Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Main Tavern

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordOfPies

LordOfPies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    awwwwe baby shower

2. a101011

a101011 [Hero Martial Porcupine]

Reading List:
    Link
    Coming into the Tavern, I smell the adventurers all huddled up together, talking about their recent quests or celebrating merrily. Smelling an opportunity, I head straight to the center and in a loud voice made an announcement.
    Announcing the sale of Doom Weapons. These are the epitome weapons of darkness, and as a Doom Knight I possess the ability to create them. These are not only powerful weapons of darkness, but can be upgraded to become stronger. They all possess the chance to inflict the target with DOOM!, a darkness DOT attack. Of course wielding a weapon of darkness doesn't come without consequences. By wielding one you choose to sacrifice your luck stat.
    Pricing is simple. In terms of Doom Weapons you have the basic three: axe, staff, and twin daggers. These are priced at 1000 gold each. Then you have the custom ones, in which you will tell me the weapon template and I create it based on the template. Due to these being custom made, a price of 1500, the extra 500 is a service fee.
    As only a Doom Knight can create these, so can only one upgrade. There are 16 tiers as of now in which they can be upgraded by, with each one adding a 2% damage boost per tier. The tiers are as follows:
    Dark
    Unlucky
    Mighty
    Dread
    Heartless
    Obsidian
    Forsaken
    Grim
    Dire
    Bone
    Horrific
    Ghastly
    Grisly
    Bloody
    Sanguine
    Corrupt
    As to upgrade them certain materials will be required and a flat fee of 50 gold is charged. As to what those materials are that will be elaborated in the future. Most of them will probably be obtained from questing and the highest tiers require S rank materials of course.
    T1: Research Materials
    Rumor has it, deep within the swamp there is a mysterious hut within the reeds. Without anyone to lead you there, it is impossible to find. Even the most experienced guide will get lost while trying to find this place. Only by getting lucky can you stumble upon it.
    Inside is quiet shop, filled to the brim with numerous random objects. Various skulls line the shelves and the displays are glass tubes, filled to the brim with a mysterious liquid, with a mystery creature inside.
    There behind the counter sits the shop keeper, staring at you deeply and watching your hands, as if he believed you were going to steal something. If you had any thoughts about stealing the materials from his, think again. Around his body is a murderous aura, which could drive anyone mad. His eyes are a deep yellow, almost as if they were those of a wolf.
    It is him who sells the research materials, though not without a price. He requires a payment of 3000 gold before relinquishing the research materials.
    T2: Heart of an Imp, Remains of Dead imbued with Darkness, 100 slimes cores
    According to recent reports there is some information floating around the tavern about a mysterious castle full of undead that are surrounded by an aura of darkness. Imps I have no clue about, maybe someone that works with demons may be able to help?
    Rest tbd
    No pre-orders at this time, as orders will officially begin when the market is out, this is only a temporary spot.
    All credits go to the game Dragonfable and Artix Entertainment the devs, for the idea, names, and basics such as abilities.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  3. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    [OOC: By Gold do you mean the real gold points we get from completing quests?]

4. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you can't really use the gold reward at the moment. it will be use after the next update or something. Just want to point that out.

5. a101011

a101011 [Hero Martial Porcupine]

Reading List:
    Link
    I did say that it wouldn't begin till the market system is up lol :p
    And yes the gold you obtain from quests, selling stuff, etc.

6. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you did. Well, sorry about that. Hehehe...I'll read the description better next time.

7. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    @A5G_Reaper
    PSYX:
    After meeting Reachii and the unconscious stranger, Psyx went off to find a cave in the forest to do the enchantment job she was given earlier. She finished the task a couple of hours later, and she went back to the inn she was currently staying at only to find its windows and doors locked. Did the smell get that bad?

"Oh, dear customer!" somebody called out. Psyx turned and saw a woman she identified as the inn owner's relative walking over to her. "Are you the customer who uses the first room in our inn?"

Psyx nodded, and the woman suddenly bowed her head. "I'm very sorry, but my father is very sick right now, and he wants to go to a nearby town to get his health checked so we had no choice but to close down the inn."

Psyx couldn't help but stare at the woman in disbelief. He just spent one day in the comfort room and the bastard immediately closes down the inn? Are these people serious?

The woman kept on apologizing, until Psyx got enough and left, muttering curses under her breath. Now where do I sleep today? And the next day? What if it rains again? Curse that stupid moron!

Okay, she was the one who slipped some stuff in his wine that caused his diarrhea, but that was revenge! He was the one who locked her, a sick person, out of her room and forced her to go to the tavern to 'celebrate' because she moved up to Rank D, and caused her to get kidnapped and do a very troublesome quest. It was his fault in the first place.

Psyx was going to the library when she met a familiar mage girl who was just leaving a church.

"Psyx! Want go drinking with me? I'll treat you!"

She didn't really know what went to her head, but hours later she found herself in the tavern, telling Reachii a summarized version of her past.

Sold to a wandering group of heretics by her parents because of poverty, Psyx learned an assorted, mix-matched set of skills from her employers while working as a slave/poison tester/human guinea pig. The group disbanded after ten years and Psyx was set free to do whatever she wanted, which could also be interpreted as her being fired and kicked out from her home. She soon discovered that only master necromancers, occultists, and alchemists had stable jobs, and a fledgling like her with no connections had to do something else if she wanted to sleep under a roof and eat three meals a day. Thus, after drifting around doing odd work like stealing, assassinating, farming, mining, beast catching, selling merchandise, and etc, Psyx found herself signing up for an adventurer's guild in a town she was staying in.

REACHII:
    I nodded as Psyx finished narrating her life story. In a nutshell she was picked by a cult of necromancer to be a strange mix of housekeeper and acolyte. It was disbanded, however, and she got pretty much kicked out of her only home. While I'd say she was lucky to be intact that's the extent of her luck because nobody would employ someone with some assortment of mediocre ability, leaving her to fend for herself.

I downed another mug, staring back at Psyx before realizing that she was expecting my part of the story. I chuckled a bit and, under alcoholic influence, started to blabber.

"I had parents once. Also a younger brother, and an older sister." My eyes were watching a distant scene. "It was a powerful magus house, back at the capital. But I think that was what preventing us from becoming a family."

"Let me tell you what make a mage's value, Psyx. It was simple, and can hardly be changed once it was determined - mana capacity was set when you're born. It slowly increase with spell usage, which means one with larger capacity will always develop faster than those with smaller. Second was elemental affinity, which may change at some point in life due to strong trauma but most never experience these. Even those who do tend to stick with their old element anyway."

"Well, my house was a strong bloodline of fire affinity. I suppose father and mother were pressures for a heir since my sister had only above average affinity with flame and exceptional on light instead, whereas I am the oddball with copious amount of mana, but bad-abysmal affinity in anything but arcane. Y'know, the infamous affinity where it can do a lot of things, but at higher cost and lower effect than specialized elements. That pretty much marked me as a failure."

I chuckled, thinking back at Psyx's condition. Jack of all trades wasn't really well liked it seems.

"Then come my brother. One of the highest fire-earth affinity ever recorded, with the mana to back it up. Like father but better in any way. If I had any share of attention, it was practically gone right at that moment."

"That being said, I still got to enter the magic academy. The house never lack money, at least. I picked enchantment and runecrafting because that's the only branch of magic most unrelated to affinities, only mana pool. I was doing quite well for a student. Still, my blood relative was pretty much stranger by then."

"Then it happen, around five years ago I think? It was an annual big gathering of the houses. It had several sparring sessions to gauge the younger generations, seeing which house will be strong in near future and which one will regress. I don't like this event, I always get bullied. They forced me to attend anyway. It's rare for anyone from my house to be an easy picking."

"Well, I just had a pair of buzz-saws made, these ones in fact." I pointed at the two saws I usually travel on. "On one of the opening stage, I poured as much mana as I could - which is a lot - and shot it to the stunned boy from the other house."

I paused, stifling my laughter.

"I practically ripped of his right arm. That big bully, the face he made was priceless. I heard that it could never fully heal even after they reattached it."

I downed another mug, my speech started slurring.

"It was an allied house, so they settle with kicking me out and lots of monetary reimbursement. One of the older butler - ironically Gil was more of a family than the rest of my blood relative combined - set me up with his friends in one particular mercenary company." I looked up with a daze again, continuing momentary later.

"Originally they were only supposed to take care of me. Mister Ivan insisted me to call him grandpa, and he was old enough to be one. The rest of the small company wasn't far off either, youngest was forty five. Everyone's a veteran and they were going to retire in a few years. I was quite pampered, like a daughter they never had they said."

"Well, I started joining their missions after a lot of tantrum and displaying the saws. Was very successful on the constant warfare between the city-states, people started calling me Buzzsaw Rea..."

"...that was the best time in my life."

PSYX:
    "...That was the best time in my life."

Psyx couldn't stop the snigger that came out of her mouth. Must be the wine doing its job. She became completely resistant to alcoholic effects after her first three years with the heretic group, whose meals were always laced with different kinds of intoxicants, except for the light-headedness that easily removed the restraints she usually placed on her tongue. It was a weakness that had always been used against her in the past. Again, Psyx was wondering why on Earth did she let herself be talked into an activity she swore she'd never do again.

"I can't even remember if I had any time I could consider 'the best' in my life," she muttered bitterly, before downing the whole glass in her hand. "If not for that group, I would have stayed in that village with my folks and died of the plague too, if starvation didn't kill us off first. Though I still don't know whether living as a lab rat is any better than dying from a disease."

REACHII:
    "Hey, you're alive and well. That's something to celebrate. In this life, all you need is tenacity and perhaps a bit of luck." I ordered another bottle. The barkeep gave out half off any alcohol tonight to raise morale, provided that we drink on spot.

"I was a bookworm dropped from the academy and disowned by my family five years ago. Now I can probably get back there and wipe them out in straight combat..."

PSYX:
    "Yeah, I guess so," she replied, and poured more wine into their glasses. "I don't really know what my goals are, though. Just living with the most basic necessities is hard enough to do." She remembered a certain person and grimaced. "I swear I'm going to kill that inn owner one of these days. Just a slight case of diarrhea and he thinks he caught some kind of terminal illness! I might have hated that sad excuse of an inn, but it's the best one in this town with my budget. I'll have to go back living in caves again..."

For a while she just focused on drinking to keep herself from running off to the guy to give him a real reason to be concerned with his health.

"Hey, about that party you were talking about earlier..."

REACHII:
    "Oh! You'll be coming?! That's great! It's quite lonely doing quests by myself all the time, I kind of love talking. But I was advised that a guy as my first permanent party member was an absolute no so I'm a bit out of choice lately-"

"Right, you mentioned lodging? We can share my room, it was at the Mustache Pirate - the big one near here -. Originally it's for married couple but I liked the bed so I rent it for several months. What do you say?"

Perhaps I was a bit too eager, but having a roomie was too much of a temptation to me.

PSYX:
    Psyx blinked at the mage for a few moments, then slowly sipped her drink while thinking. "What's the catch? I don't think anybody would easily offer someone they haven't been with acquainted for more than a day to be roommates with them. Not if they don't have their reasons, that is."

REACHII:
    "I'm lonelyyyyy..." my head dropped. Yeah, that's the main reason.

"Also, I've always been curious about necromancy. The book unanimously painted it as some sort of heretical existence..." aah, I'm getting sleepy...

PSYX:
    Ahh...I see. So it's information about necromancy that she's after.

"I'll teach you in exchange for the lodging, and I'll take care of my own meals," Psyx said. "I'm mostly active and do quests at night then sleep during the day, but if you want to do quests together once in a while then I can change my sleeping habits. I'll do my potion brewing and occult training outside too."

REACHII:
    "Good then! Mnn, it's kind of late. I'll retire now, you can move in anytime." I half limping, half floating on my way to the door. I knew how to find my way back, but it feels sooo far...

PSYX:
    "But she didn't even tell me her room number," Psyx muttered before catching up to the mage. "Can I move in right now? I carry everything I own with me all the time," she said while motioning to her knapsack.

REACHII:
    "Oh, sure. Follow me~"

I was probably a bit wobbly, seeing how Psyx went to prop me up. She knew the inn, so that's half of the travel covered. We spent longer walking the other half obstacle - the stairs -, finally reaching into the furthest room on the topmost fourth floor. Why did I rented this one again?

Psyx probably wanted to help with the key, but I simply made a twisting gesture and the lock clicked open. I floated in, my attire coming off in an instinctual telekinetic movement, leaving me with only my undergarment as I plopped down the bed. Within the five seconds it took the clothes to fold, I already fell into deep sleep.

PSYX:
    As the mage fell asleep, Psyx looked around her new 'home'...for the time being. Indeed, what Reachii said about the room intended for married couples wasn't a lie. A queen-sized bed, huge sliding glass doors overlooking a stunning view of the town as well as the forests and mountains beyond (she probably uses this to levitate away instead of the inn's main door), and some kind of romantic ambiance from the way the furniture are arranged.

Psyx went out to the balcony and briefly wondered whether her roommate would mind if she did a bit of potion brewing. She did say that she'd do it 'outside'...It's probably okay, right?

8. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    *like*

9. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
  10. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry imma gonna disapply, i don't have inspiration

12. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @shad12ow took me to one of the clearing of the forest I am so familiar with.
    If it's here the test must be a litte dangerous. The weapon must be strong.
    Then boss (temp) unloaded big package, probably the weapon.
    I was getting excited, but he told me to go over there.
    "Eh?"
    It must be a remote controlled weapon. Cool.
    He asked if I am ready so I responded yes.
    Then I understood the origin of that bad feeling I got...

13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    With that, I click the button on the edge of the package. Buzzing sound could be heard from the package. The next second, it opened up, displaying the big ballista inside it. I am so proud looking at it.
    "Now here's the test. I will need you to run around and dodge the shot. Don't worry, I don't use live ammunition. It will locked on you and it will shoot quite fast, so don't stop now, you hear me?"
    I then push the button on the weapon.
    "Start!"

14. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    The ballista actually fires tracking missiles. RIP @A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal.

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  15. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    and as i see there's a lot of crafter here.. @Zero300 , @Hikari Wataru , @asriu , if you guys have something that might be addable to the guild market, please do tell me.. like your masks @Zero300 you might want to put price / list and materials and way to acquire them~ and @Hikari Wataru your mithril, there's a price and stats / effects from the item? well~ we're welcoming new crafter items and you can ask @Martik26 to help out appraising your items~

16. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

Reading List:
    Link
    "Waaaah!"
    Boss (temp) revealed the weapon, a gia~nt ballista and with lock on function to boot yay!
    **** yay! It was locked on me!
    He said something about not being live ammo and fired it!
    I immediately started to cast heat magic while putting my body on the ground then rolled.
    Because I feared that the arrow (bullet) would chase me I stood up, released my magic and froze the moisture of the grass then started gliding in zig zag while spinnig.
    Contrary to my expectation the arrow (bullet) didn't chase me.
    Instead the ballista fired more and more rounds.
    Isn't that a machine gun!
    Damn it's dangerous, my running speed is very low!
    If I didn't had godlike reflexes I would be dead by now! I don't have a cheat damn it!
    What the hell about not using live ammo, if one of those arrow (bullet) got me I will die!
    "Boss! Are you trying to kill me!"
    I didn't stop escaping when I shout that scream filled with resentment.
    It was my fault for believing in one of the weirdos of the guild.
    In my running, I used my daggers as an axis to suddenly change the direction of my run and sometimes casted magic to deviate the arrow (bullet).
    Smokescreens were useless and the walls was simply perfored and only slowed it down a little so to avoid wastage of mana I could only fire bolts to deviate it a little.
    I don't remember much about this day, I just know that I managed to keep myself alive.

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    as for me, I need to know what goods on guild market later will post what I can do with my skill material ect
    for now what other can expect from me is weapon,armor and potion~

18. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey Eun-Ha is an aspiring crafter, even though Eun-Ha can only make potions and weak antidotes for now...

19. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    well you can tell @Martik26 about it,,, who knows if cheap potion will sell like hot cakes~

20. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

Reading List:
    Link
    It's made with love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.