Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Official Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    yep.. B to A and A to S will need promotion quest~

2. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems that @shad12ow had gotten used cleaning after my "quest clearance evidence". That's good for him. Still, I'm still left with plenty of stuff and I don't think I could hide it in the forest for any sustainable period. Four wyverns weren't exactly portable.

Going back to the inn, I found Aevhera the mermaid in the exact same position I left her this morning - chilling in the bathtub with a pile of book next to her. It was children's picture books I rented from the library, but she liked it anyway. I read some to her last night, and since then she keep pestering me for more. Too bad the ring didn't translate written words, otherwise I'd let her keep it. Eun-Ha wouldn't mind I think.

I recall she really liked the part with dragon-slaying heroes. It was really cliche but she said she grew up with a wholly different set of legends and stories so I suppose the new things fascinated her. Actually, that's why I returned a bit early - I promised to take her lunch. There were an hour or so until then.

"So, would you like to see a dragon?" Technically not a dragon, wyverns. But she wouldn't really mind the difference. Her eyes beamed and her mouth opened wide enough to fit an egg into it, and she nodded so vigorously that I worried she'll get headache. She flopped out of the tub, wearing a jacket the guild issued yesterday without drying herself, and hopped happily. I patted her on the head and brought her flying, which she already learned to enjoy. Quick to adapt, this kid.

Initially she was hiding behind my back since there wasn't any apparent wound on the wyverns, making them seems asleep instead of really really dead. It didn't lasted long, I had the treants pick them up by the tail and shook it like a dead chicken she finally let her curiosity take over. Before long she's riding the telekinetically controlled wyvern on its neck, brandishing a stick and shouting cute mermaid battlecries. I chuckled at the spectacle, letting her enjoying the game before finally returning for lunch.

It was a good day, so far.

(( @ForumObserver ))

3. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OSC (The one who gave up his humanity to mess around with Eun-Ha's fate): There is actually eight heroes remaining.
    One guy didn't had a cheat at all, but he was strong enough to protect and guide Eun-Ha until the adventurer town. His current location is unknown. Because Eun-Ha has difficulty remembering non-female names, in Eun-Ha's mind his name is Hugo.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    ForumObserver and Bielt like this.
  4. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC *Meanwhile in some unknown omniverse, the god mermaid people prayed to told ForumObserver about the cute scenes happening inside the adventurer town* lol to think future mermaid queen is a bit chuuni like this, just what are you doing Villan. Not that I hate it though.

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  5. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally not my influence.

6. ForumObserver

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC during Reachii playtime with Aevhera , Overgod Kulyuk (the one mermaid people prayed to) sent a book regarding telekinetic magic (probably legendary book) to Reachii's home. (Did the overgod just pulled chinese novel cliche?!)
    Reachii obtained Universal K*ndle(censored due to coypright issue(lul)) of Telekinesis. (Description: a K*ndle contains every kind of knowledge regarding telekinesis magic. Use the knowledge with caution)

Since it's K*ndle, not all of the content is free so......... (Overgod Kulyuk is a troll)

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  7. ForumObserver

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC "OI KULYUK!! What are you doing with sending that book to a mortal?!"
    Kulyuk : Aw come on Forum, I only gave one of my numerous toys to her. Teehee~
    "Damn you for giving plot armor to a mortal..."

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  8. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    What is in that book?

9. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    v2.3 changelog

- an adventurer may take a quest max of 6 per day

-upcoming automated quest (which means u don't have to do anything, just mention taking it and report at the receptionist table, it was automated so the gold will be lower but it's good for those who have limited amount of time)

-adventurer's shop is coming up soon, along with auction house

-for those that have reach requirements to ascend to A rank, can mention me for promotion quest.

-quest by @Aca1814ina will be paid by her own adventurer's gold, so watch out ;)~ no infinite wealth since it will mess up the gold available~

- Adventurer's Guild Crafting is up and running just incase some people miss it.

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  10. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ldyrdy: Recommendation on Mercenaries: have a mercenary function where a player can offer up their combat prowess for another player to use in their quest for a fixed amount of gold per quest, like 10 for E rank Mercenary, 20 for D rank, etc. Then mercenaries can 'assist' in as many quests per day as they are asked to without it counting against their daily quest maximum of 6, and it also doesn't boost their adventurer rank.

Example: If I had Luna (B rank) sign up as a Mercenary, and then 5 players had her help in 11 quests, she would get 40 gold from each player for every quest, or 440 gold for her mercenary work in addition to however much she made as an adventurer. She would assist by helping to write scenarios or just being written in to the players quest report. This could help players deal with more difficult quests, necessary support functions such as crafting professions, directions, or carrying weight, or just to make more interesting scenarios.
    {Luna is absolutely not signing up for any such thing}

Thoughts?

VOLX98 likes this.
  11. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    If the service is available, perhaps it should also allow lower-ranked players to take a high-ranking quest? For example, there's almost no way a Rank D guildie will come to harm if they're toting around a Rank S buddy, even if it's a Rank B quest. But it should be limited for maybe one quest a day perhaps, to prevent abuse from those with endless pockets, lol.

12. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

Reading List:
    Link
    After reporting the quests I had done today, I quickly returned to the inn to prepare a new cake and today's breakfast,
    For breakfast let's go with the simple french toast.
    I created a small floating ice sword which I used to cut the bread and used heat magic to melt the butter until it turned liquid, then I changed the heat magic for water magic to control both the butter and milk to mix it, then started to heat that mix. While I was doing all that magic I was beating the eggs and then make the egg float with water magic and also mixed with the butter and milk heating it more.
    Once the liquid mix was hot enough, I put the sliced bread inside to toast them. Good French toast ready.
    Now I need to keep maintaining the heat to serve them to the other inn residents once they woke up. This is an amazing magic training.

Now let's move on with Reachii's cake...
    I don't have my alchemy tools since I left them on the forest...

A5G_Reaper and Bielt like this.
  13. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    ((If you come to pick it up around lunch time, you'll run into a bizzare scene of a mermaid riding a wyvern while brandishing a tree branch like a sword, with obviously-out-of-place redwood treants watching.))

14. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

Reading List:
    Link
    OSC (The superbeing who can do changed the winner life of Eun-Ha into a rough survivalist life of an adventurer): I'll make Eun-Ha go to the forest at lunch then to deliver the cake that she made for the first time without alchemy tools.
    PS: I completely transformed the alchemy tool into potion, poison and sweet extract factory...

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  15. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Coming soon?

16. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

Reading List:
    Link
    OCC (The Grandmaster of Eun-Ha's fate): Yup, just finished making the frosting.

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  17. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I am not only lacking in sugar, but I can't even use the sweet extract, no wait a moment I can do it! There are several sweet fruits I took from the forest in this kitchen!
    I used all my concentration, besides the one I am using to heat the French toasts, to use water magic on the fruits.
    That's right, I'll use water magic to extract the sweet liquid! Even though it will be a little different from the usual sweet extract, this way the fruity flavor will be stronger.
    This is harsh, I am sweating bullets, at least if I weren't heating the bread it will be easier...
    After a full ten minutes of intense mana manipulation I managed to extract all the sweet concentrated liquid of the fruits.
    Huff, I finished the harder parts, but I can't relax yet.
    For the moment, I put the sweet liquid in an ice bowl I made with my already used combination of water and heat magic.
    After making sure that the sweet liquid is safe I melted the butter and put it inside the sweet liquid together with the honey, made mix float like an water ball and started to rotate violently the mix to simulate the whisking while heating it.
    At the same time I was beating the eggs and when the sweet mix was ready I put the beaten eggs inside the sweet mix. This part was difficult since if I heat the mix too much or whisk it too little the eggs would be cooked. Then I quickly put the baking soda (otherworldly version) until the dough was finally made. As usual, the more the mix turns solid, the more difficult it is to control it with water magic, but my recently improving earth magic helps me with controlling the dough.
    Now the easier part came, I just made layers and layers of this honey dough and started to bake them separately.
    This time I won't make that cream I made by heating condensed milk with sweet extract like the first promised cake I made, but instead I'll make normal cream, the same one I used for the cake I gave her the day we met, this is the sixth one so I need to make it very special in preparation for the last one.
    I mixed the cream with the tasteless powder similar to powdered sugar (That's why I wish sugar right now!) and shook the mix while cooling it down until the frosting was complete.
    I glued the layers of dough with the frosting and when the layers of dough were as tall as a normal cake, I bathed it with all the remaining frosting making it look like a smooth and white cake.
    Then I used fire magic to shape it nicely, added the crumbs from the dough to paint the white cake in to a brown one and put the many berries left on top.
    Hmm Hmm, cake ready!
    Once I finished the cake, I enveloped it in a magically made ice cage to make it look like a certain Disney queen ice castle and stored it in my bag and ate my french toast with honey. Yummy.
    I started training with my daggers while waiting for the other residents to wake up and served their breakfast, when the last resident ate his french toast I quickly ran at the tavern, but on the way I heard rumors of a mermaid flying in the direction of the forest together with a mage girl.
    It was obvious who that pair was, since I don't know any other mermaid that will go to the forest instead of the sea.
    I quickly ran to the forest to give her my sixth cake, since my magic has clearly improved in those ten days I have been an adventurer I was able to keep a steam smokescreen to avoid enemies all the way until the forest wasting as little mana as possible.
    But once I was near the forest I saw something dreadful, it was a dragon, no wyvern flying around, but my passive appraisal activated so that means that thing is not alive...
    How powerful can that cheat cake witch be?
    I entered the forest with a little jealousy on my heart to meet Reachii (@A5G_Reaper)

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  18. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked at my pocket watch and found that it has nearing lunch time. No. It is almost over. Once again, I have overworked yet again. I guess I’ll take a break. I need to avoid getting overworked too often since I will lead that meeting later on. I guess I will-

“Hey, Sha-Sho-Spider guy!!”

I could feel my eyes twitched at that failed attempt to call my name and instead opting to use my nickname. The sight of a elven girl waving at me rather energetically came into my view as I lifted up my head. As usual, she is dressed in her tribal clothing, but somehow it looked a bit lighter than the one she used the other day.

“Ms. Erdatiel, my name is Shadow. It’s not that hard to pronounce.”

“I’m not good with name, you know? And there’s no need to call me so politely like that. Erdatiel is fine. Or maybe Erd for short? I know you human love to use nickname on each other.”

“…Erdatiel then. What are you doing here?”

“Ah! Yes, I want to eat something. Do you know a good place?”

“Hmm? What a coincident. I was going to have my lunch too. Shall we go then?”

“Sure!”

Somehow she seems more energetic than usual. I guess that is not a bad thing.

==================================================================

I’m full. Very…very full. And I only have myself to be blamed for that. When she asked me where to eat, I said that we should just eat at the stall. In this city, the number of stall that sells food is quite high. I mean, since this city can be called a melting pot of culture, you would expect that, right? Food on skewer, fried fritters, juice made from various fruit, fruits from various neighboring places, sweets, anything.

So what’s the problem, you might ask? This elf has a bottomless stomach. I did said that we should go eat that the stall. But not at every single stall. She really dragged me from stall to stall, eating a bit here and a bit there. In the first place, I’m not that much of an eater. So stall hopping really is not my cup of tea. At least I’m glad that it is not at night since at night more stall is going to pop out. I’m glad. Very glad.

At the moment, I’m riding my spider with her that was still nibbling on some skewered sweets. I glanced back and I immediately wonder where did those foods go? I mean, she has such a small body that is seemingly impossible to store all that food. But maybe an Elf just has a good metabolism. I don’t know.

“So where are we going now? Anything good to eat?”

Geh! You still want to eat!? I can’t even look at a piece of candy without feeling sick.

“L-Let’s just have some drink, shall we?”

“Oh, okay.”

Why do you look so disappointed? Don’t tell me you aren’t full yet!? Ugh…

“Ah!”

“E-Eh? What is it?”

“I’m sorry, but can we go to the wall, please?”

“Huh? The wall?”

“Yeah, the wall.”

I try to look for some clue about her intention from her expression, but so far I found nothing. I guess, there’s no harm, right?

“…Okay, I guess.”

====================================================================

“Hmm…yes, this is the same.”

“The same?”

I asked her while the two of us sat on top of the spider that stuck itself on the edge of the wall. Some people were looking at us, but they soon walked by as they are really familiar with the sight of me riding my big mechanical spider.

“Yes, the same. The air and the sun. It is the same as the one I know when I am in my home.”

“…Where is your home?”

“My home is the on the west, near the border of the desert and the swamp, the Ithlon Tribe.”

“Ha? You are not from Oakenlake Kingdom?”

“Oakenlake Kingdom? That is on the east, right? No, I’m not from them. I’ve met their princess though, she is…uhm…Emi…Emu…Emile…Uhm…”

“Emelelyn Oakenlake.”

“Yeah, that! How did you know her?”

“She is in this city, you know?”

“Hah!? I never knew that! How come I never knew that!?”

“How I should know!”

“Don’t tell me, she came here to ask the same thing? Is her kingdom also being attacked?”

“Yes, she did.”

“…Ah…then their kingdom is in a very dire situation.”

I unconsciously raised my eyebrow as she said that.

“Why did you say that?”

“You see, the nobles on Oakenlake are very strict with the whole elven supremacy stuff. They will not make contact with another race if not for emergency. In their mind, elf is a supreme being and asking assistance from anyone is a disgraceful act.”

I know that some of the human also harbor similar sentiment. I couldn’t help but sigh at that.

“Tell me, Erdatiel, is it the same with your kingdom?”

“Hmm, not to that extent, but that kind of people existed there. In fact, I think Ithlon is divided into 2 major factions. The elf supremacy faction and the coexisting with everyone faction.”

“And you are the later one?”

“Correct. I think everyone needs to know their neighbor. Race and culture is not something that should stopped us from getting to know and understand each other. The reason for that is simple. Because we are in this world here together. We are all under the same sun and breathe the same air. We are on a different place, but we are still besides each other. There is no reason to not coexisting.”

I nodded several times as I heard her explanation. If the other representative is like this, then the meeting can run very smooth without any trouble. I felt more and more confidence that holding his meeting is the right thing to do.

“Hey, Erdatiel, do you know that there is going to be an interspecies meeting soon?”

“Huh? I never know that!”

“Well, you know now. Then this is a good chance for me to invite you. Will you act as your kingdom representative?”

“M-Me? B-But I’m just here to ask for the adventurer’s assistant in protecting my tribe’s land. I’ d-don’t know I can do that. I’m only a daughter of a small tribe.”

“Then decide it now, right here, right now. As of now, I am planning to not only help your tribe and Oakenlake kingdom, but also every other kingdom. But military assistant is just the first step. I want to make connection with everyone from every race. The Kobold, the Orc, The Tauren, The Mermaid, anyone. Although this is just with a simple adventurer guild, I think that is a start.”

I moved my sight to the many people that filled the bustling street around the wall.

“We the human know next to nothing about the other race. We only meet some of them and we never really put effort in trying to understand them. The guild is a start. We take anyone and everyone as a member. It is a wonder that we can work together. But we did. We fight together. We bleed together. We party and drink together.”

“…That’s right. The only other race inside my kingdom is the kobold.”

“See? We can work together. We only need to make effort in understanding the other. So, Erdatiel of the Ithlon Tribe, will you help me and the guild making that into reality?”

“Heh…This has been more than I anticipated. I will!”

“Hahaha! Good. Good!”

I felt that this will be a start of a new age in the guild. It might not be big step, but this is a start.

“Ah, by the way, did you say that the Kobold is in your kingdom too?”

“Hmm? Yes, they are. Why are you asking that?”

“You see, one of the Kobold mention the same name when they saw me.”

“O-Oh? You mean W-Wiya'khiy?”

“No, the other one.”

“B-Beelee?”

“Why are you stuttering? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“…Uhm, promise you won’t be angry.”

“Huh? Okay?”

“Shadow, please promise you won’t be angry. Say it properly.”

Now you remember my name? Sheesh…

“Okay, I promise.”

“O-Okay. Uhm, Beelee is a name from a legend that refers to a big creature that walks on eight legs.”

“Oh, a spider then.”

“That eats corpse.”

“…Okay…that is….unpleasant. Then, how about Wiya'ied? Is that correct?”

“Oh, that refers to the life snatcher.”

“…This is not getting better. Now I’m afraid to ask. Wiya'khiy?”

“…Reaper from Hell that kidnap and turned elf and kobold into mindless puppet. Forcing them to do anything he wants. Use them as a toy. Experimenting on them. Something like that.”

“…Let’s go back.”

I better not ride my spider when I invite them.

19. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! isn't Wiya'ied and Wiya'khiy about me right?

20. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think the Wiya'ied might be you. Wiya'khiy suites me quite nice, isn't that right, @A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.