Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild Receptionist Table

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accidentally

Accidentally Random Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Faked sleep.

*take gold to pay @Napknight debt*

Your debt is 30 gold for trying ro take my item.

79 for late/not saving me.

50 for do stupid thing infront of mod.

2. Napknight

Napknight 『Knight of Naps』『Never Ending Loop』

Reading List:
    Link
    *what!? Fake sleep broke
    What do you mean stupid!!!

*yells
    I'll make this whole Establishment Fall Asleep(the Species I mean)
    And That's my hard Earned money!

3. Accidentally

Reading List:
    Link
    Fufufu♡

*runs!*

4. Napknight

Reading List:
    Link
    SHOUTS*
    Get Back Here!!!

Tooks out Exploding candy aim's then throws at @FanzZeta

*yells
    Eat this Exploding Candy!

5. Accidentally

Reading List:
    Link
    Exploding candy! Is still! CANDY!

*lick it till gone so it will not explode!*

6. Napknight

Reading List:
    Link
    NANI!? BAKA NA!

WHAT!? you managed to catch It That's CHEATING IMMORAL @FanzZeta !!!

7. Accidentally

Reading List:
    Link
    All fair in love, war and business!

8. Napknight

Reading List:
    Link
    In Business It's Good! (y)

But not On Me (n)

So Give It Back :mad:

Takes out Ice cream
    Then throw's below @FanzZeta Feet~
    Seeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaa!

9. Accidentally

Reading List:
    Link

this one chopper for trying.

10. Napknight

Reading List:
    Link
    What! That not enough!
    at least give me 60 Copper~

And Give me back my Gold!!!

11. Napknight

Reading List:
    Link
    (I'll Remember this debt of 159 Gold)

12. LordOfPies

LordOfPies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Letting @pirateking36 write up the combat scenarios while i'm handling the overarching plot

With my new pirate( @pirateking36 ) friend we arrive at the mountain close to the end of the day. As i am pitifully weak i decide to use this quest as an opportunity to raise my skills. throughout the entire quest i decide to force myself to constantly strain my perception to its limits as well as use wind manipulation to hide our scents from monsters. that way we can choose when we want to fight and i can make sure that i dont miss any details when recording the areas on the map.

My goals in this mission are to map every cave,nest, and breeding grounds so that way subsequent adventurers can easier find specific monsters. As a secondary goal I will be charting the most efficient route to the peak so that way people who just want to climb can also enjoy the use of the map.
    (switching to past tense)
    To mark out the mountain we went up and for every 100ft vertical we traveled we circled around the mountain taking note of everything we saw. that way our topographical map would have a rough estimate on how high everything is (ex of a topographical map http://www.summitpost.org/images/original/113062.JPG) when we found manageable groups of monsters pirateking and i went in an quickly killed them. And when i say that i mean pirateking ran out and fought while i hid in the bushes giving moral support(Out Of Character: will let @pirateking36 write up the combat scenarios due to him doing most of the combat at this time). along the way we found many mountainous animals like rams, bears, and the occasional mountain lion. For roaming monsters we saw goblins, wargs, and a few giants. as we passed the treeline we found less and less life but the monsters became stronger and stronger. the last fight we had of the day was against a pack of wolves and the alpha was larger than most men I've ever seen (@pirateking36 this will be a team fight encounter/ boss battle for the mission). after that fight we were too worn out to do any more encounters so we avoided any beast larger than a deer. after a few days total we finally reached the cloud layer, and pulling out our furs and warm clothes we entered into the mist.

as we trekked through the mist i clearly felt a monster way stronger than what me or pirateking could fight. something bigger than a house and most likely stronger than any D rank adventurer. after staying very far away from the beast we finally broke through the cloud layer onto the actual peak. shortly after breaking through a massive pressure surged through our bones. it felt like a heavy stone was placed on every limb and an absolute terror set in. this force made us realize that to go any further was certain death. Whether the lord of the mountain was lazy or just didn't care about us lowly adventurers we left without being molested. I made note of the vague beast in the mist and this terrifying mountain lord (I don't want to write up exactly what they are because i believe true quest level monsters should be left for @Ldyrdy to decide and i don't want to impugn upon his creative liberty). for my map i decided that at the cloud level i would simply have a danger symbol and for everything above I put a skull and crossbones indicating certain death for any adventurer in the D rank.

(I'm purposefully making my description of the land a little more vague than normal because that way it can get retconned easily. like if @Ldyrdy is like "I want the mountains to have a rare peacock farm" the it can just get added to the map because my character "would" have seen it and taken note if it existed. so that's why the monster section has pretty generic monsters and why i didn't give an accurate description of the two super massive beasts)

On the way back down we killed a few of the animals to sell their furs back at the town. pirateking's flintlock pistol made short work of just about any animal and the pistol helped me gain insight into how i want to grow as a mage. I decided that henceforth i will attack by launching projectiles at fast speed similar to the explosive power of pirateking's weapon. after reaching the town proper we rented rooms and i spent most of the night combining all of my notes into one map that covered 4 pages. While i wish i was a better artist i had to use more than one page to capture the detail needed for the adventurers guild. In the morning when me and pirateking turned in our map the secretary frowned when the center of the map just had a skull and crossbones. she seemed more okay with it when i claimed that scouting the peak is most likely a C rank, or even a B rank mission and is currently way above our level.

13. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    I make my way to the adventurers' guild once again, humming to myself about reaching D-rank. I make my way to the receptionist and tell them that i'd like to do the kobold subjugation and i ask for some information on them
    The Kobolds, despite having evolved to be bipedal, don't seem to have gained a lot of intelligence. They are capable to make stone weaponry but aren't known to use them often, prefering to use their claws and teeth. Once a group has more than 5 individuals in it, they will have atleast one scout/guard who's atleast as good as an E rank adventurer at scouting and staying out of sight.
    they also informed me of the location of the last sighting.
    In the end they're pack animals though, prefering to hunt as a group, so their individual combat capability is on the low end.
    i grab my gear and before setting off i spray myself with a selfmade mixture that will hide my scent from the kobolds.
    While carefully searching the forest i find a small meadow with exposed rock in it. Upon closer inspection the rock has a mithril ore vein running trough it. Sighing to myself since i didn't bring a pickaxe with me i decide to just inform the guild of its location after completing the subjugation.
    continuing on my way i see a wildpath in front of me with some strange fur on it. Wondering whether this is kobold fur i berate myself for not asking about the specifics on kobold fur at the guild. I decide to follow the path and before long i start seeing signs that this path has recently been used by something bipedal. The branches at face height are broken while the branches to the side to the path were intact (these would have definitely broken had something like a bear walked trough)
    carefull not to make any sounds i grabbed into my pouch and brought out a couple vials and put them on my belt (i didn't want to do this earlier because they might break) while slowly sneaking further on the path. 10 minutes later i can hear muffled footsteps and the occasional bark so i start looking around for the guard or multiple guards. Found them, there's two of them so this group must have 10-14 individuals in it. Perfect.
    I make my way to the first guard who's trying to move about as silently at possible (failing to do so quite often i might add) and quickly and silently grabbed his muzzle and slit his throat. After carefully hiding the body i make my way to the second guard who's a bit more successfull at being silent, but not quite good enough so i reward him with a knife in the back.
    Guards now taken care of it's time to use my vials. I locate the group and see them all sitting around an extinguished campfire. Bones are visible in the ashes, what kind of bones i dare not guess.
    I grab some of my vials and lob them high at the kobolds in a manner that every kobold gets atleast a bit of it on him/her and then throw a few special marked vials. Wherever these vials' liquid touches the other liquid it starts a chain reaction that eventually has all the liquid turn into a really bright white light. Additionally this substance stinks like a battlefield with thousands of corpses.
    Once the light has gone out i rush in at the kobolds and easily stab and slash my way trough them unopposed. A kobold's sense of smell is 40 times as acute as a human's so that absolutely smell that's absolutely horrifying for a human is just pure hell to a kobold.
    i collect the proofs of subjugation and the coins the kobolds had collected and i'm surprised to find a pair of enchantment orbs. These are inserted in weapons to make them stronger, sharper and even faster. I quickly decide to have the blacksmith add these to my daggers once i'm back in town.
    *a bit later, at the adventurers' guild*
    I inform the guild of the mithril ore vein and turn in my quest, but before leaving i remember those kobold ears must still stink quite a bit so i quickly pour some water into the bag (the solution's stench is removed by simply adding water so it's not optimal for using in the rain) and hand it in.
    i proceed to make my way over to the blacksmith who informs me that he'll have my daggers done by tomorow so i decide to just go to bed early today after a hearty dinner

14. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    It took almost ten hours of flying around, stopping for lunch back at the city once, but he managed to put up a decently drawn map by the end of the day. "Good enough for the guild I think?" I said as I peeked over his shoulders.

15. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I guess it's enough. We draw every main roads from village. We noted a cave from mountain where seems like kobold go in and out. The guild tomorrow will probabily dispatch some adventure to explore and check. The volcano seems normal from what we can see or more likely from what we can see throught smokes. The swamp... someone need make a road or something if they want a real map here so the border is more than enough. The snowy region we noted every village within our visual range though I want try some soup here." After thinking a little "Draws maps while fly it's a lot easier and faster than I expected. Normaly need at least 3-4 day witout stop to draw so much with a good carriage"
    I give two paper to the small girl "This one is for the guild, the other one is for your personal use." I say satisfied.

16. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thanks. We're already here, let's submit it together yeah?"

Hey, he made one for me! I didn't even need to ask. Well, the usage was quite limited for me personally considering that I can fly around but it's a convenient thing to have nonetheless.

I dragged him to the counter and handed over the newly drawn map. "Map of surrounding area. We planned to make ten miles but kind of got carried away..." it was originally planned to be a near perfect circle, but the map was closer to a large splatter of water where at several points the details (mostly roads) branched far into an otherwise yet unmapped white area. Still, I doubt anyone will complain about the excess information.

17. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    "I guess we finished?" I say while petting the little girl.

18. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I was slightly shocked at the sudden invasion of personal space. I didn't hate the feeling of closeness though. Still, I may had let it went a moment too long.

"Yes... See you at other time?"

19. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yeah, see ya." I go to my master's place. Midway I remember she didn't tell me her name. Well... Too bad. Maybe next time. I'm sure we will meet again.

QUEST END.

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  20. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I had it plastered at my note on the guild :x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.