Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knowledge is power

Knowledge is power [Wise owl][Sweet Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    My first time participating in a raid... I was too excited.....
    Finally some action.... Uhm Better not let the blood rush to my head...

I entered the battlefield passing by a senior adventurer-san(don't know the name) heading back looking quite bruised, I tossed a health potion. Basic courtesy, Mom said. Master also said that he'll train me after this and that this is a sort of test for me.... I must give my best out here....

Just as I was thinking what to do, I noticed someone telling me to look at my right..... Looking at my right, I see a swarm of bugs heading towards me.Shit! [Flame], in a hurry I didn't control the output, this is bad...this is bad.... Shit gotta let loose. I threw the mass of flames gathered in my palm at the incoming swarm..... Boom explosion...None of the bugs came out.... Eh, explosion, how did that happen? Then I saw the same senpai who warned me of the swarm coming towards me.... Was the explosion done by senpai? So cool!

Senpai: Hey are you alright? What was that explosion? That wasn't some normal flame spell was it?
    Me: Eh? Me... me I'm fine....that explosion just now, I thought it was you....
    Senpai: Nonsense, I'm not a magician...... Well if you don't want to let me know its fine, see you later kid....
    Saying so Senpai sped off towards the other areas...

Explosion wasn't from senpai..... Then how did that happen.... It was then that I heard a voice in my head- New skill learnt [Flame compression]
    So that's what happened.... I compressed the flames and when it hit the target it caused an explosion..... Its much akin to a grenade..... By shaping the flames, I might be able form flame bombs...... Excited about this new prospect and wondering who the senpai was, I went around blasting the small mobs of bugs to smithereens....

To be continued................
    [OOC: Anyone who wants to be the cool senpai, the senior adventurer-san can do so. My first raid story..... Hope it was good enough]

Clown333, scriptor, Tang Tang and 9 others like this.
  2. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    As soon as Ruriha faced the treant, there was an undergoing change noticed on the massive beast.

The bark which served as an outer layer fell off bit by bit, revealing a new layer of lustrous, greenish scales that was vibrant in color. If one were to give an opinion, it would undoubtedly be called majestic. That heavily imposing image was coupled by a tremendous roar, encompassing the area up to the borders. As though it was a call from a mighty king, swarms of varying insects flew into vicinity.

The sight was simply beautiful, like mother nature interacting with its inhabitants. However, what comes next broke that completely.

The skin of the Treant teared off, and flesh like subtances oozed out from wherever it could come out of. Its luscious, glossy skin quickly decayed, dyeing the green with utter brown. Next, numerous bones emerge to form a skeletal armor.

As soon as that terrifying transformation concluded, its eyes met Ruriha.

Ruriha slightly withdrew himself, as he knew what would happen if he recklessly confront it. He didn't know what will happen if he does that. Currently, there are ones stuck to its implanted vines, and some trying to distract it even a little. Charging rashly as he did before would needlessly put those lives in danger, so he was troubled as to what is the best course of action.

While pondering these thoughts, the treant. Rather, the deviant made the first move. It seems like it had no intention to let Ruriha come up with a plan. It ran towards Ruriha at a slow pace, but one could feel the energy put behind was non-laughing matter.

Ruriha was going to make a dash to escape, but he remembered the young man that was in his back. He seemed to be on the verge of dying, but he was certainly alive. Ruriha wouldn't be able to justify it to himself if he were to abandon the man at this point. So, Ruriha widely opened in arms, as though he was trying to give the deviant a hug.

The treant continued its earth shattering dash. And then the two collide.

Ruriha was able to stop its momentum before it reached the sleeping adventurer. However, this comes with a risk. And it happened. The treant faced upwards, throwing Ruriha who was hugging it onto the air. Then it lightly elevated its massive body, and chomped on Ruriha's upper part, scattering his innards everywhere, and also making a short downpour of blood. Without gnawing him, the monster gulped Ruriha down in one stroke. The lower part that was left aside promptly fell into the ground.

Current Condition:
    • Ruriha is eaten, and is incapacitated again until 5th post.
    • Due to the massive intake of poisonous delicious bread, Ruriha's blood is abnormally high in both acidity and toxicity. His body was temporarily incorporated with the treant, making the monster highly poisonous as well. Since it is immune to poison, it should not hinder its movements whatsoever. This lasts until Ruriha is vomitted.

3. Totally Not A Clone

Totally Not A Clone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was trying to distract the Dragon Treat nya, it was going well nya! Until... I'm out of flying serpents to shoot nya!!!!

I tried looking for some more food for it nya, but it seemed to find another source nearby nya... The bread saiyan nya! Go away nya!!!

He withstood the blow, was hit and eaten... Hey... You didn't really die, did you? You're still alive, aren't you nya?

I heard the munching sounds... The dragon treant was still hungry... It just ate the bread saiyan nya... Screw you! You evil saiyan eater!!!

I rushed towards the dragon treant without thinking much nya! I started throwing lots of ice spikes towards it nya! It seemed really angry nya! It came towards me nya!

I made a big sword out of ice and slided below it, thrusting the sword and sliding as much as I could with it until it broke nya nya, I could feel my skin almost burning nya, it seems to be emanating heat nya... Is that why it got so angry with ice attacks nya?

I got away and the dragon treant seemed even more angry nya, the sword that was thrust in it melted nya!!! And it came near me again nya!

I jumped sidewards to avoid it, while making a big ice warhammer nya, then I started smacking its head nya! Over and over again nya! It seems to be really hurt by that nya!

I dodged one, two, three, four, nya!!! A tail swap hit me nya... I flew far and... It was hurting nya... I think I broke a few bones nya... And the dragon treant seems really angry after all those hits nya...

It's coming near... Am I going to be eaten as well nya? At least I made a hole on it nya...

OOC: Alice is too hurt to move, the dragon treant is rushing on her direction to eat, it was somewhat hurt by Alice's attacks with an ice sword, ice spikes and the ice warhammer.

4. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    I look towards my right and see the Treant going after Alice. It seems like it got mad at her smacking it on the head... crazy cat. Seems like she's going to get eaten just like Ruriha. Better go and help her! "I'm coming Alice! Skeletons, go be cannon fodder and distract it, even if a little!" The skeletons rush forward and are getting stepped on. Attacks barely having any effect.

"Now's my chance!" I cast Hardening and Reinforcement on myself and charge towards Alice. I see some giant insects trying to go and get her. "Oh no you don't!" I slash the insect in half and grab it. I then toss it into another insect, smashing it's organs. I keep slashing at them while running towards Alice.

As soon as I saw Alice I was shocked. Some of her bones on her arms were broken by what it seemed. When I looked closer, she was clutching her chest. Probably the tail swipe broke some of her bones in her rib cage. "Don't worry, I got you. I'll get you somewhere safe and sound. Only thing that's safe should be...retreating." I get my skeletons to form a brace and a stretcher. "Don't move, my skeletons will bring you back to safety. After this is done, you'll have someone to come heal you."

I see Alice looking at me mumbling something in the distance as I turn back and go distract the treant. Most of my skeletons were stomped to death so I summoned more. "I didn't think my skeletons would get killed that quickly. Thank god I got to Alice in time. Now.... you ate my friend. That... makes me mad!" I cast weaken and decrepify and dodge some of the vines that are trying to get me. Due to them being slowed, it was easier to dodge them. I then cut some of the vines and got back to my comrades.

"Phew... I'm back." I see the others are too preoccupied and maintain my stance towards the treant. I've got to keep distracting it, or else... no, we will distract it!

OOC: @Totally Not A Clone You did good in hurting the treant. Hope I helped.

5. Totally Not A Clone

Totally Not A Clone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was saved by the necromancer nya, it surely helped nya...

I tried thanking him, but just trying to speak gave me many pains nya... I guess I'm out until a healer gets to me nya... We still need to get rid of it though nya...

Since I'm going out already, might as well go out with a blast nya! I concentrated my mana on and sent it all to make lots and lots of ice arrows nya. Lots and lots of them!

I prepared the arrows, aimed at the dragon treant that was fighting with Raz and though... Fire!!!!!!

The arrows flew out and I could see them piercing the monster from various angles nya! Way more than I expected nya... Did it receive another debuff nya? It seemed to receive lots of damage nya!

I felt some pain again when trying to move and see what was happening better nya, it hurts nya... My eyes feel drowsy nya... I just hope we bothered it enough to give time to Dancchi to discover what she needs to save the fox nya...

After that, out of mana and with some severe wounds, I fainted while looking at the scene... They'd better be well nya...

6. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Using Soup's own energy lines, I sense Rachii starting to steal it's territory, and the Confusion in his monsters...

Soup's must be organizing his priorities, so I must sure to gather even more of his attention.

I start to put more force into the lines, and instead of just corruption the power in it, I start to corrupt the lines themselves.

Soup let out a Howl, he tries to cut out the lines, but sending our chaos energy through the lines in his and the side dishes direction, I expand my control in a greater area, and forcefully stop his attempt to cut the lines off...

I send a telepathic menssage to him and his monsters.

Biel: {Hey Turtle Soup! How it feels to have yours and yours Side-dishes energy lines corrupted and be so useless you can't do anything against it?}

Soup and his Side-dishes let a angry Howl, in which I can feel their rage and killing intent from here...

Giggling I send them a present, a powerful wave of destructive chaos energy through the energy lines...

Once again I can hear their howls but now they are clearly mixed with pain and agony.....

Taking the opportunity now that monsters are getting even more confused, and Soup's control wavered because of the pain...

I use mind magic and Howl.

Biel: {come at me you bunch of useless flowers!}

Soon hordes and more hordes of enemies start to come our way...

Taking in accounting that they can also feel Soup's desire to kill me, few hesitate...
    And only the ones fighting or that have a strong will Don't come...

Biel: "Hii~ I think that I may have lured most of the monsters toward us... *Giggle*

Let's make some good dishes out of them~
    *Giggle*"

@brasca123 @LittleFox21 @A5G_Reaper @shad12ow

(( Rea I think I managed to make a good distraction~
    Go on and steal this Turtle soup territory!
    ;3. ))

OOC: Turtle Soup and it's Side-dishes received Heavy Damage.

Boss mobs are enraged.

The raid Aggro is now focused mainly on Biel.

Hordes of Monsters and some Mini-bosses are heading to Biel's location.

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mama... I... I'll do my best!"

Honestly... The amount of enemies was so big that I could know they were coming while they were still kilometers away, the Mana signature was just too big for me to not feel it.

Well... I will try my best, I prepared myself and waited until the hordes came into range... Didn't need to wait much.

Far more enemies than I could count started to get near us, pretty much all types of enemies that Morian could send... *deep breath* I can do this, Mama is trusting me to do it.

I stomped my left foot on the ground and made the first circle.

"Gravity, hear my call, mow them down, don't let any of them move further! Gravity Press!"

They stopped, the stronger ones tried to move somehow, but they were all stopped, even the dragons fell on the ground with it. I stomped my right foot.

"Flames of the heavens, hear my call, burn all of those hellish beings, let them face judgement in the face of my wrath! Purifying Flames!"

They burnt, all of them, they tried to get away, but the gravity wouldn't let them, they all burned to death, I stopped them both and started to convert my Chaos Energy into Mana... More of them, guess I won't have this much free time...

I turned the Mana absorption mechanism of my dress, I had to corrupt, alter, destroy and absorb while restructuring the Mana of the surroundings due to the excess of Morian's aura on it, but... I could do it, even while making the magic circles at this quick pace, I could do it.

"Gravity Press! Purifying Flames!"

They kept on dying, and I kept on burning them... Truly, this consumes way too much Mana... I'll keep this for as long as I can, but... Even with the help of Mama's spells draining their life and sending lightning, I don't think I can stop them all... At least not forever.

OOC: Hikari is repeatedly crushing with gravity and burning everything on her surroundings right now, don't enter the area of the AoE. It is also being afflicted by Mama's lightnings and life drain. Hikari's spells will last for 10 posts until she runs out of Mana.

@HOMOSENSEI hey, 5 posts!

8. Tang Tang

Tang Tang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We decided moving to camp B sensing the battle nearing it's climax. I'm proposing to make full use my glyph maker skill at camp B.
    An explosion happen near me almost burn my side. "What The...?!" I yelled to an adventurer who look like me, a first timer..

Me: Hey are you alright? What was that explosion? That wasn't some normal flame spell was it?
    Newbie: Eh? Me... me I'm fine....that explosion just now, I thought it was you....
    Me: Nonsense, I'm not a magician...... Well if you don't want to let me know its fine, see you later kid....
    Saying so I sped off towards the other areas...

But, I run back to him to helping him help his nervousness.
    Me: hey kid, I will give you something special. Hold your head still.
    Newbie: uh-huh..
    I take my paintbrush and skillfully drawing [focus glyph] on his forehead.
    Me: this will help you focus your mind. Good luck kid! I'm Dayuh by the way.
    Then we continue going to camp B. While killing more bugs on the way~

At the camp B, Leader Knight told us to rest. Looking for good spot where most adventurer gather, I shout to then "anyone that need buff I can give him/her my glyph drawing!"
    Then I began busying my self drawing glyph to fellow adventurer.

ooc: 10 people can get my free of service glyph. Glyph effects For next 2 post only as it drying fast. Likewise for @Knowledge is power.
    Choose one between strength, flexibility, or focus glyph.
    Look at my signature for the effect.
    - Strenght Glyph: Make user have increased strenght, the efect is localized on body part that painted with the glyph.
    - Flexibility Glyph: Make user have increased flexibility, the efect is localized on body part that painted with the glyph.
    - Focus Glyph: Make user have more calm mind. some case it can prevent confusion state, it can help mage tremendously on meditating regenerate mana, and making him/her harder to get distracted when casting magic

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  9. LittleFox21

LittleFox21 The Soon-to-be famous Nyatsune

Reading List:
    Link
    say what!? Ruriha ( @HOMOSENSEI ) swallowed by that treant dragon under my watch!?
    UNFORGIVABLE.

[javelin]
    [javelin][javelin][javelin][javelin][javelin][javelin][javelin][javelin][javelin][javelin]
    NOT NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH!! I'LL CUT YOUR GUT!!
    [kikyou][kikyou][kikyou][kikyou][kikyou][kikyou][kikyou][kikyou][kikyou][kikyou]

still advancing?
    huh? arrows and ice lances?
    i see, Alice ( @Totally Not A Clone ) struck it plenty of times.
    ah, she's fainted, deri.
    but Raz ( @ViceGunman ) was beside her so i don't need to worry too much.

now, this treant dragon has lost most of its lower body.
    especially the stomach.
    now to extract Ruriha...
    Midori, help me.
    "y-yes! i'll do my best!"

with Midori's greater life line surgery i had better chance to separate both of them from the deviant's possession, safely cutting their entangled life lines.
    of course, i did it while activating my speed buffs to the maximum, deri.
    in my mind, all the process took about half an hour or more, deri.
    but to the surrounding, it may take less than 5 minutes, deriyo.

and there... i saved Ruriha, deri.

i was going to pull Ton out of that corpse as well, but...
    the line entanglement got worse right after i pulled Ruriha out, deri.
    we lost the moment, deri.

i could only pull Ruriha, Ton's life line was entwined further than before.
    it was too complicated for both me and Midori to perform an emergency life line surgery.
    not with our stamina drained by our hyper accelerated state.

ooc: saved @HOMOSENSEI and took him to camp A.

10. ExitedDeviljho

ExitedDeviljho ✮[Carm & Blanc's Lil'Bro] [ Siostar's]✮

Reading List:
    Link
    Just how long have I sleep ....?
    I woke up in one of the tent in safe area.It's look like I was fainted after throwing a bomb into a treant.

Maybe Monti or Razer carried me here.....come to think of it where are they ?,Carm is in one of the tent still sleeping,but I can't find Razer anywhere......Razer was completely deceived me for the charity service today....maybe I will tie him up and throw him into a lake in the middle of night.....yup let's do that after all of this over.

But now I need to get back to the place where the Zombie dragon is fight again....somehow I got weird feeling when I see and hear it roar......It's as if I feel familiar with that thing.....just what is that ?

I return to where Carm rest is and heal him before I go.
    After done healing him I packing my belonging and once again head into the battlefield.
    On the way there,I noticed the strange behaviour of the monster,it's as if they are focused and heading somewhere.They even doesn't noticed me.I use this change to kill some of them while heading to the Zombie dragon place.

Not Long After that im finally arrived at the Battlefield .Looks like everyone successfully delivering some damage into the Dragon and Because of danchii attack ,the dragon already lost most of it lower body.
    yup,I can’t just standing here doing nothing.i Pull out My sword from my item box and enchant it with holy properties and Pour my magic into my sword to make it Sharper.
    Then I draw some mana from my necklace and made two layer barrier on my shield One layer was for slowing and absorbing the impact and one again was for Deflected the attack……

I rushed into the dragon and started to attack it with my sword while shot my holy bolt at it.
    The dragon noticed me and started to attack me with it’s claw.i immediately dodge it but the claw still hit my barrier shatter the first layer and cracked the second.

Che this is really hard……. I take some distance from the dragon and continuously Shot it with my holy bolt.....my head laready feel hurt from the excessive use of mana...If there was no help from the dark moon necklace maybe im already fainted...but still I kept shooting my holy bolt at it....

11. Clown333

Clown333 「Altiora Petamus Volente Deo Lucete Stellae」

Reading List:
    Link
    "Haa...."

*Stomp!!

Shit. The bloody hell the situation I stumbled upon, isn't it?

*Stomp!!

Run!!!

"Ha! Ha! Ha! Gahha!!"

After hiding behind the trees, Crowen is running from the undoubtedly high ranked monsters which is just got summoned by Morian. Spending his breath on his body. Increasing toll on his stamina for each leap he taken. A run for survival.

The battle has dragged to the half past of this day, leaving adventurers to slaughter all monsters which is trying to attack the encampment. Bombardments launched piercing through the body of the monsters, leaving their nothing but corpses. Yet alas...

*Gulp!!

Those monstrosities just eat them. Eviscerate them until their bodies splattered into pieces. No life, just bones and flesh in a lump more or less. Eat. Left. Nothing pretty much different once you die. Exemplary, the dragon looking evolved treant just did that. Breathing acidic or poisonous, or maybe both, to the adventurers.

"No...." he said.

Adventurers he was, but he couldn't do much against. Cowering is the almost thing he can do.

But that is until he reached the safe line. The artillery range. The field where the adventurers battled the monsters.

Indeed. It was his fellow adventurers and the artillery that have saved his life. If not because of them, maybe he had found his way to his grave now. No, in the gutter of one of those monstrosity perhaps. Tortured inside acidic and poison pool and digested on the process.

In short, he owed them his live. His everything.

And now that he is in their debt. What he should do now,

is pay.

The obvious thing. Like anyone would and mostly obliged to do. Repay the favor, return the kindness. Price for living to the another day is more than gold. Jewels and artifacts, well, except artifacts or some precarious items of power that may brought one back to the ranks of the living, is nothing.

Death, is more like boring. While life, is mysterious. Holds many kind of untold or fateful events.

To live is to witness. And to die, is to keep the testimony to your grave. The thing that we human saw, is the fire, the life. It's all.

Well, how is to exactly, to bear witness to the call? To honor?

"Only draw. And release" , that is the only thing he knew. And he is good at that. As he says those words, he was already pulling his lumiscient-like bowstrings, and taken aim to the monsters horde.

So, either way, it is the road of carnage. And so it will be. But, if luck didn't falls too hard, maybe, with the help of the artillery shots, and hands by his fellow adventurers, killing some monsters would be not too scary any more.

Says,

he could even slays dragons by now.

And, at that time, hundreds of light like arrows are flying like soaring birds. Struck hard into the body of the monsters alike to knight impaling his enemies. Stabbing. They fell between the excruciating pain, and the screech they made themselves.
    [OOC] Pardon for my writings lacks of details. It's practically midnight here, so, I'm a bit off already. My apologies [OOC]

12. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    - Present -

ROAR!

Step-by-step the Deviant's strength was dwindling, the loss of its hind legs and tail caused it to struggle in order to maintain its balance.

It tried recovering to little avail, its gut wound refused to close. Finally noticing the absence of consumables within its proximity, the realisation that it was cornered finally dawned. That fox-kin was a menace.

- Earlier -

While it was distracted by Choco and Ruriha, the able-bodied mercenaries cleared away the field of corpses while Carm and the fledgling adventurers baited the insects away. Under the collaborative efforts of Balthy's undead hoard and Shadow's bombardment, most of the other A-ranked monsters were kept at bay, luckily the pressure was lessened after Biel's aggressive call. Thanks to their efforts, the constant supply of corpses was cut, halting the Deviant's recovery.

- Present -

The lizardmen, adventurers and mercenaries weren't enough, it was still starving.

Although consuming the poisonous Ruriha caused no detrimental effects, the Deviant started to strangely secret an abnormal substances that smelt of bread. Unhindered by this new trait the Deviant chose to ignore it and searched for more prey.

Noticing a high concentration of activities focus at point B, the Deviant ignored the small hindrances and sped off.

Unable to completely shrug off Biel's hexes, the Deviant succumbed to a moment of weakness and toppled over onto a pile of discarded weapons.

KABOOM!

Landing on the pile of weapons somehow caused a massive pillar of fire to erupt. Immediately setting it ablaze, the fire then shockingly caused a chemical reaction with the bread smelling secretion setting off a chain explosion. The pain was further elevated in the areas where Sin had attacked it earlier with his Holy attacks.

For some unknown reason the crushed weapons were defective goods which had no safety switches, these overheated Mana Shooters were then just reckless thrown away. (1)

RUMPLE! BANG! BOOM!

Completely enraged the Deviant failed to notice Raz's skeletons, instead of dealing with these tiny things it made a mad rush towards the camp. Unfortunately while rushing forward, these skeletons got caught on and forced into the Deviant's gut wound, causing the enraged Deviant to get maddened further.

Approaching the camp, the ground below it started to shift.

- Earlier -

While being preoccupied with saving Alice and getting chased by the swarm of insects, Carm failed to noticed that he had multiple Giant Death Worms pursuing him underneath.

- Present -

With those passages so close to the surface, the shear weight of the Deviant forced the ground to collapse causing its right fore claw to sink in and get fixed into place. Unable to stop its momentum, the fore claw was torn from its forearm.

With both forearms now rendered useless, its other arm was partially blown apart by Millie's use of Taka's cannon and frozen stiff by Alice's focused ice spears, now forced to completely slither, it continued its reckless charge. Almost reaching the camp, it leapt.

THUD!

Expecting a bloodbath it was instead shocked, it could only stared in awe at the cannons pointed at its face.

It turns out that the shots made by Kroenen not only blinded one of its eyes, but it also ruined its depth perception causing it to jump ahead of time. With only one eye to trick, Drevart raised the illusionary image of a defenceless camp to draw the Deviant in.

Drevart gave the cloaked man by the cannons a thumbs up, signalling to the shadowy figure that the show was over. The figure raised one of his arms.

"May this satisfy your hunger and put you to rest."

The Deviant opened its jaws sending out a final war cry.

The figure dropped his arm the cannons howled, the sky was dyed in an orange tint as the curtains were finally dropped.

"C'est la vie"

-

Some cried out of joy, others weeped in sorrow, some have gained while many have lost.

As mesmerising as the victory was, surprisingly, the scene that everyone recalled that day was of an angry Dancchi chasing down a stark naked chibi-fox who streaking across the blood encrusted battlefield.

(1) [OOC:] cough, I wonder who's been selling these overpriced defective goods

13. Zerith

Zerith [Clumsy Librarian][Blanc's and Jibs' Mage]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m …healed….Oh, grandmother on heaven, little Elyn survived…For now, at least. And it is all thanks to Ms. Dancchi and her healing ability. But…why did she have to force Mr. Rald to stick to me!? I-I-It was so embarrassing! But….I guess that is to make her spell worked better. I’m happy that she also healed Mr. Rald too. I owed both of them so much.

I then moved my already healed arms and legs. They are pretty good, just still tired and a bit dizzy. Probably from the amount of blood I’ve just lost. I’m still able to fight though. Huh? Why keep fighting? The least I could do after being healed by her is continued to help the other as best as I could.

After closing my eyes a bit, I felt the mana around me circulating a bit sluggishly, probably due to the accumulating fatigue. I pushed my mana to circulate and then found my grimoire is still inside the rubble. I concentrated on it and made the grimoire floated and flew to my hand. Aside from the dust and dirt, the grimoire is still in a good condition. I then kept the grimoire floated next to me, ready to be used as soon as I need them.

My eyes then moved onto the surrounding place. The area is…in one word, terrible. Trees uprooted, rocks and boulders cracked and split open. Corpses after corpses littered the place. And their condition….horrible. It was the most horrible scene I ever seen in my whole life. This is the battlefield. I have just reminded of that fact again.

“War is sweet to those who have never experienced it.”

It is anything but sweet to us who participated in it. Bitter and painful. Scary and horrifying. No word is enough to completely depict the horrible thing we experience in a war. I can assure you of that fact.

Then my eyes moved to the armored man @seriouslynope . He just stayed still without doing anything. The more I see him in battle, the more determined I am to make myself stronger. If this strong and experienced man is only C-rank, then I am very, very far away from even able to fight together with the others in the Guild. I want to stand together with them. To fight side by side with them.

A slight clanking sound came from him and I could feel a strong fighting will from him. He then moved toward the place where the big battle is happening. I slapped my cheeks once again and then floated behind him, ready to give him support when needed.

14. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruriha woke up with the blissful embrace of something, which he didn't expect to feel while being inside a monster's stomach. He knew he was going to end up in there somehow, and use his immortality to gain the upperhand, by impulsively getting himself eaten and launch a strike from within when he has fully recovered.

But it seems that was not the case. He felt a soft sensation caressing his body, instead of a painful and bubbly pain that you would normally feel by being in contact with an acid.

Finally, Ruriha decided to open his eyes. He was at a completely different place than he had expected. He looked around in wonder, and saw that he was alone in the tent.

Ruriha sat motionlessly, trying to think of what happened after he got eaten. But no matter how hard he tried to rack his brain to come up with an answer, nothing was recalled. But still, that wasn't enough to settle his anger for the bread that was destroyed by that spiteful treant. He needs to get revenge.

However, as soon as he stood up, a soft and delicate aroma wafted through his nose. The beautiful fragrance made his senses soften and his rage to subside.

After looking for the origin of that smell, what he found was a mountain pile of treasure.

Ruriha remembered that he ransacked the tents before facing the monster, and after it got destroyed, he was so sure that there was nothing left. He slowly went near it, not being able to believe his eyes.

"...bread."

15. nguuuquaaa

nguuuquaaa 『Grade SSS Hentai Genius Supervert』

Reading List:
    Link
    - Hey Razer. ( @fuzor100 )
    - Yeah. (Razer)
    - That.... thing is what I supposed to help you defeat, right?
    - Yeah. (Razer)
    - Isn't everyone currently pushing it to the limit?
    - Yeah. (Razer)
    - Something blows up under its leg.
    - Yeah. (Razer)
    - Oh, it falls.
    - Yeah. (Razer)
    - Even our boss ( @shad12ow ) joins in the fight.
    - Yeah. (Razer)
    - ........It's dead now.
    - Yeah. No. It has always been dead. Call it annihilation. (Razer)
    - ........Your tsukkomi is getting weaker.
    - ........Do you think running the hell out my life to escape that, then getting blown away by you, then dashing back to the camp only to find it helplessly sacrifice itself to the unexpected booby traps is good for my mental? (Razer)
    - Um...... yes?
    - ........ (Razer)
    - ........ ( @Monti )

The three of us stands still to watch the extraordinary development in front of our eyes.

scriptor, AliceShiki, Zek and 11 others like this.
  16. Kroenen

Kroenen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kroenen has made up his mind. After this battle he’ll ask the guild master for access to a workshop, and there he’ll make himself a gun. He really is in need of a bigass gun; a 4-bore stopping rifle would do until he gets enough resource for smokeless propellant, then he’d have his fun with more efficient firearms. No such thing as ‘too much firepower’.

This decision was borne of the fact that what he has at the moment is just not enough. While 45-70 is not a slouch of an ammunition, building size creatures such as the plant like dragon in front of him at this very moment can’t be compared to grizzlies which that round can take on reliably. The thing was falling, dead. Not by his doing no, such notion would be ridiculous since all that his effort amount to was an eye.

He loaded two fresh rounds on his hulking pistol and put it back in its holster, he then took out a curved single edged sword that has a knuckle guard on the hilt. Swordsmanship was considered to be an obsolete way of fighting wars back from where the black suited man came from, it was reduced into a form of sport that doesn’t take into account martially viable tactics and philosophy. Guns and machinery are the most efficient way of killing for a lot of people back home but Kroenen knows that it’s not the absolute truth, having been sent in missions on places where people still live and die by the sword, there he learned that a gun won’t always be enough to save you which is what drove him to learn the sword. Fencing, its original meaning indicates defending against a sword with your own, now the word means a sport that has nothing to do with fighting with actual sword so he learned fencing as it was intended, the use of sabre, backsword, broadsword, rapier and bayonet to defend your life. He skipped on the smallsword, the thing is a dueling and civilian self defense weapon and there are better options to such context such as pistol and knives, both are implements he is very comfortable with.

There Kroenen stood at the edge of the clearing, tapping his shoulder with the back of his blade while whistling a tune muffled by the gasmask he's wearing.

scriptor, Nurman, AliceShiki and 6 others like this.
  17. Drevart

Drevart [Eternal illusion][Tea lover][MC RLOAT]

Reading List:
    Link
    After releasing an illusion of the camp I went back in the tent of mine and exhausted flopped on the floor.
    "Haaa~ I'm tired... and want some tea... Ordinary tea... But I'm too tired to go to the kitchen..." After that I fell asleep and when I woken up half an hour later I regenerated 1/3 of my mana...
    "Hmm... something strange... I feel as I forgot something important... It seems I had a dream... Nah, can't remember no matter how hard I try. It's really strange. *Yawn* Ah, doesn't matter. I think I will go fetch some tea for a drink."
    When I went out of the tent I saw many people cheering and some people drinking alcohol to release their sorrow. I Didn't feel anything from this scene. I saw something similar at home except there were no cheering or happy smiles at that time. Now I feel only the urge to become stronger, much stronger so strong that I can wipe out entire country I need such power to get my revenge. But this doesn't matter right now. At this moment I just want some tea. I expelled dark thoughts about my past and revenge from my mind and continued my trip towards the kitchen.
    Occasionally I would congratulate some people for their success and when someone would congratulate me I would just smile and say thanks... That's my natural way to respond to such statements. After I went in the kitchen tent I saw there @HOMOSENSEI . Looks like he is looking for some bread here. Strange didn't someone carried all the bread to his tent? I walked past him and made some tea. After that I went out from the kitchen and leaned on the nearby table and started slowly drinking tea from the cup while looking up to the sky and reminiscing about the past.

[OOC: Hope not too much off-topic, If something wrong contact me in the tavern I'll edit it]

Clown333, scriptor, Nurman and 6 others like this.
  18. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Noticing Hikari's Mana exhaust, and more and more hordes of Monsters coming our way, I start to to alter the energy I am sending to Hikari to make it more similar to mana, to facilitate for her to convert it to mana...

Biel: "Hii wonderful job~"

Messing with her hair o give her a bright smile.

Biel: "your mana is getting empty, so switch with me, Resting and recovering your mana is also the obligation of a mage...

And it's something I want you to get used to.
    Because it's the proper thing for a magic user in a prolonged battle,
    To never totally exhaust his mana.
    So don't worry, just rest and slowly gain more experience in battles.

Your worked good, and I am counting on you for when your mana pool is full again."

I give her a motherly kiss on her forehead, and them look at the monsters being killed by our magics...

Altering a bit my magic I direct half of the life force of the dead monsters to Hikari to heal and remove her fatigue...

And them start to cast spells...
    {Unworldly Sounds} {Chaotic Wave} {Gravity Field} {Essence Destruction}

Waves of wierld and strange high pitched sounds echo through the area which previously was hit by Hikari's magic, making the monsters bleed from their eyes, ears, mouthes and noses... their internal organs bursting under a strange resonance.....

Waves of pure chaotic energy hit them, freezing, burning, crushing or simply destructing them...

A incessant field of gravity force the living into the ground making them unable to move or even smashing them like balloons filled with blood...

And chaotic energy rush out severing the connection between their bodies, minds and souls...

@shad12ow @brasca123 @LittleFox21

OOC: More AoE magic around me and Hikari, until Hikari's Mana pool is full again...

Don't enter unless you have a death wish XD

Clown333, scriptor, Nurman and 9 others like this.
  19. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To start the battle she draw a half circle on the ground with her Dao, for first time in a long while, she pour 1/3 of her mana from the mana pool in the Dao. It created an icefield starting from the ground her Dao touched, and just spreads out for 200m like a fan. It caused the weak monsters to froze completely, while strong ones go slower, don't miss the chance the Bladedancer started the real dance............
    ---------------------------
    What she did, wasn't anything like rushing into a crowd of monster to behead them with a single strake, even she know is impossible for her. What she did was to start a skill from the Blood Sword and Scarf set.
    The user will enter a state of semi Madness.
    The user will receive massive bonus in every stats:
    Strength, speed, agility, dexterity, magic damage, mana, damage resistance...

But the user can't stop until all the enemies are dead or out of reach....
    (Won't attack allies)
    A skill that make the user stronger, and also bring out the user’s true potential out. However the user will also enter in a semi-madness, it's mean the user will probably attack aggressively at every enemy, the user see until there is no more. That was how the Bladedancer Xio, understood how the skill work from Biel(@Bielt), as she will test it for first time now.

A darkblue aura cover the Bladedancer, as one sword light up in a iceblue color, while the other in a bloodred. Around Xio, a blizzard like whirlwind began to surround her, it was as if the blizzard was a part of her.

With a face looking as cold as ice, she swing her sword for the kill. The sound of slashing, the sound of monster roar and the sound of the tranquil bell, was nothing but music to the dancer’s ears. A dancing of art colored in white and red, a picture of a fearful yet beautiful art, she draw a battle of grace and dreadfulness with the swords she holds.

Has seen the deadly power she hold, every monster began to retreat, afraid to end up like their dead kin. Normally by now the Bladedancer will has stopped by now, and gone to return to her party(@Chimpkongzee @FuRen), however the skill effect of Bedevilment wouldn't let her stop.

So she run. She runned after every monster she could find, with many ice bolts made of the same mystery energy before, they floating behind her ready to kill a monster from a long distance. It wasn't until she couldn't find a monster anymore, that she returned to normal, and go back to the cave.

What she didn't know, was the fact a Earth Dragon has entered the cave, while she was gone for monster hunting.

OOC: if she too up, let's just say that Biel's debuff helped a lot.

20. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh, that damn cat-girl using such a dangerous method of preventing me dying. She could've just brought me to a healer, or rather, I could've healed myself. Well, I guess I only got myself to blame. Next time I guess I need to bring some bug-repellant. Sitting up and stretching myself I began to feel my grasp on my strength, if I had enough, I would join in on the fight, if I didn't well, I guess I would go around and heal people.

I wonder what day it is? I lost track of time, maybe I should focus on healing more than what's happening around me. While I had such solemn thoughts I looked around to find anything I could help with, going as far as to take off my armor, though I kept my mace on my belt, so that it wouldn't hinder me in moving around and helping people.

That in hindsight, was probably not my best decision. Going around healing drains my stamina, not my mana since I process that special condition, so largely what was happening did not affect me. I guess in hindsight draining my stamina to the upmost isn't exactly the best idea in a battlefield, but still, I tried to help when I could.

As I was walking to the next wounded I witness a gore-filled scene. A man who had his arm chopped off was whimpering in pain, I walked towards the man expecting to heal him with the last bit of my stamina. Only to watch him get devoured by the ground. Wait, that wasn't right. Only to witness him get eaten by a worm, a giant death worm I presume.

I quickly took out my mace, although I fumbled for a bit with it, I managed to smash the worm dead, leaving behind nothing but a dead man inside a dead worm. That had really taken up the last of my strength so I had collapsed. My back on the grass, I witnessed the scenes unfolding. A mother and daughter duo destroying everything in their wake. A bladedancer who managed to scare off the beasts. A man, wielding duel guns blasting monsters with inelegance, just like thee art was originally. I contemplated my faults and sighed. This world really was too cruel.

How much time had passed since I fell on my back? Who knows? I just sat there idly as the world shook from the battles at hand. Wait that wasn't right. Even with the power and intensity of the current battles I should be out of range of the attacks and their aftershocks. Then I looked back at the giant death worm and opened my eyes wide. Quickly springing forward I dodged the ruthless bite of one of its comrades. Seeing it fail the worm quickly dug back into the ground. Damn it! I was still tired, incapacitated, armor less, and I couldn't even tell how many enemies were at hand.

Quickly jumping back as I felt the ground before me shook and a giant death worm's head came out once more, I didn't hold anything back and quickly, mercilessly, slammed down my mace on its head. Two down, but I wondered how many were there, and if my stamina could actually keep up with them.

Those thoughts were interrupted as I felt the ground shook once more, and again I jumped back, but when I landed on the ground I felt that shook as well. Startled over the fact, I fell over. Luckily that worked in my favor, for if I tried to stand there, I almost certainly would've been eaten alive. Rolling away, I forced myself to look up at them once more. Who knows how many there were, all I knew was that I was screwed.
    A devil appeared in the eyes of the giant death worms. At first the prey looked to be an easy target, yet no matter how tired he, it was, it would never go down. It mercilessly slaughtered its brethren despite having an apathetic face. And coldly, cruelly laughed at them. At itself. As it continued it's massacre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.