and looked behind, where I saw A figure coming out of the lava, as it came out I saw that it was like a being made of lava and quietly went away. As I left I vulcano I sighed and was relieved that nothing happened.

After this the Day also came to an end, so I went to sleep.

At the next Day I finished the map with the routes which I haven't drawn yet which connected the five regions with the village.

At the end of the Day I arrived at the Guild submitted the map and reported about the sighting in the volcano as well as what happened at the mountain just to be sure.

With this done I directly went to the inn eat and slept like a log in the soft bed.

3. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I find a little girl with black mage outfit. She haven't any staff. Clearly suspicious bullshit ability. Well, I don't think she have a ability will make mapping instantly. She seems notice me and close the book she was reading.
    "Hello there. I assume you're here for that notice I put up."
    "Hi. My name is SpearOfLies. Yes, I'm here for the mapping quest. Let's move to better place to talk." I invite the girl to the tavern.

4. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I asked the uncle at the inn to keep my meal for later. I picked up and strapped the buzz-saws on my back and followed Spear back to the tavern, sitting on one of the table and ordering a lime juice. I've had enough alcohol today.

"Well then, as I posted I can take you flying. How good are you at cartography?"

5. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    I notice the strange weapon. I thought it's just a decoration. I don't how she will use it but seems dangerous, very dangerous. I sit as well but I don't order anything.

"I have already draw the village. I live here so it's easy task draw it. Though I want to know why need draw a maps of village when neither city care of make one unless there are for guards or nobles" I let her see the map I draw.
    "I need you follow road. I don't think border is enought. Roads, villages, caves, rivers and lake is very important for a map."

6. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I downed the juice quickly. His map was finely made, way better than what I could ever do. Natural artist, I'm so jealous of them at times.

"Would you need to draw it on spot? Or perhaps a quick scan will suffice? I can do whichever you prefer." I pointed at the pair of smaller saws, about the size of plate, and they floated. "I have an appointment tonight though, so I hope we can finish it quickly."

7. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    I observe the small strange things. Her ability is make them fly? She threaten me? "Timewise the forest is hardest one from above. Volcano and mountain need just roads and cave, they can easily be seen. Swamp need just border cause I don't think there some friendly village to note and there are no road. Snowly region we just need note the nearest villages. We don't need go to far. Except forest, we can just quick scan. For the forest we need follow the main road and sometimes let me see from above."

8. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "Sure thing. Come then."

I walked out, then the larger saws unstrapped from my back. Each of it were as large of carriage wheel, not unlike what used in lumber mills. They arranged themselves into a somewhat circular large platform, while I stepped onto the two smaller ones.

"Well? Get on. I'll keep you from falling. There's a lot of places to cover."

9. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    are you going to take the mapping quest?

10. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh* "I guess you will be the party leader" I step on the large plat form. "Feel free to choose the road you prefer. I will draw it"

11. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yes." I scrutinize the obviously out-of-place pirates outfit. "But we already got all the necessary members. Sorry about that."

Turning to my cartographer, "We'll start with all the major roads around ten miles, then slowly fill in the in-between. That sounds good to you?"

12. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    "Not problem. Through we don't know how big they want the map. Let's draw how much we can." I take out three piece of paper and a quil and ink.

13. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Ever since the event from the fire crystal, myself have been waking up later and later. This time myself have waken during the evening.

As myself was remembering the previous incidence, myself's body was unsteadily moving toward the Merchant Guild to sell the remains of the salamanders.

-Merchant Guild-

With various races and positions,the Merchant Guild accepts anyone that is able to profit them.With【Money】hanging on their wall as their motto, they accepted and sold Phantom's loot.

And once again, at the upgraded marble counter was a beautiful elven staff.No it's a male,yes a male. A beautiful looking male Elf-kun. Muscles in the right place,tall and fit.Face well sculpted with masculine features and a mole directly under his eyes.Quite different from our place's Elf-chan. The elven staff from the Adventure Guild had androgynous features,not too feminine nor too masculine,around average height but also quite slim.With a baby face s/he looked young and outgoing but also elegant.Truly elves are wonderful creatures.

As myself turned to leave,the male Elf called out to me
    Apparently both elven staff were brothers.Yes brothers.Orz....fantasy ruined fast...anyway it's seems Elf-chan wanted me to accept a quest about Kobolds.

Thanking Elf-kun, with the adventure guild as the target,myself teleported.

-Quest Board-

Looking through the board covered in paper of requests, myself found the quest Elf-chan wanted me to do.

--slay 10 kobold (maximumadventurer points is 8)

Quest detail: after orc, goblins, and lizardmen, not to mention the new thunder bird flock, we have incoming danger coming from thekobold. They are known as an evolved species of wolf thatmanaged to walk on both feet.Beware of their sharp claws and fangs. We are hoping that the recent discovery of the kobold horde is just a moving group.

Kobolds huh..slightly more dangerous than my previous quest,but it can't be help.Elf-chan pleaded me and...this should cure my depress mood for a while.

Confirming the place,myself teleported and scanned the area.

Most of them are scattered across but there seems to be a group of them around the river.Food?Water?For hygiene?All the above?

Playing with those ideas,my eyes laid upon the 8 Kobolds and I....was shocked..Yes shocked..they looked hideous.Covered in who know what,their fur was ruined,it was not brushed at all,looking disheveled,scars all over their body,fleas and various dirt stuck to their fur.Their fur losing color and dried.And......and....and they....were mating.
    Unbelievable..unforgivable..they didn't take care of their wonderful fur at all!!!!! How could this be!!!! NON!! NEIN!!

Wrap in this fury,myself attacked the Kobolds still in pleasure mode.2 of them escaped.

Still in fury,myself searched for the remaining Kobolds.They seem to have reached their other members, only 3 of them though.

And once again..AGAIN!! Their fur was not taken care of at all! Or rather this time it's worse.

5 Kobolds:!!!!

The 5 Kobolds attacked me with their claws.Myself directly received the attacks to bring them closer and attacked them with 《Shadow Magic: Pierce》《Pierce》《Pierce》《Pierce》《Pierce》!!! Shadows forming into sharp angles piercing them repeatedly followed as myself continued to chant.

With them dead and myself with really bad injuries, myself collected the Kobolds corpse to the river.Brushing their fur, cleaning them of their fleas and whatever it is covering them. Still dirty and not fluffy at all..but their fur was a little less disheveled..still bad though.

Late night soon came and I returned along with the 11 corpses completing my quest.Elf-chan panicked seeing me in injuries.S/he.......He.....Yes HE...brought me to the back to tend to my wounds.He took the 11th even though they never accepted extras before. Out of consideration perhaps.

SAUSAGE AIN-! *cough* *cough*

Thanks Elf-chan.

14. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I wordlessly willed the platform to float. We stopped around a hundred meters off the ground, which gave quite a lot of stuff to cover. I started to fly along a particular road, with the platform following closely.

"Did you get it all? Should we go faster or slower?"

15. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    "For now is perfect. You can go faster when where above forest. Don't go too faster cause I need draw enough good."

16. LordOfPies

LordOfPies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After spending awhile looking for party members,to no avail, I decided to scrap the Thunderbird quest and instead head off to do the cartography mission.
    Stopping at a nearby general store i pick up a whole stack of parchment, charcoal, and a bunch of example maps to use as reference. Having dabbled a little into rune magic my drawing skills are slightly above average so given all these sets of paper i should be able to make a usable map. I decide upon mountain exploration because a mountain will have very little obstructions above the treeline and it will have very simply topography.

emptying the rest of my wallet on furs and food i fly off towards the mountain

17. pirateking36

Reading List:
    Link

Yo
    u halt!! *I shouted*

18. LordOfPies

LordOfPies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I look at the crazy dressed individual "is there any problem?"

19. pirateking36

Reading List:
    Link
    "are u going to do the map drawing quest?" I asked while taking off my cap and eyepatch

20. Kagami Ren

Kagami Ren General of Satans 5th army

Reading List:
    Link
    Today I went along with all of my disciples to do a quest.

--- Mine 5 mithril (maximum rewards, 6 adventurer points)

quest detail: the blacksmith in the town is in dire need of mithril ore. please mine for some mithril in the 'Galant Mine' northwest of the village. please be careful since the mine might collapse anytime and there are skeleton miner wandering in the area.

Quest reward: 1x mithril ore (crafting system spoiler alert)

It took us longer than expected to find the village of the Galant Mine. We took a long rest till it got dark.
    We waited till it got dark because it is there when Monsters get aggressive, and because of that they leave their homes.
    The defence would becomes really lax.
    It was the best time to sneak inside the Mine.
    In the end we found the spot where it is said to be a rich Mithril ore farm.
    Then 4th-12th disciple began digging while I and 1st-3rd disciple would protect them.
    1 hour..... Then became 4 hours.....
    Before we realised it we were surrendered by skeletons on both sides.
    20.... No 40 skeletons!!!...
    2nd Disciple panicked and fought back
    "NOO" I roared, but it was to late.. Without even kill one of the skeletons he fell with a face full of regrets.. /( _ _)/
    "BROTHER!!" everyone roared.
    I even had tears befall me.
    "Roaaaar" I rushed to the skeleton whom stained my disciple with regret.. But I regret I did that.
    All of my disciples also began to fight back.. Dropped whatever they had been doing. Picking up the nearest weapon. Be it a Pick or even a Rock. They began their Counter attack.
    We had 0 to no chance of winning. But We still Cut, Cut and Cut, Releasing our emotions on the emotionless skeletons.
    Blaming them for everything.
    We died Smiling with Tears running down our faces . . . . .

Ldyrdy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.