LCD Emperor of Solo Play

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/emperor-of-solo-play/

Synopsis:
    The background story is that the MC was one of the most skilled players in the game, and he was also one of the leaders of an up-and-coming guild which was threatening the entrenched top 30 guilds. One of those top guilds paid off the MC's guildmates to join them as a sub-guild, with only the MC refusing to cooperate. He felt betrayed and eventually quit the game.

The story really begins when the MC dies in an accident and travels back in time -- receiving a second chance to start anew. He decides that no matter what, he'll reach the pinnacle without relying on other players.
    But... this is easier said than done. The endgame content in Warlord (the VRMMORPG) is designed around guild raids. How can a solo player overcome this dilemma? The MC decides to take an unconventional path and become a Necromancer!

PlasmaFire likes this.
  2. Helldogify

Helldogify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good shit, looking forward to more.

3. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    The Hahoe mask is awesome

4. Llamia

Llamia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup me likes. The Necromancer class seems like it'll be boss in his hands.

5. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    More like necromancer swordsman lol

Llamia likes this.
  6. masterduck123

masterduck123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so... the mc is the emperor of jerking off? kappa

7. Data

Data Assuming Direct Control

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope he doesn't end up with her or even likes her. It wouldn't make sense after she basically ruined his first life completely. That's how bad her personality is.

8. Bloodpoison

Bloodpoison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor of Soloplay...Is Here, you did Call me....?

9. Akabane

Akabane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah when I seen this title I was like wtf is this about some dude excercising his hands.

10. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seem to me that bitch is still benefiting from the MC, especially when he gives aid on info without checking who is recieving it down the line. When she is his sworn nemesis swearing never to help or join any people or group that crossed him. Lol!

11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    whelp, we get to see whether this new guy will become his apprentice or not.... on the other hand, it seems like the RNG in game finally caught up with MC

12. Esperreal

Esperreal [The Real Esper], [The Specialest Snowflake]

Reading List:
    Link
    why do i feel the storm queen will fall for him? if so, i either think he should use those feelings for an advantage or by a small chance he can forgive her go for her model body
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

13. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He should have checked the map names. If any of them were ones he recognized, he could have made a more informed decision. If nothing else, he might have been able to avoid areas that were already claimed.

I'm surprised that he wasn't planning to get revenge.

I keep wondering how she got him to sign such a long contract. By the time its over, he probably won't even be able to play at a professional level anymore.
    Because she will. Its still up in the air whether or not he'll be willing to reciprocate. Personally, I'd have a hard time forgiving her, regardless of why she did it or of the fact that she can't remember what she did. The author seems to want reconciliation though.

14. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got the impression it was a randomly generated reward. Maybe the maps were closed and you could only view them after picking one? If that wasn't the case, then yes, he definitely should have made a more informed choice.

I'm not sure what this is in reference to, didn't he already pay off his contract? He shouldn't have any ties at this point.

As far as taking revenge, right now is obviously a really bad time to be starting a war with a guild. In fact, I'm under the impression that as much as he hates some of the people from his previous life, he just wants to do everything he can to game by himself without being bothered. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to be the case for much longer. You can just see the crazy starting to ignite in Stormcaller guild head.

I think they are two extremely incompatible personalities and Hykran is going to have to get a lot more powerful is he's going to make her submit(which is feel is the only way their relationship would work.) She seems like someone who needs everyone to bow to her, and he's someone who would rather die than bow. I can only see this playing out as her going from a D to an S through his sheer gaming prowess, as ridiculous as that sounds.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    @craBebe
    I was referring to Ballista. His contract binds him for the next 14 years.

As for revenge, I meant at all. I didn't expect him to try PK'ing them while they're still 40+ levels higher than him, but I did expect him to at least plan on suppressing them a bit once he was strong enough.

I'm hoping your wrong about the romance. I don't think you are, but I'm tired of strong female characters only existing so that they can hand over their free will and the majority of their brains to the male MC.

16. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, that makes more sense. I missed the part that he was basically indentured for such a long period. It would be interesting hearing about how the crazy woman roped him in to her guild. I would imagine he's not alone in his situation in the guild, she seems to be a "submit or die" kind of leader.

I think it'll come at some point, but probably not from his end. Things will probably play out exactly how they did in the past where the top 30 will team up against him, except this time I would imagine his class is a lot more conducive to fighting 1 v Guild. I also think the feeling from his past life are going to be a huge influence on him(probably) inadvertently antagonizing some of the stronger guilds(especially the Stormhunters.)

I think it's not going to be as blatant about it, it's not going to be Caveman Hyrkran beating guild beauty over the head with a club and dragging her off, I think it'll be more nuanced(but essentially something similar.)

I imagine an extremely volatile cocktail of hostility, attraction, respect, hate, and dominance being the chemical makeup of their relationship. And that tug of war will basically continue until one of them makes the other submit(figuratively), in this case Hyrkran is the MC of the story so he'll probably be the one to win out. That said, I honestly think Hyrkran hates her more than any human being on the face of the earth, so the probability of them "ending up" together seems pretty remote.

17. starburst98

starburst98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    while this story is good the price scale still seems crazy. like, if someone goes the recovery candy farming zone do they only get 1 an hour? supply and demand, as the game ages supply should go up while demand stays roughly the same as only the top guilds are playing competitive anymore.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, was he hinting at the possibility that the top 30 guilds used this place to make those things and use them to hunt him? If so, its too bad he won't be able to monopolize the place.

Actually, that would make the price go up for the high end stuff if you assume that high end consumables require high end materials and that guild crafters weren't willing to sell outside of the guild or that they only dropped in locations monopolized by the guilds. Its also possible that the high end materials/crafted goods require high levels in unpopular classes. Though even if that wasn't the case, you should remember that the vast majority of the people playing are either stupidly rich or people catering to the stupidly rich and the people who buy that stuff are the ones that don't want to spend the time grinding for it. So even if it is cheap and common somewhere in the game, it doesn't mean you can buy it cheaply.

I remember one MMO I played a long time ago where I'd buy something from an NPC shop in one town and then take it to another town that belonged to an enemy faction, and sell it to players for about 10x what I had paid, and I usually sold out very quickly. In another, whenever you went mining, you'd constantly have to deal with bots and workers stealing your ore while you fought off the monsters, and due to the pvp rules, there wasn't anything you could do about it. And the reason they did it, was because they could quickly and easily turn around and sell the ore for fairly high prices to players who couldn't be bothered to mine or got fed up with struggling against their thievery. So long as you remember that the people playing this game have far more money than sense, these prices aren't that hard to believe.

Honestly, once they lose interest in it, the price of the hardware and the subscription will probably "miraculously" fall by about 99%. After all, the company that controls all this has no real reason to lower the price while so many people are still willing to pay those ridiculously high prices (Australian video game lovers can attest to that).

19. starburst98

starburst98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's another thing, the game was 10 years old when he died, but people were still pouring millions of dollars into it. i mean, the top guilds have the corporate sponsorship but what about everyone else? after year 5 the starting areas should be ghost towns as everyone rich enough to play has moved ahead or everyone tired of trying to compete drops it. as noted there is too much money involved to play the game casually. so it eventually becomes the top guilds. and PVP would only be at guild war scales as any single players left would just not want to deal with getting hounded. (which is why our protag stopped playing). meaning the game will only last till the game runs out of pallete swaps for enemies.

jacobpaige likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I love that that's his one identifiable trait ;)

I wonder how he'll afford outfitting a small army with level appropriate player gear. It'll be even harder if he wants fight appropriate gear. Also wondering what happens to the gear if a skeleton gets killed while using it.