Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleFox21

LittleFox21 The Soon-to-be famous Nyatsune

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

2. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Orcs [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD3 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Orc Leaders [ 100 G ]

Solo.

@LittleFox21

When I got up this morning, fatigue immediately attacked my body. And somehow, it seems that my stock of gold has increased.
    It's really weird, but I'm not gonna ponder about it any further 'cause it's just a bother to think about.
    Also, for the past couple of weeks, it seems that I'm finally gaining experience from my missions.
    Thinking about it, has God finally blessed me his luck? Did Khaos' influence affected this? I wonder...
    Let's leave it at that for now.

"The fudge is this?"
    I arrived at the Adventurer's HQ, only to see that it was wholly converted into a mass of chocolate.
    Deciding to enter, the whole place seemed to be a little bit sticky. Well, I'm more surprised that it hasn't melted yet in this time of the year.
    Some of the adventurers were complaining about it, and some are enjoying eating it?
    Based on their responses, this wasn't intentional.
    Unless the guild's staffs decided to do a prank of some sorts. But I doubt that's the case.

I approached the fox receptionist which I mistook as a cat last time, and brought with me 3 quests that I would be doing solo.
    I decided to go with pig-based monsters, since it only said subjugation, I can keep their corpses.
    I can earn some gold and get something to eat afterwards. It's like killing two birds with one stone, minus the unnecessary hassle.
    "Oh, are you new? You need to register first before you can accept quests."
    Said by the elegant receptionist as I put down the form.
    What does she mean by that? I've been registered for almost a week now.
    "I'm already registered."
    "But I don't remember someone like you in here..."
    With her fingers rested at her cheeks, she kept pondering for a while.
    "Oh, I might remember who you are if you tell your name."
    Am I really forgettable? No, that shouldn't be. With this ugly face, I doubt that they won't see me in their nightmares.
    But what should I do? I didn't expect this type of development.
    "My name is Ruriha. Ruriha Ashéel Greidel Leisenach Schtrout Farlord von Chardelon el Rembrandt the 8th, for short, Ruriha Greidel Leisenach Schtrout the 8th, otherwise known as the ugly HomosapienSensei."
    I announce my ridiculously long name fluently.
    "You don't look ugly tho... EH?! Ruriha, that guy?!"
    "Yeah... is something wrong with that?"
    "Did you get a plastic surgery?"
    "No. In the first place I don't have the money to spare, and what are you talking about?"
    The elegant receptionist quickly withdrew from her seat, back to the inner part of the HQ.
    Seconds later, she comes back with a mirror.
    "Here."
    My face turned into a certain famous character...
    [​IMG]
    "EH?!?!"
    My shout of disbelief rang across the hall on that day.
    I'm on my favorite spot right now, the Great Plains.
    This was the most memorable place for me, because this is where I had my first mission.
    Although the details of that mission were vague, I still cherish it as it was one of my few achievements that I could ever brag about in my worthless life.

But for God's sake, that's not the issue right now.
    My inner chuunibyou is spiraling within me right now. I could honestly barely able to keep it in.
    My ugly face somewhat turned into Gilgamesh's from F*te/Zero. The antagonist of the main character who had a loli as his daughter, and not only is he badass, he's also handsome to boot.
    I don't have any idea what could've done this, but I'm very grateful, sooo grateful that I might lick their shoes... no, let's not do that.

"There it is, the mine of the Orcs."
    I stopped on my tracks as the den of the bipedal beast narrowed into my view.
    "You filthy beasts! Do you dare to not bow down to your mighty king!? Very well, I shall have you lot taste the power of my Babylon."
    I shouted audaciously. But of course, I made sure it wasn't audible for them, I don't want to anger them after all. I just had to satiate my chuunibyou with that chuunbiyou-esque speech.
    And following what I had said:
    "Open my treasury,「Gate of Babylon」!!!"
    Little did I know that it would actually work...

Right after that, tenfold of spacial holes emerged at my back.
    When I focused my mind on each one, axes, spears, and sabers slowly peaked through the hole.
    And when I thought that it needs to be fired, each quickly shot through at the direction I was looking, which was the mine of the Orcs.

To my surprise, the mine was bombarded with what I decided to refer to as N*ble Ph*ntasms for now.
    With such great impact, the mine collapsed, but it seems that it was vacant so none was killed by that attack.
    However, the Orcs that was tasked to mine, Boar warriors, and some which looked to be Orc Leaders immediately flooded the scene.
    Aggravated, they went towards me relentlessly.

If I was the me from before, I would've run.
    However, I am no longer that man.
    "Fools! After giving you beasts a chance to live, this is what you repay me?!... Come! Only death's embrace awaits you.
    ENUMA ELISH!!!"
    With my use of my N*ble Ph*antasm, Enuma Elish, I killed the hoard that was going to try and kill me.
    It seems I accidentally killed 1 extra Orc Leader, 2 extra Orcs, and 4 extra Boar warriors, totaling to the number of 32 monster casualties. But it can't be helped, they were trying to kill me after all.

As I happily packed the beasts' corpses to my Item Box, the whole tribe of Orcs lined up in front of me...
    After killing few of their leaders and some of their mighty warriors, they started regarding me as their king perhaps...
    What's with this development?!

Leaving mentally exhausted, I came back to the adventurer's guild to turn in my task.

Y̐͑͗̿ȯ̂̽̔̓̇̔ǔ̄̉̓r̄͂ ̉̔̾̎l̀̾̈́̔͆i̿͌̿̈́f̊̈̈ͪͨ͗ͪe̋ͩ̍̽ͩ ͭ̂i̋̑̑sͨ̂ͬ̾̎̉ ̆̔͗̃ä̃͂ͪ͛͑b̑oūͨ͒ͪ͆t͌ͣ̃̓ͬ̏̆ t̓o͆̊̊̈̌̚ ̃̋e̿̆̐̑̂̄nͫ̔̊̓d.̀͋̈͊̽̌͆
    W̎ǎ̇̂̉͋̔̽st̃̀ͣ̈ͩ͆e̽̚ ͆̑̊̈̄̐̇i͂ͬ́tͪ n̈̆ͯo͑t̿̏ͫ̑̈́,ͫ͗ ̈ͥ̆̒̍̿̃f͛̎ͧͮ̓orͣ̀̐͊̄ ̽͑̏͆̓ͥͬi͐tͬ͗ ̔ͫ́sͤͩ̊̂̃h̆̍̽̇̇͒̈́ȁͥͨͮ̑ĺ͊͒̊l̿̏̐̊͊̽ ͨ͗̔ͪn̄̔͛̊o͑̌̍̏t̀͑̿́̓ͤ̔ ͤ̊ͮl̆̈̓ͬ͂â̋ͮ̉s͂tͫͣͨ͆̇̚.͆̐ͩ̉ͭ
    Ṫͤ̿ͫ̄h͋ͭe̓͆̒ eͯ͐̽ͤͯ̈́̂nͬ͌ͧ̋̿d̏ͧ͗̈́ͧ̌ ͪͩi̽ͪ̚sͫͪ͌ͫ ̌͆̄̋ͫnͬ̎̓igh͋ͤ͛̊͊̅,͋
    ͨͭyͥ̿ͩȇtͧ̈ y͐ͩ̊͗̚ou̇̒ͩ̂̂̍ ̄͋̏ͧ̾ẘ̓ͩ͋͋̿ỏ̍ͦ͋̅̐̍nͨ̑ͬ͌ͭͦ'ͣͮ̀͋t́̽ f̿͗͒́eͫ̄̌̌eͧ̃̆ͭͥ̔l̄̿͌ͭ ͥ̑̏i̓t̑ ̑ͬͧ̾̓ͩaͨͩͯͤ̋p̃p̒ͪ̒̓̃͐r̄̎̂ǒͦ̾̈ä́̂c̉̅̋̀ͪͬ̐h͂̄̈͐ͩi̽ͭ̎̒nͯ̌͑ͨg̾̽͋͆̾̚.ͪ̋̿
    ͮ͑̀̃S̈ͫȧ̑̐̓͗̄v̊̽͒̎̐̒o̿͛ͫ̑̂̅͂rͤͤͧͨ̒ ͥ̈́̆ͯ͊ͥÿͤ̋̐ͫouȑ ͮ́̈̐m̽o̊͑̐ͨ̑mͧͤe̋̈́ͦ͐͛ͩ̔ǹ̉ͮ̍ẗ͆sͮͫ̋͌ ͂̆̃'ͬ̚t̓ͩͦͨͫìͩ̑ll̓̃̽͐̎͛͒ ͊͆͊͑ͭ̚iͥ̋tͫ l̔ͪ͛aͭsͤ̎̓̒t̀ͤ̄ͣͤ̇ͭs̔̋ͨ̚,ͦ
    ̓m̆yͬ̅̉͊ ͥ̄ͨdea̎ͪͩr̓̋̔ ̅͊̃̅̔͌ͥRͪͯ͋͗̇ͬuͫ̐̊̈ͯr͂̔̃͒iͯhͪͭaͦ̀.ͯ̇ͨ͂

After that, I heard a weird broadcast...

3. ForumObserver

ForumObserver [Clumsy Member] [Verver] [Table Flipper]

Reading List:
    Link
    Moshi Moshi Typ*M**n
    There's been a case of F*t* copyright infringement here~

AliceShiki, LittleFox21 and Zek like this.
  4. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    I properly had them censored, so I can't be charged! XD

5. LittleFox21

Reading List:
    Link
    =============================================
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Orcs [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD3 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Orc Leaders [ 100 G ]
    =============================================
    hmm? did you commissioned this one before, derika?
    can't remember, deri...
    oh wel, your quests are done and that's what matters, deri.
    good job, Gilgamush-san~
    your reward is 220G deri.

Zek likes this.
  6. LC

LC Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G |5 x Eggs ]
    Delta Town - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Clean Barnacles from hull [ 40 G
    Delta Town - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [ 80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna ]
    @shad12ow
    Collect Rumor about Abandoned Dock
    ???
    ???
    solo
    @shad12ow sorry, too tired boss, please forgive me.
    At the moment I arrived at the Delta Town, dusk has arrived. [Looks like I have to stay at the hotel before meet the client] this port city is very much alive, even at this hour, the people here still busy doing chores.

After renting a room at nearby hotel, I get some rest. As I lie in bed I could not help but hear the voice of an old man who looks like a missionary delivering the sermon, invites the general public to search for a new world:

Fear it’s not real, the only place the fear can exist is in our thought of future. It’s the thought and imaginations causing us to fear thing that do not present, and may not exists. Fear is a choice.

Only those who risk going to far, can possibly find out how far one can go !

I want your dream to be so clear, that when you wake up in the morning. All you do is ‘step on your dream’. And the first step for me is “seeing something that I was not before I was”.

You can do it, where you are is temporary. You won’t be there for rest of your life . I don’t care how your live, I don’t care how it’s looks like, I don’t care who you are. Every single day you wake up. You got to have energy, you got to have passion, and you got to have pride.

Everyday you wake up, you got to start with that vision. It’s the mentality like… you got to live this, you got to eat this, you got every single thing you do. it’s not a choose. It a-way-of-life. It’s got to possess everything you do.

But.. everybody won’t see it, everybody won’t join you, everybody won’t have the vision. It’s necessary to know that. What if all of us took that attitude. At we face the rejection, and know that no one show up. Or somebody says that “you can count on me” and yet they don’t come through.

What if we all have that kind attitude, the cause repossesses. Nobody believes in you, and you lost again and again and again… the light are cut off.

But you still looking at your dream, reviewing everyday. And say to yourself: it’s not over. Until I Win!
    You have to know within yourself. That “I can do this even if no one sees it for me, I must see it for myself”

You can do anything with our faith. It’s impossible to accomplish anything without faith. So I need you to believe. there is still time. as long there is still faith in your heart. As long as you wake up in the morning…

The first step before anybody else in the world believe it. That you have to believe it.
    So I need you to believe.
    Got to go through all the battle to get what you want to get. Who got the right to stop you ?

Maybe we got something we never finish. Something you really want do. I don’t know, maybe something… something… And you don’t know, even after you spend your money for it. And everybody said it was wrong, it was dead end. It was not real. Do they even have proof to that or have power to know the future?

Nobody have right to tell you what you do with your life. And do what you want to do. Let me tell you that spirit to free, sailing to the unknown sea, step to unknown land is in your blood, it’s who you are!
    [What a crap…]

Next morning, I contact guild master, then I change to common clothes, got to keep low profile if I want to get some rumor about ‘Abandoned Dock’ (AD). After lunch I meet the client. It seems I must gather 10 chickens from few local stores, and if needed, I must find the rest from ranch outside town port.

When I go to stores I try to ask is there any rumor around here, and ask about AD in the middle of conversation. Well not much I get, but I hear something interesting, about a sea creature seen near port that looks made from iron. Then I deliver the 10 Chickens to the client.

[Complete : Gather 10 Chickens]

After I finish the task, the sun almost set, so I go to local tavern, to get some drink.
    In the way, I heard a scream for help.

‘it’s futile to scream you know that ?’
    [ooh a scumbag looking for trouble it seems] I better look into it before taking action.
    ‘please don’t take that, it’s for medicine I want to buy for my mother’
    ‘shut up your loan already reached its due, so I came to get the interest’
    then the three scumbag left the boy…
    [hey boy, why you looking so sad] I ask him when he left the alley.
    The boy startled a bit. And attempt to run, but I already hold him, and ask again…
    After few more question, and eating a beef jerky, he starting to tell his story, it seems this lad mother got caught to some diseases.

I decide to look to his mother… well not that I doing a charity works here, but… nah, it’s useless to talk about the reason. It was over long time ago. Charity works…okay… I play along for this one time only.

It seems the mother got smallpox. (an acute contagious viral disease, with fever and pustules usually leaving permanent scars. It was effectively eradicated through vaccination by 1979)

Luckily, I got some “Bag of spice (M) (From @Nurman)” I give him pepper, sandalwood, turmeric. And explain to him, how to do treat his mother with it.

And give him 10 gold to buy ‘Noni’ (evergreen trees or shrubs of the madder family (Genus Morinda ) native to the South Pacific. Various medicinal preparations are made from their leaves, roots, and fruit)

The boy ask me to stay with them, but I refuse politely. After that I excuse myself… before I leave, the boy give me something.

[​IMG]

When I see it I can’t believe my eyes, it was a Portable Guitar. An earth musical instrument. When I ask it, where did he find it, he says that he found that in the beach near Delta town, it’s not rare to find something strange, because there is a warp hole in the ocean near this town.
    I decide back to inn and check this guitar.

Second day in delta town…

I wake up this morning… my body still sore, last night I sleep late, because I’m too happy about new stuff I get. And playing guitar until I lost count how many I playing every song I remember.
    So… day two… I got to harbor to meet the client, a fisherman. They seem friendly enough. So, what I need is clean their hull, and join them to do a deep sea fishing.
    Sure this seems fun, except cleaning hull thing… fortunately the other crew join me too, there’s no way I can do that alone, clean 15 meters fishing boat hull is too much for me.

[Complete: Clean Barnacles from hull]

We weigh anchor at dusk. Beside me and captain, there are 15 more crew. That smells like fish. Well they are fisherman anyway. While this ship sailing, I decide to playing guitar, sing another song. Looks like I became more and more addicted to this guitar.

‘whoa nice thing you got there’
    [yep, this baby named ‘guitar’ a stuff from my homeland]
    ‘oh.. so where your are come from’
    [it was called earth, a place far away from here]
    ‘never heard of it, hey, can you playing a song for us?’
    [sure, what song ?]
    ‘sing a song from your hometown, a good one’
    [okay… its called “To Hell and Back” a tale of a soldier who fight in a great war in the past]

…..singing…..

‘come on mate, it’s already dawn, let’s go fishing’
    Thus my duty with this fisherman client is completed.
    [Complete : Fish 5 Speedy Tunas]

On my way back to port.

‘Captain, wake up. hurry up here.’
    I startled, and come to the lookout man on bridge.

Fucking shit… A sea serpent… moreover it was two of them…
    You got to be kidding me… more and more crap came around to me…
    [@zero300 your amulet was a trash afterall… I still “this” unlucky.]

(playing BGM : 艦これVocal/Metal 深海ノ光 「Yonder Voice」)

‘Turn the boat around we must leave. FAST
    Turn the engine up, set the sail, anyone who have wind magic use it to make us move faster’
    I starting to run, and set up the sail. But the serpent moving faster than this ship.
    In no time their tentacle starting to rekt this ship.

[you won’t eat me alive]

I starting to change into full gear. Many the other shipmate jumping to sea or get rekt alive by those tentacle.
    *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* dodge *bang* *bang* *bang* *reload*
    Its no use… this ship won’t make it…

The captain already eaten alive. While the other that jumping to sea got the same fate.. the sea turn into red, by their blood…
    [​IMG]

Ah… why this happen to me…

(BGM : Yellow Squadron – Aces Zero [From Beyond The Watchtower])

The serpent open it’s mouth… fuck this, I take the Frag Grenade (from guild master @shad12ow) and run into it’s mouth, [EAT THIS !!!] I throw the Grenade to it’s mouth *Ka-Boom* *Ka-Boom* the sea serpent screaming loud, it’s tentacle start moving violently [it’s not over] I take the crossbow, start shooting the bolt, and reload it with Enhanced Drill Bolt. In mid air the bow start to make whistle sound… *fyuiii* *boom* it explode… I thought it was only have drill enhancement. Whatever if that’s works, than it was good enough.

*fyuiii* *boom* *fyuiii* *boom* *fyuiii* *boom* *fyuiii* *boom* *fyuiii* *boom*

*craaak*
    the boat start to broke…
    Damn it… the two serpent was too much for the boat.
    Then from behind a tentacle caught my body. And take me mid air damn… I use my Tri-Knife in attempt to loose myself. [@seriouslynope really, how do you fight this thing with your blade ?]
    The ship already sunk, and the serpent roaring in front of me, it’s tentacle full of blood from my tri-knife but it won’t let me go.

[it’s all over… any attempt to resist is futile…]
    Somehow I remember the old man said when I reside in the inn…

It’s necessary to know that. What if all of us took that attitude. At we face the rejection, and know that no one show up. Or somebody says that “you can count on me” and yet they don’t come through.
    What if we all have that kind attitude, the cause repossesses. Nobody believes in you, and you lost again and again and again… the light are cut off.
    But you still looking at your dream, reviewing everyday. And say to yourself: it’s not over. Until I Win!
    You have to know within yourself. That “I can do this. even if no one sees it for me, I must see it for myself”

Yes… it’s not over… when it tentacle take me in front of it, I take my ‘Small Portable Flame Bomb’
    [come on you piece of shit, come and get me !!!]
    *roaaaaar*
    It throw me to its mouth. I throw SPFB to its mouth. When I consumed, I try to hold into one of it’s teeth. And throw all my grenade.

[EAT THAT MOTHERFUCKER!!!]

*ka-boom**ka-boom**ka-boom*
    It insides come to me like a tsunami…

[Loot :
    Gold -10
    Small Portable guitar x1
    7.62×54mmR -7
    Frag Grenade -10
    Enhanced Drill Bolt -6
    Small Portable Flame Bomb -2
    Beef jerky -5]
    Continue to side story.
    CONTINUE TO SIDE QUEST

I was awakened by the heat of the sun that feels very sore in my back,
    I woke up on a beach that has never been seen before ...
    I am very confident that this is an island that I never know of and also not in the area around where I lived, because next to me there is debris from ruined plane that looks had long left behind.

[am I back to earth ? no, this is not the earth. The plant here too different. Maybe I stranded to a nearby island?]
    I quickly take my guild insignia, and call guild master for help.
    [Boss, come in, fox san, elder bielt, hikari boss…] no answer…
    Dammit, it seems my insignia broke when I take down sea serpent. I guess I got no other choice but to find out where I am, and find a way back to guild.

For now, I need to know where I was. And my surrounding.

The plane has the shape and logo that I did not know, however, uniquely the plane instrument has several languages I know
    Huh the pilot died on the spot, the pilot is a human-like creatures. Why I say like a human?
    Because of her height is only half of me, and that makes me very confident is the head two times larger than normal head size for her size.
    Several holes in her uniform show that she got shot when fighting, and an object sticking out of his body ...
    ii-it's ... A small knife... turns out he was still alive when emergency landing here ...
    and then he decided to kill himself by stabbing himself ...
    an act that is very extreme I think ... I decided to "borrow" some of survival equipment of the poor body ... and all the equipment is smaller than usual, (only about a quarter of the usual I encountered)
    a flashlight, compass, knife-shaped like Katana, and a parachute, unfortunately I did not find a map or the like, and other tools have been damaged by time or too small for me to use.
    I had to figure out where I was ...

[loot: Flashlight x1, Compass x1, Knife-shaped like Katana x1, Parachute x1]

After checking my equipment, I check the map, to make assumption where I generally stranded, I decide to find a safe place, make a boat, and sail to Main Island.
    It did not take long to decide the destination, because in the distance there is a building which is located on top of the plateau, which is visible in the distance ...
    and I decide to go there...
    I have to reach the building before nightfall. The Compass I find really help me in this forest. Despite having symbols and shapes that I do not know, but I know how to use it, well... generally.

I find the compass around his waist in the pilot, in a state of broken and damaged in one rope. When I touch the object diffuse soft light and change its shape into a compass-shaped watch. It makes me jump a little, when the object is changed, all the damage disappear as if nothing happened.

I arrived at the venue a few hours later, strangely enough, I did not feel tired or thirsty at all.
    During the trip I was able to maintain the pace of travel. I was surprised but this I ignored, for now.
    I had to find a place to stay overnight and get a bit of food and drink, for the time being.
    The building looks old, but it still stands. I also checked out the building for a while, and walked around the building to check if there is someone or something that uses the house as a place of residence. I also see that the building is safe enough to be occupied, the window is still solid, and has a strong iron bars.
    [​IMG]
    But it looks like the front door of the building has been damaged, and with a little kicks, the door opened. After I looked deeper, and make sure everything is safe, I decided to spend the night in that place. My body was exhausted, after making a bed, and secure the room, I fell asleep.

The morning light enters the slit window that I cover tightly, wake me. I felt myself very tired, but after a while, hunger and thirst encouraged me to look for food and water supplies, the food supply I have only enough for one day only, so I must look for supplies as soon as possible before the hungry makes me weak and diseased, in these circumstances, even the flu and cold became very dangerous, that can cause death to those who are not accustomed.
    Unfortunately, on an island, finding safe drinking water is a very difficult job, so it is impossible for those who have never participated in the camp. Because the island structure different from the mainland. Usually, one thing that is different on the island is. There is rarely a source of fresh water / springs, and it was very bad for me, because without water, humans can only survive two to three days, I decided to check, whether in here there is a pump springs or the like, if not there, then I had to make an emergency water filter.
    - Evaporation use fire, pan, and tilt towards cover in shelters,
    - Rainwater
    While waiting the water filter make some clear water, I checked out the room I haven’t check last night, After checking the room closely, I discovered a secret door to a small room in the floor that looks like a drain cover in the streets.

Huh, this is the hallway purely man-made, and it is unlikely it is able to be made of civilians due to its manufacture requires significant time and cost is not small, and it is clear that although the rich even be reluctant to make it in because it is an act in vain.
    Down the hall there is a small door and included a fairly large room, which contains large equipment, and looks expensive.

[OH MY GOD!]

This room was very very very same like military bunker on earth…

[Well, this is interesting ... so where the generator room]
    It did not take long for me who are used in military operations to find and run the electrical control room, the basement consists of five rooms, a resting place, a study room ... I think, generator room, control room, and ... the kitchen.
    Looks like I have to check kitchen carefully before anything else... *grin*
    Although dusty, it looks like the water faucet still functioning, when the water faucet is opened, the water that comes out very dirty, but after some time, very clear water came out,
    For food, it seems almost nothing, storage cabinets do not store anything, but in a closet there is a lot of canned food, which I immediately recognized as military rations.
    Some of which is not feasible in consumption, but some dry food and powdered still feasible in consumption, ah I remembered ration type FD-3 and T2-RP
    This logo Huh, I do not know any of this, but the language in the wrapper is a language that I know, and uniquely composed of four languages ... very unusual in military rations.
    To Be Continue to side quest 2
    I wake up in the morning as usual, this is the third day since I live here.
    The place wasn't bad so I say, but it was almost like earth, well... almost
    except the plant and insect was totally different.
    The room I use here was used by somebody named Scheer, a scientist.
    On his desk there many notes and book he wrote.
    And from his writing from this underground building I got some knowledge about this place.
    Fortunately I got few piece clothes from this room, and few strange pieces ID card from control room.
    when I got dressed, I was notice that my body was younger than my actual self,
    it looks like my body on early twenty, white skin, but my hair was same gray headed, and my body got more muscle than I was on that age.

This place was an abandoned control room for a military research facility, who get attacked by unknown alien forces.
    What makes me confused was why I can’t found any corpse here, except the corpse from a crash landing plane.
    this building was build on near end war against those alien invader, and many attempt to make smart living AI-like weapon ended with failure
    but, people on this planet doesn't accept them, because too many hatred towards the living tech who kill many their family, friend and their colleague
    and people who accept them was too lacking on their leadership, and on some occasion the weapon was against them.

"Well that was bad to have a living gun who have their ego"
    "and the weapon was based on alien who kill your family?"
    that's making more and more difficult, I understand their feelings

well, let see what this building have after I eat.

I wash my face, and use towel for my body because the bath was broken.
    [man I really hope I was good on fixing something, and learn IT, so many stuff I don't know was lying here]
    [but beggar can't be chosen, at least the toilet was in good condition]
    I got a sub-machine gun, just exactly like one I seen on earth, condition was… it look like it seen a better day, but the ammo was good.

[Loot: VFC MP7A1 Silencer x1, MP7A1 x1, 4.6×30mm x5 box]

[Why their weapon was this old, but the computer condition was this good?]
    that make me more and more wonder about this...

There is two ways to go deeper on this facility, one is with elevator and the other is by emergency maintenance ladder. I choose the latter because it's too risky to use a rusty elevator and got stuck in the middle of nowhere with no exit.
    [Let’s begin the journey] I said to myself
    [Holy shit this place was really huge],
    there many 'monster' inside BIG glass tube
    the monster was something I’ve never seen before some got humanoid body, some with tentacles,
    the smaller one was as big as killer whale.

After searching from all the 'machine' there I found a computer with VI holographic control panel that I found nearby.
    [Insert key card it said... hm... what should I do]
    [It will be a dangerous move if I do it wrong]
    [It’s a good thing I have Scheer Substitute ID card, here goes nothing]
    and I insert the ID card I have to the console.

'Welcome Dr. Scheer the female sound was coming from all the corner of this room.
    And then dozen holographic on the surrounding area face me instantly
    [whoa] I was really surprised by them.

'I am type 0014 VI Helper will assist you from now on.'
    [zero zero fourteen what ?]
    'you can call me fairy if you found my name was hard to spell.'

again, an ugly naming sense, it's just me or people in this world was got bad taste on naming sense...
    'what are your order sir' that's makes me think... then I was decided to give her the first order...
    [tell me about this place]

Now this makes sense, this island was not from this continent, this island was stranded here. It comes from warp hole in this ocean.

That world technology was nearly same like my world unless, they just past industrial era if I put it to earth technology. The race from that world was not human only, but they got elf, beast kin, and flying tribe, but no magic.
    [No magic huh, so much for the fairy tale]

Looks like in this different world there no such thing. Oh man… so this place was a dangerous parallel world, I wonder how I can get back to earth.

‘Warning heavy Storm have been detected, all personnel get ready to your post. Security procedure will be active immediately’

Heavy storm, this is bad, I hope thing will do fine…
    When I enter this room, there are some kind…. Different air in them, this room was peaceful air that I don’t know how to describe it, the room was big, and I mean BIG, there was many machine that I don't know what is use for, there was eight tubes who got connected to one big tube with many mist inside it, the mist was bright, but change color every sec.

Then something inside tell me to run, run away from here, but on top from that, there something... there a warm feeling towards me. And that makes me curious I took a step closer to those tubes... and reach my hand to it.

Just when I touch the tube, there some kind shockwave happen.
    ‘ALERT, ALERT, lightning rod is not working, maintenance personnel please report to your post immediately’
    Then another shockwave coming, the entire area became red, alarm signal everywhere flashing.
    I rushed to the VI room with one thing in my mind, to know what happen, and contain this situation immediately.
    Just when I enter the alley between experiment room and VI room, an explosive sound heard.
    ‘ALERT, ALERT, Container in specimen room has been broken… *Ka-BOOM*… *Ka-BOOM*…
    There explosive sound everywhere and the door in front of me explode, the heavy door was blasted, and I just evade it by luck in inch

The hell is this… [VI report status]

Fuck there’s no answer, the VI probably damaged, I ready my SMG, carefully. I enter the room, keep my head down. Little by little I cautiously search the room. Just about I close enough the VI, the monster body who broken through from container moves…

[Shit, that thing lives]

I cursed… and without warning, that thing shoot at me…
    *Boom… boom… boom*
    I jump to safety immediately hiding my ass from that creature…
    And then out from nowhere, that creature make some sound from their body…
    the fuck… they playing music… I-I-is this some kind of joke, where’s the hidden camera...
    *Boom… boom… boom*

The creature was shooting at me, while I move from cover to cover.

*Boom… boom… boom*

That thing shooting randomly to anything that moves even hanging cable was get shoot at. I quickly run to another cover and hiding, waiting the right time to shoot…

I screamed in frustration, and then I shoot right to its head under its big teeth three burst, it screams in agony

*HHhhOOOOOooooo*

I shoot another burst right to it head, and run to it, I use three Dollyo Chagi and finish it with strong Dwi Hurigi Kick. Bam... that thing was dropped to nearest big burning machine with loud sound.

*HHHHHooooOOOOoooo*

That thing was burning from electricity and fire… And then the music mysteriously stopped. I send another burst right to its heart to make sure it dies.
    [ouch… my leg. I feel like hitting iron] I limped toward VI.

Then another music comes… I slowly… really slow… turn my head to my back… just to see three creature slowly raise from rubble…
    [F-f-fuck me…] three big head creature was rolling to me from left…
    *tarararat..click..click..click…*
    [shit]
    And while it stunned by headshot, I run quickly to door.
    *Boom… boom…*

just I exit the room, another explosion sounded from my back, I run as quickly as possible, just when I think I safe, the wall on my right explode and the rubble was swarming to me…
    And I fall, worried, I see my back, there a big ass ugly with open mouth aiming at me with it’s…
    [Tongue]
    my eyes open wide… started
    [the…]
    *Boom*
    another shoot aim at me and it miss horribly. It makes a cave in. between me and that sucker…

Quickly, ignore my injury, I limp to closest door… that is my previous big room with Mist everywhere… I lock the door, and shut it with table, chair, anything I can lift.
    Exhausted, I sit on the floor with my back onto mist tube… blood on my head make my eyes hurt. And my view blurred. *Boom… boom… boom* the sound from outside starting to fade with my consciousness slip away.

‘What are you doing? You... Well, fine already... Please leave it to me’
    [Who !? who is it ?]
    ‘Let me Help You. Just let us out….’
    [How can you help me? how I can let you out?]

I try to get up with my head feel more and more dizzy…

*Boom*

A massive sound with another shockwave heard, and I was fall to the floor
    I try to get up with by clinging to the machine in front of the tube with mist inside…

[Release huh… well I feel like jumping from frying pan to another frying pan… hehehehe… Ton-Tan must be laugh at me, seeing me messed up like this]

[fuck me… here comes nothing]

I said and push all random button in front of me
    ‘Danke schön, Admiral’
    And then a massive broken glass sounded… my weakened bodyfall to the …. Wait, somebody catch me before I fell…

‘Ich werde derjenige sein, um sie zu beenden!’
    ‘戦艦 Bismarck, Einstellung Segel ! 出撃するわ!’

I finally lost consciousness completely

Boom, boom… the loud sound wake me up, and wonder, why my body shake so violently. Then I realize, I was carried by someone.

‘Master, you awake, sorry to wake you up’

I was carried on her shoulders, my left hands and legs were crossed in front of her, her hand grab my elbow tight, her right hand was holding a kind of weapon.

[Where am I?]
    'Strand'
    [The monster?]
    ‘alle starben’
    [The base?]
    ‘alle zerstört’
    [​IMG]
    [And who are you ?]
    ‘I am Bismarck, the nameship of the Bismarck-class battleships. You should remember it well.’
    [Y-Yes…]
    ‘You're being quite familiar. Why is that?’
    [so-sorry, my name is LC, how do you do]
    ‘hmft…’
    *sigh*
    (now how I get out from this island, is this the AI weapon? Egh…)*thinking*
    ‘Geez~! To neglect one such as myself, aren't you quite something! Its fine for me to come along on a sortie or practice, you know!?’
    [you want to came along with me ?]
    ‘hmft’
    [but I can’t go anywhere… I’m stranded here]
    ‘Ich kann durch die Meere segeln, war es eine natürliche Sache für mich’
    [egh.. come again?]
    ‘I can carry you to nearest port’
    [egh… you can, but.. how ?]
    *princess carry LC*
    [wha.. what… wait…]

[Companion: Battleship Bismarck ‘Drei’]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    AliceShiki and ForumObserver like this.
  7. ForumObserver

Reading List:
    Link
    *massages temple*
    N*ppon will definitely assault us in future for the copyright issues we have here
    *sighs*

8. seriouslynope

seriouslynope [Armoured Madman][Ninja Hobo of War]

Reading List:
    Link
    And you still want to add From Software to the mix...

9. ForumObserver

Reading List:
    Link
    A Wild N*ppon has appeared
    N*ppon uses "Pulled all N*ppon stuffs that are located overseas back"
    It is Incredibly effective
    Others are suffering of "No Anime,Manga,Novels,Games,etc related to N*ppon"
    Game Over

Bielt and AliceShiki like this.
  10. LC

LC Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i know. i know.. okay, i will take 2 option.. but i still confuse which should i choose. (change her name) or (don't take her into quest)

11. LittleFox21

Reading List:
    Link
  12. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G |5 x Eggs ]
    Delta Town - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Clean Barnacles from hull [ 40 G
    Delta Town - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [ 80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna ]
    =============================================================
    "Oh, wundebar! Wundebar! The work is great, my friend~! Hahaha~! Well, here is your reward, 140 gold and the other stuff~! Take care now~!"

LC likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Bielt Mama, it seems a warp hole was found in the sea near delta town according to the report by @LC-kun, it might be a good idea to close it later...

Bielt and LC like this.
  14. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay~ I will do it~

Together~ with my rank up quest~

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. ForumObserver

Reading List:
    Link
    lul I forgot you have your rank up quest

Bielt likes this.
  16. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #SD2- D-Ranked - Slay 10 Gray Desert Fox- [85 G]
    Kaylie P.O.V
    I saw my surroundings and I couldn’t help but tear up. It was exceedingly similar to my old kingdom and as I thought about that, a lone tear drifted from my eye to rest upon my cheek.

Balthazar quickly ran over and I could see the visible worry on his face. His mask was gone, along with his clothes. This fact startled me and I quickly covered my eyes and gave a small shout.

I glanced down to notice that unlike him, I was still fully clothed. Balthazar paid no heed to his nudity and calmly conjured clothing to find that he couldn’t. I looked around to see many people staring at him with fear, hate, and disgust.

The ones who looked at me however, looked quite concerned. Balthazar was seemed annoyed at the fact that he couldn’t use his magic here before looking around in puzzlement as my blush grew deeper.

It was a surreal moment, one that i would never forget. Surrounded by unmoving fae with a naked Balthazar unhindered by the fact that he was unclothed. After moment of searching, and to my relief, it seemed that Balthazar finally started to move.

I couldn’t help but peek past the defenses of my fingers once again and saw…. dangly bits.

Balthazar P.O.V

Tch. I looked around at the nearby stalls to notice various fae staring at me with hostility. I found what looked like a stall that was selling clothes and walked towards it. The fae backed away from me slowly as I searched for cloth befitting of my size.

My search was interrupted by a small hand on my shoulder and I turned around to see a tiny fae less than 20 cm tall staring at me. “We do not take kindly to your people angel, leave now or we will attack.” Hmm? Was this little thing getting on my nerves? Yes… it was.

I grinded my teeth slightly before glancing in Kaylie’s direction and sighing. “I just need some clothes, unless you prefer me naked?” I was about to make a wittier comeback but decided not too.

“I give you two options angel,” She practically spit out the words before continuing. “Leave now, or die. Do not blame us for what happens to you.” I could almost feel my veins bulging on my temples and was about to do something stupid before I was interrupted by Kaylie who had stepped beside me without me noticing.

“The fallen angel is with me, if you would please allow him to put on clothes then we would be thankful.” I bit back a retort once I saw the look on her face and decided to stay silent. “Oh? A fallen angel? The color of his wings speak otherwise kin.”

The tiny fae questioned over and over before hesitantly leaving me alone. I sighed in relief before a trembling fae walked over to me and Kaylie and spoke. “Uh-uhmm, for the clothes it- it will be 6 mitron.” Six what? Mitron? The hell is that?

I gave Kaylie a questioning look before she pulled out a couple platinum looking coins and handed them to the fae. I sighed while thinking of all the culture differences I didn’t know about and followed Kaylie around.

Kaylie P.O.V

After getting used to the fact that I was in a fae kingdom I quickly recovered and went in search for a couple items with Balthazar trailing behind me. We didn’t make it that far however when suddenly Balthazar put his hand on my shoulder while telling me stop.

I directed my vision at him with an irritated look and noticed his frown. He looked me in the eye and to my behest he quickly pulled me behind him. His eagerness made it apparent that something was wrong and I observed the surroundings.

We were being surrounded. In front of us, three large, fully armored fae walked towards us. I started to get slightly worried but they approached us and stepped to the side, revealing a smaller fae who continued to walk towards us.

“Come with us or you will not leave this kingdom alive.” He glared at Balthazar and they exchanged threats with their eyes. Feeling slightly worried, I lightly tapped on Balthazar’s shoulder which led him to looking back at me.

He seemed apprehensive but in the end, he discerned my meaning and went with it. They led us to a castle and upon our arrival, we met many threatening glares thrown our way. I felt uncomfortable but Balthazar just continued on with his chest held high like he didn’t even notice.

I sighed whilst wondering as to why I was feeling nervous and before I knew it, we were inside the castle and walking towards a large door. The door seemed to be more than 10 meters tall and I couldn’t help but wonder why it was designed as such.

There weren’t many fae that I knew who were of that size, there were few of them could I call an acquaintance and much less who I could call friends. The large doors started to open which released an oppressive aura which almost forced me to my knees.

Balthazar noticed this before helping me up and leveling a glare towards the inside and released a low growl….. he growled. A more oppressive force rumbled out from the room and the floor beneath Balthazar’s feet cracked but he didn’t give way to the aura and stood still.

Balthazar P.O.V

I was being targeted by a fairly powerful aura. Most likely the owner of such an aura was either SS or SSS rank. I assumed that I might be able to beat it, but I wasn’t optimistic. It would be a close fight, ending only when one of us was dead.... or both of us.

The being released another torrent of power and I was forced to react. I unleashed my aura and it fought back against the waves of oppressive force. The door opened all the way in that moment, which allowed me to see a large fae sitting on a throne.

It’s skin was a teal color and it was no less than 4 meters tall, but those were not the most notable features. The fae had 6 arms and 2 heads. He nodded in my direction and we simultaneously dispersed our auras.

“Enter.” I stood for a moment trying to decode the situation when Kaylie simply walked past me straight into what looked like a throne room. I ended up sighing and following her in moments later.

The door closed behind us and surprisingly, the large fae simply stared at us. He eventually glanced at what seemed to be the leader of some kind of royal guard and waved him away.

The leader bowed and along with the rest of his guards, they walked out. While they were leaving the king sat and stared at us in silence. I heard the slam of a door and the large fae breathed out a long sigh before laughing.

“It has been a long time youngling.” Now, if some crazy old fae called you youngling… what would you do? I decided to learn what to do by watching Kaylie, the youngling in question.

She smiled before I saw the faintest glint of a tear in her eye. “It has been too long.” She looked at me and noticed the dumbfounded look on my face before speaking. “Balthazar, this is Kalen, my uncle.”

Kaylie P.O.V

After saying that, my uncle stared at Balthazar for a while before chuckling and speaking once more. “So this is the famed angel who saved my niece and bedded her.” I could feel my face go hot at my uncle’s words, he never was thoughtful of his words.

Balthazar looked slightly displeased with the situation. He probably wanted a good fight. In the meantime, my uncle studied me intensively. His gaze passed over my stomach and a startled expression appeared on his face.

He stared at my stomach for a while longer before chuckling out loud. “I truly didn’t expect this turn of events. How could you not tell me Kaylie?” I was slightly confused before realising what my uncle was doing and I played along.

“What do you mean uncle.” I put on a puzzled look and acted oblivious while my uncle turned towards Balthazar. “You guys, are having a child.” I glanced towards Balthazar and I was kind of disappointed to be honest. There wasn’t a single shred of emotion on his face.

Anger? Excitement? Either they truly weren’t there or he was just good at handling his emotions. I turned towards my uncle to see a strange look as well before he started to speak, “Not even a little emotion Balthazar?”

Balthazar looked up to the ceiling as if in thought before replying. “Should I be? What was going to happen in the future is happening now. It doesn’t really matter when. We are just going to have a little tyke running around right?”

As blunt as he sounded, I could recognize the underlying excitement in his tone. It was hardly recognizable but even though he lost his memories, he is still the same man as before. My uncle didn’t recognize this however and he was starting to grow angry.

He glanced my way and probably noticed the excitement that was dancing in my eyes. His anger was quickly quelled and he revealed the real reason why he was stunned. “Sorry to disappoint Balthazar, but she is not pregnant. She just has not undergone the ishtaktal. In your language it would be an awakening ceremony.”

Balthazar ended up nodding but his eyes revealed his dismay at the revelation. “Hm, I see.” Following Balthazar’s words, my uncle walked to the far corner of the throne room and started to chant. After a couple lines of chanting, the wall started to rumble and he spoke, “Your father would have loved to see this, sadly, he can’t.”

I noticed the sadness in his eyes and couldn’t help but reveal some in my own. Balthazar wisely chose to silently comfort me and I appreciated the action. Soon though, my uncle beckoned me over and looked at me. “You have grown into a fine lady youngling, I am the last kin you have left and vice-versa. So live on.”

I nodded my head and brought him into a long hug. He sighed and pulled away soon after with a smile. “Go get ‘em youngling.” He patted me on the back and I offered him a smile before walking up to Balthazar. Before I entered the room I grabbed Balthazar and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

I didn’t give him enough time to react as I quickly rushed into the room and noticed the wall to the outside closing. Then, I was encased in total darkness. I sighed in anticipation before I began speaking. “Aidan” And with that word, the room lit up, revealing a hexagram in the center.

I strolled to the center of the six-sided star and closed my eyes to start chanting the words for the awakening ceremony. Once I was done, I opened my eyes and noticed the hexagram was starting to glow a mesmerizing blue. The awakening ceremony had officially begun.

Balthazar P.O.V

Kaylie had just entered the room and I sighed at her antics. Kalen, being the miser that he is, started to laugh before he conversed with me. “Balthazar, take good care of Kaylie alright? I can see that she loves you deeply and I won’t be there for her much longer.”

What he said seemed perfectly normal but the last part of his sentence irked me. “You speak as if you will die soon.” He chuckled before replying to my curiousity. “Indeed, I will soon go after the heads of the leaders in heaven.” I thought about his words momentarily before noticing another thing he said that stood out. Leaders.

“Are you trying to tell me that there are more than just one god leading heaven?” He looked at me like I was stupid and exclaimed, “You think one planet level god can rule heaven?” I mulled over what he had said before realising that he was right. How is it possible for 1 lowly god to rule heaven? There had to be at least an overgod pulling the strings.

“Wait until we kill Morian, then I’ll be able to join in the fight.” He clapped me on the back before laughing, “Sure thing, I knew I liked you for a reason.” We continued our conversation before a shrill scream interrupted it and I was shaken, “Kaylie!” I started to rush at the wall, intending to break through but I was pulled back ny Kalen.

“It’s part of the process Balthazar. It happens every time. If you don’t believe me then just scan the room with your aura.” I listened to him and quickly scanned the room before scanning the entire castles but I was unable to find any discrepancies. I ender up pacing back and forth in the throne room for minutes before the screaming stopped.

Kalen then chanted the same words as earlier and the room was revealed. Inside it was Kaylie laying on the floor, unconscious. Both me and Kalen quickly rushed towards her but while I went all the way to check on her, he stopped at the hexagram and studied the lines. I was assured that Kaylie was alright after checking her body and I was soon startled to hear intense laughter laced with happiness.

“HAHAHA! Oberon! Your daughter is a child of the void!” I couldn’t be bothered to pay any attention to him as I tried to get Kaylie to awaken. I soon felt a hand on my shoulder and saw a hand approaching Kaylie’s shoulder as well. “I’ll see you when Morian is dead Balthazar.”

I turned back in puzzlement but noticed that I was no longer in the fae kingdom. We were in a remote part of the forest, near the location of the portal. I quickly turned my attention back to Kaylie to notice that she was starting to stir. I immediately attended to her and when she opened her eyes I couldn’t help but stare.

The usual silver was replaced by a dark, deep purple. Now that I actually noticed, there were many changes that she had underwent. Her ears became slightly more slender and pointed. Her pure aura had changed into one of royal grace.

Her body also became more… ‘developed'. The most notable change however was that her previously slightly immature features were replaced by the face of a grown mature woman.

And I really did enjoy these changes. I always did like maturity it seemed, not too mature though. “Come on Kaylie we have to get back to the guild.” At my concern, a smile came to her face as she shook her head. “That’s just not what I had in mind hon.”

My head tilted in a questioning manner and I was soon shocked as she pulled my face to hers and intertwined our tongues. Soon our breathing became heavy and our ‘fires' were lit. I used every technique I knew and got her to moan into my mouth, which only led to me getting even more stirred up.

I teleported to my secret cave before picking her up and leading her to the bedroom. (It’s like a hobbit-hole… in a cave) Then somewhere down the line our clothes ‘mysteriously' vanished along with anything else obstructing us.

We made it to the side of the bed and I grinned. She returned it and pushed me onto the bed before climbing her way up slowly until we were face to face.Our breathing was heavy and what followed after was a very ‘fun' night indeed.

We finally finished and the only sounds were of rough breathing and quietness and A smile came to my face as I remembered the previous events.

I then felt Kaylie start to move so I looked her way until she looked my way seconds later. She quickly covered her face and began to blush so I chuckled and listened to her speak.

“I acted like a predator!” That made me laugh even harder and I soon replied, “That you did, so I think it’s my turn.”She removed her hands from her face and looked at me, “Your turn for what?” She did seem genuinely puzzled so I, being the gentleman I am, had to alleviate her worries.

“What are you talking about silly?” I rolled over so I was on top of her and I gave her a grin, “It’s time for round two.” A blush quickly crept up on her face and my grin became wider.

One thing I noticed however was that she offered no words of protest and I thought to myself, maybe this part of our journey was longer than the actual quest itself.

Hours later

I was present in the guild without Kaylie and walked up to the guildmaster to turn my quest in. We enjoyed the usual friendly banter but before long he asked a question. “Where’s Kaylie?” I looked at him and grinned before selecting my choice of words and spoke, “She can’t stand.”

THE END FINALLY

[​IMG]
    Misc notes: took 4ever and I couldn't find a way to just end it on a fun note so I added in a little cheesiness with the final line :p
    @shad12ow AS THE RECEPTIONIST! DONT FORGET THIS TIME!

@Bielt @LC

17. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link

18. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Lumber [ 100 G | 10 x Lumber ]

Great Plain - #GD3 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Flower seeds [ 80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower ]

Desert Village - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Harvest Desert Cereal[ 50 G | 1 x Bundle of Barley, Millet, and Wheat]

Desert Village - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Harvest Magic Flower [ 75 G | 1 x Bundle of Magic Flower ]

North Volcano - #SB1 - B-Ranked - Slay 5 Fire Elemental[ 300 G ]

Ash Plains - #SB4 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Ash beasts [ 280 G ]

@LittleFox21, turning these in after practically forever. XD

Though most rabbits lived underground in tunnels, the mutated rabbits proved different.

“We were building treehouses,” explained Antares. He was the leader of the rabbits and his ear flopped like a lock of hair as he watched over the tribe members filing into Scriptor’s home. They’d grown again and now all of them walked on their hind legs like humans. “It’s tough for predators to eat us up that high.”

Life had grown harder for them – as their mutations and intelligence increased, other animals had grown wary and even aggressive towards them. Even simple gathering for berries and grasses became difficult and they had to abandon their original homes underground. Gus’ contribution had been a valuable lifeline and kept them from starving to death.

Scriptor felt sympathetic. It couldn’t have been easy.

“Gus and I can go out to get some wood for you to build houses,” she said and pointed towards a corner of her property. “There’s a lot of flat ground over there you can use.”

Gus rubbed his chin thoughtfully. “We should get some more seeds to grow crops now that we have a workforce.”

“Right! I think there’s a quest at the guild that rewards us with grains. I have some other rice and vegetable seeds myself, but it can’t hurt to have more.”

The little firebird waddled after them, chortling happily. It liked eating all of the treats that Scriptor made during her cooking experiments a little too much – sometimes she worried it’d get too round to fly.

They left the extremely grateful rabbits to set up makeshift shelters and the chirping little Firebird to nose around them curiously.

While Scriptor and Gus gathered lumber for their quest, Scriptor pondered aloud about the unusual evolution of the rabbits.

“I haven’t seen any animal improve so quickly. I don’t think it came to happen naturally.”

“It’s not,” Gus told her immediately, chopping down a tree with an axe. They had to get wood from a forest outside Delta Town because the Town itself was in the desert, a place without natural timber. “Even as a cultivator, that kind of thing takes time.”

It meant a lot for a cultivating genius like Gus to say that.

“Come to think of it, I did sense a lot of magic on them. I wonder if some great mage did something? Or maybe they lived close to a magic nexus?” wondered Scriptor. She directed a sigil at the tree Gus chopped down. It glowed briefly, throwing a series of wind blades and chopping the log into manageable chunks.

Gus shrugged, moving onto the next tree. “We could always ask.”

“True,” admitted Scriptor, eyeing another tree. It looked like a redwood – maybe she could take it home to make into furniture?

On the way back to Delta Town, Scriptor and Gus passed by the Great Plains. It was easy to find all kinds of flowers –Iris, Crocus, and Daffodil were some common types. The more magical ones she found were Lady’s Blush and Blue Demon. Lady’s Blush was a soft white flower with a pink center – it was good for skin harmed by magic. Blue Demon was a frilly, dark blue flower with two yellow stamens in the center like demon’s eyes. It was used in poisons to lower mental resistances. She collected some for her own garden in addition to the quest for the natives. The village elder thanked her for the contribution and gave her a Butterfly Flower.

The Desert Village needed help with harvesting. Desert Cereal was a basic, rough grain they used to make bread and easy to keep from spoiling, unlike other plants. While it was tiring and sweaty work under the hot sun, Scriptor and Gus were happy to receive the Barley, Millet, and Wheat as their reward. Their interspatial pouches were perfect for keeping food preserved so they didn’t have the same problem as the villagers.

The Magic Flowers were a much less magic-heavy version of the Crown of Mana tree that Scriptor grew. They glowed a faint blue color, a sign of the mana they fed off at the mana node closest to the village. Still, Scriptor was happy to help them harvest the flowers and to receive one as a reward – they would look pretty planted at her home.

Gus waited for her patiently while she talked shop with the village elders and ladies about the plants. He was met with a pleasant reward for his patience – Scriptor brought back a basket full of goodies and information about the North Volcano and Ash Plains where they were headed next.

They went to the fiery land in the north for two purposes: to obtain fire crystals to fuel the high-quality flames Gus needed to shape the meteorite ore and to scout the location of the Heart of Fire. Fire Crystals were easy enough to obtain, growing along areas with a high concentration of fire elemental energy which in the Ash Plains meant nearly everywhere. They even grew on some monsters, sticking out like crests. The gloomy, blackened fields were hot and dry like the desert at noon. The skies were gray and cloudy with ash.

Though they looked like fireflies, the Fire Elementals in the North Volcano were shaped from flame and considerably larger and dangerous. The real problem was in getting them in a group to her so she could use a massive ice spell to take care of them all. After infusing Gus’ metal halberd with a few Ice Crystals so that the elementals would at least be scared if Gus waved it at them, Gus swiped at the Elementals and herded them towards Scriptor.

Her water and ice elemental spells were stronger than ever after she gained insights into water element laws in the chamber where the Heart was kept. The Fire Elementals didn’t know what hit them – a great sigil several meters in diameter glowed below them and they were encased in ice, instantly killing them. Only the glowing hearts like embers were left, which Scriptor collected.

She took on the Ash Beasts in a similar fashion – they were harder than the Fire Elementals because being made of ash, they could reform their bodies to an extent. The Ash Plains were a dead space where they could hide anywhere – in the shadow of blackened tree or under a rock on the ground. Luckily, Gus had good senses and was able to frighten them out for Scriptor encase in blocks of ice as well.

As they explored the area, they came to a spot in the middle of the Ash Plains where the Ash Beasts grew so thick that Scriptor ran low on mana while icing them all. Not so coincidentally, Scriptor felt the inescapable pressure of ancient fire elemental energy like a heavy weight the farther they walked.

“We need more supplies before we investigate further, but this should be it.” She patted sadly at her pouch – they’d used up most of their food and restoratives during the last trip.

Gus shrugged, “I need to get my yanyuedao made anyway; I’m not walking in there without a good weapon.”

They headed back home.

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #SD2- D-Ranked - Slay 10 Gray Desert Fox- [85 G]
    ==========================================================
    "Hohoho~! What a report, my friend. Hahaha~! Well, here is the reward, well....monetary reward, 85 gold. But the real reward is...something else, eh? *wink* *wink* Hahahahahahahaha~! Take care of her, my friend."

20. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Lumber [ 100 G | 10 x Lumber ]
    Great Plain - #GD3 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Flower seeds [ 80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower ]
    Desert Village - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Harvest Desert Cereal[ 50 G | 1 x Bundle of Barley, Millet, and Wheat]
    Desert Village - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Harvest Magic Flower [ 75 G | 1 x Bundle of Magic Flower ]
    North Volcano - #SB1 - B-Ranked - Slay 5 Fire Elemental[ 300 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB4 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Ash beasts [ 280 G ]
    =========================================================================
    "Hmm....as usual, your report sounded like...I don't know.....a picnic? The life of great and powerful ones surely is different from normal people like us, eh? Hahaha~! Not that I have a problem with that. Here is the reward, 885 gold and the other stuff too. Oh, just a request. If you could spare some of those rabbit army of yours, the guild would love to have them as our staff. Don't worry, I'll be the one to convince the other staff. Besides, I'm planning to help you with your food lab in the near future. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Think about it. Well, take care now~!"

scriptor and Bielt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.