Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild Receptionist Table

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    @shad12ow - SD3 (orc leaders), SC2 (mermaids), GC3 (crabs), BC1 (ants)

I had Vhera display her magic as we made our way out of the guild. She was untrained for the most part, but her pure control over water was decent. If I had to pick, she didn't know water summoning which was fundamantally the very basic for human mages. Well, no need to make water when she live in the sea. She nodded without questions to the explanation and was already able to do it. I'll supply the water for her to use in combat, she can take her time learning water formation later.

"First lesson: against most land creature, submerging them is sufficient to kill them."

I flew us to a random orcish tribe that still persistently stay near the city. On the way I created a ball of water the size of a water tank, and cut off my control so that she could use it fully. I levitated the remaining with telekinesis while Vhera took two blobs and aimed at the pair of sentries lazing on the outskirt.

Her fine control was amazing, I'd give her that. The blob of water flew rapidly, but abruptly stopped once it engulfed the sentries' head. I'd imagine they let out their breath in surprise, and now suffocate as well as blinded at the same time. They clawed the water for several seconds before dropping dully on the ground.

"I think I should mention that with sufficient control, you can manipulate blood. It wouldn't work against creature with high vitality or mana, but a short lapse is all you need to burst their blood out of their heart and brain." I told her, which shuddered but nod regardless. "Let's move along. Lesson two: water make great barrier against most projectiles."

We floated in, I maintained the water barrier while she focus on the kill. Vhera can manage six different water balls at once as long as it stay within her line of sight. Nothing short of amazing. If she improve here as fast as her other aspect, she would catch up to the current me in several short weeks. Her mana would still nowhere near mine, but that's not a fair comparison.

I saw what seemed like the eldest shaman, its arm crackling with lightning. The screen froze immediately, then a crashing impact slammed into the ice screen. It startled Vhera as she dropped the water balls, I pat her in reassurance and she resumed the killing with vigor.

"Lesson number three: ice block lightning almost as well as rocks. Some said that newly formed water ball also did so just fine, but I haven't got the chance to personally test that."

The shaman was quickly engulfed in water, dropping dead next to what seemed like the clan chief. The orcs were already running, I picked what seemed like three captains and drenched them with water.

"Fourth lesson: many living things cannot live in cold, more so on reptiles and insects. Watch."

Two of the struggling orcs were flash-freezed, one instantly died from shock whereas the other shivered uncontrollably. It fell into deep sleep, never to wake again. Well,it wouldn't even if I left it but I burst some blood vessel in its head. It bled from its orifices, not aware about the entire process.

"That, in turn, lapse them so that you can invade their blood vessel. Go try."

She fiddled momentarily, but eventually she got it right and the last orc quickly froze up. Still took minutes instead of near-instant that I did, but she got it. Soon enough the orc lost enough control over himself and Vhera decidedly shatter the heart because bleeding from facial orifices were creepy, according to her.

"Good job, you're good at this." I pat her head while pulling out the orc's head, along with the shaman and the chief's head. She had that bashful smile again, t-that's cheating! I rubbed her head more as we flew southward, I gave her several tips to practice her control. To my surprise she actually ended up better at it, making vague mermaid-shaped water figures swimming around us. I had to cheat and use telekinesis to give mine more distinctive details. I had to keep my teacher's diginity, okay?! Can't afford her surpassing me in one day!

We flew past a massive crater where the biggest ant nests cluster was supposed to be, immediately reminding me on an unreasonably excessive dragon lady. It didn't took long to find another nest, albeit smaller than expected.

"Remember what I said about insects? They're fragile creatures, easily suffocate if you can find where their breathing hole is and die from freezing even easier. Experiment on which part you need to hit to kill them fastest."

The ants were as large as Vhera individually. The mandibles were scary, but it was pointless if they cannot bite. I let the mermaid play along with seemingly endless wave of ants, discovering that covering their middle part with water kill them as fast as the time needed to freeze it. She was happy, occasionally diving into the big water ball I prepared for her to use. It was indeed hot, I was half tempted to join her...

"Alright, let's get moving. There won't be an end to them if you do it one by one." I clapped twice, prompting her to return to my side. I summoned an immense water ball comparable to the one I used to drown the firebird, sending it flooding in a large stream into the nest. The few that managed to scamper out I froze, the rest drowned inside their nest.

I feel out the largest cavern in the ant's system, surprisingly shallow for their size. I froze the entire place then after a painstacking effort lifted the whole lump out, defrosting the whole thing and fished the dead queen ant out of it.

It was a short flight south to the sea. Vhera looked all nostalgic at her home, but refused to visit in fear of not being able to meet me anytime soon. I smiled at the girl, ruffling her hair as we flew to find feral mermaids.

I assume the comparison with friendly ones are like this
    [​IMG]

And Vhera immediately found some. Like she had some radar for her uglier, more animalistic relatives. Unexpectedly the ferals floated and swim midair with an alarming finesse, coming straight at us. Vhera frozen the first two, but was nowhere near fast enough for the rest of the school.

I manifested a water screen between us. It extended like tentacles before finally froze into a wall of spears, where the first half of the ferals slammed headfirst. It ended just as well as expected, the ferals skewered and/or crushed by the momentum of those behind.

"Lesson five: ice is hard and rigid, as opposed to the flexibly flowing water. Yet if you can switch between the two fast enough, you'll have the benefit of both."

I noticed that the ferals behind split apart, but took some distance before they managed to stop moving. Apparently their midair maneuverability wasn't all that good, as fast as they could propel themselves.

They charged again. Vhera fumbled the wall which didn't formed fast enough and thus shattered upon contact, but ravaging spikes burst from the surface of the sea to clean up the feral mermaids. Vhera was dejected at her failure, I hugged her closer to console her.

"Come on, you did great. There's just too many of them. Remember how you dealt witht he first two? Cheer up, dearest."

She's a bit better after that, albeit our distance greatly shorten during the teip back to the shore. Just like before she discovered giant crabs faster than I could, I made sure to praise her for that. There's the bashful smile. Never could grow tired of it.

"I heard giant crabs taste heavenly. Should we get more?" I told her that, and she agreed on both count. Apparently the crabs are considered delicacy by the merfolks, it's just they had trouble killing the bigger ones. I smiled and reminded her about freezing, in which she immediately beamed up with smile.

We discovered three crabs with varying size, their shell between four and six meters. Vhera frozen the two smaller ones but I stopped her from freezing the largest crab I've ever seen. I bound it with vines instead, taking it back fresh and alive.

"We're having crabs tonight! I hope Eun-Ha can cook it. I wonder how to kill it without damaging the edible bits..."

I arrived at the guild, giving @shad12ow the five frozen orc heads, forty frozen feral mermaid heads, a half-frozen ant queen, and the two frozen giant crabs - one for the quest, one as souvenir because he mentioned it. I'll let him decide which one to turn in. I'm keeping the fresh one of course.

"Orcs, mermaids, ant, and crab. I've cleaned up one of the ant nest, and you can keep one of the crabs. I'll leave them here, yeah?"

(( @ForumObserver @A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal ))

2. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    *glance at my pile of dead wyverns*

They're still quite fresh, y'know. Just sayin'.

3. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    #SD3 – D rank – slay 5 orc leader (max gold: 100) - savage and cunning
    #SC2 - C rank – slay 12 mermaids (max gold: 240) - somehow they are ugly?
    #GC3 - C rank - face the giant crab (max gold: 140) quest rewards: 1x crab meat
    #BC1 - B rank - the ant nest is dangerous (max gold: 250) quest rewards: 1x giant ant feeler
    =================================================================
    "Oh! Crab! Marvelous! They goes well with booze. especially if you boil them in one. Hahaha! This is great! And the other subjugation proof is perfectly freeze...that somehow gave me ideas for my next tool. Here is the reward, 100 gold, 240 gold, 140 gold, and 250 gold, total to 730 gold. Crab meat and also giant ant feeler. Take care now! Oh, maybe I'll ask my talented assistant to cook this. Ah, I'll go look for her after this."

4. checkman123

checkman123 [Nez] [The Bystander][RAWR FEAR ME]

Reading List:
    Link
    ahem, how much for a wywern

5. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    How much can you pay for it? Not many buyers out there, it'll probably go to you regardless.

Then again there's the option to just eat the thing. I heard dragon meat taste amazing, and wyvern arent far off

6. checkman123

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think i can afford XD im too poor hahaha i only got 245 G but I plan to get a lot more today. hold 6 for me!

7. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    What the heck you need six wyverns for

8. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, why do you need 6 of them? I thought you request me to build a crossbow. Not a ballista. Although, a ballista can be ordered to if you want. I do not need much. With one wyvern, I can even throw some blade trap after making the crossbow.

9. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I only have three anyway. And one of them is for dinner.

10. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course they look and feel exactly the same to most people. Luna's senses are just a bit abnormal.
    Ok I have to ask, do you really think I'd call a place crawling with A rank monsters C rank? (Or D @A5G_Reaper) Luna's sense of scale is indeed abnormal but she doesn't use a letter based ranking system, so everything she bases on a letter E-S is the same as what humans would use. To her that's all level 1 or 2, but her letter rankings are accurate.

Could you have missed an illusionist or something in the city which explains why nothing is attacking you? Because that is way too high level for a C-rank area. Save that sort of thing for the S ranked locations, or at least the A ranked. I put in enough high level places that I don't need the low level ones crawling with top tier enemies as well.

ForumObserver and A5G_Reaper like this.
  11. checkman123

Reading List:
    Link
    ohhh i thought you mean 6 wywern lmao XD
    1 wywern please~

12. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I arrived to guild to report.

o #GD3 (give up) – D rank – collect 3 yeti skin (max gold: 120) quest rewards: 1x yeti fur
    o #GC2 (give up) – C rank – explore a wvyern nest (max gold: 150) quest rewards: 1x wvyern scale
    o #SC3 (give up) - C rank – slay 3 ice golem (max gold: 150) - cold and stoney
    o #ED2 (give up) – D rank - snowy mountain clearance team (maximum gold 150)

Tl:dr

Arrived to mountain, Reacchi act on his own initiative. Reacchi and Psyx have fight. Psyx leaved the party. I tried to follow her to calm down her. I gave up my own quests. She ditched me.

13. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    So can I ask you to help me make a drill lance? All the moving parts will be difficult.

14. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure thing. What do you need? Give me the spec.

15. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    And then? Then what?

16. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I return to the guild?

17. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Okay...

18. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Here you go.

19. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did, really look here:

Ldyrdy likes this.
  20. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, I see. For the moving part, I think I need a fire stone for the power for the moving part, an ice crystal for cooling system, and then 2 mithril ingots for the main part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.