Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild Receptionist Table

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    "No, not that big. The smaller one covered in trees."

2. LordOfPies

LordOfPies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok good because the one im talking about has some massive beast residing on the peak

3. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    *Look at the map*
    Good, so no Hurricanes and mind pulses, near the small mountain, and...
    There was a big monster in that big mountain? It wouldn't be nice to visit it later clan master?

4. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? Why?
    I might be the herald of madness entity, but I'm pretty loyal you know, specially to friends...

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  5. LordOfPies

Reading List:
    Link
    hahaha that was part of the intention when i formed 大炮 if we set up on top of that mountain we could freely practice spells with no one in the vicinity

Bielt likes this.
  6. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link

Ooc: are we a clan, sect, guild, what are we? I need to update my guild card and put 大炮 there

7. LordOfPies

Reading List:
    Link
    well right now we are just a party what do you think? we can become sect easily we just should try to establish a school first

Bielt likes this.
  8. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah we should become a sect !
    Let's think big hehehe
    *Shady smile*

9. LordOfPies

Reading List:
    Link
    hordes of screaming magi throwing meteors and earthquakes spreading chaos EVERYWHERE

Bielt likes this.
  10. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    We should start recruiting people.
    Is there anyone out there who also use AoE skill?
    Maybe that pirate guy? If I remember correctly he used some big canon, at the Orcs attack...

11. LordOfPies

Reading List:
    Link
    i posted a recruitment in the tavern

Bielt likes this.
  12. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the report, guildmaster @Ldyrdy
    #SE4 – E rank – slay 5 boar warrior (max gold is 70) -> Success
    #SE5 – E rank – slay 15 kobolds (max gold is 100) -> Success
    #SD1 – D rank - slay 10 Lizardmen (max gold: 70) -> Success
    Due to the last orc invasion, it seems that the whole area around us is swarming with monsters. It is evident from the quest that we take. A lot of slaying quest has been posted and even now, there has been no lack of adventurer that walked inside the guild carrying various subjugation proofs. Orcs and goblins are the most common, while Cyclops has been getting into a trend now. But somehow I, as a guild receptionist, felt that something is a bit off. I don't know...called it my instinct, but...the fluctuation of monsters and their recent behavior has been bugging me for quite some time. Most people just shrugged that away with a statement that 'Monsters are mindless creature. Of course they will go on rampage most of the time'. But I beg to differ. They might be not that uncivilized. We, the human, have little to no understanding of their way of life.
    Thankfully, the notion that they might have a good civilization has begun to sprout in the guild. Thanks to adventurer like @ForumObserver and also @Evil_Ginger , we can have a glimpse of their life. Do you know what we can gain by having a friendly contact with them? Look at the possibilities!
    "...I guess I can investigate a bit."
    I looked to my desk and noticed that the paperwork is not that bad at the moment. I guess that is a sign that everyone is busy with their own work and none of them have gotten back to report to me. It is also thanks to @Bielt that has given me an army of lizardmen that I can relaxed a bit. They handle the heavy job quite nicely. I'll be sure to thank her again one of these days.
    A last look at my desk, I scanned the paperwork and then found that nothing urgent is there. I guess that means I have some free time. Then it is time for me to take some 'vacation'.
    Packing my newly enhanced spider, I set up and finally arrived at the forest. I took the report that the goblin adventurer gave me and then ride onto the vicinity of the village. And...it was very difficult. I can't find anyone around. Only trees after trees after trees.
    Quite disappointed, I changed my plan. I climbed onto the nearest tree and then pull out a hive of tracking spiders. I let them loose and then wait...and wait...and wait...
    "...This is quite annoying...should I get back?...Ho? A reaction?"
    My tracking device that is planted on the spider gave a reaction to a place not far from me. The spider jumped down and I drove toward that location. While on the way, I put the explosive bolt cartridge onto the crossbow, ready to deal some damage if necessary.
    Then as I feel the tracking device is nearer to the tracking spider, I slowed down the spider and turned into stealth mode. No, I haven't able to make it camouflage itself, only to make it tread silently on the ground.
    Soon after that, I saw a group of boar warrior cornering someone.
    "Tch!...I hate this situation."
    I switched the cartridge to a drill bolt cartridge and ready one of my saw spider hives. I rolled the hive onto the unsuspecting boar warrior and then let it split opened, revealing a colony of my saw spider. They all jumped onto the rearmost boar warrior and then started carving its legs, forcing an agonizing scream from the poor monster.
    Sure enough, that caught the other boar warriors' attention and they started attacking the spider. While they are busy with my spiders, I unleashed multiple bolts onto the rampaging monster. With a few buzzing sound, they leaked a lot of blood from their newly made holes and crevices courtesy of my weapons. The sight is certainly anything but pretty.
    Only a few seconds and the whole group of boar warriors fell onto the ground, spilling their blood, painting the grass red. I then looked at the trembling person that has dropped down onto the ground, clearly terrified at the sight. I have to say, that is pretty gruesome.
    "Are you okay?"
    I showed myself while still riding the spider. I also recalled my remaining saw spiders, fearing that it might attack the poor person.
    "...A...A B-B-Beelee?...O-Oh, g-goddesses...why? I still...want to live..."
    "...Huh?"
    "...Please...make it quick..."
    What? A what? A Beelee? Haven't I heard that before? Wait damn minute...This person...
    "A...kobold?"
    Yes, the one in front of me begging for me to kill him is a kobold. A feature that reminded me of a beastmen but with a small stature and also a higher magic energy due to my magic energy gauge installed on my spider. They are known to be bad tempered and also prone to attack in group. And...I guess that is not always correct.
    "Hey, what do you mean by 'make it quick'?"
    "...Aren't you going to kill me?...I hate pain...please...don't make it hurt..."
    "Ugh...I'm not going to kill you."
    "Eh? But aren't you a Wiya'ied?"
    "A what?"
    "A Wiya'ied. I mean...you use that death spider and they suddenly cracked open..."
    "...What?"
    I hopped onto the ground still with my weapon ready. I know that I didn't feel any hostility from the kobold, but I need to be careful.
    "I'm a human."
    "...A human..."
    "Yes. I'm a human."
    "Oh...a human..."
    Ah, good, this is getting better. Now I can at least ask-
    "Please don't kill me! I don't mean you any harm!"
    He then knelt with his head on the ground, begging for his life. Again. Uhm, no. The last one he already resigned to death. So...this is an improvement?...I guess?
    "W-Wait! I don't want to-"
    "Please don't kill me! I b-beg you!"
    "Listen to me!!!"
    Some time passed and I finally have an understanding with the kobold. He is quite a nice guy. A bit scary for the appearance, but a nice guy nonetheless. He then said that he was running away from a group of lizardmen that wanted to eat him. He was the decoy so that his group that consists of about 5 kobolds could get back to the village. He managed to lure the lizardmen away, but unfortunately stumbled upon a group of boar warriors. And, as you expected, he once again become the object of a hunt.
    I then remembered the stuff that my friend told me. So it is true. I'm glad that it is true. Maybe I can use this to my ticket to contacting them. I then asked him whether he can show me the lizardmen that chased him away and promised to deal with them. In turn, he has to show me the village. He refused at first, but then I told him the story that one of my goblin friend has met their chief, Kayla. Hearing that name, his determination shook a bit. I then added that I also need to slay some kobold, but I also need him to show me the real wild kobold, not the civilized one. I added to that my intention to protect the village and also the kobold community from mistreat in the future, at least from my fellow adventurer. With a proper contact, we can avoid them attacking the wrong group. We can even trade with them.
    The persuasion process is long and difficult, but he finally agreed. I hope that I can make a good impression.
    But first, I need to proof myself. With his help, I managed to come into a lizardmen encampment. I look at them and I head my kobold friend gasped. As I was wondering the reason for that, I noticed a few cages not far from them. They were filled with kobolds. All of them sat in silence while some were crying. This is bad. I can't use my explosion and if I attack them like this, they might hurt the hostage. Ugh....I always hate this kind of situation.
    I then asked him to stay here while I prepare some traps not far from the place. I then left with my spider and then picked a good spot a bit far from the camp and put some antlion and blade trap. Then I got back to him and explained the situation and my plan. Sure enough, he is not happy. Why? Because I asked him to be a decoy. Again. Well, he accepted after I told him it is the only way we can save the kobolds.
    Hearing my instruction, he then ran and showed himself to the lizardmen. He then ran to the direction I instructed him too. Sure enough, about two lizardmen followed him, leaving the majority in the camp. I followed them from the side. Not long after that, I found the lizardmen that ran to capture him were sliced to pieces while the kobold is on top of a tree, shivering and wheezing. I give him a potion to restore his energy. While he was drinking it, I used my spiders to clean up the mess. Why, you might ask? Since they will get suspicious if they came here and found the corpse of their fallen brethren.
    I then grabbed the kobold and climbed onto a tree, hiding ourselves. Soon after that, another group of lizardmen came near the place. I shot them and killed all of them. And then my spider carried their corpses away. This things repeat several time until not a single one came. Then I got back to the camp.
    The atmosphere in the camp is terrible. They are clearly scared. While an argument is happening between them, I sneaked near the captives and told my kobold friend to help me get the cages away. At first, they almost scream, but due to my kobold friend, they shut up soon after. We then pulled the cage away in silent.
    After getting the captive to safety, I loaded my crossbow with explosive bolts and also pulled out the cannon. What next, you might ask? A great explosion happened in the camp and not a single lizardmen was left. Completely blown to oblivion.
    Apparently the kobold we rescued is from another village, but they are still in relation with my friend's village. I guess it was pure luck that I save the one that came from the village where Kayla is the chief. If not, this will be as easy.
    They then explained that their village is near a wild kobold cave and they have been harassed by them quite a lot. Due to that, they always hunt far away from the village. That was the reason they were captured by the lizardmen. I then offer them the same offer as I gave my first kobold friend. They agreed faster than him due to seeing him with me.
    After they showed me their cave, I used one of my spy spider to look into the cave. I don't usually do this, but they said that there might be one of their fellow villagers being held captive. A short time later, I can confirm that there are not a single one of them being held captive inside the cave. But...there are some of them inside the cave. Dead and mangled, eaten by them. They cried when I told them and they asked me to exterminate them completely. I nodded and accept that request.
    Due to the cave being unstable, I can't use my bomb again. This somehow made me a bit disappointed. Well, you can't use explosives to solve all problem right...wait...I have one that can deal with it. Hehehe...
    I load my cannon with spreading bullet grenade. This is one of the least used weapon in my repertoire since the firepower is low and kind of hard to predict. But inside a small and enclosed area, this is perfect.
    I stood with my spider in front of the cave entrance and then unleashed about a dozen of those. Sound of explosions filled the whole cave accompanied by shout of pain and agony. After the shout subsided, I shot another dozen. And then the same sound came again. At the third one, not a single sound is heard. Since my spider is too big, I jumped down and then released some saw spiders onto the cave, just in case. Thankfully, not a single soul is inside the cave. The only thing I can find are the bullet riddled corpse of the wild kobold and the remains of the eaten kobold. I salvage what I can and then returned to the surface.
    The moment I arrived, they showed a mixed feeling. Happy that the threat to their village has been exterminated but saddened that some of their fellow villages have been killed by the monsters.
    In the end, I collected a lot of kobold, boar warrior, and also lizardmen proof of subjugation after I managed to contact not one, but two different kobold village. This proof the theory that the monsters have a civilization of their own and they are not completely savage. We can befriend them. And for some reason, their counterpart viewed them as enemy too. This is troubling.
    By the way, didn't that elf also called me the same? Beelee? What's that, anyway? I guess I'll ask her later.

13. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    #SD1 @shad12ow
    Ah, another day, another Quest. After leaving the Guild, I walk around the city, admiring its glory. After five minutes of doing that, I leave for the forest. I wanted to see the Kobold Village again.

Not for Kayla! I swear!

But once I got there, I was told a man riding a spider helped them after their hunting party was attacked by Lizardmen. I may have gotten angry. Thankfully, Shad12ow was there to help. With red clouding my vision, I traveled to the outer edges of the forest, where the strangest location is.

I don’t quite understand, but here lies a strange collision of environments. Swamp, forest, plains, and desert. A weird area that is home to many different creatures, but the Lizardmen are the most prominent.

Technically a part of the Beastkin, this race is more closely related to monsters such as myself. But even if this race is intelligent, they seem to hold a desire for conquest. What with the armies being created and all, some must have deserted and became bandits.

Or they were possibly scouting parties trying to enslave more soldiers. Not entirely sure what the problem was, I was too blinded by anger to care. I walked directly into the nearest Lizardmen encampment and saw cages of Kobolds, Goblins, and even jars of Slimes. These Slimes were different, with eyes and mouths.

After realizing this was the group I wanted, I cast Berzerk. After wasting all my SP, I also summoned two Bull Warriors and summoned my Dagger and enchanted it.

The rest is a blur, but I can clearly remember cutting off heads in one slice and dodging attacks like I was a leaf in the wind. The rage mode ended, leaving me vulnerable for 5 minutes while my SP regenerated.

I saw the Bull Warriors tearing through the Lizardmen with as much vigor as I did. Are my summons somehow affected by my thoughts? Needs more testing.

The Lizardmen all had low leveled armor and weapons, making it easy for me to easily upgrade the equipment of my Minions.

The Boar Warriors weren’t meant for cleaning corpses, so I just laid there for a while letting the Boar Warriors open the cages and letting the captured people go.

But they didn’t leave. They just sat there and waited for me.

An hour later, I finally had enough MP and SP to move around and summon some Goblins to clean everything. I borrowed the Lizardmen’s bath. Some females tried to enter with me, but if Kayla were to somehow hear of it, I might get in trouble.

So no! I did not accept! Trust me!

After that, I selected, to my surprise, a Lizardman Captain. The difference between Lizardmen and monsters like me, were that they didn’t have varying degrees of strength like Lesser or Greater. They were all the same Lizardman.

But this was a good one so I selected him as my Minion.

I gathered

Lizardman Proof x 57
    Leather Armor Set x 36
    Iron Dagger x 24
    Iron Sword x 21
    Iron Shield x 18

After leading the monsters to Kayla’s Village, I received a small reward from Kayla. Well, she may have not thought it was a reward…heh, my cheek feels warm from her lips…

Anyways, I came back to the city and here I am.

"Hey, thanks for helping the Kobolds..."

14. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    *pats shoulder* make a move with her *thumbs up* (why a monk is giving a love advice?)

Evil_Ginger and Bielt like this.
  15. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    BTW, I leveled up!

16. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    #SD1 – D rank - slay 10 Lizardmen (max gold: 70)
    "Good day, my friend. Ho...it is a good day to you, I'm sure. Your face says it all, my friend. Hahaha! And judging from the report, I know the reason why. Let me sort out the official stuff first. Lizardmen, eh? And a lot...my, my. We are slaying them, but not trying to make them extinct, you know? No matter. This is your reward, 70 gold. Ah, even if I didn't give you the gold, you will be happy to do that again, huh? Hahaha! My friend, do try to keep it down a notch. It is written all over your face. But she is a kind one. She even accepted me, although the spider scared them. Tell you what, I might have official task there and I will ask you to do it. But no promise, I'll consult it with the guildmaster. Well, see you and have a nice day. Oh, not a nice day. Have a nicer day! Hahaha!!"

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  17. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Th-Thank you, Mister Shadow!" Scriptor says, tearing up after opening the contents of the quest reward pouch.
    Now she has enough money to buy more books to further her studies into sigil-making and alchemy! And maybe even to create a new ink-brush!

shad12ow and Evil_Ginger like this.
  18. Napknight

Napknight 『Knight of Naps』『Never Ending Loop』

Reading List:
    Link
    As i *wake up from my deep sleep
    I look around and saw that i am again deep inside the basement.
    after i got out i saw tasha heading towards me with a worry filled face,
    After i heard everything that happened while i was asleep i quickly
    head towards the adventurers guild and tell the receptionist that i am
    now looking after the mermaid girl and if there is a need for her to be
    brought back i will not go against it..

I just got the chance to go online...

19. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    @shad12ow @Ldyrdy #SD3

Without bothering to wait for a reply, I leave a note on the counter and leave the Guild Hall. I quickly head out to the forest and go back to the place where I saw the Orcs fighting the Goblins. I track the smelly Orc trail and eventually come across a small fort.

Not one to keep a party waiting, I quickly summon my brand new fully equipped powerhouses. After equipping myself with new armor and weapons, my MP was also raised. I could technically also summon the Greater Orc, but decided against it.

Things would get too crazy.

The fort is surrounded by a wall of sharpened sticks on all sides and several Orcs patrolling outside. It’s not that big, probably the size of the tavern back in the city. It’s just one massive building. I see a group of Lizardmen leave the gates and travel towards the desert region.

These guys must be related to the armies the rest of the Guild is dealing with. In the group I saw a massive Lizardman with a massive lance on his back riding a massive Sand Lizard. Pretty imposing.

I could guess if the one I summoned was a Captain, this guy must be a General. I didn’t know if the Orcs were actually working with the Lizardmen, or if they were allies or trying to work things out. Either way, I need to check. I actually decided to summon the Greater Orc and send him inside.

Thankfully, he enters and comes back out again with ease. He returns to me and I place my hand on my head, fulfilling the ritual of memory convergence. This can only be done with a summoned Minion.

It looks like the Orc General is about to head out with a lot of his men. I wait a little longer and see 2 Lieutenants, 4 Captains, and 10 Leaders along with several tens of regular Orcs. These are definitely not normal Orcs. They seem more like Beastkin.

What is this? Are they? I don’t know for sure, I will have to do some more research. But the Orc I sent in was treated like a nobody. Could the smarter Orcs enslaved the dumb ones? This could be why only the Ranked Orcs are in charge, even if they aren’t as strong as some of the normal Orcs.

After they left, the fort was manned by a dozen powerful Greater Orcs, several more regular Orcs, and 5 Orc Leaders, one of which was leading the rest.

I quickly regenerate my MP using more Potions and cast the temporary enchantments on all of our gear. I send in the Boar Warrior first and watch as it literally tears through the normal Orcs. I know that since these guys mobilized, they should be working with the Lizardmen.

No survivors! I send in the Lizardman Captain and the Greater Orc while I slip in with the chaos. I can tell the new equipment is a good addition for them, as they easily slice through the Orcs, cutting their heads in one attack.

Since I can’t take any chances, I stab Orcs and keep on running. With the poison tipped sword, I can easily just use guerilla tactics. Several Orcs are brought down with ease. The Greater Orcs are also dealt with and soon, only the five Leaders and a couple of stragglers remain.

I use Soul Grab on the last remaining normal Orcs and bring my MP up to the point of summoning the Hobgoblin and Greater Wild Kobold. Now it’s…six on five.

Oops. I shouldn’t have summoned the Hobgoblin. Naw, I sent the Hobgoblin to help the Kobold and I decide to help the Orc. With this, we easily killed them. I begin the rite for the Orc Leader, but nothing happens.

Hm? It must be just a regular Orc that gained some intelligence.

But does this mean the smarter ones are enslaving the monsters? Or are they working together? Unfortunately, I can’t see the past when they were alive.

I try and find a good place to clean up, but can’t seem to find anything. Oh well. I can just take a bath over in Kayla’s village. After storing the loot cleaned by the Minions, I obtained

Orc Proof x 20
    Greater Orc Proof x 12
    Orc Leader Proof x 5
    Smelly Armor Set x 17
    Greasy Armor Set x 9
    Dirty Armor Set x 2
    Iron Club x 15
    Iron Axe x 8
    Iron Broadsword x 3
    Proof of Leadership x 1

The proof was different. It was an insignia probably depicting the Rank of the Orc. Kind of like Guild Rank? That would be awkward.

I could feel the strength coming from the insignia, so I cleaned it as best as I could and wore it as a badge on my chest. I wonder what it does.

I finally make it back to the village, but what is there before me is construction. Is something wrong? No! The monsters I saved before went out, got their families, and came back here! The Kobold Village became a Town! A Monster Town! How fun! The Goblins were running here and there delivering messages and doing odd jobs while the Slimes were helping the construction by using their slime as an adhesive.

I quickly found Kayla, as she was carrying her niece in her arms and directing where some builders should go.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“Oh, Gods, you reek…I’m, I’m sorry, but take a visit to the baths!”

“Oh…okay…”

Dang. That kind of hurt. I was taking a bath in their outdoor…what is this called exactly? This place is rather weird. I feel like I am at a pool. But I’m cleaning myself. I could hear muffled whispers from the other side of the fence, but I knew it was where the girls bathed.

I wasn’t going to peep! Well, that was until I heard Kayla…

“Hehe, that Gabriel sure did a good job, huh?”

“You said it, Chief! With this, we can take it easy! Remember that spider guy? If there’s more people like them, maybe we won’t have to fear the upcoming troubles!”

“Hush, I would rather the problems not reach us way out here.”

“Sorry Chief.”

Hmmm…intriguing. So that’s what she looks like naked

AAAAND MOVING ON!

I quickly finish without much problems and walk outside. I tell Kayla I ranked up, and she is startled by the fact that there are far stronger adventurers than me out there. She then chuckles and hands me Sidia, her niece.

And she licks me. Not Kayla, the baby! It feels kind of weird. Did I clean myself well enough? Do I still smell like blood?

“Hehe, you still reek of Orc to us.”

Shit.

“Don’t look so down, it’s fine. You also smell like Goblin, which most of us grew up eating.”

Uhhh…

“Hehehe…and I’m kind of hungry…”

Oh…I don’t think that was what she meant the first time, though…

I hand Sidia to a nearby Kobold maid and follow after Kayla.

=========================================================

The next day, I say my good byes and head back to the Guild. And that is all.

lol

20. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    I return to my asteroid lair with 'Alatum Unum Sephirim' in hand. Once there I winced slightly as a pair of silver wings push themselves out of my back and tear my robes apart. My single black wing remains extended as well. That's annoying. It isn't normal for me to have multiple sets out at the same time. And it isn't exceptionally comfortable either.

It's not that having multiple pairs of wings is the problem. I have six different sets of wings, and several of them are multiple pairs. However, different sets are not supposed to be out at the same time. It makes me somewhat... Confused.

On the other hand, I don't realty care. I'll just use both sets to fly for now. It's not like I haven't done so before. My hair flows over my back as I walk out of my room, preparing to dive from my lair. And then I remember a small problem.

My robes are no longer on my body. Sighing in irritation, I turn around and return to my room. I look at the reflective crystals to see my body as I do. Slender legs and arms belaying incredible physical strength, and tight torso with barely any curves. A child's body to be sure, but I'm hopeful that I'll pass the pubescent stage soon. I look so young despite my centuries long life. My skin is extremely pale as I don't need any protection from light or sun, but not unattractively so. It is also extremely smooth. I don't grow hair anywhere but on my head, nor do I develop scars from my naturally rapid healing. Slitted green eyes are opened into circles in the darkness of my lair. And I smile slightly to reveal barely pointed teeth. Shaking my head at myself, I grab one of my Violet robes and throw it over my body, letting my black wing through and wrapping my silver wings around my body, especially a particular area. Laughing at myself again for such foolishness, I shift them again and make them essentially invisible from the outside.

I leave my room and lair and begin my descent through the atmosphere, Alatum in hand. My wing drives me through the layered clouds and down to the ground just outside the city. I then level my flight and land on the ground before folding my wing behind me and starting to walk forward.

I soon enter the guild at the center of the city and go to the board with the quests. I recently was assigned the rank of C... Quite a bit below the threat rating a being such as me. I think the last human world I went to called me something with a lot of S's... Was it four or five? I don't remember. Not like it matters anyway.

The first quest I see which seems enjoyable is slaughtering eliminating mermaids. That doesn't seem overly difficult for me. Plus it will be a good test for my new weapon. Another 3 seem relatively connected, the exploration of an ice mountain, the massacre of three ice golems, and the collection of a few yeti skins. I can do all of them at once while sending an ice mountains living inhabitants straight to Niflheim. For the last, there is a quest which references a few wyverns... Hateful imitations of the true Draconic lineage. I'll eliminate them for my own pride, and explore the nest at the same time.

I walk over the the desk and register the five quests with the flames of a feather I drop from above. Tricks like that are extremely entertaining. Who was that receptionist I ignited yesterday... @shad12ow the masochist? I also wired his chair to give him a bit of an electric wake up call. I wonder what I should do to him next... Questions for later. Now, off to that River and a slaughter.
    When I get to the river I lower my head and send ultrasonic pulses into the water to search it. Sound travels much faster in water, but I still get a pretty good image of what's in the water. There are two main types of beings under there which match the quest description, half fish and half human. One has human upper halves and fish lower halves, while the others are the reverse. I ponder for a second over which type needs a dozen eliminated... Several people in the guild mentioned making friends with the fish lower half types, but I still haven't seen a lot of quest rewards being given out for this quest.

That makes this easy then. Using Alatum, I touch the surface of the water and whisper a phrase: "Absolute Zero". The waters surface freezes into a sheet about a meter thick, sealing everything in the river in the river and everything outside outside. I dive through the only remaining hole before I freeze it too, beginning to process the water into oxygen and hydrogen which I store in my own body. Then I smile cruelly in the sealed underwater world. After all, if I can't tell which ones to kill, I'll just have to kill some of both.

My three wings are extended to drive me through the water, faster than any fish. I come to the first set of merpeople within a minute. Human upper halves over a fish like tail which propels them through the water.

They're panicking over the sealing ice. It's obvious that they're intelligent and competent. On the other hand, I don't particularly care about anything like that. My personal universe contains countless intelligent and sentient beings with complex souls and personalities. I ended their lives with as much ease and as little conscience as I will right not. Alatum Unum Sephirum flashes in the pale lighted world. Blood fills the water before the bodies vanish into that same universe I just recalled.

Fish begin to flee as blood spreads through the water. I see predators moving in to find their prey, including large reptiles and sharks. Neither survive my blade. Alatum feasts on the aquatic ecology and begins to fill a world with new life. Red blood flows everywhere as the slaughter commences.

Fish headed human limbed beings attempt to line up in ranks and attack me. I dive and spin through the water as Alatum swirls behind me. They are sliced in half in an instant, restoring the natural balance where fish and mammal are not supposed to be connected. Chimaera are never pleasant to look at. So I might as well fix the problem as best I can. More red colors the water as I continue the slaughter and reap dozens upon dozens of lives.

I next spot a city of the fish tailed humanoids. Driving through the water, I enter the city with Alatum extended, still with red blood staining it. The fish people swirl around me in confusion whilst I hang in the water, beating my single black wing above as my silver wings swirl to keep me unmoving. My smile grows even crueler as they begin to flee.

Guards and soldiers are the first to go as I begin my slaughter. Tens upon tens die as I dance in three dimensions. They believe this is their realm, that the water is a domain only they can navigate whilst beings such as I will be hindered. Unfortunately for them I've flown in every form of atmosphere, including some far denser than this water, others with far more tension. This is my domain far more than it is theirs.

Within an hour I annihilate the city. The entire river has turned red with blood as I swirl above it. Within my realm I have several dozens of both kinds of merpeople. I'll establish which deaths were necessary, and which ones weren't, when I get back to the guild. Not that it matters, anyway.
    I break out of the icy river once it's been turned red. The ice melts over the next few minutes, allowing the red blood to rise to the top and color the river the same as a cooling star. I then turn towards the still blue water upriver of where I acted and then start flying towards its source. In the distance, I see a white capped mountain to the north.

I ascend higher and higher until I can see the entire mountain beneath me. Pulses of sound resonate from my throat, illuminating the mountain to my echolocation. A complete map is quickly formed, which I inscribe onto a piece of paper with my feathers. I also mark every cavern and path with a separate symbol. I dare say it's the most complete map anyone will ever see.

During the process I found several sites of move objects. Most are animals of some kind without any magic signature. A few are monsters. Towards most, I send a few blasts of lightning with my sword to annihilate them. There are three I don't.

The first one I dive towards is a set of ice golems, about twenty. Seems someone was trying to make an army here... Or the ice crystal orb at the center gathering a vast amount of mana which is manifesting as energy to make the ice move. Either way, it's simple enough to cut them apart. On the other hand, there's a more entertaining method.

"Absolute Zero"
    I enchant my blade with the extreme cold of absolute zero which can even freeze the air. Liquid nitrogen starts to coalesce around the blade as its perfect cold makes the air into ice. Then I start attacking the golems.

Their arms and the ice spikes they create are blocked by Alatum as I move it in complicated patterns. My swordsmanship is at the highest level, after all. However, I don't use it to cut. Even as I attack the golems, I only use it to strike, not to slice. Yet, the effects of my strategy starts to be seen. The golems slow down as their joints begins to freeze even further than they already have. The magic energy slows down and begins to fail.

The golems freeze soon, becoming unable to move any more. Even if they are made of ice and filled with cold magic energy, Absolute Zero is even colder than that. They die to the very element they hold the most strength in. Ironic, isn't it? I smile as I take the golems corpses into my realm and then pick up the ice crystal orb. I toss it up and down before I send it to my lair. Then I rise again and set off towards the next set of moving beings.

Yetis. A small family of seven roar their fury at my intrusion, but I'm not in the mood to play with these the same way. Absolute Zero is still active, and a single slice freezes their blood and solidifies their bodies. I then slice perfectly to remove their skin, each in a single piece without any damage. They're immune to cold, after all. The skins I send into my hoard, all seven of them. Amused at my own antics, I also take a piece of frozen meat and take a bite. So delicious.

The third life source is much larger, but is only a single individual being. A minor dragon which thinks itself powerful. As I approach it begins to move against me, preparing to fight. Unfortunately for it, I have no intention of doing so.
    Ice rises around it and forms an unmeltable seal several tens of meters thick. I feel its horror as it can't escape and the ice closes tighter and tighter around it. I'll come back for it once I'm finished with other things. Or never, depending on what I feel like later.

Missions completed. Now, on to the false kin who need to die.
    My last stop before returning to town is a wyvern nest located south of the mountain I left empty of life. The wyverns are unfortunately out, but their nest is still there for me to exploit and break apart. So I land in the middle before another pulse of sound gives me the picture of the area I copy onto another sheet of paper with my wing. Technically, the quest is done with that, but I feel like being more thorough. Therefore I dash around and grab a few things from the lair, such as scales, skin, and eggshells.

The wyverns aren't coming anywhere near the nest. I can feel all the life forms around me and my echolocation is constantly being used to notice living beings, so I detect the wyverns fleeing rapidly in the distance. And I am not going to let them go so easily.

There is an explosion behind me as I shoot into the air and after those fleeing wyverns. They won't get very far. My speed far outstretches theirs, and they cannot evade my search. I hit the wyvern at the end of the group and slice it apart with Alatum. Wings go first, then the legs before I finally slice the head off and let the body fall to the ground. I then face the other three which are trembling with fear.

That doesn't save them. I drive straight through the first ones body lengthwise, cutting it in half from snout to tail. The next in burned alive by "Inferno" before I consume the last in "Shadow Flare". All four bodies disappear into my domain as they fall around me. The false kindred have been exterminated, removing this stain on the name of Dragon.

Such is the price of pride. I begin my leisurely flight back to the guild to turn in my results.

@shad12ow and Guildmaster(lol) @Ldyrdy are the only ones I see grading quests. I don't think @shad12ow needs more pain/pleasure quite yet, so if you please GM(lol)?

Quests Complete:
    #SC2- C rank – slay 12 mermaids (max gold: 240)
    #SC3- C rank – slay 3 ice golem (max gold: 150)
    #ED2 – D rank - snowy mountain clearance team (maximum gold 150)
    #GD3 – D rank – collect 3 yeti skin (max gold: 120) quest rewards: 1x yeti fur
    #GC2 – C rank – explore a wvyern nest (max gold: 150) quest rewards: 1x wvyern scale
    "What type of mermaid did you want? Good, right here. And some ice golem heads, yeti skin, and a wyvern scale. Plus a pair of maps of a mountain and nest, each extremely detailed and annotated. Please enjoy this delivery."

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.