LCD King of Gods

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Aug 14, 2016.

1. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    http://gravitytales.com/king-of-gods

Novel Updates Page

SYNOPSIS :

His will is tough and he is unwilling to be normal. However, his pathway was destined to be that way, being born in a small sect’s branch.

However, one day, his left eye merges with the eye of an Ancient God in an accident. From that moment on, he turns from a fish into a dragon.

He rises up like a star, walking the path of a legendary cultivator.

From being a tiny, small ant at the bottom world, step by step he rises, into a place full of powerful sects, strong ancient clans and countless geniuses.

This is an era of legends.

Well, synopsis sound generic but I'm trusting translator's words:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2016
    rainingturtle likes this.
  2. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    Need more chaps

3. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading it and it is pretty generic so far but I don't mind that as it seems to have decent pacing so far and while I wouldn't say the mc is exactly likeable at least he isn't unlikable. Though I do dislike the crappy elder trying to kill the mc trope.

4. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    It's ok i guess,too soon to tell.

5. Gunji Murgi

Gunji Murgi Overlord of all Things Feathered

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll read it after 200 or so chapters.
    For some reason those capital words make me uncomfortable

6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just caught up:
    c1:I have to wonder why they even bother to bring the branch people in if they don't have, or aren't willing to spend the resources on them. Its a waste of everyone's time and effort. With policies like those, even if someone with the power to become a god showed up in their branch family, they'd never know it.

In fact, such an event would be extremely unlucky for them if the person actually managed to develop since it absolutely would not be because of them and this new cultivation god would hate them to his or her core. Better to just completely ignore them rather than training them to hate you before casting them aside.

c2: I'd have thought that he'd have headaches for days while his brain tried to figure out how to reconcile two images at vastly different resolutions. I'd also expect him to take a while to adjust to his peripheral vision on the right being vastly inferior to that of his left.

Eww, I hope he didn't keep eating with those chopsticks.

c3: If there was space to practice at home, why did he even bother to go to the group training ground to be bullied? Its not like there were instructors there or anything.

c4: How does everyone already know that he broke through? They shouldn't have anything like divine sense at their low levels.

I know he doesn't appreciate her advice, but he should at least realize that it means she still cares about him.

c5: Why did he think it was middle rank when it clearly said it was high rank?

Also, how does he plan to use those martial arts that he doesn't have a right to use? Won't others recognize them and accuse him of stealing them? Don't sects kill you for that?

c6: woohoo! Not a sword user.

c9: So, why isn't anyone asking how he knows at least two middle ranked skills when he clearly doesn't have the right to know more than one?

Too bad he didn't bet with either of his opponents. He probably could have gotten some resources that way ;)

c21:"when one trained a low rank martial art to the high level, and another trained a high rank skill to the low level, the high rank martial art would not be as powerful as the low rank martial art." This is not what was said before, though I can't remember the exact chapter.

c22: Again, how is he getting away with using skills he has no right to know?

c24: Why couldn't he use a bow? Did he forget to bring it? If so, he's an idiot.

Astaroth likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess this is why the special prize for first place was kept secret. They wanted to be able to switch it out if anyone else managed to take first.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully the MC followed them or Linlong is still at the words phase and isn't yet willing to rape her.

So, is the genius summit invitation only, or can anyone join if they're willing to go through a preliminary round of some sort?

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how he'll kick their butts without revealing his strength to his enemies? Assuming that he doesn't just get various crazy power ups during or after the competition that render the point moot of course.

10. Silverblood

Silverblood Forbidden Library

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh looks good ill que it up :) plus its say thiers harem

MTL for this one is extremely hard to understand hahacause of the family names hehe

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  11. Ryuubii

Ryuubii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An eye as the MC perk.... if there is an eye patch, this will be very chuuni...

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They've made a pretty big deal out of the fact that he's hiding his cultivation using two different methods that shouldn't be able to be seen through unless there's a vast difference between the cultivation levels of the user and the viewer. Since that guy is probably at the same level as the MC, how the heck is he able to see through the techniques?

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like we'll be spending some time on him beating everyone at their own specialty while continuously holding back to prove how much of an all-around badass he is.

I wonder why he revealed his trump card here. It was completely unnecessary and it will make his future fights harder.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't shake the feeling that the author actually thinks that these developments are in anyway surprising. Honestly, if any part of it was surprising, it would only be that the MC hasn't won already and no one has pulled a "this isn't even my final form" type move in any significant way.

Though I suppose you could also say that its surprising that the MC was able to use a finger attack (which relies heavily on being extremely focused into a very small area) to stop a wide area skill. It'd be kinda like using a rapier to stop an exploding bag of flour without getting your clothes dirty.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its far too soon for him to be beating up Martial Masters, especially ones at the 7th rank and higher. I find it hard to believe that he'd join them though, unless it was to the extent that Linley joined the Radiant Church.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why wouldn't he tell the family, or at least Zhao Yufei about the attack? The way those two were killed was extremely distinctive and easily traced back to him. He needed to come forward with his version of the story as soon as possible to head off the possibility of someone claiming that he ambushed them.

Also, why weren't their bodies found immediately? They were practically on the clan's front doorstep. I hope this isn't going to be another situation where everyone's brains turn off and they fail to notice incredibly obvious things simply because it would be inconvenient for the MC if they didn't.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, let me get this straight: He practices one of the best techniques in the entire clan and won the Genius Summit by fighting to a standstill someone who could beat down people at the sixth level with almost no effort and you would still need to be a "retard" to believe that he killed a couple of people at the sixth rank because they're older (and thus much less talented) and have higher tier martial arts (like the clan even has higher tier arts that losers like them would be allowed to touch)?

I hope he doesn't burn too many bridges on the way out, those people are definitely the types to take it out on his parents.

Yeah, when the brutal overlord comes and asks for your greatest genius and you trot out your son, who's not the greatest genius, you'd have to be pretty stupid to not realize that he'd be pissed. The best you can reasonably hope for at that point is that he'd stop after killing everyone in the room.

DarkToastie and swordman009 like this.
  18. Alhana

Alhana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel this n ovel is so generic T_T gave up after 30chapters

19. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Xin Wuheng ever reappear?

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How did a messenger make it back before the MC? He left almost immediately after kicking their asses and moved like ten times faster than the messenger could have. Even if he was a coward and ran away almost immediately, he still wouldn't have been able to make it back first.

Also, why wasn't the MC killing anyone? He's not planning to stick around in the village, so just beating them down or exiling them would be pointless. He either needs to kill them all or threaten them with his new status (since I doubt they have the guts to offend his new employer).

Yeah, its definitely generic. Honestly, I'm not sure how I managed to go for so long before dropping it. I really can't take the poor writing anymore though.