Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild Receptionist Table

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    #SZ1 – No Rank – Exploring the Unknown Land [ 300 gold & 1 Guild honorary badge ]

@shad12ow kun I will be writing the story in parts. Since it will be a long one.
    I also planned to release the map of the Unknown land in stages in each story.

The Legend of Legendary Village Girl

"Gunununu... that damn Shadow-kun and that magician... what's her name again? Reachi? Shadow-kun and Reachi-san, saying that I'm a weak helpless Village Girl... I'll show them!"

I muttered while walking through the Adventurer City streets.

"Fufufu... They thought they just send a weak Village Girl on a dangerous mission by herself. But that is wrong! I'm going to assemble the greatest expeditionary team in the whole world using the whole list of my amazing Friends!"

I pumped my fist. While feeling triumphant.

"Yes... Friends... what is a friend again?"

I started counting the number of my friends with my fingers.

"...I forgot, I have no friends..."

I fell on my knee in defeat.

"No Elchie! Remember! You must have some friends... That's right!"

At that time, some people came into my mind. Then I quickly dashed on the street of Adventurer City.

Later that Evening

*bam* *bam* *bam*
    I knocked the door of a lone cabin in the middle of a swamp.

"Morgan! You there?"
    "Yes, yes, coming"

The door opened from the inside. There stood a large male human in his late 20's. His hair is pretty long and uncombed, the so called wild style. And his eye is sharp like that of a wolf.

"Huh? Morgan?"
    "Yes, I'm Morgan"
    "You look... less hairy?"
    "Nn? Ah... this is the first time you see my original form isn't it?"
    "So... that's how you looked like."
    "That's right"
    "Well that doesn't matter right now... Come with me for my adventure!"
    "Huh?"

Morgan was dumbfounded. Then I explained everything in details.

"I see, a commission from the guild huh?"
    "That's why, will you come with me?"
    "Usually, I would refuse to leave the comfort of my cabin. But, I myself is interested in what lies in the Unknown Land. Yep, you can count me in"
    "Great!"
    "By the way, is it just us?"
    "No, I want to ask Frostia to join as well"
    "Ah... that dragon you're always talking about. Hmm? Is that fine? She's a Dragon you know?"
    "It is fine! Frostia is always bored in her cave, she wouldn't pass something as interesting as this! Also with Frostia around, the journey would be easier!"
    "I guess that's true. So when and where we all will meet up."
    "Tomorrow in Frontier Town"
    "Got it, I'm going to prepare some stuff first"

The day after that

"Frostia~! You there~?"

I shouted towards Frostia's cave. Then from inside, a large ice blue dragon comes out.

"...Don't shout at me this early in the morning... I have a low blood pressure... *yawn*"
    "It's already afternoon... wait? Dragon could have a low blood pressure!?"
    "*yawn* yes they could..."
    "Anyway... Join me in my adventure Frostia!"
    "...Hmm? Nn... yeah whatever... just do as you wish..."
    "...Hey, I walked here straight from the Central Swamp without a rest. Please show some motivation even a bit..."
    "So... where are we going?"
    "We're going to the Unknown Land, but first we need to get to the Frontier Town first"
    "Got it... you just want a ride don't you?"
    "So you knew"
    "Then hop on. We'll get there real quick."
    "You don't need to prepare first?"
    "I'm a Dragon, what kind of thing a Dragon need to prepare when traveling?"
    "Good point"

I then hop on Frostia's back. Then we flew towards the Frontier Town.

"Okay, land here"

We landed in a field a little bit far from the town.

"Okay Frostia, you wait here while I get our companion."
    "I don't need to come?"
    "The whole town would be in panic if you come"
    "I could always do this you know?"

Just then, Frostia's body started to shine brightly. Then it started to shrunk into the figure of a human.
    When the light fade out a figure of a Young woman in her mid 20's appeared. She has a long flowing blue hair and eyes with the same color. She has a nice style and was wearing a blue Kimono like robe. She's a pretty lady. But her expression is pretty sloppy which is a shame.

"See?"
    "Wow, amazing!"
    "If you live long enough. You'll eventually learn how to do this."
    "I don't think everyone could do that."

I decided to let Frostia's enter the town with me.

"It's been a long time since I entered a Human Town"
    "When was the last time you entered one?"
    "Last week"
    "That's pretty recent..."
    "The Adventurer City has a good alcohol after all"

We waited at the center of the Town. For some time.

"He's sure is late... what are you doing Frostia?"
    "Hmm? It seems the guy we waiting for haven't arrived yet so I was thinking of getting some drink for a bit"
    "Haa... it still afternoon you know..."
    "It's fine, it's fine. Just one glass wouldn't hurt"

I followed Frostia towards the nearby tavern. Since Morgan haven't arrived yet I guess it's fine.

I opened the door of the Tavern inside...

"Drink! Drink! Drink!" Many people cheering towards two people having somekind of a drinking contest.

It was pretty rowdy inside the tavern.

"Those guys are amazing, it's their tenth glass already"
    "That red haired youngsters is more amazing, he still young but he could keep up with that man"

Just then the sound of glass hitting table could be heard.

"Puah... I give up... I can't drink anymore... it's my loss Morgan-san"
    ""Uooh!"" The crowd cheers
    "We have a winner! It's the mister with scary eyes!"
    "Haha, you're ten years too early to challenge me to a drinking contest young man. Now keep up your promise."
    "Yes, yes... Today, all drinks on me!"
    ""Uuooo!"" The crowd cheered even louder.

I looked at the scene dumbfounded.

"What the hell are they doing this early in the afternoon..."
    "A drinking contest? Aww... I wish I have come earlier..."
    "Nope, don't start anything"

I looked at both of the people that having the contest. It's Morgan and The Spiky Haired boy. I think he introduced himself ad the hero of The Empire or something. It's looks like his companions also here.

"Morgan!" I called him
    "Ah... you..."
    "Livingcorpse-san!?"
    "What are you doing this early in the afternoon!"
    "Oh? What this? Getting yelled on by your wife? And she's so young. I'm jealous~ Hahaha!" The crowd mocked Morgan.
    "Haha, No, no, I don't even want that girl as my sister. No matter how many lives I have, it wouldn't be enough." He replied sarcastically
    "What's that supposed to mean!?"
    "Now... now..."
    "Anyway, why the hell are you here?"
    "It's a long story... It has something to do with this youngster here."
    "Ah... hello Livingcorpse-san"

I glanced at the Spiky Haired boy and his companions.

"Haa... understood. Let me hear it."

The Spiky Haired boy then told me his reason. In short he want to come with us to the Unknown Lands.

When Morgan was waiting for us in the center of the Town, he met these guys. When he was asked what is he doing here, he told them everything. Since they also planned to go there too, the Spiky Haired boy proposes him to go together eith them.

"I see..." i muttered in understanding.

We are currently sitting in the corner table of the Tavern.
    I saw Frostia started another drinking bout in the corner of my vision but I'll ignore that.

"With Livingcorpse-san and Morgan-san help. Our journey would be easier."
    "I also agree with Yuusha-dono. I'm ashamed to say this myself but we're not strong enough to cross the Orc Lands by ourselves."
    "I wanted less people to get in the way of me and darling honeymoon but I guess it can't be helped"
    "Elena-san!"
    "That's why Livingcorpse-san. Would you agree with our proposal?" The Spiky Haired boy asked me

I pondered for a moment.

"Maa... I guess it's fine. The merrier the better."
    "Thank you"
    "When could you depart?"
    "Anytime"
    "Okay then... Oii Frostia! We're leaving!"
    "...Nn? Just wait till I finish this glass for a bit"

It took some time to drag Frostia out of the Tavern. Before we knew it, it already evening.

We are currently just outside the Town. I talked to Frostia.

"Okay Frostia let's..."
    "Elchie come here for a moment. Also you, your name is Morgan right? You also come here"

Me and Morgan looked at each other before we come towards her.

"That Red haired boy and his companions... I know them" Frostia whispered
    "Hmm? Yeah they are the Hero Party after all. Of course they would be famous." I answered
    "No, not that. I mean... you remember that time I talked about wiping the floor with a party calling themselves hero party?"
    "Oh yeah, I remember... Wait!? Don't tell me..."
    "Yeah, it's them."
    "Isn't this bad..."
    "Hmm? I don't understand what you guys talking about" Morgan looked ar us in puzzlement

I then told Morgan the Story of Frostia kicking the Hero Party ass

"Hmm... I see, then we just don't have to let that Youngster sees Her true form"
    "Hmm... understood"
    "But then our plans of using Frostia as a ride..."
    "Sorry we have to walk"

I regretted my decision of letting them join us. If they knew of Frostia's true form. I can't imagine what would happen.

Worst case we might have made the Empire into our enemy.

"I guess it couldn't be helped..."
    "Umm... Livingcorpse-san is something the matter?"
    "N-Nothing!" I vigorously denied it
    "I-Is that so..."

I guess we just have to walk all the way there.

In a grassland just outside Frontier Town. A unique group has just formed. With a single goal towards the Unknown land, they have gathered.

The Hero of The Largest Human Nation in the world.

The Vice-captain of the Famous Royal Guard of the Empire.

A prodigious Witch that has made her name known throughout the Western Continent.

A holy woman of the Largest religion in the whole world.

An Elder Dragon that has lived for centuries.

A mysterious Shopkeeper that have invented various kind of Magic Item.

And a single Village Girl in a Maid Outfit.

"Everyone ready?"
    "All set"
    "Nn"
    "No problem here"
    "Here too"
    "Yes"
    "Everything is ready"

The Village Girl gazed at the horizon.

"Then let's go"

Their journey started with the setting sun in the background.

This is a legend, that would be handed down throughout generations to come...

...Not.

To be continued...

Current Location :
    The Journey_1.jpg

P.S I'm still working on the map.
    There are some problems with the detailed version of @Aca1814ina map. (The image is too big) so the Unknown land map has to wait.

2. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    #AB2 - Mermaid Burial Trench (B rank): The Mermaids are worried about the dark miasma leaking from their ancient burial site, a trench that is miles deeper than their city. You'll probably dies long before you get there due to the crushing pressure and the overall inability to breathe, but hey, got to humor our allies don't we? Get down there and check itout. Aly's quest @Aca1814ina

Burial Trench Enemy List :
    -Black Manta (Aquaman reference) (mini boss).
    -Corrupted Merman.
    -Corrupted Angler Fish.
    -Mutated Shark.
    -Skeletons Mermaids.
    -Corrupted Feral Mermaids
    -Hydraloid (Boss)

Extra info :
    Requirement to enter: Needs to eat Aqua Cake B Rank Strenght. There's a peculiar looking tech core in the centre of the burial site with the entrance guarded by Hydraloid as the boss. Adventurers are advised to bring potion which counters corruption status ailment or moderately high resistance against corruption ailment. Do not worry about the miasma entering the mermaid capital, the mermaid queen already sealed the miasma leakage. Preventing them from spreading outside of Burial Site.

@shad12ow informs the guild, Mermaid Queen will sent an expedition army to the Temple Of Atlantis (A Rank). The Queen also requesting our researchers assistance in researching the Tech Core inside the centre of burial site. This is also a gift from the queen aswell

- Full set of dismembered Hydraloid body parts
    - Aqua Cake Recipe : Grants non sea organisms ability to move freely and breathe underwater and completely nullify the heavy pressure of the underwater (4 hours duration). Asks any chef to make this recipe or you can buy the cake from the mermaid capital (costs 65 gold).

3. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thanks for the report, my friend. I will inform the guildmaster about this."
    OOC: A rank, eh? Well, that will not attract a lot for member since we only have a few people in B rank.

4. ForumObserver

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC in the future (the temple expedition)

5. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Got it. I'll appraise after everything is done and compiled into 1 post.

6. ForumObserver

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC @LivingCorpse there's a high chance you will stumble a Demon Sage in the Unknown Lands. He's friendly, just don't piss him off.

7. checkman123

checkman123 [Nez] [The Bystander][RAWR FEAR ME]

Reading List:
    Link
    im still waiting for your response. How much for a wywern ~

8. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    #GD5 -D rank - clean the junkyard for metals (max gold: 80) quest rewards: 1x old frying pan
    After riding for four whole days with little time for breaks, Psyx spent a day resting in the small cave she had turned into her temporary base whenever she was in town. She knew her zombies wouldn't be easily accepted inside the city, so inns would no longer be an option for the time being. At least here in the forest she was free to brew as many potions as she wanted, take water from the river and get herbs any time of the day. Sleeping on cold, hard ground was something she was used to, anyway, and she could always learn how to fish and find edible plants she could eat. Now that she had zombies, she could also use them to hunt for food, although they might dismember or mutilate the animals they catch if she wasn't attentive.

Making some modifications in her undead monsters like removing and exchanging body parts reduced their number from 31 into 15, but these zombies followed her commands more accurately and moved by themselves without her expending lots of mana to control them. She was left with 4 zombies that had ice troll and yeti heads in charge of heavy lifting and tasks requiring strength, 6 that had snow leopard, arctic wolf and wolverine heads specializing in hunting, running and fighting; 3 with goblin heads which were capable of using weapons and doing more complicated actions and the remaining 2 that had griffin heads that were able to fly. She was satisfied with the results, since she already knew that hybrid zombies were difficult to create and maintain. After all, zombies were restricted to movements used while still alive, and new body parts being attached or old ones getting removed might lead to the body dysfunctioning or breaking down. At worst cases, the zombies go berserk and either destroy themselves, other creatures, and/or their summoners. If it weren't for the research and experiments she personally witnessed (and forced to help with) being conducted by a psychopath, she wouldn't even have the guts nor the inclination to try learning how to accomplish it.

The next morning she went to the junkyard near the city for her ninth quest, which was to clean the area for metals in exchange for 80 gold max and an old frying pan. Easy, right? She thought that it would be a good opportunity to study her zombies some more and take note of any adjustments she might need to do, but it seemed like she underestimated the D Rank quest.

She never expected the junkyard to be this HUGE.

And filled with miniature mountains of garbage to boot.

Groaning, Psyx took a deep breath of the smell of an entire city's rubbish and exhaled.

Thank God I have zombie minions.

She assigned the zombies into two groups: the ones with good noses were going to sniff out the metals with the goblin-head monsters assisting them, while the muscleheads will be directly supervised by her as they lifted heavy items and placed them into different heaps of reusable and non-reusable items. Psyx had never been so grateful to have slaves that never complained, feel tired, get hungry, or need compensation before. If they had autonomous will of their own they definitely would not have been able to finish the quest in just one day.

By midnight she was collapsed on a corner of the cave floor, dreaming of a softer bed and an empire of zombies under her rule.

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  9. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Good day, necromancer. What's your latest quest?...The junkyard, eh? I see, I see. Okay, here is the reward, 80 gold. But sadly, I have to deduct it since you didn't put any receptionist name on it. Here is 70 gold and also an old frying pan. By the way, you look tired. Be sure to take care of yourself."

iampsyx likes this.
  10. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    just where the heck you got 3000 golds plebs!!!!!!!!
    and your item list, too chuuni!

Bielt likes this.
  11. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    250g~

12. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    :(

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  13. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I may or may not have turned a portion of it into steak.

But the sinews are good, believe me!

14. BattleNoob

BattleNoob Founder of the NooB Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I got tempted because I wanted bones and treasures and since I'm a undead skeleton I thought of trying since I can't die

15. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    Did u see the giant iron golem at the junkyard?

16. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Rule of foreshadowing dictated that I have to prepare lots and lots of holy water, as well as tissue to wipe the tears following that confrontation.

17. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    PSYX:
    Psyx spent the rest of the night creating a warming potion from the remains of the fire lizards she got from her last quest. She was finished by dawn, and when she entered the room she was now sharing with her new roommate she could still see the mage girl sprawled asleep on the queen-sized bed.

Funny. I don't feel sleepy at all.

Perhaps it was because the guild was undergoing renovations yesterday and she couldn't take any quests, so she spent the whole time in the library and the tavern. I should visit the Guild today and see if they're back in business.

Leaving the room and the still-sleeping Reachii, Psyx bought some beef jerky, bread and water from a stall she passed by then headed off to the Guild. She was glad to see that they were now allowed to take as many quests as they want, and the amount of monetary rewards increased as well. She stood in front of the Quest Board for a while as she contemplated and then finally chose the <Snowy mountain clearance team> quest. The word 'team' was in the title but she wasn't sure whether it was necessary for her to be in a party.

"It is not a requirement, but we firmly suggest that you join one for the safety reasons," the receptionist said.

Indeed. It'll be difficult to complete this alone. Maybe I should go wake up Reachii and make her come with me. Aly is powerful as well, so if we could all form a party then this quest will be easy.
    +++++++++++++++++++++

REACHII:
    I was just finished cleaning up the dead orcs from the floor when I saw my roommate leaving the receptionist table. I poked her on the back as I descended, grinning mischievously as I did so. "Boo!"

"Disposing the bodies took longer than expected. Have you had breakfast yet? It come with the room."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    Psyx was leaving the guild when something suddenly poked her back and said, "Boo!"

She turned around and saw Reachii grinning mischievously at her. "Disposing the bodies took longer than expected. Have you had breakfast yet? It comes with the room."

"I'm not going back to the room again. If you want to eat, then let's go to the tavern," she said. "And what do you mean by bodies?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    "That's fine too, a change of pace isn't bad." I hopped off and started to walk alongside her. It wasn't a long distance, quite literally next door, so we arrived really quickly and took a seat. "About the bodies, I decided to take a morning walk - morning flight, same thing - waiting for you to wake and picked up some orcs at their camp. The guild staff wasn't pleased I dumped the bodies on the lobby again, and made me clean it up."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    "So that was you?" Psyx asked. I thought I saw someone familiar in the lobby.

Reachii ordered some food while Psyx nibbled on the beef and bread she bought earlier. "Anyway, I'm doing the Snow Mountain Clearance Quest. Want to make a party with me?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    I don't really like the cold, but it would be a good test how well I'd do after Aly planted that thing inside of me.

"Yes! I can keep us floating to avoid the atronachs around. It would be really cold though."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    "I made some warming potion that will take care of the cold, but I think we should get another person to come with us, like Aly." Psyx glanced at Reachii. Now that I think about it, how are these two related to each other?
    +++++++++++++++++++++

REACHII:
    "Aly? Nah, not happening. We would have better chance asking the guildmaster to come." I shook my head dramatically. "She's doing everything at her own pace, there's no way she'll drop whatever she's doing for us."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    "I see..." Psyx replied. Too bad. Aly would be a valuable ally. "Should we look for other members? Preferably someone who can focus the monster's attacks on them while we fight from the sidelines."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PYOO:
    A dreary atmosphere hands over my new party, Blooming Garden. Moru and @Nope34 got injured during the mining quest we did. So, I guess everyone's still hung up on that. But, it's stiffling for me... I tried running away from the room, saying I need to tend to Moru. They looked at me concerned and hurried me to leave. They're good people.

For now, I've given Moru our usual herbs. He should be okay for normal activity. But he shouldn't push himself too hard... and he'll still want to accompany me around too.. sigh

Ethe, Moru, and I went back to where Lala and ChouChou is, a bit dejected, and we slept huddled together.
    - - -
    Morning came. I can still feel the tiredness from last night. To my side, Moru is still sleeping. His wounds, although it's closing, still clearly visible. I brushed his fur and he stirred, restless in his sleep. Is he dreaming of yesterday? There's no way we can hunt like this. I'll go to the Adventurer's Guild after Moru wakes up. There should be food near there.
    - - -
    A small girl hung her shoulders down as she entered the lively tavern. Her figure out of place from the excitement, she walked with a large dog by her side. The staff members and adventurers alike couldn't reprimand her for bringing animals in from seeing her psyche and expressions. She sat down alone at one of the chairs and ordered meat for her and her dog. They ate in silence.

An excited new adventurer came into a tavern, hoping to find people to party up and go to a quest with. He noticed the gloomy girl and approached her.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    LEX/ASURA:
    After my country got erased and last that escaped the genocide I decided to restart my life anew in the human kingdom. This morning I decided to register myself as a member of the adventurer guild.
    The registration went smoother than I expected since they didn't ask anything about my background or race.
    Unfortunately, the registration took even the last silver I had on me so I need to finish a quest as soon as possible. *goes to look at the board*

While I stare with great interest at the board I notice a quest by the name snowy mountain clearance team. After realizing that is a team quest I move to others notices. After noticing no others are worth the effort, I look around the tavern.
    My eyes fall upon a girl looking a bit under the weather accompanied by a slightly injured dog, I approach her and ask her after gathering my courage if she wants to team up with me for the snow mountain clearance quest. She agrees after considering it a bit. The girl mentions we can't just clear alone so she suggests looking for at least 2 more members.
    I find it intriguing that she didn't ask my name or rank so far.

While we look around the guild/tavern I decided to strike a conversation with my team mate. Seems like I was right with the fact that she was a bit under the weather, her last quest didn't go that smooth so she parted with her past team. I introduce myself as Lex and I assure her I will try not drag her down. Turns out she is rank D and has more experience than me, so she is my senpai. Calling her senpai brought a slight smile to that clouded face of hers.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    The ground shook for a bit, as if there was an earthquake, and Reachii suddenly bolted out of the tavern after giving Psyx a worried glance. Is something happening?

Some of the adventurers in the tavern left as well while the rest continued chattering loudly among themselves. Even though Psyx tried to listen for any information, all she could hear were speculations and guesses that indicated the lack of knowledge they had, just like her. The same was happening in the guild.

I'll wait for an hour for her here, and if she doesn't come back then I'll leave the town to check it out.

Only twenty minutes or so had passed when Reachii arrived and then went to talk to two adventurers sitting on a table nearby.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    I decided not to report to the guild now that I think about it. Aly will kill me if I caused her to get kicked out for environmental damage. Unsure of what to do, I returned to the tavern. Psyx was still there, I see. But I saw something else nearby, a downcast girl with a dog-wolf creature as well as a white-haired boy accompanying her. It's kind of amusing, so I approached.

"Hello, are they your pets? They're adorable! Why are you sad?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PYOO:
    As Pyoo and Lex chatted about Pyoo's party and previous quest, the earth shook. Confused they looked around to see some people leaving while some still stayed. Considering not everyone left, they decided to simply stay and finish their meal. As they were eating, a flying girl approached them. Pyoo couldn't help but stare at the girl.Ah! Is this... magic?

"Ah, no, I just parted with my party for a bit. It's nothing. Are you a mage? Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too! Yes, I'm a mage. Say, I'm going to take on a quest with my party. Wanna come? Might cheer you up!"

"Yeah, sure, I guess. What quest are you taking? Oh. Are you also coming?" Pyoo looked to Lex. The new adventurer could only agree at the chance to party up and was excited to be in his first quest.

The mage girl, what was her name?, told us a bit about the Mountain Clearing quest she was planning on doing and brought us to a cute girl with short hair.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    "I just invited more people." I apologetically put my palms together in front of Psyx's gaze. "Sorry for not consulting you. "
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    Psyx glanced at the two people Reachii brought. They...did not look that strong. The girl had a big dog with her, and the boy didn't have the physique of a fighter. But then again, maybe they had unusual abilities.

"Hello. I'm Psyx, an alchemist," she said in a quick introduction, then cut to the chase. "What can you do?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    LEX/ASURA:
    Accepting Pyoo's invitation to the quest I study the other two girls and notice that one is floating around

A mage huh, this quest will be interesting
    . Can she sense the other one I wonder?

I shift my gaze towards the other one and I sense a slight aura of dead emanating from her.

What we have here, a necromancer. This kingdom sure is lenient with their citizens. Or is the Adventurer Guild influence? Well, I'm not bothered but doesn't hurt to be a bit in guard just in case.

I smile and introduce myself as Lex. A simple wanderer that just joined the guild and ask them if is okay for someone like me to take part in this quest.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    His mana signature was... fluctuating. Between two distinctly different shape. Peculiar. I started to examine this guy closely as we talked.

"We're just making the numbers in case of emergency. Shouldn't be too dangerous with me around."

Yep, that's not arrogance. It's my confidence. I'm quite certain I can get away relatively unscatched even if it's a blue dragon.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PYOO:
    An alchemist? In a mountain clearing quest? Hmm, may be she's a close friend of the mage girl..

"Hi I'm Pyoo, a tamer. This here is Moru, my partner,"
    Moru barked lightly in greeting.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    A...simple wanderer and a tamer...

Psyx's expression gave nothing away. "Can you two fight?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    LEX/ASURA:
    At Psyx's question, I start to ponder on how much I should I reveal about myself.

He should stay asleep for the moment. Not safe to mention I'm an anomaly of nature with an insane alter ago.

" I'm more orientated towards support and crafting, as for fighting I know some martial skills but they don't amount too much. My body is quite sturdy tho."

As for support skills, All stats buff and Heals should do. As for any attack magic I don't have any.

Now I couldn't just reveal to them I can't learn any of those attack magic skills could I? Damn you alter ego and this cursed cultivation method. For sure she will refuse participation now . . .*sigh*
    +++++++++++++++++++++

SPEAR:
    After I bought a Iron small shield, I go to tavern.

Though I come here mindless, I find Reacchi and feel I need greet her. "Hi Reacchi! How are you?" I ask myself why I'm always so friendly with her.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    "Mister cartographer! Uuu, Spear, wasn't it?" I smiled in return. "Say, we'll be doing the frost mountain genocide clearing quest. Would you come along to map the place?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    SPEAR:
    Mmm? Sure" I nod while examine the other three.

A necromancer, eh? Pretty rare but nothing unusual. I feel some odd vibe from her and her outfit though have the necromancer traits is also odd. Some cheat-like magic?

The next one is the white boy. He's seems from somewhere very far. His weapon... is gauntlets? I look forwand to see what kind of skill he have. He seems also be a crafter.

The last one is a tamer. I feel she is the most normal here. Should I be scared or not? At least she seems friendly but I want know how she join in this odd party.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm SpearOfLies. I'm not a cartographer but a swordsman, I guess? I have some skill on draw maps and I can also use other kind of weapon as well as sword." I introduce myself.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    While they were talking, another guy with a short sword and small shield came and greeted Reachii. Psyx briefly wondered whether the mage girl was just randomly inviting people she met into their party, but at least this one looked like he could receive enemy attacks if they were to do the quest unlike the other two.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PYOO:
    Another crafter, and.. a swordsman. Well, the swordsman would be able to fight. Will we be able to clear a mountain?

"My partners fight for me. Moru can fight well. We also have Ethe, a stone golem. He'll be helpful in battles."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    Well, at least these three could defend themselves somehow. Psyx sighed to herself. Will we be really okay?

They went back to the guild to register the party, and received an outdated map of the mountain that recorded the territories of the various monsters taken some years ago. Even though the quest was to clear all the monsters in the area, they weren’t required to look for monster eggs or destroy their lairs, although they needed to create an updated map for the next adventurers in the future.

"So, if it's agreed we'll depart tomorrow morning? Gather your preparations, it'll be a cold day!"
    "See you tomorrow at the same place in the early morning."
    "I need buy a mantle... Let's buy a cheap one and hope don't catch cold."

It was decided that they’ll start the trip the next day to do their preparations, and that Reachii will take them to the mountain using her magic. They bade their farewells and parted ways.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    I showed up the next morning with black spots under my eyes. Spending entire night reading tend to do that to people. I'm beaming with anticipations though, so many things to do!

"Morning! Psyx wasn't here yet?"

There were two benches floating behind me. I borrowed it from the tavern, promising to return it before sunset. I lowered it onto the ground and sat down, gesturing Pyoo to sit on my side.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PYOO:
    I made sure I have all the things I might need. The thick mantle and thick shoes, boots, I was told to buy yesterday, and my sharpened dagger. We agreed to meet outside the tavern, so I went there with Ethe and Moru, fully ready to go.

There, I saw the mage, Reachii, flying down alone, "I'm here! I wasn't sure what mantle I needed, and the shopkeeper told me to get boots. Will this be fine? Where's Psyx?"

"Morning! Psyx wasn't here yet?" Reachii asked.

"Hmm, I thought she'd go with you," Pyoo said as Reachii sat down next to me.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    SPEAR:
    After finish pack my bag with a mantle and some heavy chothes I come to tavern. *yarm* "Goodmorning. Did you have breakfast yet?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    Psyx finished her preparations and went to the party's meeting place. Reachii, the tamer, and the swordsman were already there, except for the crafter boy. Psyx took out three small bottles of red liquid and handed it out to them. "It's a warming potion that will keep the cold away for 24 hours. Are you all prepared?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    "Yes! Thanks for the potions. Now we're waiting for our last member... should we have breakfast inside first?"

The 4 went inside the tavern, and ordered breakfast.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    LEX/ASURA:
    After I departed with the rest of the team I start to wander around the town, at that moment I realize I have no money left to sleep somewhere overnight. So I decided to sleep on the roof the tavern until next morning.
    After a rather uncomfortable sleep I wake up in the early morning and start to practice my skills.
    I need to get stronger for my goals. Can't fail . ..
    I realize that is almost time for us to gather so I enter the tavern and approach the party . . .
    Looks like I'm last to arrive. ..
    "Morning everyone."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    After finished with breakfast, our last member finally arrived so we prepared to depart. First we check our luggage and, confirming that nothing was missing, I instructed everyone to take a seat including Pyoo's dog. The two newer members looked around confusedly until I sent the benches skyward, at which point Pyoo screamed before it was replaced with mirthful laughter. As for the golem, I directly levitated it.

There was a blurry screen ahead of us to prevent the worst of the wind, but the view below wasn't obstructed. We spent several hours travelling that way, occasionally laughing at adventurers taking the same trip by foot. Further and further east we go, until plains turned into white tundra, and finally the massive mountain towering just within reach.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    As the party flew east, the green trees of the forest down below slowly grew sparser and the land turned whiter the nearer they got to the snowy mountain. After half an hour Psyx could already feel the frost covering her skin, but because of the Warming Potion made from the blood and innards of fire lizards the heat in her body did not drop even a degree from its normal temperature. Reachii took them past the foot of the mountain where adventurers would have typically started and went straight to the peak at the center. For a moment they overlooked the whole body of the titan ice golem that had slept on top of where a deserted wasteland was supposed to be, and had never moved for over a thousand centuries ever since then. Smaller creatures soon started to live in the snow forest that grew on top of the ice golem's body, and Psyx was a dubious over whether they could even find all of the lairs of the monsters in the mountain. For all they knew there could be some that had burrowed deep within the ice ground.

Reachii dropped them at the top of the mountain, which the records in the guild and town library stated was the golem's head.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PYOO:
    My heart is still beating hard.

Flying.

Never would I ever dreamed I can do that. Magic is amazing! I should look into getting avian and magical beast partners!

We've landed on the top of the mountain. Looking down, black, blue, and white fills the scene / sight. Snow bunnies, ice golems, furry elephants and other monsters fills the land, some hidden by thorn bushes, some by pale trees. And the white of the snow is blinding.

Such a breath taking scene. A sight beyond my imagination. This. This is why I traveled away from my clan. Moru is excitedly wagging its tail as well. This was a good decision after all.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    We climbed up to the very top, in which everyone disembark. Psyx started to discuss plan but I cut in immediately.

"Let's skip the walking, let them come here alright?"

With that, I send the biggest mana pulse I ever created. It was a self made spell so I never knew what was the adverse effect, but monsters tend to angrily ran toward the center which was convenient. True to that, howl and shriek filled the air even as a yeti showed up, eyes bloodshot in rage.

"Not sure why, but monsters dislike that pulse. There'll be more coming," I sent a saw circling and striking the yeti's neck from the side. It went down with a spray of blood, dyeing the snow red. "See? It's a frost wyvern." I pointed at an incoming wyvern, screeching as it dove on our general direction.

((A pulse that scale was no longer subtle, not by a long shot. People sensitive to mana like mages or special circumstances would experience an extremely invasive and uncomfortable feeling, like someone from a particular direction is seeing them naked and vulnerable. Less sensitive people would feel some kind of discomforting gaze. Reachii never knew that, so educate her yeah?))
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    SPEAR:

I stared the horde of monsters running here... *sigh* I stared Reacchi while smiling "Can you manage them all? Cause I have no intention to be surrounded by so many monster while my own teammates don't feel well. I have no idea what pulse it is but you seem confident to summon it without ask our opinions so I'm sure you can manage them!" I declared. I held the hands of teammates who don't feel well and rushed to neast cave. As only vanguard I cannot protect my teammate from every direction, specially while aware of frost wyvern can attack everytime. The cave is the best option we have here to limited the number of monsters we fight and I don't dare to escape flying against a wyvern.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    I didn't answer Spear, just nodding as he pulled everyone else onto the now dead yeti's cave. I stare at the incoming wyvern and grinned.

"Let's see how much can I go now. Redwood."

The snow-covered ground shuddered and crack as a massive redwood tree sprouted, slamming the diving wyvern headfirst. Not finished with that much, I waved skyward and said another word.

"Treant."

Several symmetrical lines cracked on the redwood tree, before splitting into four long, gnarly arms. It wrested the concussed wyvern and tossed it to the ground, where it uprooted into four massive root-leg and stomped the wyvern on its torso. A massive crack echoed, then the wyvern went still.

I grinned wider. It wasn't even five percent of my mana. At this point the monsters froze, unsure whether to run or not. I knelt and waved the snow off, revealing the black rock that made the ground. Pressing my palm on it, I muttered.

"Greater roots."

Barbed vines with varying thickness burst out of the ground, centering around me as the area rapidly grew. Anything unfortunate enough to be engulfed was immediately pinned down, even the massive mammoth wasn't able to break free. Less durable creatures simply... broke.

I smiled and skipped to the cave. They should have finished whatever stray creatures coming in, right? There's an all-you-can-harvest out there, they should't miss it. I was sensible enough to limit the roots area to not cause mass shift in the ecosystem, so most should be running for their life as far away from the peak as possible. Probably traumatized for life to humans. That'd work.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    Reachii was grinning in delight while the whole mountain shook under the thunderous roars and stomps of what seemed like thousands of vicious, crazed monsters out for their blood.This...this moron! Psyx wanted to scream at her if not for the waves of pain that suddenly assaulted her head and left her reeling. She felt a hand tugging her away from the chaos, and she bit her lips hard enough to draw blood in an effort to distract herself from the dizzy spells.

The swordsman was leading the way towards a cave, with the tamer girl and the crafts boy following them, leaving Reachii to deal with the tsunami wave of monsters. Psyx wasn't even aware of the moment she drew her wand and started casting forbidden spells at every hostile creature that neared her; it was as if she was moving her body without thinking. By the time she became aware of her surroundings, the fight was done and Reachii was smiling while skipping towards them.

Psyx felt like something snapped inside her.

"Are you out of your mind?" she glared coldly at the mage girl.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PYOO:

Reachii did something. I dropped to my knees as my heart felt tight. Ethe shifted a bit, but Moru seemed to be agitated. He's glaring at Reachii, ready to attack. I calmed myself down and crouched to stroke Moru and calm him down. SpearOfLies brought everyone in the cave behind us, but Moru is still resisting. I tried to force him to follow along, but my short breaths just made it harder. In the end, I made Ethe pick him up. Hope that does nothing to his wounds.

In the cave, I sat down next to Moru and left Ethe to be by the opening. Stroking Moru's fur and taking deep breaths, I see a massacre happening outside. I was too distracted by my uneasiness to notice right away that Psyx, the alchemist, was one of the cause of the massacre.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    LEX/ASURA:
    After a flying trip, thanks to that little mage we arrive at the ice mountain.
    Well that was a quick and fun trip.Magic sure makes one's life easier. . .
    Then to my shock, the mage released some sort of spell and I feel my blood rage inside of me before calming down.
    What a strong spell, pretty dangerous for a second there.Well with such intensity the whole mountain upon us pretty soon.
    And as soon I start to think that a raging yeti rushes over only to be exterminated by the mage in a matter of seconds.
    I look at the tamer and the necromancer and they seem pretty affected. The swordsman grabs them by their hands and drags them into a cavern.I follow them with lights steps while the mage girl takes care of the horde. . .
    She should be fine, from what I see she is not even short of breath so she has plenty mana left.
    +++++++++++++++++++++

REACHII:

I winced at Psyx's outburst. Was it really that bad? I admit I got a bit overeager, but the reaction was too strong.

"S-sorry..." I stammered to answer. "But didn't it ended well?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    Psyx sneered at Reachii. "If you can't even be bothered to tell people in advance about what you're going to do, then you shouldn't have joined a party in the first place. After all, you're capable of doing everything by yourself, aren't you? Saves the rest of us the time getting in your way or, I don't know, getting killed."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    LEX/ASURA:
    While I see Psyx taking her anger on Reachii I ask:
    "What are going to do now? Chase the escaping beasts before they get top far or rest her for the moment?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    "I-I..." My eyes were getting teary. "I wasn't able to do a fraction of that last week. I got overexcited and-and-"

"...I'm sorry." I meekly said.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    "Other people are really..." Psyx muttered in disgust.

"Go find another person to teach you necromancy and get those barrels of cyclops blood to the Guild's Crafting Section or somewhere. They'll rot after a year." She took a potion vial from her holster belt and threw it towards Reachii. "That's poison."

Without a backward glance, Psyx left the party.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    SPEAR:
    "Can I follow you?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++

PSYX:
    Psyx turned around and glared at the swordsman. "No."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    SPEAR:
    "Sorry but I cannot leave you alone. The other two can help each other here to survive and there are also Reacchi. I cannot leave someone alone here don't knowing if she can survive."
    +++++++++++++++++++++

LEX/ASURA:
    With the necromancer leaving the party I decide to pay her a visit in town after the quest is done.
    Well I still need the reward for this quest to be able to craft anything.
    Thinking that I look around the cavern only to spot something in the furthest part of it.
    I approach and lift a dark coloured crystal cracked all over.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    My gaze was locked on the vial on the snowy ground, slowly getting blurry as tears filled my eyes. When the first teardrop fell upon the vial, I burst out of the cave leaving a strong gust of wind in my wake. I flew high to the point where it was difficult to breath, hidden among the clouds.

Then I wailed.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PYOO:
    I calmed somewhat as i see psyx leaving and spear following her. Reachii wailed and lex went to the end of the cavern. Whats.. whats with this party....
    I sat there with Moru looking like he calmed down after seeing the mage cried.
    Right, the quest first. I took a deep breathe and tried to hold back a sniffle. I followed Lex to the end of the cave.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    Psyx gave the swordsman an icy smile. "I've got better chances surviving alone than being with somebody else. Fuck off."

And with a flick of her wand a thick, black aura surrounded her, filling the air with the screams of ghouls and souls of those who died without ever finding peace. Any monster within a mile who weren't already scared off by Reachii would have bolted for the woods with that aura.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    SPEAR:
    After saw the black aura surrounded her, I understood she can manage most of monster here, but I cannot leave alone someone didn't feel well some moments ago. I decided to remain silent and follow her from behind, prepared against any eventuality.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    Psyx started walking while taking out a copy of the outdated map the Guild gave them, aware of the presence that didn't even try to hide itself while following her a distance away. It was annoying, but she decided to ignore it.

The wyvern nest will take a day of walking from here, so I better get a mount to ride. But first, I'll need to get 20 slime nuclei, an ice crystal, 3 yeti skins, and 3 ice golem cores. There's a cave at the foot of the mountain, so there should be some ice crystals and slimes there. What I need to find are the yeti and the ice golems. If they left this mountain, then they should head north where the Sealed Ice Elemental is.

Corpses of squashed monsters that must have been trampled by bigger beasts during the stampede littered the ground everywhere. Using body parts that were still salvageable, she was able to create about two dozen chimera-like hybrid zombies while she rode a half-arctic wolf half-griffin undead monster at the head of the pack. They started running towards the cave drawn on the map.
    ----------
    The cave isn't here.

Psyx circled around the area where the entrance to the cave was supposed to be, but all she could see was snow piled thickly on the ground. Hmm...I wonder if monsters keep ice crystals?

She instructed the hybrid zombie monster she was riding to use its nose and look for monster lairs. The monster immediately took off towards the south, with the others following after them, and they soon arrived at a hidden cave that Psyx guessed was the entrance towards an ice goblin underground camp. They entered cautiously, although none of the zombie monsters showed signs of feeling any presence of nearby living creatures. There were a few forks in the way but the hybrid zombie didn't even pause as they went deeper into the cave, and by the reeking smell growing more intense Psyx knew that they were getting nearer.

The camp was bigger than Psyx previously thought, probably housing more than a thousand goblins. Dirty, dank and damp hovels were jam-packed inside the room of the cave, and the stench was so disgusting another person might have died on the spot without even stepping a foot inside. Psyx navigated the narrow pathways in-between the shacks while searching for the biggest one, which she found placed near the back of the room. However, she also discovered a large, round, empty space at the center of the room lined with iron barbs and steel fences. Well, empty save for large mounds of rotting...stuff. She approached the ring and raised her makeshift glowing-stone-tied-to-a-stick to peer closer. Maggots, blood and dirt covered the mangled corpses, but there were a few body parts that she could identify belonging to beast monsters like snow leopards and dire wolverines. Huh...I thought only humans did these sort of activities. Well, I might as well use this.

She flicked her wand a few times and chanted a long spell, which summoned oozing black liquid from the mounds of corpses. The black liquid boiled and bubbled, merging together to form an orb the color of darkness itself before flying towards Psyx's outstretched hand. It fit quite nicely in her palm. She placed it in her knapsack before continuing her way towards the Ice Goblin Chief's house. There she found numerous trunks filled with jewels, armor and weapons heaped in a pile, but there were no ice crystals to be found. Psyx didn't give up and rummaged the whole place, and after a while she found about twenty ice crystals thrown in a corner and accumulating dust. She divided her zombie minions and cut up and merged half of them into other hybrid combinations strong enough to lift the trunks. By the time she was done looting she had five huge hybrids in-charge of carrying the treasure and 12 free monsters left. She was about to leave when she noticed one of her zombie minions sniffing at what looked like some sort of jail. Inside were a number of assorted corpses, but much fresher than the ones in the ring. They must have died just a few days ago. Psyx had the monster destroy the jail and went inside to inspect the bodies. These monsters died from...starvation. And...food poisoning? Well, if I were stuck in this place then even I would die from infection sooner or later.

She looked around the corpses and found among the bodies dead goblins...humans...and...yetis! Using her knife, she spent a couple of hours skinning the biggest, best-looking carcasses (from what she could see behind the filth, anyway) and stuffed them inside leather bags she ransacked from the Ice Goblin Chief's house. Okay, now I have the ice crystals and the yeti skins. Now there are only the ice golems, slimes and the wyvern nest quests to go.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    REACHII:
    I didn't know how long I cried, but I started to feel light-headed. Still tearful, I slowly floated down onto the peak of the mountain and sat on one particularly steep ledge overlooking the plains to the west.

Near the foot of the mountain, I can see a small crowd. I recognized Psyx's mana signature from the whole group, so that should be her zombies. I weakly extended one arm to her direction, but finally let it drop back down to the ground. I felt my tears drip again as I sobbed, hugging my knees while watching the dot slowly move away.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... uuuu..."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    SPEAR:
    "She really can take care of herself..." I said while the necromancer rode away. I took out the outdate map. I had far better map but it have different purpose, fully covered by my own notes. It's much easier guess her intention from outdate one. "Let's... She seems like go to this cave to hunt goblins... From what I remember from last time I come here with Reacchi to draw I map, I know it's more to south than this." I feel questionable the guild didn't take seriously the map I gave to them, but this help me to gain ground. I started to run in that direction, took most of shortcut I can take. I managed to hunt a boar. Lucky, I hoped this may help me get some trust from her. I prepared the boar to easier to trasport.

I arrived to cave and found fresh seem like footsteps of Psyx's zombie beast. I'm waiting a bit until I saw the figure of Psyx's zombie.
    "Good job! I guess you haven't lunch(or maybe dinner?) yet. Luckily I got a boar. Do you mind eat together?" I try to smile best I can to let her feel my sincerity. I have already given up the quests. I feel bad to not help her make up with Reacchi.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    Psyx didn't need to worry about running out of mana because of the Darkness Orb, so she went ahead and added the corpses in the Goblin Jail into her zombie army. She wasn't going to make the dead humans fight though, because she needed them intact when she presented them back to the Guild. They left the underground cave and went back to the surface.

The swordsman was there, waiting.

"Good job! I guess you haven't lunch(or maybe dinner?) yet. Luckily I got a boar. Do you mind eat together?"

She paused for a bit, before nodding her head. "Fine."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    SPEAR:
    SpearOfLies cooked the boar slowly and silently, he knows the value of time and silent. Let other get familiar with his presence before talk. Rush or force shy or traumatic peoples to talk was never good idea when they feel unwell. Finished cook, he shared the boar soup to Psyx.

"Are you still mad?" He asked while he's eating his share.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PSYX:
    Psyx ate some hard bread from her knapsack while the swordsman was cooking, and took the soup offered to her but only placed it on her lap without touching it any further. They sat in silence until Spear decided to start talking.

"Are you still mad?"

"You make it sound like I'm some child throwing a tantrum," she answered. "I just realized that I'm not suited for parties, and that it was better for me to leave before things got worse."

She finished the bread and drunk water from a small jug. "The Warming Potion will wear off in another two hours. I suggest you stop following me and get back to the Guild, because I'm not going to care whatever happens to you from here on."

Placing the soup on the log she was sitting on, she went back to her hybrid wolf-griffin zombie and they headed off, leaving the swordsman behind.

The ice golems Psyx were looking for were found stuck in a semi-frozen lake that was actually composed of ice slimes melded together. No matter how much they struggled, the slimes took the blows easily without getting injured; in fact, the more the golems moved the more they were sinking. Psyx waited for a while until the slimes caught all of the ten golems before she moved. Taking out a vial of the Warming Potion and another smaller one with fire lizard blood, she mixed ten drops of blood with the Potion and poured the scarlet mixture into the lake. For a whole five minutes she watched as the slimes burned and the golems melted, and when the show was done collected the slime nuclei and golem cores.

I should return to the Guild before going to the Wyvern Nest.

She drunk another bottle of Warming Potion before going back, riding with the moon bright in the night sky.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    SPEAR:
    I stared to Psyx leaving. "Child eh?" Childish reaction and childish leave before other have chance to talk. *sigh* I guess she can easily make up with Reacchi. My worry was unnecessary. "Not suited for the party..." I stared to the sky for some seconds while finish my meal. I took out a little bottle of wine and drank it. I took out a potion and stared to it "Let's take this as souvenir from this unlucky quest" I put the Warming potion didn't drink on bag and slowly walked to the guild.
    ++++++++++++++++
    PYOO:
    Pyoo followed Lex along, and sees him with a cracked stone. She tried calling to him to grab his attention but her voice wavered, "Lex.."
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    LEX:
    I turn toward her and smile.
    " Found this mysterious mana crystal. Unfortunately, is cracked all over so there is not much worth in it. I will sell it since I need to hoard money for the moment
    Lucky, didn't expect to find one of those things here . . . .Tho why is this here . Well no matter I will look over it when I get back to town.
    I don't wait for her reply and I throw it in inventory.
    "Now what are going to do?"
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    PYOO
    "I think the party is splitting apart right now. What quests are you doing? I still need to find some slimes, yeti skins, and ice crystal. Let's stick together for now, we can clear the mountain in the mean time"
    "Okay, I will tag along and help to the best I can"

I went out with Lex to try to finish the quest despite all that happened. With Moru and Ethe, we went past the crying Reachii. My heart winced a little hearing the cries of the girl. But I can't do anything to her, for her. It was a thing between them, and I can't come in between that. I wiped my wet cheeks with my sleeves and took out my dagger in my shivering hands. Together, we went down the mountains.
    ++++++++++++++++
    REACHII
    Pyoo was struggling to move through the snow, so I picked her up, with Lex and her pets. She was surprised and worried, but didn't asked anything which I'm thankful for.

We systematically went around the mountain. I wasn't in the mood to do anything, so I did my part as fast as possible with a combination of thick vines and massive treants. Pyoo was kind enough to gather the proof of subjugation for our individual quests, even though I'm fine with failing mine.

++++++++++++++++
    PYOO
    We went the other way of what I think Psyx and SpearofLies went. They should be doing some clearing. we can just try to go the other way. We went down with that assumptions and had Reachii attack the monsters on the way. Ethe and Moru would try to help the subjugation on the way. Every now and then we went on the ground for me to skin the Yetis we killed. I tied them together and onto Ethe's back for now.

We're here, let's clear out all the quests. Looking for some slimes, we went down the mountains some more. Reachii found 3 slimes on the way and I quickly had Moru pounced them. I picked up their cores and went to where they might have been from. There was the slime colony and Ethe and Reachii quickly annihilated them. After that I collected the cores through the remnants of a massacre.

Remembering the Wyvern yesterday, during Reachii's little magic, I asked Reachii to help me get off the mountain and we found ourselves a Wyvern nest. Just what I needed to finish this trip.

I went inside to try and explore the nest. I can't come here with Moru or Ethe cause they'd be too noticeable. I tried to tell Reachii and Lex that I wanted to go alone, but Reachii casted some of her magic and followed along. I made an amateur map of it and tried to note down the constantly moving Wyverns while hiding under the rocks. Well, I'm used to hiding presences from animals and visiting their territories, so this much is fine. Mapping is hard tho. If only SpearOfLies was here. He was a map-maker, wasn't he?

At the end of the nest, I saw crystals that I think is the Ice crystal from the quest. I tried to pull at it, but that didn't work. Using my dagger, I tried chopping a part of it, and got some shards and two palm-sized bit. A solitary young Wyvern, hearing the noises, came and approached where I was. Tempted, I sang my Song and tried Taming it. Something... something feels different about my Song.
    ++++++++++++++++
    LEX / ASURA
    "Okay, I will tag along and help to the best I can"

Following Pyoo out I look at the crying Reachii.
    -Well, nothing I can do about this is just a minor fight, I'm sure they will make up soon. Seems like Pyoo is affected by it too.-
    We decided to finish the task and they had their own individual quests so I accompanied them in case they needed a hand of help.
    But as expected with Reachii and Pyoo's pets my turn for action didn't arrive even once. So I kept my eye open for any unusual stuff.
    -With how big this place is, there should be plenty of rare things to collect. Now, I just need to be alone to use that . . .-
    After completing all of their individual quests. Pyoo wanted to explore the wyvern nest. I told them I will wait outside with Moru and Ethe.
    Or they are the ones looking after me? Who knows. I noticed that Moru has plenty of wounds on him so I cast heal on him until most of them closed.
    -I will finish treating him when we get back, for now, I need mana for searching-
    I close my eyes and start to focus the mana flow towards my eyes.
    "Emperor's Eyes", I whisper.
    My view of the world turned monochrome in an instant.
    - Hmmm. . .really nothing? That's weird. . . -
    As I think that, I catch the glimpse of a single spark of light with the corner of my eyes. I turn the skill off and head towards that place.
    After fighting against the snow for a while, I reach a small crevice in the mountain wall, I insert my hand inside and touch a really cold and smooth round object. Taking it out I start to study it.
    - A purple egg? And is really heavy at that. I will give this to Pyoo, she might have an idea of what species might be-
    I dump it in my inventory and turn around only to be greeted by Moru, he followed me all the time. We return back in front of the nest only to hear a lot of ruckus heading in our direction. . .
    ++++++++++++++++
    PYOO
    My Song failed and the Wyvern quickly gave a shriek.Oh no, oh no, oh no. I quickly ran to the exit before any other Wyvern comes close. The Wyvern tried to give chase but it ended up hitting the ceilings, still slightly dazed from the Song.

I ran as hard as I can, only to be picked up by Reachii's magic. We quickly met up with Lex, Moru and Ethe outside and darted away. We tried to quickly leave the area, before the other Wyverns noticed any of their members missing. Reachii slipped and we fell onto snow. Wha... How can you slip mid air? I chortled, and Reachii laughed along. At least the girl smiled now.

++++++++++++++++
    REACHII
    I brought her to visit the wyvern nest last, she tried to tame a smaller one but I think it failed. The young wyvern wailed, calling for its kin even as we scampered away. I left a redwood treant to attract their attention even as we shot as far and as fast as possible from the nest.

We tumbled down onto thick snow, momentarily staring each other in daze before finally Pyoo burst out laughing. It was apparently infectious, since the two of us were rolling and laughing in the snow several seconds later.

I wiped the tears off the corner of my eyes. "So, shall we have lunch? Let's go back."

++++++++++++++++
    PYOO
    Back in town, we went back to the guild with Ethe carrying the yeti skins and the ice crystal and exploration map in my hands. The egg Lex gave me in my pocket. I went up to the guild to file my report. Naturally, my party quest was brought up. Holding back tears, I wrote the report for party, crossing out 2 names of formerparty members.

I noticed some eyes looking at me and at my tears falling down.
    ++++++++++++++++
    QUEST SUMMARY
    Party Quest
    • #ED2 – D rank - snowy mountain clearance team (maximum gold 150)
    Individual Quests
    • @A5G_Reaper
      • #SC3 (failed) - C rank – slay 3 ice golem (max gold: 150) - cold and stoney
      • #GC2 (succeeded) – C rank – explore a wvyern nest (max gold: 150) quest rewards: 1x wvyern scale
      • #GD3 (succeeded) – D rank – collect 3 yeti skin (max gold: 120) quest rewards: 1x yeti fur
    • @iampsyx
      • #SE1 (succeeded, posted separately previously) - E rank – Slay 20 slime (max gold is 50)
      • #GE4 (succeeded, posted separately previously) – E rank – bring me ice crystal (max gold is 80) quest rewards: 1x ice crystal shards
      • #GD3 (succeeded, posted separately previously) – D rank – collect 3 yeti skin (max gold: 120) quest rewards: 1x yeti fur
      • #SC3 (succeeded, posted separately previously) - C rank – slay 3 ice golem (max gold: 150) - cold and stoney
      • #GC2 (ongoing) – C rank – explore a wvyern nest (max gold: 150) quest rewards: 1x wvyern scale
    • @pukupyoo
      • #GC2 (succeeded) – C rank – explore a wvyern nest (max gold: 150) quest rewards: 1x wvyern scale
      • #GD3 (succeeded) – D rank – collect 3 yeti skin (max gold: 120) quest rewards: 1x yeti fur
      • #SE1 (succeeded) - E rank – Slay 20 slime (max gold is 50)
      • #GE4 (succeeded) – E rank – bring me ice crystal (max gold is 80) quest rewards: 1x ice crystal shards
    Psyx's Solo Quests: http://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/494957/

@shad12ow ((it's a long story... soo.... ehm, enjoy~~!))

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  18. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    @shad12ow here are the quests, i'll do the limited quest later:

#GC4 - C Rank - Slay: The Tyrant Ent
    Max Gold: 140
    Quest Rewards: 1 Ent Twig

#SB1 - B Rank - Slay: 1 Wyvern
    Max Gold: 250
    Quest Info: Be careful, it can fly around and is known to be persistent.

#SB2 - B Rank - Slay: 1 Cloud Giant
    Max Gold: 300
    Quest Info: Clouds and giants? Make sure you plant some beans first.

#SB3 - B Rank - Slay: 1 Fire Bird
    Max Gold: 300
    Quest Info: It is protected by several thunderbirds.

#GC2 – C Rank – Explore: Wvyern Nest
    Max Gold: 150
    Quest rewards: 1 Wvyern Scale

After receiving some more quests, I started flying towards West Forest hoping to find an evil Ent. As I neared the forest, I see some heavy rustling in the midst of the trees. I urged Blackie to descend for a closer look. As we approach the trees, I see a giant Ent massacring a group of Treants.

"Save those Treants!" I told Blackie, "Make sure not to accidentally burn them."

Blackie nodded his head in confirmation and flew towards the Tyrant Ent. As soon as the target is in range, Blackie breathed out a medium-sized black fireball. The fireball hit the Tyrant Ent, causing it to drop the Treants it was crushing with its vines.

Once the Tyrant Ent lost its hostages, I bombarded the giant tree monster with two fireballs mixed with the Flames of Wrath. The fireballs hit the roaring enemy and started burning quickly. The Ent tried to put out the flames but the flames would spread to its arms and other parts of its body. Minutes...that's how fast the burning went...pass and the Ent burned to ash. The nearby Treants thanked me for helping.

Before they left, I asked them some questions, "Why are the Treants attacking the Oakenlake Kingdom?"

"Oakenlake...?" One of the Treants pondered, "Oh you mean those Treants in the Vale. I heard they are being influenced by the dark forces...possibly even tricked to believing that the Oakenlake Kingdom is disrupting the Flow of Nature."

"What is the Flow of Nature?"

"It's the natural order of all living things created by Nature. The Treants in the Vale have been sensing disturbances in the Flow of Nature, and they seemed to have been tricked into thinking that the Elves over there had something to do with it."

"How can I sense the Flow of Nature?"

"That...is an innate skill of the Trees."

"Then, how does the Elves sense it?"

"The first Elves received the blessings from Nature Herself...and this ability has been passed down to pure Elves through birth ever since."

"Is it possible for me to get this blessing?"

"You can't get the original skill, but our Elder can pass a lesser version to you as a gift for saving us." The Treant replied as he led me to his Elder.

The Elder Treant thanked me immensely before agreeing to pass down the blessing/skill - Flow of Trees: senses the disturbances of Trees; this skill is a minor form of Flow of Nature in that it can only sense disturbances in the Trees but not other living beings created by Nature. I thanked the Elder for the skill and left. I decided its time to head northeast towards the North Mountains.

Minutes later....

With North Mountains in sight, I began to scan the surroundings for a Wyvern nest. Suddenly, at the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of flurry movements and fire. I turned around to look and...LUCKY! I see a Firebird fighting with a Wyvern. I urged Blackie towards the direction of the battle.

When Blackie saw the Firebird, he seethed in anger, "That's my sister...."

"Kill or no?"

"Kill."

We flew towards the two fighting monsters. It was already too late when they realized our presences. I jumped off Blackie towards the wounded Wyvern as Blackie rammed into the Firebird. With my skinning knife drawn, I stabbed into the Wyvern's back. The Wyvern bucked in pain as it tried to throw me off. Using the knife embedded in its back, I stirred the Wyvern into its nest. As the Wyvern tried to stand, I plunged the knife once more into its back...this time it seems that the knife has pierced its heart as the Wyvern screamed and then keeled over dead. Pulling out the knife, I looked to see how Blackie is doing.

Blackie shrugged off the fire attacks from the Firebird as he bit into the Firebird's neck. Then, Blackie flew upwards in a straight line as fast as he could go. Reaching a high altitude in a matter of seconds, the force of the ascend added to the grip of the neck by Blackie caused the Firebird's neck to break. With its neck broken, the Firebird died. Once Blackie flew down towards the Wyvern's nest, I stored the dead Firebird and Wyvern. Then, I searched the nest...only to find some poor quality weapons, gold, and useless trinkets.

Afterwards, we flew a little bit north towards the giant beanstalk that connects to the Cloud Giants' land in the clouds.

A few minutes later....

Arriving at the beanstalk, I urged Blackie to follow the stalk as we ascended upwards. Upon arriving at the end, I spot a Cloud Giant farming in the distance. I sent a silent mental transmission to Blackie telling him that we will do a simple hit and run tactic. We will fly speedily towards the farmer and when we are in range, I'll blast him and his crops with a fire ball. As soon as the fireball hits, we leave immediately.

Blackie nodded his head in silent agreement. He quickly flew towards the farmer...100 meters left...90 meters...80...50...20...10 meters left. As soon as we approached the farmer, the Cloud Giant looked up to see what the noise was. I raised my hand and threw a bottle of alcohol on his head and then cast a fireball at him. The fire mixed with the alcohol spread quickly on the screaming Cloud Giant. The giant tried rolling on the ground to put out the fire, but it only served to spread the ever-burning fire to the crops. After a while, the giant burned to ash and the crops were destroyed. Satisfied, with this attack, we flew back and descended to the ground of the North Mountains. Then, we traveled back to Adventurer City to turn in the quests.

19. checkman123

checkman123 [Nez] [The Bystander][RAWR FEAR ME]

Reading List:
    Link
    @shad12ow
    #GD1 – D Rank – Mine: 5 Mithril Ore
    Max Gold: 60
    Quest Reward: 1 Mithril Ore
    #SE7 - E Rank - Slay: 10 Wandering Rabbits
    Max Gold: 80
    Quest Info: Is it a rabbit? Seems like it.
    ======================================================================================================
    Today, I planned to make a quick cash in order to buy a wywern since I am low on money. I looked at the board, and look through the quest for a quick cash.
    'hmmm killing 10 wandering rabbits is an easy quest' I picked "Slay: 10 Wandering Rabbits" but then I decided to get "Mine: 5 Mithril Ore" quest too since Mithril ore may come handy later on when I needed to upgrade my equipment.
    Along the path to Mithril mine, there are several wandering rabbits along the way which is a win-win situation.

Since the distance between the guild and Mithril mine is a bit far, I bought a normal horse for faster traveling speed.
    Rabbits, although they are agile, they are an easy target for me. Along the way I easily bind them with my magic and kill it with my crossbow while Kuro picked up their corpses for me.

I reach the Mithril mine, the way in is pretty long and dark, I conjured up my light ball and began to walk down to mine the ore.
    I didnt go to far because I heard that deep inside there is a lot of strong monsters and I am just too lazy to fight them at the moment. Although there is a lower chance of getting the ore here, it is a lot safer. It took me several hours to get 3 mithril ores.
    "Whew, this is a lot of work" I said as I sit down on the floor for a break.
    Well there is nothing here to mine anymore, so I decide to walk a little deeper into the mine for the ores.

It seems the luck isn't on my side today, there I meet a huge golem eating some ores to strengthen itself. It spots me and begins to move.
    "Shit! why can't I just mine peacefully!" I cried, as the golem is charging towards me.
    *BOOM* I dodged the golem and it slammed its body right at the rocks behind me.

"HA" I grip my quarterstaff tightly and smash right into the golem head.
    'kuk' the golem outer shall is very hard and I was able to only make a cracks on its head.
    I start using a barrage of magic to attack the golem as I summon a golem to distract it from me.
    My golem is weaker than the golem so it is having a hard time trying to hold it down.
    Then I begin to see that the cracks that I made on its head becomes larger, so I start to keep attacking its head.
    The cracks are getting larger and larger as I attack it, then suddenly its outer shell on the head breaks and I was able to see its core.
    I charged my power as much as I can in a limit of time and let it all out at once.
    *BOOM* The core breaks and the golem stops moving. Its body crumble down and reveals 2 mithril ore! It was the ores that the golem was eating!
    Happy that I don't need to waste more time mining for the ores. I went back and turned in my quest at the guild and head back into my hut to cook some dinner and rest.

"receptionist-san, if you ever gets hungry, come visit my place and try some of my meals!" I said before going back to my hut.

20. A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal

A_Tiny_And_Fluffy_Mammal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eun-Ha submitting the report of the quest:

#GE1 – E Rank - Gather: 10 Chickens
    Max Gold: 20
    Quest Reward: 5 Eggs

Wanting to be appraised by boss (@shad12ow)

Chicken gathering
    After reporting to boss that I will take the chicken, herbs plus flowers and the Elven Kingdom protection quest I left the guild and headed to the tavern to look for my stuffs, I should have done it before looking for quests, but I was a little to annoyed because of a certain tuxedo bastard to think calmly.
    Boss was sharp enough to notice my slight change, damn I need to return to being a man again and kill that tuxedo guy by crushing his balls.
    Huuuh, I need to calm down. Nothing good will happen if I rush things
    For now, since it's still early let's do the chicken's gathering job and get accustomed to my new body. I don't want to die in the Elven Kingdom protection quest because I couldn't move my body very well.
    After deciding my first course of action I headed to the tavern to look for my stuffs like my clothes and bag, but instead or that I found a lot of drunk adventurers unconscious, they seemed to have drunk a lot... Master said that my stuffs was already collected by Biel, I'll need to ask him for my underwear fast, I just don't feel calm using Reachii's.
    With that stupid worry I went to the stable to rent Victoria promising that I would pay for the rent when I finish my quests (I am dirty poor now okay?).
    The stable manager was a little hesitant to accept such a late payment, but after I asked him with my best "Please Smile", he reluctantly let me rent her without paying upfront. Thanks stables manager.

After renting VIctoria, I rode on her to quickly reach the farm.
    On the to the farm, I made many acrobatics movements on top of Victoria, like hand-standing or doing back-flips.
    My body doesn't move as well as I wish it, but since my body didn't had that much musculature and I was pretty flexible when I was a man, I could still move without much problem even though it wasn't as smooth as before.
    Oh, well, I feel like I can get used to this new body after catching the chickens.

When I finally reached the farm which was as beautiful as before, the first thing I did was to look for the farm owner. It seems that he was preparing the soil to plant something.
    I greeted the farm owner and he was kinda impressed that I had such a beautiful horse, hehehe, that's right, I am going to buy her as soon as I have the money so he is not wrong when he is saying that Victoria is my horse.
    Well, after a light chat I told him that I was going to go to catch the chickens again and after getting his approval I started with my job.

This time, since I had Victoria I didn't need to climb trees. I just stood atop of her back and jumped as high as I could locating all the chickens.
    I instructed Victoria to come at me when I whistle and went to catch the chickens by myself, the job this time is to get accustomed to this female body so I can't rely on the horse.
    This time chicken's gathering was smoother than last time, because my magic mastery was better than a few days ago, doing everything, even the most simple thing with magic is a great training after all.

My first two chickens were just a few meters from me, so I ran at full speed at them, while running, I carefully felt how my muscles moved, even though there wasn't much difference compared to my male body, a difference is still there and it worries me that there is a good chance of being unable to avoid an attack that I could evade before.
    When I was near the chickens, I froze the ground so they couldn't run as fast as they wished and started to slide on the ice, while sliding I spun, moved on zig-zag and did sharp turns, all of that to try to get used to a female body. Because of that, it took me five minutes to finally catch that pair which I enclosed on ice cages, I made sure to put warm soil on the floor of the cage to avoid them feeling cold.
    I found my third chicken when I was chasing the first two, so I left the caged chickens on the ground and chased my third target, while running, I dropped many ice blocks to avoid the bird running in a straight direction. It's a little difficult to use magic while running at full speed since can't maintain my running speed naturally so I need to spare some of my concentration in running, but it wasn't all that difficult either so I still managed to easily catch that chicken in three minutes.
    With three ice cages with chickens inside, I went to the hen house and released the chickens inside of it.
    I called Victoria to me with a whistle and again, I jumped on top of her back to locate the chickens.
    Lucky, there are four gathered together, they are a little bit far from me, but if I run at full speed for seven minutes I should reach them.
    After deciding my next targets, I ran with my own feet at the direction of those four chickens, but it took me seven and a half minutes to reach the location... damn, I really need to get accustomed to this body.
    To catch those four, I froze the ground again so they could run fast and this time, instead of sliding on the ice, I approached them by jumping making sure to not slip. When I was about to catch the first one from this group, the other three started to peck at me. Seriously, why does this chickens hate me so much!? I didn't even ate chicken today, wait, I haven't even took breakfast yet, decided, I am going to eat chicken salad for today's breakfast and fried chicken for lunch.
    After having those childish thoughts, I made a back-flip to gain distance from those chickens, catching one in the air. Hmm, it seems that I am getting the hang of using this body, as expected, I will be able to normally move my body after this training.
    I caged the one in my hands in an ice cage and this time I jumped and spun around to avoid the chicken attacks, I am not having problems at avoiding slipping when jumping now. I caught two in the air using both of my arms and after I caged them, I slid quickly to the remaining one, dropping more ice blocks to stop its way quickly catching it. Yay, I can finally feel like my body is moving naturally.
    As a test, I tried to do the movements I usually watch at the gymnasts event on the Olympics, managing to do it smoothly and without any feeling of discomfort this time. Yay! I also realized that my hips bones are more flexible, meaning that I can give more power to my usual movements, another Yay!
    Having four ice cages with chickens inside, I whistled and Victoria quickly came to me. I rode on her until the hen-house and stored the four chickens inside after melting their cages.
    Three more to go. I did the usual of jumping from atop of Victoria's back to locate the remaining ones, finding two near me and one a little further away from the other two.
    This time, I grabbed some cloth bags and went to look for the chickens riding Victoria, when I was got close of the pair of chickens, I threw the cloth bags to catch them, moving my arms really smoothly so I could catch the pair.
    I quickly lifted the bag and and made Victoria ran to our last target, for this last one I dropped an ice cage from atop catching her.
    Having captured the last three chickens I went to the hen-house to store them inside and returned to the farm owner to report my results.

Huhuhu, he was surprised that I caught them much faster than last time, but it seems that there are adventurers that can catch them in just a few moments making me feel jealous again.

At the end, I received the letter from the farm owner that said that I successfully completed the job and returned to town to report the finish of my mission.
    I have finally become accustomed with this new body, just wait you damn tuxedo bastard, I'll make you suffer soon!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    A5G_Reaper and Bielt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.