Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild Receptionist Table

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    ...No! I believe in our guildmaster! He would never do that!

2. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    HOHOHO....."Plunder" I shouted when I noticed the weird thing happening to the chaos mage

3. pirateking36

Reading List:
    Link
    are u sure? *smiles wryly"

4. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I'm s-s-sure. Y-Yeah, I'm sure of it!...Uhm...yeah?

Can we make it easier for him to read the stories?

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    till ritual part and I had enough dragging time~
    choco angry.png

6. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I try to give you contributions as well while protect you from all the shit. Did you not enjoy the princess carry and the horse riding?
    Do you want help a last time or do you prefer return to the guild?

7. wraith

wraith -----------------

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets just link all the stories written today and tag the guildmaster in a new post.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    already home~ spanked~
    ah btw I don't mind long one just I forget stated last time I go sleep I wanna back to home so sorry about that hehehe
    this week pretty hectic IRL~

9. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Like this ?
    Scouting and return with report -> Link
    Before the battle -> Link
    At the position -> Link
    Comrade's Rampage -> Link
    Holding the line -> Link
    Rescue mission -> Link
    Fall back and report -> Link
    @Ldyrdy

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  10. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've come back from the volcano! *make victory pose*

Seems that the emergency quest is still ongoing.

11. LordOfPies

LordOfPies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ehh bielt temporarily sealed it so i think we be good

12. Napknight

Napknight 『Knight of Naps』『Never Ending Loop』

Reading List:
    Link
    How to put the link like that ???

13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Use the 'Link' button on top. Search your post in your profile post. Put the link of each post to that link.

14. pirateking36

Reading List:
    Link
    Soon the power of the mask was overwhelming and I somehow take it off and run towards the town..
    "too tired wont make it" I muttered.....I got to a forest on the outskirts of the forest and collapsed....I take out a bottle and lay there drinking.

15. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    Villan's POV
    Having camped and mining decent amount of mithrils(will be needed for personal weapon in future), I pack my camp stuffs and went to Forsaken Isle to hunt the lizardmans as my quest for today.
    As I arrived at the Isle, I went to search for the lizardmans immediately. Weirdly, today I didn't see any lizardmans around but some of their stuffs are left behind. Feeling suspicious, I continue my walk until I saw some silhouettes far in front of my direction, as I began my chase, the silhouettes also began their escape, trying to shake me off from the pursuit. Too bad, with my new addition of my job, it didn't took me too much time to catch the silhouettes. Turns out the silhouttes are the lizardmans indeed. But, out of the six lizardman, why there is one lizardman that is slightly bigger than the rest and fully armor plated? Apparently, having being discovered, the Iron Lizard ordered his minions to kill me. Oh well, battle starts.
    [​IMG]
    As the battle starts, 5 lizardmans charge towards my direction, followed by the mini boss. I'm actually quite surprised at how cooperative their movements are. Unfortunately, they messed with the wrong person today. Testing out my taekwon skill, I perform whirlwind kick, sweeping the formation of the 5 lizardmans and uses Axe Kick towards the mini boss. Receiving my attacks, all of them are beimb knockback and stunned. At the same time, I perform my new high jump and landed on one of the lizardman head, twisting both of my feet immediately, i severs its head from the body (1 down). I performs Axe Kick again on the other lizardman, smashing its skull, killing it instantly aswell (2 down). I grabbed the 3rd lizardman head with both of my hands, twisting its neck (3 down). Picking one of the lizardman weapon and reinforces it with my aura, I uses it to stab the head of 4th lizardman (4 down). With 2 lizardmans remaining (one of it is a mini boss), the mini boss order something to the lizardman with words I cannot comprehend. Looking hesitated, the lizardman desperately charging itself towards me, while the mini boss is...........escaping?!This is bad, I got a really bad premonition if I let that mini boss escaped. Immediately killing the lizardman with my fist (smashing its skull), I give a chase towards the running mini boss. Performing double jump, I landed in front of his sight, punching it with my imbued aura fist. With bloodied and even more ugly looking face, the mini boss screams madly towards me seemingly like a last stand. I immediately delivers Triple Attacks, stunning and heavily injures the mini boss, finishing it with combo finish. That's the end of poor mini boss life.
    Dragging the mini boss corpse to the place where his dead minions are, I carefully dismantled his minions tails,scales and confiscating the mini boss weapon, scales and tail. Wanting to return to the guild immediately, I then recalled the direction the mini boss trying to escape into. Seemingly went to the place where I killed the mini boss, I continued my journey and observation into deeper isle to look for the whereabouts of the other lizardmans. I then arrived at one place and witnessed a really disturbing scene. The lizardmans are carrying some of the wandering lizards and held them inside a cage. The cage then being sent into suspicious looking tavern, I then heard some really loud noises from the tavern. Apparently, the noises are from the screams of those lizards. Soon after the screams gone, multiple amount of lizards exited the tavern, followed by carriage of lizards corpses. If I pressumes, that tavern is experiment place for the lizardmans and they are apparently trying to multiply their populations by abducting wandering lizards and forcefully evolved them. From the lizards corpses, I assumes the one that failed to evolve will die immediately. Having seen this scene, I immediately returned to the place where I dismantle the lizardmans corpse. Writing down the memo about the experiment, I embarked my journey back to the adventurers guild. I heard most of the adventurers there are busy holding back raid boss demon orc. maaaa, by the time I returned the raid should be finished. Too bad, I won't get those good amount of adventurer points. Whatever, I got some mithrils for my future personal weapon, lizardmans materials, Iron Lizard (mini boss) materials and weapon, also the memo regarding the possibility of lizardmans invasion in the future.
    Quest : Slay 5 lizardmans ( completed ).
    Obtained 5 lizardmans scales and tails.
    Obtained Lejaq's (mini boss) Spear.
    Obtained Lejaq's (mini boss) Spiked Shield.
    Obtained Lejaq's (mini boss) scales and tail.
    Obtained 10 mithrils (materials for future personal weapon).
    Memo:
    The lizardmans are conducting experiments inside the inner part of the Forsaken Isle. They have been kidnapping alot of wandering lizards and forcefully evolved them to multiply lizardmans population. There will be high chance of Lizardman Invasion in the future, requesting fast actions.
    (Quest will automatically completed when the raid quest is done).

Napknight likes this.
  16. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Then let's end this~
    I hear maid @LivingCorpse 's voice before everything start shake. SHIT!SHIT!SHIT! Luckily the cave didn't collapse but @asriu faints because of that. The entrance of cave somehow is open again. I hear the demon orc running, I guess maid @LivingCorpse bait him. I know I can trust her.
    I'm going to the guild and report my, @asriu, @LivingCorpse and @wraith 's contributions, put @asriu on her bed, take a shower and go to sleep.

Tomorrow I cannot take any quest, let's go bully someone~

asriu likes this.
  17. wraith

wraith -----------------

Reading List:
    Link
    That is right.
    Is that all the posts? also, don't forget to message/tag the guildmaster

18. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    @Aca1814ina @A5G_Reaper @Ldyrdy
    Alliuna:
    After successfully kidnapping 2 out of 4 targets I fly to the distant volcano. Unfortunately both are Mage types, one focusing on telekinesis and the other on mental magics and minor necromancy. Which makes the division of spoils and roles quite simple.

I drop them off behind me at the entrance to one of the volcanic tunnels before folding my wings and extending my claws to deal with the first wave of the volcanoes inhabitants.
    Firebats and cave toads... About a dozen in total. I'm not overly fond of slaughter still, so I don't eliminate them instantly. The firebats are struck by a directed wave of my fear, causing them to ascend swiftly into the sky in an attempt to escape. I let them go. They're no longer a threat.
    The five toads, on the other hand, don't take the hint. Amphibians are like that sometimes, always incapable of sensing their enemies when those enemies are unfavorable to them. So they hop towards me in an attempt to crush us.

Like I'll let that happen. I jump to meet them, clearing twenty meters and tearing through one of them on the way. It's entrails fall around the still unmoving mages I brought along with me. I made sure they were missed, but even so... To remain stupefied so long is somewhat annoying. Maybe I'll let the next set fall on they're heads...

But just as I think that they finally begin to move.

Reachii:
    I was unceremoniously dropped on hard ground, coughing and wheezing after what seems to be hours of high altitude flight. I saw another adventurer dropped next to me, this one looked unconscious. Did Aly fished a random person?

I looked around and realized that this was the elevated platform at Mt. Vuldan I visited few days ago. Ah. I think I get it.

"Let me guess. You dragged me to fill in the required number for the explorations." I glanced at the unconscious adventurer. "What about her?"

Alliuna:
    And the telekinetic is swallowed by a lava toad as she stands up and looks around while asking a question. Wow... How careless can you get?

But still I kind of have to save her. If I lose one of these mages so quickly I'll lose both before I even get to the first level of the volcano exploration.

That being said I'm not going to be nice about it. I turn and slam my hand into the wall of the cave entrance and break off a few large rocks. Picking up the biggest, I throw it with one hand to hit the rear of the swallowing toad, forcing it to spit out the telekinetic. She's a bit wetter, and probably a bit burned, but nothing that can't be repaired.

The other one hasn't woken up yet though... Well, let's hope the telekinetic can protect her. I throw another rock through the furthest toad, driving a hole all the way through it. It flops to the ground dead.

Reachii:
    I wasn't expecting to get tongue-snagged and swallowed whole by a toad the size of a bull. Then I was regurgitated violently when something big smacked the toad. There were nothing this far out last time...

My robe already halfway sizzling. My skin too, but overcharging the elementary light spell "mend" fixed it up. Seems that light affinity was average. No way I let the crystal autoheal it and cost me a full course meal for some superficial wound.

Words can wait. The unconscious adventurer floated to my side while the two smaller buzz-saws I usually used for transportation flew up. It hummed from the sheer speed, and practically went through the remaining toads. Not like they're tough creatures.

"Well Aly?"

Alliuna:
    The telekinetic quickly dealt with the toads and then turned to continue the conversation she had been starting a second ago. Well... Well what? What was the question she asked first? Um...

"Explore the Volcano. There will be treasures."

Yeah, that should work. Definitely the most effective answer in this situation. Why would she think I'm listening to her in the first place?

As she seems to be carrying the second Mage I turn around and enter the cavern in the side of the volcano. I'm assuming she will follow.
    I hear the slight wirring noise of her distinctive saw like weapons as she hurries after me. Now, to find that troublesome salamander...

Alliuna:
    As we enter the volcano, I produce high pitched vibrations to form a sonar picture of the cave system. Layered frequencies don't die out very easily, so producing a dozen or so pitches and noticing the interference patterns as the echoes return give me a detailed layout of the cavern structure, thermal patterns, and any moving objects in the vicinity. Sounds of different pitches travel slightly differently around corners and their Doppler effects on movable objects are distinct enough for me to describe every rock and cranny in this entire system, plus the effects of heat on air pressure and density distort sound waves to give me an idea of the thermal patterns. The heat reaches extraordinary heights deeper into the volcano, indicating that it remains active.

Unfortunately, salamanders never stay anywhere but in lava. Most displeasing. I hate lava baths.

Probably a suppressed trauma of some kind.

Even with my accurate map, I can't just go straight towards the overgrown fire lizard and kill it. No, even as useless as it is it is still considered a dragon by humans. Finding it and having the two toys mages I brought with me testify that it is causing the increased volcanic activity will be more than enough. Later I can have someone else kill it then once everything's cooled down I'll claim this place as my own. I'm sure I can make a hot spring or something in this environment.

The telekinetic is being annoying again... What's she asking? Something about the twisted mentalist? Why did I bring her? Well...

"Because I wanted to." That's essentially all the reason she needs. It answers all the other questions as well... Like why I grabbed the telekinetic or why I'm exploring this volcano. It's a completely reasonable answer I doubt they have the ability to question. And if they do...

Actually I have no idea what to do in that case. Let's start moving before they ask more questions.

I lead the way due to my ability to see in the dark... Not really. My vision covers the full spectrum of electromagnetic radiation from weak gamma to low microwave, along with several forms of magic, psychic, and spiritual radiation. Essentially, if it can be seen, I can see it. I can't see normal light in the dark, there isn't any normal light to be seen. But the infrared brilliance filling this volcanic cavern is perfect for me to see in.

Behind me I hear the second Mage wake up and start talking to the first. Whatever they're talking about definitely doesn't concern me. And that definitely wasn't my name I just heard. She must have said... Alibaba. Or allergic. Or something else. It just sounded similar. I'm totally ignoring it.

I take a deliberate wrong turn at this point, moving towards a location where there was a large amount of loose objects piled up. Gold or diamond most likely. Either way, something someone wants. And a few dozen things living around it...

Psyx:
    Psyx wakes up to the heat. Searing, sizzling heat that made her feel as if she was being cooked inside a boiling cauldron of water. This fever sucks, she mumbled. She closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep, before a thought surfaced from the sluggish swamp that was her head.

This bed feels...different.

Wait...when did I ever get back to the inn?

She opened her eyes again and saw that she wasn't lying on a bed. She wasn't even lying on anything but air. Blurry memories of someone grabbing her, flying in the sky, and a not-so familiar volcano that she first mistook as just fever dreams came back in bits and pieces as she tried to stitch them together into a picture of what happened while she was unconscious.

...So I was abducted...?

The realization startled her and the fog in her mind cleared up enough for her to properly observe her surroundings.

She was floating, or rather, being levitated by a purple-robed mage while another person walked ahead of them as they headed deeper inside a cavern. Psyx pretended to be asleep while coming up with and discarding options. Do I still have my things? From the size of the knapsack she could feel behind her, she was guessing none of the items inside were taken away, as well as the holster of potions around her hip. Her wand was even there, and she wondered why her abductors (an abductor and an accomplice? or was the other person a fellow abductee?) did not remove her weapons. Were they that confident that she wouldn't pose a threat? Indeed, she was feeling very weak that running around would be difficult for her, but if she just drunk the healing potion she was saving for emergencies then she'd be good as new.

Chunks of glowing rocks embedded into the walls soon became more sparse the further they went in, the heat getting more intense, and she soon grasped that they were inside the volcano she saw earlier.

What are these people planning?

Reachii:
    I felt the unconscious girl shifted in my hold. I floated her to my front, examining the conditions only to notice the badly flushed face and rough breathing. I tapped her forehead and discovered that she's practically burning, and not because of the volcanic heat either.

"Oh for the love of- ALY! You kidnapped a sick person!" Or she became sick because of the kidnapping. Not sure. Well, Aly ignored me anyway.

I tried to recall the spellbooks I read over eight years ago. I remember trying elementary spells, and there was something like regeneration covered under nature affinity. Let's go with that.

Holding my palm on her forehead, a green glow spread from there onto the rest of her body. I'm pretty sure I did it correctly, but I do hope I didn't accidentally turned her into a half treant or something. She won't be happy if that happened.

Her temperature dropped rapidly, thankfully. Regeneration only hasten naturally occuring healing, so it had the occassional misfortune of proceeding a terminal illness into lethal limit if I recall. On hindsight, perhaps I should've tried light magic instead.

"There, how do you feel? Aly over there kind of dragged us to the volcano exploration quest without consent, but it's going well so far. What's your name?"

Psyx:
    The abductor must have noticed something, because Psyx suddenly felt a cool hand on her forehead.

"Oh for the love of- ALY! You kidnapped a sick person!" a young female voice cried out. So Aly was probably the other person walking ahead of them, and the one who abducted her.

All of a sudden Psyx could feel something happening to her body, starting from the forehead down towards the very tip of her toes, something like cold water flowing through her body that extinguished the burning feeling that was eating her up. She instantly felt better, like the cold and the fever and the dizziness was gone, even the headache.

"There, how do you feel? Aly over there kind of dragged us to the volcano exploration quest without consent, but it's going well so far. What's your name?"

Did she heal me?

For a second Psyx wondered whether it was better for her to keep up the pretense, just in case something else was going on, but then decided to just open her eyes.

The mage, a girl probably her age, was peering curiously at her face.

"I'm fine, thank you," Psyx cleared her throat for a few times before talking. It wasn't just out of politeness; she felt the best she had ever been for the past few months. "You can put me down now."

Settling on her feet, Psyx removed her cloak and placed it inside her knapsack. The momentary coolness she felt earlier was immediately being replaced by the heat inside the volcano. She checked her things one last time and started walking again. "Just call me Psyx," she muttered. Aly was a...hybrid with claws and wings who walked on without even so much as a glance at them. Psyx couldn't remember seeing either of the two in the Guild, but then again, she didn't pay much attention to other people. Aly must have found her in the Tavern and took her randomly, or something. Did their party lack members?

But of all people, they just had to take me. There's already a mage who can also serve as a healer, and a forefront fighter. How would a poor, unprepared alchemist be of any help in a volcanic exploration quest?

Reachii:
    "Reachii. Nice to meet you. What's your specialty? Looks like alchemy."

Aly suddenly went sideway on a branch tunnel so I followed. I'm pretty sure the bigger cavern was on a different direction... and I was right.

One final turn and we arrived on a slightly wide pocket room. There were a mind-numbingly big pile of fire crystals on the end, and more embedded at the wall, as well as miscelanous stuff like diamonds... and around a dozen medium sized salamanders digging out those crystals with surprising gentleness.

I miss my saws.

Aly muttered something in line of fire lizards before charging in, ripping through salamander scales as easy as wet papers. I set off the saws on two of the salamanders, perhaps 'accidentally' edging it closer to Aly when it passed. The firebreaths were focused on Aly, which were immune, but I still had to pull Psyx sideways to avoid the scorching hot air from roasting us.

"Whew! You okay?"

Psyx:

"Reachii. Nice to meet you. What's your specialty? Looks like alchemy," the mage started to make small talk as they walked. Psyx only grunted as a reply. God, what is with this heat? If only I had the ingredients, I could make a cooling potion.

They entered a room with glowing red crystals...and some big fire lizards. The hybrid went off first, attacking the lizards with ease while levitated saws controlled by the mage struck two lizards nearest to them.

I'm really no good with head-on fights like this...

Psyx tried to act like some kind of wallpaper, hoping none of the lizards would notice her. But even if the enemies were focused on the two, the fire breaths didn't miss her. She was about to dodge to the left when the mage grabbed her hand and pulled her to the opposite direction, the blast missing them by about an inch. The girl sighed in relief and smiled at her. "Are you okay?"

"Uh...yeah," Psyx said. "...Thanks."

In moments Aly finished off the last of the lizards, and lumps of flesh and gore were scattered everywhere. By instinct Psyx took out her wand, muttered a spell, and the ripped bits of lizard remains combined together to form one giant zombie fire lizard and three smaller ones.

Okay. Maybe I can do something after all.

Psyx looked around at the fire crystals and wondered how much she could fit in her knapsack.

Reachii:
    "Uuuh, you don't want those things in your bag. Or anywhere else within ten feet from your body. It explode with the slightest vibration. We can come back later? Just collect the less volatile stuff."

There were sufficient diamond to fit a small knapsack worth for each of us. I let mine float, the gold and diamonds that size weight almost as much as myself. Aly's share vanished somewhere, I won't even ask. Psyx tried to lift her bag but decided to have her flesh golem carry it.

A necromancer, quite good at it too. What's with this mish-mash of talents in this adventurer's guild?

Psyx:
    "Uuuh, you don't want those things in your bag. Or anywhere else within ten feet from your body. It explode with the slightest vibration. We can come back later? Just collect the less volatile stuff," the mage said as if reading her mind. Psyx shrugged her shoulders in disappointment. She didn't know much about fire crystals, except what potions they were used as ingredients for. Pity.

The three looked around and found diamonds and gold stacked in a corner, then divided it among themselves. Psyx wondered why they even gave her a share, since she didn't do anything to help. Maybe they need me for something else later?

Since a knapsack half-full of gems was heavier than she expected, she made one of the smaller zombie lizards carry it for her, then they left the room and started walking again.

They met no more enemies in their path, which was a shame, since Psyx wanted to increase her zombie army before they met something more dangerous. After several hours of walking, Psyx was tired and thirsty and hungry and getting more than a little annoyed. Aly would ignore them when they tried to ask how far their destination was, or how much longer they would have to travel. Psyx didn't have any food or water in her knapsack, because when she left her room she only thought she was going to spend some time in the tavern before going to back to the inn to rest her cold away. If she knew she was going to end up at this place, she would have stocked up on some supplies. I'll make sure to be prepared the next time I'm kidnapped...

Alliuna:
    The treasure was definitely worth it. I mean, sure the one got a few scratches and the other had a few accidental friendly fire moments (they were accidental, right kinetic?) but the fiery critters died and we are all now carrying a sack of gold. Except technically only the mind Mage is carrying it... The telekinetic is levitating it and I sent mine home. Not like I needed more gold or anything, but I am part dragon. It's just not in my nature to refuse treasure like that.

We continue downward into the volcano, heading generally towards what I think to be the salamander. I avoid the majority of the underground inhabitants, as a matter of principal. You don't kill what you don't eat (though I have noticed that this is a very out of favor rule among the so called "cultured races." In their morality it is often better to kill than to eat, and eating is seen as a taboo of the highest level. What a ridiculous point of view... Isn't it better that you gain the most precious thing in return for taking anothers'? Life should only be traded for life, not anything less than that. I don't keep to that rule perfectly, but I do try to ensure that all I kill I eat and am thankful that their sacrifice extended my own life. It would be wrong to do otherwise).

And speaking of food, the other pair decided that they needed sustenance. Or rest. I can't really tell which. Mortal beings are so fragile, always needing food and water.

I hope they have some. But if they look at me like that... I did kidnap them after all...

Haaa... Fine. I've got some human food in a dimensional pocket. I take it out and toss it over to where they have sat down and started complaining in an obvious attempt to make me care. They'll have to get water on their own, however. Nature element is compatible with water, the telekinetic shouldn't have a problem, even here. And oh good, she figured it out. Maybe I should clap slightly.

As they sit and eat I lean back against the wall and close my eyes. My ears are monitoring the constantly fluctuating sound waves still permeating this cavern system, refining my map and giving me a constantly updating picture of what's going on inside it. I'm not going to be caught off guard by anything.

I let their conversation flow past me and ignore it. My past is my own, and while it is far longer than these humans would believe, it is also far different from anything they can imagine. I'm not quite ready to believe that a human could understand what it means to inherit the rank of hybrid, especially as they are a race that no longer possesses a single pure line. And they cannot possibly understand the consequences of that rank among others who value that purity, even though it has long since been proven that the first beings are terribly weak in comparison to those that came later.

But those are details that humans need not and should not know. Once sufficient time has passed we continue down the volcanic tunnels. And once again, they start complaining as soon as we start moving. Too dark, too hot, too dirty, too boring, too peaceful... Can you two not just trust that I know what I'm doing and will not have any issues dealing with it?

Fine. If you're going to complain this much, then try this on for size. I've noticed a pool of liquid far too cold to be magma down a side tunnel up ahead. Very likely it is a spring of water, a hot spring to be precise. Maybe if I give them a bath, they'll stop complaining for a while.
    There are just a few minor inconveniences in the way...

Reachii:

I floated around so my exhaustion wasn't all that bad yet, but it's really hot and lunch time already passed. The two of us pestered Aly with puppy eyes and all, until she finally relent and decided a break on one of the less hot cave. She pulled some edible food too! That's thoughtful, there would be way too many complications if we had to roast and eat Psyx's golem.

And now for water... I got magic for that. In fact, I can make it ice-cold with a little manipulation...

Aly didn't seems to be joining us, sitting with her back against the wall and eyes closed. I took a big gulp before chatting with Psyx.

"So... what brought you to the city?"

Psyx:
    Reachii started pestering Aly for food, while making some kind of face at Psyx that she crudely interpreted as a 'help me convince her' look.
    How? But with some mix of begging and threatening, Reachii's efforts soon paid off and Aly took a pack of food from somewhere and tossed it to them. The mage summoned some ice-cold water spring from the ground, and they took a break for a while to eat. Psyx noted that Aly didn't seem to need any, and was just leaning on a wall as she waited for them.

The mage, probably uncomfortable with her two silent companions, started to talk again. "So... what brought you to the city?"

"The guild," Psyx replied, and didn't further explain. She was too tired to chat about random things.

Reachii:
    "Psyx? Are you always this quiet?"

It was a long awaited rest after all, and I doubt Aly would tolerate too much of it. I still don't get why would she drag us along.

"Truth to be told, I'm a bit worried that there won't be a town left when we return... but then I'll trust Aly for that matter."

Psyx:
    "Psyx? Are you always this quiet?"

Psyx looked up at the mage, and shrugged. "More or less."

Reachii frowned. At first Psyx thought the girl was displeased with her, until she continued. "Truth to be told, I'm a bit worried that there won't be a town left when we return... but then I'll trust Aly for that matter."

Psyx gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?"

Is something going to happen to the town?

Reachii:
    "Apparently the orc army were pissed off and summoned some kind of demon to lead them. It's supposedly so big to make ogres looks like a midget, and nigh invulnerable to pretty much anything thrown its way." I picked another jerky, I keep telling myself that it's beef. "Aly's a real enigma though, she have no mana signature if you haven't notice. I'm pretty sure she can fight that thing, so there should be a reson she doesn't."

Aly's well within earshot, but didn't seems to care at all. Nothing seems to faze the dragon girl...

Psyx:
    Psyx mulled over the information. This was the first time she had heard about this. I really should be aware of recent news...

While chopping up the meat Aly gave them and boiling it in the cauldron, Psyx muttered ideas a bit more louder than usual so the other girl would hear her, lest she thought she was being ignored.

"Even if the demon orc can't be killed, it can still be disabled or sent back to where it came from. Summoned beings need some kind of link that bonds them to their summoner, and the stronger the creature, the more powerful the connection should be. Most of the time some kind of magical item is used for summoning, which could also be used to sever the summoner and the summoned's link, or maybe send the creature back to its original place. It is also possible to take over the bond and snatch the control of the creature if you're powerful enough. But the demon orc was summoned to lead them, so it being controlled by someone is unlikely. The best option would have to be to attack the insides. A generous dose of that extremely notorious poison which makes the body's organs attack each other or themselves until the body eats itself alive will do the trick, but such poison is so expensive the town would have to sell everyone and everything just to buy it. Illusion or mind-control magic might work too..."

Reachii:
    "With its size, I think tranquilizer that can knock out a horse would only give it a numb arm. Let's not forget the apparent density of its muscle, how are we gonna inject the thing..?"

We mulled some more strategies, but there were only so much we could predict with the vague informations. We'll have to do our own testings to be sure.

Before we knew it we've finished our late lunch, in which Aly prompted us to continue. We can't help but complain how hot it was, more to ourselves because I assume Aly wasn't paying attention as always. It continued for hours until we followed Aly onto another smaller branch.

There were several critters on the way, but nothing memorable in sense that even I could remove the threat before we can actually see them. Volcanic bats and such. To my surprise, after another long trek, Aly led us onto a natural hot spring. There was surprisingly no monster around, probably because it was too cool for their comfort. I would like to jump in sooo much, there were only so much I can do to remove the toad mucus on the way. I looked at Aly expectantly and she nodded with a weary expression.

"Let's take a dip!" I proclaimed, my half-burnt robe fluttering down before I even finished talking.

Yeeeah, modesty wasn't my strong point.

Psyx:
    Psyx regarded the hot spring for an instant. She wasn't able to take a bath after her last quest so she should be very dirty right now, but as someone who was used to corpses and other sorts of filth, Psyx didn't mind staying in that condition for a while. At least until she could get back to the inn.

And bathing with strangers is a bit...

Even though they already shared a meal and fought together, Psyx still couldn't trust the two enough to bring her guard down. The mage might have healed her and helped her a couple of times, but that didn't change the fact that Psyx didn't know much about them. She wasn't even sure that they were really guild members, or that they were what they appeared to be.

So Psyx declined Reachii's invitation and just sat on the ground a few feet away from the bubbling spring. Her zombie lizards laid next to her, and she took the chance to tear off some of the chunks of meat, claws, scales, teeth, eyeballs, and other organs to store them for future use.

Reachii:
    I got to admit, three years in a close-knit mercenary company didn't leave much for modesty.

I just throw my clothes off, almost instinctively folding them with telekinesis - there was a reason I prefer that one model of clothing. Testing the water, I leapt and gracefully (from my view) glided on the water surface before letting myself drop on the deeper part. I remained submerged for a while to properly scrub the filth. That done, I swam closer to the edge and remain almost entirely underwater save my head.

Aly's joining in, surprisingly. She had a bit blood from ripping up salamanders with her bare hand. Psyx stayed to pick off the alchemical component of the dead lizard instead, and refuse any invitation to bathe. Well, her loss.

Time passed quickly, it ended with no incident aside from that one time I sprayed water to Aly and received tidal wave in return. That swept my clothes and Psyx as collateral damage. Well, it didn't take much time drying both my clothes and Psyx with hot wind. She avoid glancing my direction, for some reason. Peculiar.

"Well then, to adventure!"

Aly didn't answer. Probably still cranky. Best not poke her reverse scale anytime soon.

Alliuna:
    Finally got to the salamander's room. Swarming with fire lizards the size of lions, of course, and the salamander itself is nowhere in sight, but those are easy problems to solve. Just cut up a few of these, have the furious parent show up to protect its young, then run away like rabbits and report back to the fools in charge of that guild. Easy as pie.

Which is an absolute nightmare. Cooking it is so difficult what with getting the crust properly cooked with not overcooking the inside, the number has infinite digits in every numerical base, and eating it is not that simple either.

That might all be bad luck though.

Anyway I move forward to prevent the lizards from attacking the fragile mages behind me. The first couple of lizards that noticed and tried to take a bite were swiftly convinced they'd find easier prey elsewhere by a couple of thrown stones. Utilizing fear here would be a problem for many reasons, not least of which the explosion that would occur once the salamander thought another dragonkin was challenging it. It would never stop pursuing me...

Which gives me a brilliant idea to be implemented later. When there aren't a pair of tattletales who could tell in what I just thought of. Or maybe even later than that. Just, eventually, it might come in handy.

The other mages seem to be doing their job. The telekinetic is throwing her blades around like its a fire sale, even if they aren't doing any serious damage yet, and the mental Mage seems to have the lizards fighting each other. Wait a second, that's not fighting. That's...
    Okay then. A very interesting mental Mage with some very unusual powers. Let's just leave them alone for a while. I don't judge.

About a dozen of the lizards are seriously hurt by each other or the blades and another three have minor injuries, but the salamander still hasn't come out yet.
    Or the lava pool is separating. Like that guy with the colored sea... Old Earth legend, Mo or something like that. And out comes a very, very, unhappy mama salamander.
    It's a huge red lizard with spines along its back and a pair of vestigial wings from its ancestry. It's scales glow orange and slightly liquid due to their extraoridnary temperature and the fact that they're slightly on fire. Baleful red eyes glare at us beneath a horned skull and ridged crests. It's stomach bulges slightly with its next brood.
    And it is followed by a pair of males.
    Reverse harem much?
    Wait that's not what I should be thinking. Three of them? Well...

Time to go. I run backwards and just manage to cover the mages with my wings before three streams of fire start melting the rock around us. Again, I hate lava baths and that does not mean I like lava showers. At all. I just got clean a few minutes ago. I grab one of the metallic blades and throw it at the ceiling. Several stalactites are severed by my move and start falling towards the trio of salamanders, distracting them long enough for me to catch the returning blade and throw them out of the room. They don't need much more hints before they pick themselves up and start running frantically away. Fortunately they seem to be going the right direction.

I follow along behind and try to get the quickly hardening lava off my wings. It leaves such terrible stains on everything... Almost impossible to wash off. Urgh... Why did I even do this?

Half an hour of running/flying/carrying the mentalist later we reach the outside. The volcano is trembling again, but now we have a valid cause for why. Other than the natural processes of magma induction and fluid dynamics, of course, because those obviously weren't good enough. Maybe we should have gone with the age old fire God. I'm sure I could have forcefully evolved a fire spirit into one... But then again I hate religions of every kind. The gods don't care about mortals, immortals, or even each other.

The two mages discuss how they have to report the trio of salamanders to the guild. As for myself....

I need to get these wings clean. I hate lava baths.

Psyx:
    The three of them continued traveling after the brief break in the hot springs, Aly and Reachii looking a whole lot cleaner when they came out while Psyx was...just a bit cleaner, no thanks to the two playing around in the water and accidentally getting her caught up in a tidal wave. Reachii's barely-restrained giggles over her drenched state made Psyx consider whether the whole thing was planned by the mage girl, but after getting dried by a hot wind she stopped her glaring (and turning away when the other girl seemed to notice).

Psyx thought that they were soon to reach whatever-place-they-were-going-to when the rumblings started getting louder and the heat stronger, and prepared herself for the worst. Knapsack at her back and wand in her left hand, they entered a room so gigantic the ceiling looked more like a red sky and was filled with so many lizards crawling around it made goosebumps run all over her skin.

Okay. I am definitely not prepared for this.

Aly stood in front of them and threw rocks at approaching lizards, instead of running ahead to slash at them with her claws like she did earlier. Reachii used her levitating saws, and Psyx ordered her zombies to attack their living brethren and summoned others from the remains of the new carnage. The lizards kept on coming at them, wave after wave after wave that the smell along with the heat made Psyx desperately wish she took the bath instead.

Suddenly the three biggest lizards Psyx had ever seen, dwarfing her mega zombie by a mile, came out of the lava pool where most of the lizards were swimming in and Aly retreated immediately. She grabbed the other two and dashed out of the room, her wings blocking away the hot sprays of lava from the melting rock ceiling and walls. Reachii helped Psyx who was struggling under the weight of her knapsack while Aly was busy throwing one of the levitated saws at the stalactites above them.

Psyx had a mental map of the way they took from when she awoke, but somehow the path that took several hours of walking was crossed in less than an hour or so, and soon they could see the sun and the sky again.

Reachii:
    What Aly said to be salamander turned out to be lava wyrms. So that's why she called the standard salamanders with fire lizard. Such massive understatement it was...

I barely managed to call by saws back. She thrown them with such force that it cleaved through rocks even without additional rotations, although most of the edge were chipped by now. I'll really miss them if they're lost too.

We had a quick stop to collect the fire crystals before separating, Aly saying something about getting cold hardened lava off her wings. Not like I'll take another ride with her, no sir. I bring Psyx along to the nearest town and took the teleportation platform back, walking together to the guild while being really really careful not to shake the crystals.

It was a productive day.

"We'd like to report three lava wyrms in the volcano, one female and two males. As well as the hundreds of salamanders in close vicinity of the three."

Psyx:
    When everything was reported and the quest was done, Psyx gave an awkward goodbye to Aly and Reachii. The former was indifferent as usual, while the latter made Psyx promise that they'd get together and do another quest someday. The whole adventure was a thousand times more troublesome Psyx could ever put up with, but with the mage girl's smile and puppy eyes (no wonder Aly was bothered enough to give them food) she reluctantly nodded while muttering to herself.

Psyx was finally able to head home after stopping by the market and selling off the jewels, making so much money she was no longer regretting the promise the was forced to make, and right before she went to bed she sneaked in the inn owner's room and slipped in some...stuff...in his secret stash of wine.

That night she slept quite soundly indeed.

19. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol Lejaq looks like a Murloc

ForumObserver likes this.
  20. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    ship ship ship lizardsXmurloc (lol)

Thread Status: