Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild Receptionist Table

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orphellia

Orphellia Origin Of Unknowns | Creation's Teacher & Mother

Reading List:
    Link
    *Smiles*
    You don't know whats happening do you?

2. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll put a belt on your clone too

3. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Feeling dirty and used?

4. fluffymigs

fluffymigs Balthazzar's Husband/Owner

Reading List:
    Link
    just putting it in here cause of the joint quest:

5. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be more believable if the orc did that to you instead. @Aca1814ina

6. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, can't hurt to do some overview on how well the others do. I'll need a bath anyway, won't be a problem getting a bit dustier.

The orcs were halting their march and made camp, I guess that's good. There was a large vortex on the sky amidst their camp, the center seemed... cracked? I guess that's where the orc demon was stuck for the time being. Not sure how long it'll hold, it very gradually widen as I see it.

Thin tentacles snaked out of the cracks. It had barbs covering the surface, and it constantly whipped on any of the orc that came close enough. Anyone snagged by those barb withered into dessicated corpse, and some of the crack closed when it happened. Peculiar.

The orcs were learning though. They stayed away from the hill below the vortex because that was the apparent center. Atop the hill was a massive multilayered spell formation, and on the center was an adventurer I somewhat recall from the guild. He was lined with brand-like tattoo on his visible skin, with somewhat withered figure and bleeding from all seven orifices. If not for the very faint reaction to my mana pulse I would've pass him off as dead.

The tentacles whipped my direction the moment I got into range, but I dove in avoiding its trajectory. I abruptly steered to my side halfway down, telekinetically yanking the priest from that circle. Predictably the tentacles turned violent, as if they lost some kind of inhibitor when I grabbed the guy. He must have influenced the tentacles up until the time I took him off.

I dove even further down, priest in tow, with tentacles hot behind me. I haphazardly use telekinesis to throw any orcs in my range to the sky, which the tentacles happily devour. It was done way too quickly though, faster than I can throw them. Still, I'm rapidly approaching the range limit of the tentacles. Just a bit more...

...and one snagged my ankle. Great.

Thankfully I'm flying with a pair of buzz-saws under my leg. It rapidly sheared off the tentacles in which allowed me to tear it off, and escaped to the city. Around a tenth of my mana was gone with that short contact, but on the flip side the cracks mended considerably.

I spotted a particular group of cages on the orcs' hastily erected encampment, so I ripped it off the ground and had them float after me leaving orcish curses on my wake.

"Any medic here? I think this guy is dying. And there are some more in the cages outside, I've break the locks. And I need someone to remove this barbed tentacle stuck in my leg, it hurts."

@Bielt
    @LordOfPies

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Bielt likes this.
  7. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    Psyx was leaving the tavern when a familiar mage descended some distance away with an unconscious guy in tow.
    Couldn't she heal people?

Psyx wasn't kind enough to give her reserved-for-life-threatening-emergencies health potion to a total stranger, but the tentacle part she could help with. Reachii did help her a while ago, after all.

Approaching the two, she took out her wand and said, "hold still for a moment" to the mage girl before muttering a spell. The tentacles soon started to writhe as if they were being burned by an invisible fire then plopped lifelessly on the ground.

8. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched with amazement as the tentacle shriveled and disintegrated into fine dust. There were several dozens of holes left from the barbs, but an offhand cast of regeneration closed it just fine. I'm still amazed at her decay magic, which wasn't available in the academy for some reason. I got to learn that someday.

"I know what are you thinking, but light magic isn't my thing. A proper priest should take a look as soon as possible, I found him amidst a big magic circle that summon the thing capable of restraining that demon orc so he may have some sort of bad curse remaining."

@Bielt

Bielt likes this.
  9. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    [OOC: I was actually thinking about purity magic, but now that you think about it, decay magic would suit a fujoshi better, huh?]

"You should go back to the Guild or the Tavern then," Psyx said. Reachii didn't need any help in carrying the priest, so there's nothing else for her to do here. "Bye."

10. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Fire fixes everything, I think to myself as I descend from the troposphere of this planet. The lava caking my wings is gone now, vaporized by heat far above what even stone can withstand. Of course, using such heat within a planetary atmosphere, especially one that contains such light elements as nitrogen and oxygen, would be... An exceptionally bad idea.

It's a heat that exceeds that of O type supernovas. The gamma burst alone from detonating that flame would have been enough to ignite fusion reactions in the entire atmosphere, and if the propagating wave hadn't been sealed by several dimensional tears I'm not sure the planet would have been able to avoid the thermal burst which would have cracked it like an egg. But on the other hand, it's so troublesome to clean between every little scale and reach that little spot on my back at the base of my wings, so I feel entirely justified using a method that's could annihilate a solar system to get clean. I'm positively sparkling now.

Which reminds me of a slight problem. The robes I was wearing are made of Phoenix feathers woven with Titan hair and Divine Silk. Or perhaps I should say were made of... Phoenix feathers can regenerate from anything an infinite number of times, and Titan hair is supposedly indestructible, not to mention Divine Silk can even be damaged, but...
    Apparently not even those materials can survive what I did to myself. Honestly I'm not really surprised, considering everything I know about me, but it's still very annoying. So I raise my right hand in front of my face and sigh at the silvery flame that appears around it.

I hate using this. That fire obeys only one rule, and that rule is so infuriatingly empty that it basically isn't even a rule at all. But it's the only method I have right now to get to where I need to go. I can open minor dimensional gates to send inanimate objects through, but those objects are so damaged by the transition that I only send things valuable for their materials, not their composition. The rest I keep in a dimensional space tied to this universe, these planes of existence. I count a few thousand, with this the lowest among them. A tiny portion of all Reality which believes itself the totality, a common story. This tiny little flame alone knows more about Eternity than every last one of them.

But before I use it I sense something I haven't sensed on this world before. A form of energy so eminently familiar to me, and yet so strange at the same time. Chaos... True chaos, the energy which cannot be controlled or understood by any being save only one. Yet there are so many who use it without that control, and so frequently it chooses simply to obey for fun. This will be useful...

Once I've descended to a reasonable height, I see the reason for the chaos energy. Desperation against the demon forced the adventurers to open a portal to chaos and summon a chaos elemental. I'm not entirely sure that's an improvement... If it comes all the way through it will be a far more difficult being to deal with than the demon oni even after my enhancements. Primarily because I don't want to go anywhere near a being of chaos in a material form. It is closer kin of mine than any of these humans, after all.

But that rift will work for what I need. It's collapse is starting already, but I send a pulse of primordial power more fundamental than mana or even gravity down to hold it open. I then cover myself with that same power, except for my mind. My sets of power link the rift to myself, rotating it to my direction and pulling it towards me rapidly. The orcs will take hours to recover from the damage its already done, so I don't feel guilty in the slightest about removing it before it collapsed.

Seconds later, my body and the rift meet, and I fall through to the chaos realm of this universe.
    Chaos. A realm that every thinking and living being should avoid at any and all cost, for its power to drive them mad or kill them without mercy or a chance of the soul to escape. The worst souls are not sent to hell, but returned to chaos. The most evil gods fear it, and the most good do everything in their power to seal it. Unimaginable is the horror of chaos, and yet...
    I feel so at home here. It is a lesser chaos constrained by infinite amounts of order imposed by so many Primordials and Demiurges that cannot bear it. Even a progenitor has taken an interest... That is stunning to me. Those are so rare in existence that I cannot help but try to identify it. But all I can tell is that it is uses some sort of mask as its symbol. Perhaps... I look at a black winged mask I received from an interesting fellow at the adventurers guild. There's no way the two are connected... But then again I was drawn there, along with several deities and higher beings. What fortune indeed... The inheritor of a progenitor, and a creation progenitor at that. Very interesting indeed.

Yet the information I can glean from this chaos realm is not what I seek. I dive deeper, ignoring the instincts of the living beings and the cries of the dead surrounding me that warn me to turn back. Deeper, until all of those voices are silent. Everything is silent.
    No light, no sound, no touch, no smell. Not even taste can detect anything. This is a primordial void, an existence that does not exist that the first beings called nihilo, nothingness. There are an uncounted number of these that I know of. Each distinct, each the foundation of universes so separated from each other that only the powers which cannot be so constrained can even detect the existence of others. Not even most progenitors could do so. Yet...

There is no need to wonder how. Nor a need to understand why. But this void welcomes me as its own child. That is not technically untrue. Even so, I resent it every time and force myself past it. Diving into the void beyond which there is nothing, using the gate that for every other being in these thousands of planes does not exist, I return to my own home.

*timeskip*
    [OOC: nope, I'm not telling where she came from just yet.]

POV third:

The void at the base of the universe trembles slightly. A few beings who are connected to it wonder at the disturbance, but do not go forth to investigate. The void itself does not wish them to, after all.

Immediately afterwards, a single girl emerges from the void. She is carrying a rather large bag filled with things retrieved from her home near the original chaos, and wearing a violet robe which sparkles with high caliber materials. She has short silver hair that sparkles lightly as if truly metallic, and large blue eyes with slighly slitted pupils. She looks nothing more than a child, perhaps thirteen or fourteen years of age, though her pointed ears indicate that this number could be off by an order of magnitude. She extends her silvery wings as she prepares to leave, but before she does, she looks back at the void, and then sighs.
    "Mother..."
    She says quietly into the soundless, lightless realm. Yet somehow, she speaks where nothing else ever could.

A portal opens high above the world, and the chaos realm spits me out over the world I have decided to call home for a while. Returning from chaos is so much easier than entering it, if you can keep your mind intact and have a physical body. Those two things are usually mutually exclusive.

I store my things on the lair I've been keeping above the planet, a small asteroid too small to detect from the ground, yet still about a kilometer in diameter. Large enough to cause serious damage if it falls, but I would never let that happen. Inside, I head to my personal room and spread out a layer of gold on which to lay. Soft and smooth... Gold is truly the best mattress ever invented.

Content, I go to sleep and try not to think too much about my visit to my birthplace.

Napknight and A5G_Reaper like this.
  11. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Participants- Wraith(bomber), pukupyoo(tamer), fanzzeta(berserker), luxadia(healer, cook), nope(support).
    Mine 5 mithril (maximum rewards, 6 adventurer points)
    quest detail:
    the blacksmith in the town is in dire need of mithril ore. please mine for some mithril in the 'Galant Mine' northwest of the village. please be careful since the mine might collapse anytime and there are skeleton miner wandering in the area.
    Quest reward: 1x mithril ore (crafting system spoiler alert)
    The warmth of sunlight woke Pyoo up and she felt the rhythmic breathing of Lala and Moru, who were curled up besides her. ChouChou was probably at a nearby tree, and Hess was laying between her and Moru as always. It felt like a good day.
    Moru stirred, feeling that Pyoo had woken up, and so, Pyoo started getting up as well and did some light stretching. They completed their morning routine and raced to and from the nearby hill. Pyoo was still amazed at how fast Lala is despite her big body. Hess has finally learned to be as far away as possible from a running Lala.
    Remembering that Pyoo wanted to let Lala stay at Nope's house, after they finished their little exercise, she went to Nope's garden.

At Nope's place, she was greeted by the sight of 4 people surrounding a Goblin. But they're not attacking it... Oh! She quickly realized that it was her own Goblin. Pyoo got closer, wondering why they're surrounding the poor monster like that.

"It's definitely Gobu-kun"
    "That's too simple and cliched! It needs to be Kuong Bu. Nothing else works"

"Huh, what are they talking about?" Pyoo pondered. She decided to approach Nope directly.
    "Nope, who are those people?"
    "Pyoo-sama! These people are my party members!"
    "Party? Like a permanent one?"
    "Yeah. There are 2 more but they are away on a quest right now."
    "Hmmm, what are they talking about?"
    "They're naming the Gardener you gave me yesterday," Nope was shining when he said that.
    Hmm, my Goblin, is it.
    "I like Kuong Bu Better!"
    "!!?"
    "???"
    "It's my Goblin, right? Then, I'd decide the name!"
    " "..............." "
    "What's with the silence? Oh, right, they don't know me.", Pyoo realized, "Oh! Nice to meet you, I'm Pyoo. I'm the Tamer that tamed the Goblin, Kuong Bu, there"
    "Ah, yes, how about we get Pyoo-sama to party up and do the quest with us!"
    "Eh.. but she's so li...."
    "Hmm? That sounds good, let's go."
    And like that, they went to the Adventurer's Guild together.
    There was a sense of awkwardness floating around as this group was thrown of their pace by the Beast Tamer.
    - - -

On the way to the Adventurer's Guild, Timon told them of a Mithril Mining quest which they could do. Nope and Timon apparently knew about the location of the mine.

"This is looking good, I'm excited. Wait. If we're going to mine, that means a Cave, huh? ChouChou is no good with caves." "ChouChou, go to Lala, I'll meet you guys tonight,"
    ChouChou, obeying Pyoo's commands, fluttered her wings a bit before flying away.
    "Wha...."
    "Hmm?" Pyoo murmured as she looked at her teammates, "but why do they look so surprised?", she wondered.

They accepted the Mithril Mining quest and went to get some supplies. Some potions, mining apparatus, and lights. Apparently, there are monsters inside the mine, so you can never be too careful. Well, it's their first time mining. It's also their first time forming a party consisting of 5 people. Everyone was a bit excited!
    In front of the Mithril Mine were 3 skeletons. Each had a sword and a shield in their hands. They were guarding the entrance.

"They are only three. Let's ambush them swiftly. Nope buffs please!", Luxadia started the fight.
    *chanting, chanting*
    "Be swifter and be stronger my comrades!", Nope casted buffs on his allies.
    "They are mine", Timon exclaimed confidently, while rushing at them.
    "You wish", Fanz said full of bloodthirst and running next to him.
    "Grrrr", Muru had already run in their front and slaughtered one poor skeleton.

Fanz and Timon killed the remaing two skeletons.
    "This dog is fast...", the Beserker and the Bomber thought....

Such three skeletons had went into eternal rest.
    There was a group of eight and a group of five skeletons standing idly around.
    Three skeleton warriors and two skeleton archers. Fanz rushed into the skeletons before they noticed their party first.

*crack!*

He punched a skeleton warrior's skull and destroyed it in one attack!

"Give me the buff now!*

When fanz said it, he could feel a rush of warm sensation spreading through his body like four surging waves.
    Attack, defense, speed and hardness buff.

*grin*

Fanz did a low swipe and made one of the skeleton warriors fall.
    He also dislocated the other skeleton feet.

*bam* *clack*

After he made these two bones fall apart, he crushed the closest skeleton archer with a downright kick.
    Using the kick as pivot, he did a spin kick to the skeleton skull. Sending it to the fallen skeleton warior skull, shattering both of them.

The last dislocated skeleton was trying hard to stand before falling down again.

"Savate. Fifth style. Canon."

*duar!*

Well.. to say the least Fanz didn't break a single sweat in this fight.

"Fanz! Duck!"

*pshu!*
    *gasp*

Suddenly an arrow passed over his head. Almost hitting his head.

"Thanks Nope!"

Fanz looked for the arrow's source and found three skeletons. Two archers and one mage.
    The mage looked as if being in the middle of chanting some spell.
    The archer tried to distract us and to help the mage finish its spell.
    Well. Fanz, too still had an ace in his hand.
    The Berserker snapped his hand.

"Gamble. Trick."

Trick. One of Fanz's gambler job skills. It's not a showy skill. This skill effect was to distrupt others' senses just for two seconds.
    A nice skill to fight a mage.

*Bam!*

The mage chant was cancelled and harmed the mage itself. Destroying his skull.

*pshew!*

And made the arrow fail to hit it's target by a big margin. The arrow just flew harmlessly to both of Fanz's sides.

"Gamble. Swift switch."

Fanz exchanged both of the archers with the arrow that failed to hit him.
    He did a handstand and a spinning swipe with both of his legs, destroying the skeleton in the blink of an eye.
    After entering the dungeon, and welcomed by skeletons, the party was surprised again a large stone golem. Surprised and tense. The party prepared for battle. The tanker went forward first. The dd followed along. They tried to do damage, but the golem barely reacts. It swatted them with a hand.
    Lux chanted a heal and the second wave prepared for an assault when suddenly, pyoo shouted loudly, "fuuuRAAAAA"
    "!!?"
    "??????"
    "RAAITEE IRUNARAA KOURAA YOUITEYUKUUUU"
    Her eyes brimming with excitement while the golem seems to be struggling. After a while, it started walking to the girl. The other were surprised and couldnt react fast enough, but pyoo seemed calm. The golem dropped to its knee and she touched her hands to its forehead. A faint glow can be seen and the golem rose again. The other 4 adventurers are visibly confused when pyoo said "golem, huh. What do you think of the name Ethe?"
    Pyoo sama tamed golem, can golem work on garden too?
    Oh its not time to thinking bout it, now my time to find mining spot, luckily i've already drawn simple map of this map from some source on town library, we followed the road, and ... oh its here! Hmmm not really much mithril here, but there also adamantide huh, yep this much mithril is already enough for each of us to finish the quest 2 time

"Did we need to mine adamantite too?", Pyoo asked.
    "Its okay if have some spare time...", Timon replied.

"No, this mine is dangerous let us do this as fast as possible!", I urged them to not waste time.
    After some discusion we decide to just mine mithril
    okay now time to mine!

Pyoo-sama's stone golem helps mining....
    The Golem is really convenient, its has lot affinity of rock and mineral, our time to mine is reduced more than half~

*Dig dig dig~ Mine mine mine~ Dig mine dig mine~

I heard some cute sound
    Pyoo sama did u sing some mining song?

2 hour later
    5*5=25 okay we already got 25 mithril ore, 15 came from golem btw, we collect 7 adamantide too yeah because golem really helpfull, lets save it for now
    After the exhausting battle, the party of five finally found a vein of mithril ore and decided to set up camp.
    "Alright guys, we have found a vein. Pyuu, let the golem start mining. All the injured come to me." Luxadia spoke out and started handing out recovery potions.
    "{insert dialogue/spell/command here}", Pyoo commanded the newly acquired Stone Golem to grab a pick axe and start the mining, after which she attended to her injured dog.
    "I'll keep guard", Timon took the initiative to check out the surroundings and place various traps around their camp.
    Everyone was tired and Fanz, sensing the drop in the liveliness, energetically picked up a pickaxe and started with the mining. Infected by his vigor, even Nope decided to try his hand at mining.
    With new found energy, the four of them made short work of the mining and had almost dug out 25 units of ore. It was at this point that a loud rumble was heard, followed by slighly high-pitched voice," Guys, HEY GUYS!!! Look over here!!"
    Timon, while laying the traps had damaged the walls of the mine, revealing an entrance to a hidden part of the mine. "I can't see clearly, even with the torch, not even the walls are visible. This looks like a massive space."
    Luxadia and Pyoo scampered to Timon and peered inside the passageway. After a pause, Luxadia asked Timon," What do you think of this?"
    "My instincts tell me that this place is important, may contain treasures or the origin of the skeleton infestation", Timon replied honestly.
    "Alright, we will take a look after the mining is completed."
    The discovery o this new area filled everyone with excitement. This rush of adrenalin is why people become adventurers in the first place. The excitement one gets when discovering a new place can never be forgotten.
    "Everyone ready?"
    """"Yeah""""
    "Lets proceed"
    The group travelled through the passageway carefully, but it seemed to be an open space rather than a passageway. There were a multitude of semi spherical rocks about knee height in sizze arranged in a grid like pattern.
    I play salt-n-pepa - shoop.

When we found that entrance, someone told us to get inside.
    Ara? That is me? Em. Fine.
    So! I told my party member to get on this omnious entrance. Tehee☆

*shudder!*

What's gotten into me?!
    Well forget that.
    In that place we found a dome like room.
    In front of our party can be seen a row after row of tomstone, it's the semi cicular one not the cross.

"Did you think these tomb has those skeleton in them?" -fanz
    "Hey don't jinx it!" -pyoo
    "It's will not that cliche... right?" -nope
    "That will not happen." -timon
    "I think so too. If it's did happen that there are monster in there then we are lucky as winning a lottery." -Luxadia
    *Rumble!*

Ooohh... i smell trouble...

"Who the one that say bad about it?" -pyoo
    "Not me. I just say maybe the tomb has bones in it." -fanz
    "..." -Luxadia
    "Lux... what have you done?!" -nope
    "I remember me too close Lux mouth next time we found this kind of moment." -timon
    I know i jinx it too when i take those bones as easy thing...
    Whose god i made pact again? Ah right.
    Loky... i know. I know you like to mess with me, But can you tone it down?
    Look at freyja! She never did anything to me. Except made me meet weird people.,She never pull a shit like this to me.
    Hel is the most nicer between you deity...

*reach!*

A hand come out!
    A hand coming out from the tomb!
    It's bonny so it's not zombie apocalypse!
    ..uhm. pyoo? Where do you got that bat?
    Timon. I think a chainsaw not needed either.
    Luxadia... a cross will not make them disappear.
    Nope... when did you got those gun? It's hard to get. Did you have the license?

*awkward moment..*

"*cough!* let's forget it." -pyoo
    "Yeah let's" -fanz

"Like hell!!!"

Orz

"Why did you.think a hand coming out from tomb as zombie appocalipse?!"

At first it's only five skeleton. Then multiplied to ten. Then mutiplied again. Then again..
    Ithe skrleton iinfront of us is morr than 50..

"Guys... and lady. have any plans?
    Those skeletons were, too many! The adventurers had to retreat. But before they could see, they were already surrounded by a ridiculous amount of skeletons...

Desperately they fought. The skeletons slaughtered them. And Nope fell into a dangerous state, where he was unconscious due to the accumulated damage by the skeletons. It was a massacre.

When Fanz realised that Nope passed out and was about to die...

"BERSERKER'S TAUNT", he acted without thinking and drew all the aggro to him.
    "RETREAT IMMEDIATLY! TIMON GRAB NOPE, WE MUST GET OUT OF HERE!", Luxadia screamed in this dire situation.
    Timon carried Nope and they ran out of the dungeon.

Pyoo's dog, which had transformed into a wolf jumped back to get Fanz out.

Fanz's life was very low, he thought that this was saying farewell to his comrades and this life...

Then suddenly. *wooooosh* *cracklee*
    A big wolf-like animal jumped on the skeletons.

"Pyoo's dog", Fanz was happy to see this familiar fellow. He jumped on the wolf.

The skeleton army shot their arrows, slashed with their swords and chanted their spells at the dog. He was heavily injured, but jumped high over the skeletons with Fanz on his back and brought the berserker out of the dungeon...
    Fanz and Timon carried Nope and Muru as they tried to run into the town
    "*gasp* *gasp* lets split up. We'll go get help for Nope and Muru"
    "Okay, we'll go finish the quest and hurry back"
    Luxadia gripped tightly at the mithril ores in his bag, tapped his partner and started to run. He looked back to see his friend, strugging to breathe, as Timon ran to get help.
    "HURRY! HURRY!"
    "I KNOW! SHUT UP AND RUN!"
    The two rushed with all their might, desperately clinging to the bag of mithril ores in their hands.
    They ran up to the Blacksmith [workshop?] with ghastly faces, and banged open the door.
    "HI, I mean, hi..... Please tell me you're in..." Pyoo pleaded.
    The burly blacksmith went out of the back room, "whoa, why are you guys so desperate. I'm here, I'm here"
    The two gasped hard for hair while trying to shove the mithril to the blacksmith and talk between the gasps
    "we're a party *gasp* of five *gasp* here, we're done."
    "we need *gasp* to hurry. give *gasp* us the *gasp* stamps"
    "... Okay, let me check the ores quickly" Luxadia shoved the bag onto the old man. The blacksmith quickly yet skillfully check the ores and gave them their stamps. Luxadia swiftly grabbed and crumpled the stamps notifying the five's success at their quest. They ran again to the Adventurer's Guild and, with pale faces, finished the party's first quest together.

They rushed to the, place where the hurt people were with quick steps and solemn faces.

Results: @wraith , @pukupyoo , @Nope34 , @FanzZeta , @Luxadia finished the Mithril Quest
    - Pyoo obtained a stone golem
    - The party recieved Mithril items
    - The party recieved Adamatite
    - A secret dungeon in the mithril mine was found~

Note: WE DID THIS FOR 2 DAYS OMG THIS PROJECT IS FINALLY DONE
    @Ldyrdy SNOW! THIS IS THE QUEST I SAID MY PARTY IS MAKING. YOU BETTER BE CONSIDERING THIS AND NOT DELETE THE QUEST! D:

P.s. Our party members, some joined the Raid and some did other quests on the day of the raid. This is intended to be for the day after that, but... the day hasn't started yet?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    ForumObserver, Napknight and VOLX98 like this.
  12. Napknight

Napknight 『Knight of Naps』『Never Ending Loop』

Reading List:
    Link
    Does this mean i can still take the Mining quest...

13. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link

Suddlen, I fell a force pulling my body. My conscience start to return to my body, and the conection between the Thing and I is undone.
    I... thought I was dead, but when I open my eyes... I could barely see the Rift:
    [​IMG]

and then... my vision is obstructed by... something, when I... raise my head... to look what it was... I see... with mine mist vision a person...
    my conscience was... just too muddy and I couldn't... even remember if... I knew who that person...
    But I...for some...reason...Could just....Think of....one thing...BEAUTIFUL...

Gradually as we...were getting more...far of th...the...rift...the pain...caused by the runes... start to fade...
    I don't know why... but the pain in my... left wrist... and eye...are still strong...and I feel like...there was something different, even with the conection... undone, I could still fell the thing...like, if a Part of it was... inside of me...and a part of me... was left...there...inside it...

As the pain easy my conscience start to fade....
    "I...must...find...who...helped...me" that was my last thought

1 - SUMMON - Life-Force Eater Monster
    [​IMG]

2 - Life-Force Absorption

14. Napknight

Napknight 『Knight of Naps』『Never Ending Loop』

Reading List:
    Link
    This quest is getting better stories

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Bielt likes this.
  15. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    *better

Napknight likes this.
  16. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dis is gunna b gud
    *Grabs a chair and popcorn*

Bielt likes this.
  17. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ldyrdy I wrote a side quest in Tavern that is somewhat related to the Demon Orc raid quest but its not really related to the raid quest. Still, enjoy. This post is to put the main quest together with the side quest so you won't have to look everywhere for them.

Main Quest
    Raid Against the Demon Orc

Side Quest
    Ransacking the Orcs' Treasury

18. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well , might as well put this here since this is after the whole battle with the demon orc.
    The outside of the guild is still noisy. The after effect of the demon orc has not subsided, forcing adventurers to still be ready in case of emergency. Among those adventurers, I am one of them. But most of the adventurers might not realized who I am. Not that I am famous or not, but I have one characteristic that is very hard to be miss. And that is the fact that I always ride my clockwork spider whenever I go. This time, though, I walked by foot.

Unlike the adventurers that are walking toward the battlefield, my destination is anything but that. In fact, it is the exact opposite of them. I walked to the rear most area of the city where the HQ is located. The reason? There is a large field that is unused for a long time. But recently, it has been used by the guild due to the current emergency. What, you might ask? It is for refugee camp.

“…My…this is…”

Bad. Depressing. The whole atmosphere is very heavy that it suffocated me slightly. It is an understandable fact, though. Losing their house, their land, their belonging, or even their family.

“…That girl…lost her mother…”

I let out a heavy sigh as I remembered that girl unfortunate fate. I couldn’t forget that event even after the whole battle is done. I know that I will no doubt going to see something similar in the future. This is the path I chose, after all. It is anything but a gentle path.

“The spider guy?”

Huh? The spider guy? I looked toward the source of the voice and found a boy that is slightly younger than me. Is he referring to me? Now that’s a new nickname I have never heard before. I was called tech guy, tech soldier, bomb guy, and maybe…perfume guy. But never the spider guy.

“You forgot? I’m the one that you rescued from the orc. Remember?”

“orc? Rescue? Have I…Oh, yes! Yes! I remember. You’re one of the guy that was pulling the cart, right?”

“Yes, that was me.”

“Ah, it is good to see you in a good condi-Uhm, I mean, uhm…”

“Don’t worry, sir…”

“Oh, I’m Shadow. Just Shadow. Don’t use any sir business. I’m…not that comfortable with that.”

I let out a wry laugh as I said that. It’s just not my style to be called like that.

“Understand, si-I mean Mr. Shadow.”

Err, that’s a bit…no, that’s fine, I guess.

“What are you doing here? It’s rare to see adventurer here.”

Hmm, that’s right. What…am I doing here? I…

“I was just… checking for the villagers’ condition.”

“The…condition, ...is it?”

Huh? The atmosphere became heavier all of a sudden. Did I trip onto a landmine? That’s pretty ironic for one that always use trap in their job.

“What is it?”

“…Nothing…Let me take you to the others.”

We walk a bit further into the camp. Along the way, I could see people that walked with empty eyes and weak step. I don’t blame them at all. I don’t. But…can they really recover? I mean…I don’t know. I just…don’t know.

“Here is our tent.”

He opened the small flap and then enter the tent. I followed him and saw 3 sleeping people inside it. All of them are young girl. Wait…With the boy, there are only 4…But…The others?

“…Where are the others? I think there were more, right?”

“…There were 7 of us.”

Oh no…Don’t tell me…

“The…remaining 3?”

“They…left to check the village.”

“And…what happened?”

“…We…never heard from them again.”

“Their direction!”

“E-Eh?”

“They left to which direction?”

“U-Uhm…the main road, I think.”

The main road is…oh...dear no…That is the direction of the last battle. The place where…dear…no…

“They will come back…,right?”

He asked me with a weak voice. I looked at his eyes and I could not stand the expectation that he still had in his eyes. My chest tightened as I want to squeeze the true answer out for her. Even if I wanted to, my voice failed to came out. It was as if I was not allowed to break the truth to them. No. Not to those eyes that still has hope. But…those hope will never be fulfilled. We have report that the village near the battlefield has been decimated. The remnant of those people is here, in the camp. If they are not here, they are probably…ugh…

“…Please…have hope…”

I said to them as I grabbed my chest. That is the best answer I can give.

“…I see.”

The boy looked at me with an understanding look. He truly understand what I meant by that.

“…Thank you, Mr. Shadow.”

No. Please don’t. You can’t thank me. You shouldn’t thank me. I…just no. But I can’t say that. The last thing I want is to see the same expression that girl has…that girl…

“Hey, I’m sorry, to ask this…but have you seen a girl with…”

I told him the characteristic of the girl that I remembered. The moment he heard that, his expression darkened….Why?

“…I know. I’ve seen her.”

“..Can you take me to her?”

“…Sure…”

We exited the tent slowly, avoiding to wake up any of them. He then walked a bit farther than the camp and arrived at the edge of the town. There we saw a girl sitting in a rock, all alone. Yes. That’s her. I want to see her closer, but the boy grabbed my hand. I looked at him with a strange expression. Before I could ask why, he started talking again.

“You shouldn’t get close to her. At least…not now.”

“…Why?”

“…She…never react to anyone. Ever.”

“…You mean…”

“…Yes.”

The girl is alive. But she is not much different than a soulless body. I smiled at him and then nodded. He let go of my hand and then I walked toward her. Just as he said, the girl just kept looking to the forest, as if waiting for something.

I ten crouched down to her level and looked at her. She is unharmed, but her eyes are empty. This is bad…

“Hey, little one.”

I called her with the gentlest voice I could use. Nothing.

“Hey, are you okay there?”

Nothing.

“Aren’t you cold?”

Nothing.

“…let’s go inside. You’ll catch a cold, little one.”

I stretched my hand toward her. Then suddenly a twitch of her hand could be seen. Oh? She’s reacting. That’s goo-

“…mama…”

“Huh?”

“…mama…give…her back…”

My heart was pierced by that weak voice. She didn’t look at me, but I feel that she is asking me that question. I’ve never felt so powerless. I felt powerless not in front of a strong and scary monster. I felt powerless at the sight of a child whose family I can’t save in time.

I couldn’t held back and hug her gently. The moment I did that, her body trembled greatly.

“…mama….give….her…back…”

“…I’m sorry, little one…Sorry…”

I kept hugging her and then I felt my clothes dampened at that. Together with that, I heard a soft sobbing sound. Just like that time, the girl started to cry. I too felt my eyes getting hotter.

We stay in that position for a few moments until the sound of sobbing died out. I glanced at the girl and found that she was asleep. Probably too tired, both physically and mentally.

“…Mr. Shadow.”

I felt a hand tapped my shoulder. I looked at the boy from before.

“…What’s your name?”

“Rewis.”

I took a deep breath and then looked back to the girl.

“Rewis, can I…ask you to take care of her? I know that I am meddling here and…I know that you are not in the best situation too, but…can I ask you for that?”

“…If Mr. Shadow wanted me to.”

“…I appreciate it.”

I smiled at him. I stood up lifted the girl’s frail body. It was very light. But her heart is carrying something heavy.

After leaving the girl into Rewis’ tent, I walked back to my room. That day, I swore to myself that I might not be the strongest, but I will do my absolute best so that the weaker one will not be the victim of this crazy war.

19. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: thanks for writing the aftermath and post war, not just the glorified battle ♡

Napknight likes this.
  20. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: You're welcome. This might not sounded right to some people, but I always want to point out that the war is not all about glory and death in the battlefield, but also the suffering and the struggle of the people left behind by the battle. Somehow that fact made me have to write that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.