Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Official Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    you can apply directly at the member list to make your own guild card~

2. Miyuu

Miyuu ☆Innocent & Harmless☆The most normal☆『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Current Status;
    Currently away from the guild for a while~
    Won't be participating in any quests or events~
    Sorry if Mimi doesn't answer your calls~
    Will be back soon~
    ♥U all~

3. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    FFS. Do I really need to read through all the changelogs to understand the game?!

4. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Here's a simple guide:

1. Sign up in the Adventurer's Guild Member thread. Contact one of the receptionists/staff with @[name] with your basic Adventurer's info. There's a template somewhere.
    2. You start at Rank E. Go to Adventurer's Guild Quest thread to see available quests for the day. You'll have a high failure rate or possibly die if you take a quest too much above your rank.
    3. Turn in quest at the Adventurer's Guild Receptionist thread.
    4. Wait for response.

There are other things like submission details, etc. but I'll leave that for you to find out. :)

5. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I just sign up here?

6. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, technically yes. But it's more work for the admins and you're really supposed to sign up in the Members thread.

7. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    So... who are the admins?

8. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ldyrdy is the guildmaster. There are a few guild receptionists but I only know @shad12ow

Bielt likes this.
  9. DCLXVI

DCLXVI [not vi's]

Reading List:
    Link
    actually the alerts is triggered when the post was posted

adding an additional tag by editing it would not trigger an alert

and the same goes with removing tags after the post has been graded

10. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Reachii's magical experimentation

"Alright, here I go..."

The library was closed. That was to be expected this late in the night, but I'm not taking no for an answer. This area was completely deserted anyway, so I ensure there's nobody nearby and touched the doorknob. My mana flowed into its mechanism, giving me an idea of how the lock was shaped. A little push here and there, and the lock clicked open.

Arcane magic sure was convenient once you got past the horrific mana efficiency.

I snuck in and closed the door. It was well oiled, giving no sound in the process. Looking at the grand rows of book, I was at lost where to start but I eventually made my way to the warrior's training section. I set up a tiny ball of light to illuminate my steps.

There were only one row of book in the entire section, all of them relatively untouched. Nobody barely read them, I suppose. If they even know it exist.

I hovered the light across the titles, finally deciding on the autobiography of one particularly successful magic swordsman. I had the basic idea of what I needed to do, but can't hurt to compare notes.

Next was the exhaustively long spell directories. I had read one mentioning only the most basic elementary magic of the major elements and it took one huge tome, most of them redundantly useless. Irritatingly there were scant few mention of arcane and it was deemed the lowest of the low, but as far as I'm concerned it'll be amazing enough if it's mastered. Like my saws.

A thick green tome regarding nature magic, followed by a sea-blue of water, and finally a "basic introduction to arcane" that was as thick as a cardboard. It wasn't even in hard cover, resembling a magazine more instead.

I ignored the irritation and sat down between the shelves, summoning several more motes of light to read. It's not like I cannot illuminate the whole room bright as day, but I'm not exactly in here in a legal manner.

I skimmed through the autobiography first. Well, the part I'm interested was how did he had strength matching a full time warrior while also able to fling mid-rank spells. I had my suspicion confirmed rather quickly.

Mana-based physical strengthening.

It was surprisingly simple. He wrote it using fancy term like meditation and feel the energy and all that bollocks, but he started it that way so I cannot blame him. What he did was training his mana awareness, and infused it into his flesh. Basically an universal buff magic that he unconsciously, permanently applied since his younger age. That neverending expenditure actually increased his mana pool to an acceptable level halfway through his life, allowing standard spellcasting.

Why didn't anything like this mentioned on the mage academy? Surely someone researched it before? Marked as a failed endeavour, perhaps? Either efficiency was low, cost way too much, took too long, it hurts too much for the squishy mages, or it left permanent damage?

One way to find out. I focused on my mana, and concentrated to spread a portion through my palm.

"!/@^#&@^!$@/@,#*@!&!!!!!"

I'm not sure what unholy curses I just spewed; wouldn't be surprised if a demon from hell suddenly popped out. Darn, how would I expected that it's pretty much all of the above?!

It costed way more than standard, instantly benefitting buff. Not surprising, considering it's pure mana control instead of a properly formed spell. Then come the pain, it's not much different from the time Aly implanted that crystal inside of me... wait a moment, didn't that mean she very nearly killed me in the most horrifically painful way possible!

Eh, it ended up well so let's drop the issue. Now it brought a good change... I'm not having any permanent damage, was it because the green crystal repaired my broken body? So people that tried it had their physical body ripped apart? No wonder there's no report. Those who played safe would deem it inefficiently slow. Those who try to take shortcut, well, crippled. If not dead immediately.

I noted the development at the corner of my mind, then sent the autobiography flying back to its shelves.

Next, spellbooks. The arcane was pitifully thin. Telekinesis was the one they deemed the most useful, and occupied half the entire booklet. There was part about slight energy manipulation, creating light, nothing new. Sighing, I put it aside and skimmed through the thicker nature tome. It wasn't teaching the spell instead of describing what's the official name and what they do, but anyone with high affinity was said to be able to comprehend the advanced magic by just reading the description. Let's see if that's true.

Entangling roots, classic. It could sprout copious amount of roots from any solid surface, cost depending on the type of surface you're sprouting the entire thing from. As the basic, any further nature summoning require a varying degree of expertise at this spell. I'm not sure how good I am since I used brute force approach of pouring ridiculous amount of mana to the spell and see how it goes, but I think I had a decent understanding of it at least.

Regrow plants, another classic. It need actual base, seed or young sprout, or else the tree vanished when the mana imbued into it eventually dissipated. That had the limitations of the plants being based from, well, an actual plant, and limited the variety. On the flip side, growing something out of nothing will allow me to customize it to my heart content. Further it was from an actual plant, the harder it was to do and the more it cost. It mentioned a particular mage raising a wall of tightly packed trees that were harder than iron. And another that restore a burnt forest overnight. Convenient.

Regeneration. A bit more advanced, requiring basic knowledge of the regrowing plants. Hastening the recovery of organic beings. However be careful about terminal disease. Yeah yeah, I got that part. There's a tagging to an advanced magic "Healing Rain", supposedly it affect anyone in a wide area with the regeneration. It happened to rain during the first recorded usage so that's where the name came from.

Then summoning. Forest sprite, ent, dryad, bees, not unlike the elemental of other magical elements. The mana taking physical variety based on their own nature - pun not intended -. I willed a ball of green energy to float, before scattering into a swarm of bees. I waved and they scattered back into energy form, which I reabsorbed. I think I can do summoning just fine.

Contracting animals were covered, surprisingly. It use some kind of tranquil aura to make them like the mage in question, then it's a matter of manipulating them into acting with hostility to any person of choice. Finally, there's the rune to bound them to the mage's will once they're liked enough. Doing it off the bat or toward something with higher intelligence will be resisted and cause the spell to fail, as well as making them wary and/or hateful. Not really necessary to me.

Shapeshifting was considered quite advanced. There's problem with spellcasting when it came to the other form, considering the way different channel the mana flow within the body. However, do it often enough and the problem eventually vanished. I'm not sure I want to do this, as big as the temptation of actual flight or not drowning in any slightly deep bodies of water. Morphing supposedly took several precious seconds to minutes, which might as well kill me when a random thunderbird or sea serpent decided to snack on me.

Finally, direct attacks. It was pitifully few, but the indirect version as well as the support spell more than made up for it. A particularly nasty one was the one titled "The Wood's Last Will". Quite a grand title, but it's fitting - basically it set up minute tendrils of mana to connect to all plant life in a circular area, magically created or otherwise. Almost undetectable and was too minor for anyone to care. Until it was activated, that's it. The lifeforce of those plants were ripped to the center of the formation, exploding trees into shrapnel of wooden splinters. Then the energy concentrated before exploding outward, engulfing everyone in the circle and turning them into trees. The process was irreversible, according to the book. It wasn't likely for a mage to possess more mana than the lifeforce of an entire forest to resist the whole thing.

Then a weaponized version of regeneration. Specifically, it aged the target by several decades. Now that's scary.

I looked at the water tome. I ponder whether should I go through it - my affinity wasn't as good as the nature one.

Eh, I had the time. I opened the directory and skimmed through it. Water manipulation was the basic of the basic. Next one in order was water creation. It was harder to do where moisture was scarce. Figures.

My eyes darted onto one particular "waterbreathing". What to say? I so want that... ergh, so vague. What, a drowning water mage might sometimes develop the ability to "breath" the water? What kind of bollocks was that? I'm not drowning myself to find out. ((They extracted the oxygen from the H2O, but Reachii didn't exactly know that))

Water elemental, easy enough.

Sub-spell of water, frost branch. That's cool. Melting iceberg or freezing entire lake was doable with enough mana. Practically, buffeting someone with water and then freezing them will kill off the guy real quickly - permanent damage to affected regions, at the very least. Oh, frost golem was covered. Neat-o.

Wide scale weather manipulations. Rain, blizzard, hailstorm of sharp icicles, completely doable. It generally required several mages working together but what about me, I wonder?

And finally... water beam? Not sounding threatening for something on far end.

...oh. Holy, I think I just had a revelation.

Basically, once it was shot at fast enough speed, a thin beam of water can shear through diamond and punch a hole in the strongest of barrier which can be used to quickly break open the whole thing. And best of all, it didn't cost much to do. But! It was hella difficult to reach that point. Two magus in recorded history, and that's it.

What got into my mind though, was the first statement. If it's shot fast enough... what about telekinesis? I don't even need to control the water directly. Just compress it to the point of singularity, then let a hole in the compression force...

I need to try that soon. For now though, my last goal.

This was partially the reason I came here so late in the night. I went to legends, children's book, as well as fictions to collect stuff about legendary mages in general. Who knows, perhaps I can modify some existing arcane magic to achieve the same result with those beings deemed beyond humanity. well, I sure as hell won't be seen reading those. No thank you.

Seeing the huge pile of books, I sat down and start flipping the pages...

11. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Reachii's magical experimentation #2

I limply fell on the hard ground, after writhing in pain for what seemed like an eternity.

How did I get here? Well, I immediately parted after reporting the whole exploration with my party to the guild. I had minute mana enhanced into my entire flesh but the development was indeed way. too. slow. So I ran out to one part of the forest, waved a wall of trees complete with semi-autonomous ents designed to swat anyone and anything out. Would probably raise some rumor in the guild. Anyway, I raised the mana infused by an amount that would normally blew someone to pieces. I think I actually glowed, with lights escaping from cracks on my skin. And my eyes. And mouth. All orifices emitting light like a miniature sun just appeared within me.

Of course, the pain was catastrophic.

I lost control of myself, screaming in a way that drove any and all wildlife away from the tree ring. Another rumor for guildmaster to deal with. Anyway, it lasted several good hours until the mana infusion stop because I finally ran out... and I flopped down like a dead fish. Drenched in my own sweat, I probed the changes and discovered that I can infuse a little bit more mana before it start hurting. Well, it's a progress. Not gonna do it again tonight though, my mana's almost out anyway. I still keep a minor amount infused, supported by my regeneration.

I've practiced nature instead of water back at the icy mountain. My reasoning was in line of if it works in somewhere as hostile as that, it should work even better on less extreme places. And I wasn't disappointed. But now I need to try water, so I drew a large ball of water from my surrounding. Rather easy considering the damp forest supplementing plenty of moisture. I stepped in, having it swirl to clean up the sweat and filth.

I lasted a total of twenty seconds before letting the water drop, splashing everywhere while I gasped for air. No waterbreathing just yet apparently. Not the main goal, I mused as I floated to avoid stepping on the dirty ground. With a will, the water stopped flowing into the earth and floated up again. I changed its shape into a vague humanoid figure with an elliptical main body and two long lump for arm, outline it with mana, and let go of my control. The mana line held, and from the rate of decay will stay that way for several hours. My watery construct sprung to life, awaiting my command just like the ents. I willed it to attack and surprisingly the ball of water it launched actually left a dent on a tree. Perhaps I've underestimated the attack power of water magic after all.

I tapped on the elemental, changing the shape of the mana line. It stopped in its track as it froze from the center, icy spikes radiated outward when it completely turned into ice. Way less agility, but the attack was...

Several frost spikes impaled the tree in response to my command.

...a lot more useful, at least against conventional enemies. Yep. I'll keep that in mind. Next, I made a dome of solidified mana to surround the clearing. Several shots of frost spikes pierced and stuck on the barrier, creating a widening crack before the next volley broke it apart.

Not as successful as I hoped. Perhaps it was a wrong approach? Still, it should be usable. I summoned a smaller, circular surface of solidified mana instead. I positioned the makeshift shield and had the elemental launch spikes at it. Being thicker than the previous dome, it withstand three volleys before collapsing.

That's satisfying enough. Next one would be a different variant. I focused on an area in front of me, creating a swirling sphere that quickly picked up speed. It was basically a storm of telekinesis, forcing the air to move faster and faster and faster. It formed some wheezing sounds, probably it's the air being ripped apart. Several spikes went to it and promptly shattered into small chunks of ice. I sent an ent to punch the sphere, its massive fist was shredded halfway before it went through and disrupted the flow.

I never thought I'll ever think of this, but apparently I still need way greater control over telekinesis. Instead of dread, I felt giddy. I actually opened a whole new realm to master!

Calming myself, I prepared the last spell of the day. It was an idea taken from a badly written novellas with a boringly powerful, handsome, rich, loved by girls, yada yada protagonist. Ignoring the cringe-worthy part, the concept was magic nullification.

Energy manipulation was my base. With a horrific efficiency, arcane magic can change mana form into different element. What if I can forcefully turn an entire area into a null field, where only a single magical element work?

I closed my eyes. Among everything I ever did this took the most concentration - after all, it cost so much to convert a minute amount of mana. Doing so in a large area? Madness! Or at least, that's what those expert said. I'd say, stuff it. I'm trying.

The ripple slowly came from me. It was easier due to my main affinity being arcane, however it slowed down the moment the ripple touched the frost golem. However, within several seconds the parts affected by the growing ripple crumbled even as it consumed more and more of the golem, eventually reducing it into a puddle. The ripple spreads, hitting a massive blockage as they reached the edge of clearings where my tree-wall located, taking a good minute before all of the trees dispelled into nothingness at once.

I stopped the conversion, cold sweat flowing down my nape. I've truly pushed my mana expenditure to my limit. But I grinned in anticipation. Just initial day of experimentation reached this far. What if I've calibrated it for weeks, months even? Would I not revolutionize magic? Well, probably not. Nobody else had this much mana, perhaps nobody else ever will. Still, wouldn't that make me completely unique..? That's a good thing, isn't it?

I flew back to the city, flopping down on my bed without bothering to change. Perhaps I'll skip questing tomorrow, experiment more? I had the capital to do just that...

12. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    In my lair I look at the image of perfection that is my finished katana. I don't know or care how humans would rate it. For me, it is enough that I like it.

It is composed of an extremely complex alloy with over twenty different metals melded together. The base is composed of Iron, Titanium, and Aluminum for a lightweight and flexible but extremely strong alloy. I also added in the elemental metals Arctic Cobalt, Azure Neptunium, Black Titanium, Colorless Aluminum, Electric Magnesium, Forest Tungsten, Grey Nickel, Hades Platinum, Lunar Silver, Navy Silver, Obsidian Gold, Pandemonium Copper, Red Mercury, Rose Gold, Solar Gold, Violet Technetium, White Plutonium, Yellow Palladium, which represent a total of 12 core elements and 3 composite elements, with 3 repeated. I also added amalgam for flexibility, Arcane Silver and Arcane Palladium (Mythril and Rune Metal to this world) to boost its magic capacity enough to hold all 18 elemental abilities I inscribed into the elemental metals, White Gold and Celestial Electrum to make it regenerate itself and decorate its hilt, and Inconel to make it unmeltable and extremely sturdy. Further, I added a graviton crystal to give it control over gravity, Jorium filigree to enhance psionic and other mental abilities, and Hastelloy to speed the users perception and muscles.

I then inscribed runes along its length. Three sentence length inscriptions, all on the same side of the blade.

"Incig Tera Lucil Nyx. Won Aeris Axim Qi. Geas Oa Favi Ha."

Written in the runes which are directly connected to the 26 core elements of the best magical system ever designed, and in the language of my father's race, those few sentences are each spells of unbelievable potency. Trump cards which I would very much enjoy using, though I think worlds will suffer when I do. Satisfied, I look at my blade.

It is beautiful. The blade is long and slightly curved, with a single bladed edge with molecular sharpness. It will have no trouble cutting through matter of any kind, and magic nullification is one of the elemental abilities I inscribed. It is long, as long as I am tall, but lightweight and easy to use. Patterns of color fill the groove, though they tamper off into a harmonious steel color as they reach the edge. The point is a perfect triangle, finishing both the edge curve and the back curve without interruption, and the hilt is pitch black with gold wrapping around it. A single crystal is at the end of the hilt, black as the darkest void, and surrounded by a rainbow pattern of metal alloys. The guard has been shaped into my trademark single wing, again black and textured into the pattern of feathers. It extends out beyond the back of the blade, with a curved shoulder protecting the front.

I do not make a sheath for it. Such a beautiful blade should not be sheathed and hidden from the world, but displayed proudly in hand and always at the ready. Even so, it is not yet finished. I need to take it for a test run somehow, to blood it on the most powerful foe I can find. This world lacks such a worthy opponent. Therefore, I must reuse something I faced before.
    I step through a rend in the space time continuum that connects me with a universe I made a long time ago. All Dragons are supposed to create such a universe when they are born, to determine their power and potential. The size and density of the universe created can be measured to get a pretty accurate representation of how much power an individual has. A universe the size of a small room is typical for lesser dragons such as wyverns and drakes. The largest a human being has ever created was the size of a planet. Even most gods are limited to a solar system or so.

Mine is a bit beyond that. When I was just a dozen years old, my personal universe was created capable of holding almost a hundred galaxies. It further contained stars, planets, quasars, nebulas, and countless materials of quality ranging from simple stone to Divine Steels. The only thing it lacked was life.

The materials within cannot be brought out into the physical universe. They do not exist in that way. I can experiment on them in that realm for limitless amounts of time, as it is set in such a way that time doesn't pass within unless I personally enter it, and no time passes outside when I am within. A simple matter of using perpendicular temporal axes, nothing too fancy. Further, my universe fails to fulfill the most basic use of a dragons personal universe, the holding of their hoard whenever they travel. As I cannot bring anything out of it except what I can carry, it is exceptionally inconvenient to use it for storing things. I created another personal world for that, but due to the extreme complexity required to manually manipulate all the settings that one is much smaller, only about as large as a mountain. No where near enough to hold everything I've collected over my lifetime, not to mention what I inherited or was gifted from my parents and ancestors.

I step into my universe carrying my new sword. After all, it has another use that I discovered after my mother left. Those who are killed by me can be placed inside without worry, and pieces of them can be removed with ease. Further, when in this realm, those who are dead can never die.

I materialize in the last place I was in this universe. Surrounding me is a horde of orcs, goblins, wargs, and Lizardmen led by a demonic Orc and several orcish Kings. They notice me and begin to attack immediately, completely forgetting everything that led to their deaths and relocation to this plain. Even the animals and plants are alive again, running from the horse and diving into the surrounding forest.

I ignore them and leap into the sky, using my wing to ascend far faster than I normally would in the other universe. I see the plain shrinking until it is a single patch of green on an otherwise barren world, then that world is but a dot soon lost in the brightness of its star, then all I see is a single point of light. Then I look around.

A galaxy extends around me. Millions upon millions of stars shine brightly in a dark void, the immensity of my realm impressing even me. For now, I've only used this one galaxy as my graveyard. Thousands of worlds are inhabited, and others are taken whole from other universes. Stars, planets, moons... I've taken all of them before. And yet I've barely even begun to fill this one Galaxy with its hundreds of billions of stars, even though the dead who reside here number in the thousands of trillions. Beyond this galaxy, I see countless more. My universe has long since grown to the size of the largest universes, continuing millions of galaxies. Not even I have explored all of it. I doubt any can.

There is a specific world I'm looking for, and in an instant I find it. Moving through the Galaxy at trillions of times the speed of light (though such rules do not apply to me) I soon descend into a massive gas giant.

The upper layers of the immense world are white and yellow, illuminated by the star to give an aura of holiness and divinity. The lower layers are thicker and red, giving and ominous impression of the demonic. And both are inhabited by countless beings.
    From above a host of illuminated beings with white wings and robes, glowing gold and silver with their own internal radiance, descends to meet a rising force of black winged and red skinned monsters with horns, claws, and fangs. The illuminated beings are Angels of every class, from the Seraphim with six wings to the Cherubim with merely two to the Etherim with uncounted. Dominions, Thrones, Powers, Angels, and Archangels are more of the ranks that fill that heavenly host. Their allies are golden armored heroes of humanoid races, Valkyries and Saints who worshipped great gods and ascended to heaven long ago. Apostles, Buddhas, Paragons, Deities... Ascended of every race that believes in light and goodness and has taken their place in the heavens. Even the heavenly dragons and beasts fly alongside them.
    The demonic beings are neither outmatched nor outnumbered, however. Archdevils representing each of the seven sins command Vampires, Succubi, Monstrous Beasts, Undead, and Demonic Dragons to rise and destroy those above them. Cruel tyrants of past ages lead armies of the damned against the Heavens above them. Asura, Angra Mainyu, Youkai, and countless other demons create a host which outnumbers that from above.

Neither side is weak. Neither side could fail to achieve victory, and both are filled to the brim with beings at the peak of power in any other world. They came from the highest planes of existence long ago, and have waged this war for countless eons. Yet, as happened before and as has happened many times since, both forces stop as I take my place in the reenactment of that which happened long ago, standing directly between them both. I lightly hold my new sword in my right hand as my left wing leisurely holds me in the air. And once again, two armies of impossible magnitude begin to attack the intruder neither can tolerate above each other. The Heavenly hosts cannot allow a fallen to exist and represent their failure. The demonic cannot allow an angelic being separated from heaven to live, and represent that which they lost. And I cannot wait to once more begin this endless battle.

"Shall we begin?"
    I ask rhetorically as the first of both sides reach me. Then everything turns into chaos.

I first turn and block the strike of an Archangel with my blade, which rings slightly with the blow. I am driven downwards immediately, unable to maintain my position in the face of that strength. Unsurprising, and not undesirable. The demonic forces and angelic forces meet where I just was, and begin their own battle.
    I fall into a demon with five pairs of wings and seven tails, which sends all of them at me along with its flail. I dodge swiftly upwards and then cut downwards to remove one of its tails, befor activating the first of the blades many abilities.
    "Absolute Zero"
    I whisper, causing a burst of pure ice magic to strike the demon and freeze half its body. It roars with fury before falling without its wings, leaving me victorious. But I cannot rest on those laurels.

A pair of vampires fly at me with bat like wings. One I manage to cut down by damaging a wing, but the other succeeds in landing a blow on mine, spinning me away from it. The next instant I am face to face with a titanic demon known as a behemoth. It swipes its paw towards me with intent to crush. I cut rapidly, slicing a hole through the paw which prevents me from being hit, and then defend my back against the magic of an angel. The blades passive Magic Nullification cuts through the spell, defending me for an instant before I have to dodge a rain of holy arrows, which strike the behemoth. It roars in pain before retaliating with its breath weapon, creating a typhoon.
    I try to pull up through the chaos, dueling frantically with a Seraphim which uses its wings as blades. In this battle my strength is above average indeed, but not nearly enough to face multiple high level opponents at once. Especially not Ancestor level beings such as this.

Lightning flashes around us, as fire and holy magic saturate the air and darkness and wind magic tear it apart. I block the seraphim's right center wing with my own, wincing in pain as the bone is bruised severe retailiting to cut off its left lower wing. I then frantically spin around it to avoid a blast of holy magic before retaliating with a burst of Darkness from Shadow Flare. The Seraphim winces in pain this time before ascending to avoid the battle of an Archdevil and Archangel. I pursue, flashing my blade which is now covered in lightning and fire.
    It blocks with a manifested holy sword, or perhaps I should say divine. Then it weilds another and breaks my guard, drawing blood as it cuts into my side. I regenerate quickly but am still forced backwards by its incessant attacks. I use another of my blades abilities, "Miasma". Death magic in all its concentrated horror spills towards the Seraphim, enough to instantly kill any mortal being. The Seraphim is anything but, unfortunately, and so manages to shake it off in less than a second. That is all the opening I need.
    I dive in and cut off the seraphim's arms. That won't last, but I begin to move the sword faster and faster, cutting it to pieces until the light finally stops glowing. Panting, I pull myself backwards just as I know it's dead.

The true nature of this realm is then revealed. Looking around, I see countless on both sides perish by being torn to pieces, their bodies shattered and even their souls devoured. And then...
    The pieces of the Seraphim pull together and begin shining again. Six wings reform around a glowing body, along with a pair of holy swords in its arms. And I dive to avoid its searching gaze, watching every other perished being reform in exactly the same way. And I remember the most essential truth about this place:
    What is dead can never die.

I engage an Archdevil of Ice to test my flame abilities. "Inferno" burns the area around us, bringing many in to attack me from both heaven and hell. To escape I active "Waking Dream" and send them all an illusion of me fleeing downwards while I actually flee to my back, into another cluster of combatants. A Demon of Lust engages me in a battle of mental abilities I end up losing, trapped in a nightmare of peacefulness until I am knocked awake by a Valkyrie's spear. I kill the Valkyrie easily with my Spatial Slash, but am forced downwards again by her companions. An Asura's six weapons give me serious trouble before I manage to blind its eyes with "Shadow Flare", allowing me to flee into the magic of a Saint. My sword feasts on the blood of Angelic and Demonic as I kill over and over again, and they are reborn just as fast. And in the middle of this chaotic conflict, I smile in pure, unadulterated joy.

My sword is beautiful as it reaps the immortal lives. My abilities are flowing naturally, my powers fill my body, and my blood boils as I enjoy this endless conflict. This is a war of the heavens, a battle of gods. I kill a heavenly dragon from the inside, diving down its throat to avoid the unbreakable scales. I rend the Ghostly wings of an Etherim before tearing out its heart. I deal more damage than an Archdevil of Wrath, manage to burn to death a Divine Phoenix, freeze an inhabitant of Cocytus, shatter the shell of a World Tortoise... I enjoy myself in a fight where every kill is earned, where every blow is a struggle and yet I still come out on top. I have been cut countless times, bruised even more. My bones are cracked, healed, and cracked again. My eyes water as my body screams in agony while demonic flames burn even me, while divine light punishes the evil within me. Long ago my bloodlust was sated. Now I fight for pride, for victory, and for the sheer challenge of this unending battle. This is my theater, my glory, my dominion.

I decide it is finally time it test my trump cards. On a battle of this scale they won't grant me instantaneous victory as they would almost anywhere else, but that's the entire point. I clear the area around me before holding my blade towards the sky as if in challenge.

"Incig Tera Lucil Nyx!"
    I shout towards the sky. And thousands begin to attack me as they feel the power I just unleashed.
    Those attacks never make it. An explosion of power comes from my body, comprised of both truest light and purest darkness. It surges outwards with terrible force and power, intent on destroying everything it touches.
    The first ranks closest to me are annihilated without a chance to respond. Archangel's, Dragons, Devils... All are killed in a single blow, not even a corpse left behind. The second rank is also overwhelmed, but they manage to slow it with their barriers and counters enough that the third rank defends successfully. The power surges and tries to break the barriers, but the fourth and fifth pranks support and its energy runs out quickly. Even so, all three ranks are exhausted from the effort.
    The results are better than expected. About four hundred deities killed, and another two thousand exhausted simply to defend against it. Considering each of these deities is a world class being, that strike was probably enough to ravage a thousand works with ease.

On the other hand, I went all out too. I am forced to run away with all my effort as the counter strike comes from beyond those five ranks I hit. Diving back into the melee I barely manage to hold my own against lower demons as the destroyed upper ranks reform and begin fighting among themselves again. I use a few tricks to regather my power.
    "Regeneration" is used to boost my own recovery, markedly slower after I exhausted my power, while "Soul Tear" is used to capture the souls of those I defeat. Of course they reform anyway, but the energy of the soul is used to restore my own strength. I also gather energy from this universe, though I feel worlds and stars on the outer edges vanishing as I do. They'll recover quickly enough. I've been forced to devour entire galaxies to restore my strength before. Though I was much closer to death at those times.

After about four hours of recovery I feel ready to test the second ability. Once more I enter the most dangerous part of the fray and take my position in an open area. I chant again,

"Won Aeris Axim Qi!"
    The first ability was destructive and obvious. This one is far more subtle, yet much more dangerous. The magic of all those around me, about a hundred strong, stops. I can feel that power's control being taken from them and given to me.
    I close my eyes as I feel magic power again, power I haven't used in a long time except vicariously through others. Then I open them and begin to cast spells.
    Gravity magic create black holes to devour many. Wind magic creates typhoons and hurricanes, tearing through the battlefield. Fiery explosions and holy beams fall from the sky, meteors tear from space, time is twisted and space collapses. I slaughter thousands with this power and my own skill in manipulating magic, ravaging the battlefield whilst taking control of every attack magic sent my way. Dominion magic... Magic which controls other magic. The highest form of magic ever imagined. To use it is a rush like no other.
    But it soon runs out. I am not strong enough to control such magic forever, or even for many minutes. I stop long before I am exhausted this time and prepare to use my last ability. This one is easy compared to the rest.

"Geas Oa Favi Ha!"
    I shout as those destroyed reform. Yet even as they return to life, the battle around stops completely. No one attacks anyone else. The strong sense what sort of power was just used, and the weak understand from the strong that something is wrong. Soon, the battlefield is silent.
    I wait patiently. This ability is the easiest to use, but definitely not weak. It's effect is efficient and terrible, especially for a setting such as this.
    Soon, one of the heroes can't take it anymore and turns his blade on a demon opposite him. Slicing once, he kills it instantly before turning to the next. Yet before he can, he is immobilized. Along with the entire heavenly host.
    Then it begins. Space trembles in fear as power beyond imagination is triggered from my blade. I begin to sweat profusely as I feel the terrible energies I invoked moving, and my arm trembles to hold the blade along. And something comes out from it.
    Dark and light, good and evil, order and chaos merge into a being of inscrutable form. A manifestation of true magic itself, and nothing more. Yet even though every being here is aware of that, they still feel the fear that comes from standing before something much, much more powerful than oneself.
    And then it moves. Every being on the heavenly side perishes instantaneously. Their souls are broken, their bodies destroyed, only dust remains to indicate where they once were. As the being vanishes, it's task done, I drop my arm and fly quickly away. Behind me I feel the heavenly and demonic hosts reforming, one retreating into the sky and the other down into the darkness. The battle will be fought again soon, but for now it is stopped.

Those three ultimate abilities were beyond what I had anticipated. "Incig Tera Lucil Nyx": an attack magic that can destroy planets with ease. "Won Aeris Axim Qi": a dominion magic which can control the powers of others and use them as your own. And finally "Geas Oa Favi Ha": a judgement magic which punishes those who break the contract it imposes. All three are terribly powerful. And all three give me the greatest satisfaction to use.

I circle in the darkness of space away from any star, on a dark world which I have stocked with countless metals and other ingredients. There, I land to look at the blade in my hand and decide on a name.
    In the end, I find I'm pretty lazy.
    "Alatum Unum Sephirim"
    Is the name I inscribe on the other side of the blade from the three runic spells. One winged Angel.

I find I rather like it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  13. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Reachii's magical experimentation #3

...I overslept. Been a while since I last did, I guess yesterday was too exhaustive. I yawned and stretched, floating while my clothes came off and folded neatly in the laundry basket. Damn, I smell bad. Shouldn't skip bath next time.

A quick shower later, I'm checking the guild to see nothing worthwile coming out. Idly wondering when will the guildmaster stop procrastinate, I visited the tavern for a very late breakfast or early lunch, depending on how one see it. My apetite was somewhat bigger, but not as apocalyptic as the one post-implant. I suppose the damage wasn't all that severe yesterday.

Done with that, I took another visit to the clearing from yesterday. There were fewer wildlife than usual, but nothing strange after everything that happened yesterday. I looked around, erected the tree ring, summoned treants and ice elementals, and sat down cross legged at the center.

For the next part, I'll try infusing mana to individual parts instead of full body. I wasn't able to note down my progress since it hurt way too much, not even the damage because I already healed by the time I came by. So for now, I'll try... let's start with legs.

"@^#&$*^(^*#^@$&#!!!!"

Ohmyfuckinggodithurts..!

I'm not sure when did I fell on my back, but I hanged my legs up because touching anything sent a wave of pain from the point of contact. Still, the infusement did work. I'm not sure how much the strength increase, or how much of the change was permanent, but I can know it now.

Standing up with much difficulty, I bent my knee and jumped.

It was exhilriating, to put it mildly, jumping over the treeline with my own physical strength. But then I recalled the cracking and ripping sounds when I jumped.

Then the pain increased hundredfold.

"!/#&#^@&#($/(#!/#&@+×%!!^&!!!!"

The bones shattered, blood veins burst, tendon ripped, nerves severed, and flesh mangled. Especially the knee and ankle area. I unconsciously stopped the infusement to make it more bearable but that didn't change the fact that I had just crushed my legs.

I wailed in pain, in such way that people would mistake me for a banshee. It took several minutes for me to calm down, but my legs were getting paler by every second of bleeding. Steeling my resolve, I bit on some torn pieces of my cloak and started putting myself back together.

Several hours of light-based mend, nature-based regeneration, telekinetically fixing the bones' position, the rest of the cloak, and buckets of tears later, I managed to fully restore the function of my legs. Had to break some part several times because it healed wrong. I do not want to experience that again. At least I should look up light magic to regrow limbs, cutting it off and growing a new ones sounds much more appealing to me.

Haaaah, that hurts so much. Scary how badly it could went. No wonder normal mages didn't pursue this path.

"Perhaps I should give up? Or... ask Aly for guidance..?"

((I'm thinking two ways to get through this, either Alliuna @Aca1814ina toy with her again or Eun-Ha so happen to stumble there and decided to help @A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal. The necessary knowledge was human anatomy after all, which Reachii is woefully lacking at. I think Aly would prefer watching the other two struggling to figure it out? It's also a good chance to improve Eun-Ha and Reachii's relationship. I don't think they had any in-character interaction after the initial contact aside from cakes.))

14. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was heading back to the inn, I saw a scary zombie walking while muttering something.
    I was so scared that I decided to head back as fast as I could to my innroom.
    Hmm is it just me or that was Reachii (@A5G_Reaper)?
    Remembering the looks of that zombie again, I realized that the zombe's clothes were similar to Reachii's style.
    Hmm I should ask her about that tomorrow.
    Having decided that, I returned to the kitchen and finished baking the cake. Definitely not because I was too scared to sleep.
    The cake this time was budapestlängd, a sweet rolled soft spongy bread with milk cream in between the layers of the bread formed by the rolling.
    It is supposed to be covered in powdered sugar like snow, but I don't even have normal sugar at hand.
    Instead of powdered sugar I used powdered solidified honey that I made by drying some from the beehive that was somehow carefully stored on my bag
    Once I finished the cake, I trained the whole night with my daggers and wind and earth magic until the early morning came.
    I cleaned myself and clothed myself and no I didn't use the skirt I had forgot that I was using this whole time, but the blue pants that mask guy gave me.
    Ah but I kept the white shirt and red coat, because I kinda like them.
    This trousers arw a little too long for my fighting style...
    I decided to shorten the length of the trousers with my sewing tools transforming it into short pants.
    Feeling good for finally wearing pants I headed to the kitchen, made some waffles for everyone at the inn, and left syrup that I made extracting some liquid from the trees of the forest using the alchemy tools.
    I have a feeling that this is not the reason why alchemist uncle gave me those tools...
    Oh well, whatever, let's simply enjoy breakfast
    Having finished my tasty meal I went to look for Reachii (@A5G_Reaper) to give her the cake and confirm if she was related with the zombie from last night.

Bielt and A5G_Reaper like this.
  15. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    You can find her in the woods for the rest of the day. Look for the screaming coming from a tight ring of tree and an obviously out of place treant + frost golem guards.

16. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC (as the evil controller of Eun-Ha's fate): Okay.

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  17. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm ignoring you if you're in the forest. Though I will say the necessary information is probably in the library under 'Non-Magical Healing'. I'd recommend @A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal aka Eun-Ha takes her there to try and help her. He(lol) doesn't have external healing magic after all.

OOC of course.

18. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

Reading List:
    Link
    While I was heading to the tavern to wait for Reachii (@A5G_Reaper), I heard some lumberjacks talking about some strange screams coming from the forest.
    Hmm it got me worried, that's my main gathering spot, let's investigate the forest and report it to the guild if it is more than I can handle.
    Having decided that I carefully stored the cake in an ice barrier and ran to the forest.
    Once I entered the forest I took a deep breath to calm myself and started with the investigation
    I didn't notice it yesterday, but the mana coming from the trees are a little different than usual. It seems that my mana perception is getting better and better.
    I decided to follow the the trails of trees with strange mana and as I was finding more and more trees affected by it I came to the realization that the strange mana was one thatvwas disturbed by external mana and destroying it.
    Whatever that did this must have a way to weaken mana in an area. Scary.
    When I decided that it was time to head back, I heard a dreadful scream filled with curses.
    It was too scary, and I immediately started to run, but not in the direction of the town, but in the direction of the scream.
    That was obvious since that scream sounded similar to one of my friend's voice and with my telepathic ring I understood that the scream had the same mental voice as that cake witch.
    "Reachiiiiii!"

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  19. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC (the evil god that toys with Eun-Ha's fate): Thanks for the tip. Eun-Ha has plenty of knowledge of modern medicine so she could use that info quite well.
    Thinking again, Eun-Ha had quite the high spec on Earth, sadly most of those skills are useless at the current poor Eun-Ha in this wold.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  20. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Too late and I had to get up early =_= reply in six hours at the earliest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.