Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Verdant Forest - #SE1 - E-Ranked – Slay 10 Forest Goblins [ 80 G ]
    ===================================================
    Welcome back Leyta-kun, good to see you're well!

Seems like your way of getting stronger is quite convenient! Good luck with it then! Hopefully it can help you get even better!

Your reward from this quest will be of 80G, take care now!

Oh, and no need to call me receptionist-san, just Hikari or Hikari-chan is fine, I said I wanted to be good friends, didn't I?

2. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Orcs [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 100 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE6 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 10 Lizardmen [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 8 Rampaging Rhinos [ 80 G ]

Walking down the plains I witnessed the winds pushing against the sea of grass causing them ripple as if they were waves in an ocean. Despite this breathtaking view, I felt nothing, nothing at all. No awe was given; no splendor was seen in my eyes. All that I thought was that it would be windy today, nothing more.

'The Great Plains certainly deserved its name' was perhaps the only idle thought I had as I traversed the expansive terrain. Slowly waving through the knee-high grass, I searched for my targets, my bounty, my stress relief. I didn’t have to search for long, the benefits of a completely flat terrain I guess, you can see for miles to come.

I watched as the orcs loudly munch on a still live bison, ripping off its leg and slowly savoring and chewing it. This gore filled scene would probably cause the faint of heart to throw up, or at least, that is what I presumed, after all, I don’t really interact with much people other than myself.

So I got down into a crawl, and slowly inched towards them, a consequence of the grassland I guess would be that you can see for miles. What? Didn’t I just say that this was a benefit? It’s both, as seeing for miles to come, you seem to think that you can see any threat that comes, and as such you have a false sense of security, and have less of a guard up. After all, with my clunky armor and large frame, even in the deep grass people would be able to notice me.

Slowly crawling towards the orcs, I regretted not bringing Lucky with me, as he could ease the boredom. Well it’s probably for the best that I left him with my sister. Whilst thinking such idle thoughts, I finally arrived to the orc’s current encampment. They numbered 20 in total, by my quick count. Though I could be wrong, after all right now I’m experiencing an adrenaline rush, so side effects of such a phenomenon could be impaired thinking, then again, impaired thinking isn’t anything new to me.

As soon as I was behind one of them I jumped out of the brushes and slammed down on the orc’s head, smashing it to pieces and splattering its flesh and blood across the land. Not minding this I quickly moved to kill the others before they could react. One of them was still in the middle of savoring the earlier mentioned bison and was completely flustered by this unexpected occurrence, taking advantage of this; I did it in like its brother. Though the easy part was now over, the other 18 orcs were now armed, and were all running at me with rage.

With their clubs in hand they slammed down at my person, I just barely rolled out of the way. When I looked up I tried to quickly assess which ones posed the greatest danger, two of them held actual swords, so in my opinion were the scariest as that implied that they killed other people, the rest just had regular wooden clubs, though one of them was actually weaponless and had just decided to wield one of the bison corpses.

Quickly dodging their continuous attacks, I aimed my mace at the back of one of the swordsmen’s knees, causing it to topple over. Of course I was also subjected to the attacks of the other orcs, but luckily due to their size, they couldn’t all pile up on me and could at most three orcs could attack me without running the risk of friendly fire. Now that one of the three was down, I blocked the other two with my shield and quickly followed up by smashing the orc’s head that was on the floor.

Splaying the blood, I quickly ran up to the two orcs that I had just blocked and swiftly bashed my shield at one of them, causing it to topple like its companion. Not missing this chance either, I splattered its brain as well.

Looking up I continued my assault. Blocking, bashing, and finally smashing the orcs until their number was only but one. I analyzed the remaining orc, the one without a weapon, the one who wielded the bison corpse. Walking up to it, I smashed its head in as well, at that time I wondered why that this one didn’t resist, and then I looked down at its scantily clad private area and noticed a puddle under it. Huh, so it was scared of me.

Walking away from the now destitute camp I looked in search for the next victims of my list. I just didn’t expect for them to find me. Quickly out of the bushes came out 17 odd Kobolds, did their dog nose smell the blood and they came to investigate it? I wondered, well not matter, less work for me.

Quickly leaping to the closest one, while I still had the advantage of initiative, I killed the leading kobold. The others, in a rage from losing their pack member I presume, all leaped at me, with their fangs bared.

Biting at me, they continued their endless assault, although humans are technically born to have outstanding stamina, after all that is how we originally hunted, no one would be able to hold on for that long under the constant assault of 16 mad dogs. Quickly smashing in their heads one after another I felt some of my blood began to trickle down my right arm and both of my legs. They had succeeded in biting through my armor, in injuring me.

I jumped back to distance myself from them, quickly discerning my fresh wounds. Just a couple of bites, nothing serious, I shouldn’t use my healing skill for this, not unless I really need it. Telling myself that I quickly recounted the number I faced, while under that assault I was able to reduce their advantage of 16 to 1, to 10 to 1. Quite a good tradeoff I do believe.

Their eyes now contained more grief than rage, but their bodies seem to say ‘you may kill us, but we’ll take you down with us.’ Completely disregarding any safety they wildly charged at me, injuring me drastically, of course due to their no regard of their own safety I was able to swat down 5 more of them, reducing their number to, well, 5.

I wonder how many I could take down if I did their suicidal charge, so I attempted it, I completely disregarded any potential danger and just wildly attack at them, I felt my flesh get ripped off by two of them, yet after that nothing happened. I then started to use my healing skill and looked at my harvest. All 17 dead of them were dead; I guess that’s about right, more than enough for me to meet the quest requirements.

While searching for the other things on my kill-list I would kill the periodic rabbit I saw with my crossbow, though I tended to miss more than hit, I eventually managed to rack up 10 kills.

Though on what would’ve been my thirteenth rabbit kill I saw it suddenly get consumed by a large reptile. Quickly discerning it’s shape I came to the conclusion that it was a Lizardman, I was quite lucky if I do say so myself, for all my prey to come right in front of me.

Aiming, I let loose a bolt to the reptile’s eye piercing the brain and instantly killing it. Seeing what luck had just occurred I went to retrieve the bolt from the reptile’s eye when 11 other lizardmen jumped out of the plains. They startled me, or rather, surprised me. I thought that I would’ve seen them, apparently the downside of the plains got to me as well.

Screeching at the loss of their comrade, they pounced at me with claws raised and came at me slashing. If I was a sword user, perhaps I would’ve trouble dealing with their scales; fortunately I used a mace, which in this case, was great for smashing scales.

The one that reached me first had fallen victim to my overpowering hit, my mace smashing into its chest causing it to be launched away. As I blocked the other attacks from the lizardmen I observed the one I had just hit, noticing that it wasn’t moving. Happy at the fact I had less of a threat now I bashed my shield into whichever lizardmen was slashing at me, causing it to totter, and swiftly smashed my mace into its head, spraying its insides across the green field.

Perhaps in shock over the loss of three of their comrades the lizardmen just stood their stupidly, of course I was not one to be rude and not take chance of this opportunity, so I quickly attacked two of the ten before they could recover from the shock. Evidently they did, as now all eight were looking at me with fierce eyes they once more pounced. Doing the tactic as they first attack me with, I did the same thing I did, quickly smashing the first one to attack, block the others, and bash one of them. Then repeat.

Soon, none were left. Leaving only me and the smell of blood behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I soon came across a pack of rhinos, which were all apparently rampaging, bringing out my crossbow; I aimed into the crowd and fired. Somehow miraculously one of them fell, seeing this, I decided to continue with this tactic, after all, I don’t want to be in the middle of a rhino stampede, I’ll seriously die you know.

Though I only managed to kill 4 before I ran out of bolts. Sighing at this act of fate, I charged at them, smashing my mace into the nearest one’s face. Killing it, not stopping, I moved on to the next. Leaving only two for me to kill, of course I did, and thankfully it didn’t turn into a full-out stampede, as my other two kills went about relatively unnoticed.

Or did it? Why the question? Well because as soon as the herd began to move away I witnessed 5 new things in the horizon charging at me. Oh what joy, the last on my list. The five boar warriors head bashed at my person, nearly connecting a hit. I had no doubt that if one of them were to succeed in their attack, I would die. Nonetheless, I didn’t.

I dodged their attack and watched as they continued to mow across the plain, unable to stop their momentum. And when they finally did stop, I managed to kill one of the five.

The others roaring, bashed their heads at me, no longer in a full out charge, but still just as dangerous, if not, more. Somehow the four were in sync, each head filling the gap the other made, continuously till all of them were in constant motion, their heads constantly making blow after blow.

Anyone would have trouble with that; I eventually had to block one of the hits with my shield as I just couldn’t dodge their attacks anymore. Immediately as their horns made contact with my shield, my left arm became numb, unusable I presumed.

But still, this offered a break in their formation and let me land a blow onto the one who had just disabled my arm. Leaving me to face three, these ones seem to panic, thinking that their comrade shouldn’t have fallen. I of course took this chance and landed a blow onto one of them, killing it as well. Thus two remained.

This much was easy, my good arm killed them in swift succession, without too much trouble, leaving me alone in the middle of the plains. With only the smell of blood as my company.

@shad12ow

OCC: ahhhhhhh that was some good stress relief.......... I'm satisfied. Oh and sorry that you have to read about 1600 words

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    BlancFrost likes this.
  3. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 100 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 10 Lizardmen [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 8 Rampaging Rhinos [ 80 G ]
    =============================================================
    "Oh, you've come back. Finished your job? Judging from the smell of blood, I think you have. Let me see the report.....Hmm...okay~! Good job, friend. Here is 450 g. Take care now~!"

Carm likes this.
  4. SorakaNii

SorakaNii 『Trash Carnivore』『NEET』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]

Hello~ MC here, now I am back to [Great Plains]! I thought I must increase my skill set for survival so here am I hunting easy opponent for their skills. Now that I think about it, here are quite a lot of people here so I won’t have to worry about being deadlock by an opponent. Sasuga~ ah I didn’t mean the Main Character, all right? Now, this episode will all just be commentary about skills~ wohoo~ rejoice! (…well, I wonder) Now are you ready, then let’s start with the first monster defeated:

Without further ado, now starts the Your OP Skill show! *Drumroll

Tada~

[Boar Warriors], a boar with which stands (literally) like a warrior. A monster even I have a hard time facing! Well, I was still a rookie that time. So what skill did I learn that time? *Drumroll [Morph Form] and [Bound Catalyst], yay! *wink… … This is stupid, forget it. Haa~ before anything else I have two types of skill set, [Permanent Skills] and [Catalyst Skills], [Permanent Skills] are the ones I can use directly or my own personal skill. Let’s see, if I was a monster this is what I’ll use against you *peace~ The other hand, is [Catalyst Skills] which are skills that uses a compensation to use, or catalyst in this case , well, in my case, it’s what monsters used against me *tehee~ ehem! Well just recently, I learned the skill [Amplify]. [Amplify] is basically just your useless special effect skill that releases N*n like aura (I must have looked like G*n when I use [Boar Charge] last time), in case of [Bound Catalyst], the one being amplified is the skill [Bound Catalyst] itself, so no matter how much the skill amplified, the amount of fuel (Catalysts) is still the same. It’s is even more useless on [Morph Form], [Permanent Skills] will disappear in morph form like that time when I used [Still Hide] in [Boar Warrior] form, so [Amplify] is gone in whatever case. Well, I can use some sort of absorption of kin skill which is stronger than [Bound Catalyst] in that form, so it’s OP either way. Now for the awaited moment, the [Catalyst Skills]! a skill exclusive for those who can use [Bound Catalyst], well, there is also the [Inlay Catalyst] which is usually used in crafting, which is the suuper degraded version of [Bound Catalyst]. I mean, you need to purchase [Spirit Stone] which is bounded by a skill or an element first, and those who can create [Spirit Stone] must be capable of [Enchant]. [Bound Catalyst] is also more complicated to learn than [Inlay Catalyst]. Well, it’s not like someone would continue using the useless [Ingredient Absorption] that I even abandoned enough to evolve into [Bound Catalyst], there’s still the influence of [Disguise], but, as if I’ll tell anyone! It’s fine if I’m the only one OP. Ehem~ All [Boar Warrior] catalysts have skills [Boar Charge], [Reflex Counter], which is derived from [Parry], and [Stab] while the [Forest Goblin] catalyst have skills [Escape], [Slingshot] and [Nimble]. And today, I’ll be killing low level monster at [Great Plains] to acquire more skill for survival.

Well then let’s start by hunting Slimes. Well, there are two problems; first is they have no blood so I bought a sack and started capturing them one by one, but the other problem was whether the guild would permit capture without killing these? I mean it could at least amount to a drum if I just store it. Not that this will amount to any decent skill. Well, as a precaution I killed 20 of them, and test out the skill. The skill was [Ram] and [Suffocate]. [Ram] blows the enemy but does not deal any damage, but it can be used to blow away the opponent to crash them into the wall. A single whole slime is enough to remove the feet of the [Boar Monster] off the ground, while [Suffocate] is to stop an opponent from breathing… by using my hands or any parts of my body to block their nose and mouth. I think it's OP though. You know, when the smoke clears, raising a fainted person up with one hand, that kind of thing, an OP finisher in a sense. I got 15 flasks of [Slime Fluid], 3 flasks for a whole slime.

Now onto the [Goblins], well they should be a different kind of goblins from the one I fought at the [Verdant Forest] Before, I cower on any type of monster aside from slime so this is a step forward. I’ll just use 2 vials of [Forest Goblin’s Blood], [Bound Catalyst]! [Nimble]! It’s just increase in speed though. Hee~ Hoo~ I stretched a bit before taking off so that I won’t drown, ah, that’s for swimming right? They’re both sports, isn’t it fine? Whatever, huph! I launched myself towards the goblin while running, I sliced the goblin in to two, I stepped on the brakes then run into a different one, slice, slice, slice, until there are 14 goblin corpses. It was quite a strange feeling; my body feels light and fast, and moving feels a lot easier even though it seems like I am in my normal speed. Well from the point of view of an outsider it would be like zigzagging from goblin to goblin. Haha, I’m not that strong as you think I am, Ojou-chan. I’m accepting autographs though. I lodge the knife on the chest of the goblin who tried to attack me from behind, Damn! That was pretty cool of me... I think. After that, I cut their ears and drain their blood as usual, rinse and repeat. Well, I only got the skill [Bash]. It means a hit, nothing more nothing less. It’s useless on things that cuts through enemies like daggers, or daggers, ah! And daggers! Well, it would be useful as comedic relief if my friend does something idiotic, I don’t remember having any though. (*tears) Anyway, I got a bit more than 2 and a half flasks of [Goblin’s Blood].

The next on the list is… [Orcs], don’t know them, but I heard their predecessor is the [Boar Warriors], another bipedal pig. Anyway, let’s go meet them. Oh! They’re quite tall and… handsome (*snickers). The skin is so thin and pale despite being so fat, maybe they should change class into [NEETs]. Well, anyway they are quite a lot of them, maybe that’s why they require 15 of them to kill. They’re a bit stronger than goblins, I guess. I looked around the large Orc settlement. There were a single group of 15 Orcs forming a pyramid seriously getting lectured by an Orc that wears a Viking helmet rotating over the group. Are they stupid? The leader seems like a variant like the swordsman [Boar Warrior] I met. Well, let’s go push the one in front and they’ll crumble like domino. Let’s see, 9 vials of [Slime Fluid]. Now this calls for… *Drumroll, bowling! Well then, I gotta spend my [Body Slam](ball) wisely since unlike [Nimble] and [Reflex Counter], I can only use it once. I crushed the vials and waited for the boss to align from the lone pin. Now! I immediately used both hands and pushed the leader Orc and out! I mean, strike! Stabfest time!! I stabbed the down pins and cut of their ears, and drained their blood. I got the skill [Propagate], ugh, let’s forget about that, [Rage], derived from [Starve], [Harden] and [Taunt] uwahh! All of these are useless. Well, maybe, just maybe, I could use [Rage] to rampage, however that’s impossible, I have very limited usage of proper skills, it might be possible to use with [Harden] but I can’t overlap [Bound Catalyst] so it is useless! [Harden] and [Taunt] is acceptable, but there’s no way I’d want to get hit, rejected! Haa~ I lowered my head dejectedly. Well, let’s take few with me in case of emergency, I took just 10 flasks of [Orc’s Blood] with me (few? Well, emergencies are crucial after all).

Sigh~ now last is [Wandering Rabbits]. They usually hide and they don’t travel in groups. Well, the bottom line is, they’re very fast. Haa~ let’s get this job done, 6 vials of [Orc’s Blood] [Bound Catalyst]! [Taunt]! Eh? I need to shout? Then, “Why do the orcs got laid when I’m more handsome~ Uwah~” seriously!? Am I this hopeless a case? Th-that was seriously embarrassing! I even made the volume 600%. N-no, don’t let it get into you, I did it in order to lure the rabbits, nothing strange about it, right, right. I continuously chanted to convince myself. I remember the rabbits were quite fast so I used 3 vials of [Boar’s Blood] to use [Reflex Counter]. Then a rabbits jumped out faster than the stone thrown by a [Forest Goblin], I immediately reacted unconsciously and sliced the projectile. I looked at the perfectly sliced rabbit. Wait? Isn’t this OP against monsters that uses their body to attack? Mwahahahaha! I travelled the forest while being bombarded by a bullet-like rabbits. “Die! Riajuu, die! Think you’re cute enough to be fawn over, huh!” Well, it seems like I got carried away a bit. There’s really no need to use [Rage] is there? (*I didn't) I came into my senses and notice a lot of rabbit corpses at my trail. Poor rabbits~ well, let’s drain their blood. It was also required to bring their bodies that’s why it pays well. So I carefully picked rabbits which are still intact; 11 halves and 10 intacts. With this I completed all the quests. However, is there really a need to go that far? Well then, Let’s bury them to hide evidence and return to the guild. Ah! By the way, I got the skill [Leap], a jump skill, a single use though. Well, haa~ it seems like the path of the ninja is still far away. I was able squeezed 6 Flasks of [Wandering Rabbit’s Blood].
    Slime Fluid * 13 Flasks
    Goblin's Blood * 2 2/3 Flasks
    Orc's Blood * 8 Flasks
    Wandering Rabbit's Blood * 6 Flasks
    Wandering Rabbit's Meat * 10
    Orc's Ear * 16
    Goblin's Ear * 10
    Slime's Membrane * 20

*Sigh~ that was a tiring day. Heal me, Hikari-chan!

@brasca123

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Carm likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    ======================================================
    Oh, welcome back Leyta-kun, everything seems to be going well for you, doesn't it?

The rewards for these quests will be of 230G, remember to be a bit careful to not kill an excessive amount of enemies as that can end up causing trouble on the natural balance of things... You didn't go this far though, so it's fine.

Take care now!

Bielt likes this.
  6. Tang Tang

Tang Tang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G |1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    Great plain - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Gather 3 Moonlight Water [ 50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    Great plain - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Rainbow Slime Gel [ 120G | 1 x Rainbow Gel ]

Day 1:
    After accepting the quest I’m going back to inn picking my tools and heading to the market buying rations and fresh water. Looking great plain maps, I see marking where moonlight flower grow, that place is also near where rainbow slime live, while flower field where I can find nectar and flower at opposite direction. I guess today I just going to slay slime and get moonlight flower.

“Lets go Loto, I think slimes serve perfect for practicing our new move.” I said to Loto, my little creature companion.

Just 10 Km north from the city I see first slime behind the bush from afar. That slime is eating rabbit corpse by swallowing it to his body. I’m slowing my step get closer to it using bushes as my cover. Loto was hanging in my back.

When I get as close as 5 meters from the slime I’m whispering to Loto, “Loto, Combination Move (CM) 1.”

I grab Loto and casting feather weight spell to him, after that I throw Loto up above to where the slime stay. Then I cast [Windcut] spell to the slime.

First reaction the slime after sensing my movement is trying to avoid my [Windcut]. Unfortunately, Loto from above blocking slime escape attempt by whipping rapidly. Clearly that slime didn’t expect getting attacked from above and staggering defending itself from Loto whipping. Soon after my [Windcut] successfully hitting its core and almost cut it to half. Finally, Loto vines stabbing straight to its damaged core ending our first battle as an adventurer.

Yosh! High five Loto! I made high five gesture and Loto stretch its vine matching my gesture.

I’m picking slime core as prove to the guild. Then im continue going further to the north where Moonlight flower located. Along the way, we killed six more slime that wandering alone.

Two hour later, I saw a cave that in the map is marked as entrance to a cave where the moonlight wellspring located. I decided to meditate attuning my mental state and filling my mana pool for a half hour. Loto is also taking root while guarding me although this area is quite save.

Feeling my mana pool is full, I wake up from my meditative state. Oh, my mind is also feeling very clear and calm. I’m taking out tint jar, mortar, and paintbrush from the bag preparing Glyph paint. After the paint is done I painted [Strength Glyph] on both Loto Arm, and [Focus Glyph] on my forehead. Now I’m ready to entering the cave.

There a dim light inside the cave from small cracks on the cave ceiling. I see many slimes wandering around the cave. I’m positioning myself behind big rock near the entrance putting rabbit corpse that I hunted earlier as bait then waiting three slimes slowly approaching that corpse passing me unknowingly.

I cast haste to me and Loto. Then we split and doing pincher attack on the slimes. Loto reinforced vine pierced strongly at two slime pushing both of them backward bumping their other friend, while I cast [Windcut] twice and slicing their lower body. The slimes is immobilized for while and we using that opportunity getting close. I’m using my staff bashing very hard to the core and Loto stabbing other two slimes repeatedly and then I’m finish them off with my staff.

One hour later after careful baiting and waiting we cleared all slimes in the cave and getting around 15 slime core.

I approach the wellspring further inside. As I arrive, I quickly gather 10 x moonlight flower and 10 x healing plants there. As I squatting at wellspring edge I’m seeing something shining deep in the water. I concentrate my vision on that shining object and it got closer to me fast!

“Watch out!” I suddenly jumping backward with all I got. A slime with rainbow colored body emerge from the water as it tried to attack me with its body. I fix my stance while casting haste for me and Loto. Oh no! There are two more slime come up from the water!

“Sh*t! Loto! Joint Force #1!” as I commanded, Loto that hanging on my back grew more vines from his leg and body wrapping his vines to my body except for joints area making extra thorny armor. Each of his hand becomes long whip. At the same time i cast “feather weight” spell for Loto so my movement not hindered by his weight anymore. I also drank one [mana potion] (poor).

Tree rainbow slimes coming at once bashing their body aggressively at me. Loto vines keep attacking slimes while I jump rolled to my left. Quickly I cast wind blade and hitting one of them. It seems my magic is more effective than Loto whip. So I change tactic telling Loto to focusing his vine for blocking slimes attack. Suddenly, one slime start shining and trembling. It’s preparing using magic. I cast wind shield as fast as I can, and as I finished my spell a fire ball come to me. I’m sweating thinking what if I one second too late casting the shield. Two other slimes use this chance to approach me but unfortunately for them I already finished casting [Windcut] and it hit one of them critically slicing through its core.

I’m happy that one got down, but no time to celebrate. Using gap two of slimes I can finish it one by one. Quick thinking, I cast windshield to slimes at the back. It became temporary prison hold the slime at the back. At a glimpse I saw that slime getting ready casting next spell but I choose to concentrate with slime near me.

Loto using both of his vine to grab the slime while I cast [Windcut] to it. My spell only cut halfway to the core and using my staff I’m bashing that slime while shouting to Loto, “Impale maximum power Loto!”. Then with that the slimes goes down.

One more to go, I drank [healing potion] and [mana potion] while circling it. Loto undone his ‘thorny armor’ and goes opposite way ready to sandwich the last slime together with me.

Seeing we split up the slime still targeting it spell to me. A Fire ball coming closer, but the trajectory just straight to me so I easily make evasive move.

Being ignored, Loto arrive at the slime back using it’s vine stabbing repeatedly. Loto stabs can’t penetrate trough but it does some damage as many tiny hole began appearing in the slime body. And then the slime switching his attention to Loto.

I’m casting [Windcut] again but I take my time pouring more mana to strengthen the spell. After a while, I releasing [Windcut] to the slime that still fighting Loto and it successfully slicing the slime.

“Whoah!” I yell hard and then sitting exhausted as my mana almost dried up. Loto help me gathering the loot diligently while I take a breather. After my stamina restored a bit, I double checked inside wellspring ensuring there is no more monster. Then I take my time to meditate again until my mana half full.

When I wake up, I saw rainbow slime loots piling up in front of me. I got 6 x Rainbow Slime Gel, 3 x Rainbow Core. With this, I have completed 3 quest out of 6 that I take today. For the fourth quest, I stand up and filling other two bottle with Moonlight Water.

“Haah, im beat…”, I guess I return and report this quest first. Hmm, maybe tomorrow I pick slaying quest again while searching for nectar and seeds.

I got out from cave and going straight to the adventurer guild reporting my quest completion to receptionist
    Note:
    - Slime Core x 22
    - Rainbow Slime Core x 3
    - Rainbow Slime Gell x 6
    - Moonlight Flower x 10
    - Moonlight Water x 3
    - Healing Plant x 10

- Perfecting CM #1
    - Perfecting JF #1

@shad12ow

OOC= i just neet to mention extra loot?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Carm and LittleFox21 like this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Please make sure to put the location of it as well on the report, makes it easier for appraising.
    On the notes, you can mention anything you think of relevance, what that is, is up to you, I myself usually put any changes that happened to my character or specific things that I found of importance during the quest.

Tang Tang and Bielt like this.
  8. Tang Tang

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, noted @brasca123..
    all quest is located in the great Plain

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Now edit that into the post with the report! >.<

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tang Tang Like this:

Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    Great Plain - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Gather 3 Moonlight Water [ 50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    Great Plain - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Rainbow Slime Gel [ 120G | 1 x Rainbow Gel ]

11. Tang Tang

Reading List:
    Link
    I've already edited my previous report @brasca123

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. Tang Tang

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Great Plain - #GD2 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Nectar [ 120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey ]
    2. Great Plain - #GD3 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Flower seeds [ 80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower ]

This is my 2nd day story report.
    Day 2:
    The next morning
    I’m ready to do my next quests that is for today gather Nectar and Flower Seeds. Oh yeah, I also want to observe Lizardmen tribe because I’m quite interested in their behavior as a creature master. In my past observation their races can have good intelligence as they can interacting with human and have villages with social structure. But theres is so many tribes in their race and most of them have lower intelligence and can be categorized as monsters. As fruit of my long observation I’m halfway to understand lizzardmen lower tribes way of communicating.

After checking for the last time, I departed from adventurer city east to the river. On the way, I’m killing the slimes using CM #1 and JF #1 move as much as we see them on the way. Me and Loto already can do this two move just with slight gesture or eye contact, it counted as mastering the move.

For the goblin I got new move to try..

The river is where monster gather frequently that is not exception for the goblins. They often move in medium group of 5 – 10 as they like to use number to overcome their relatively weak body when meet predators or hunting.

So, I walk near the river bank while searching for goblins. I spotted a band of goblins, 5 goblins each of them holding knife, bone hammer, or rusted short sword. I hide behind large rock and quickly draw [Strength Glyph] and [Focus Glyph].

I’m running to that goblins while preparing to cast wind cut. Alerted by noises I created, goblins group of five are shouting war cry then approaching me slowly while spreading trying to surround me. I command Loto to [Take Root] ignoring their encirclement and provoking the goblins to come.

They became irritated and attacking me at the same time from five direction. I shoot [Windcut] to the farthest goblin then swinging my staff aiming two goblins at their head. Loto is whipping to two other goblins also aiming at their upper body. The goblins reacting either jumping sideway, blocking attack, or ducking.

“Loto, Ensnare!” Loto caught all five goblins unprepared with vines from below. Vines wriggling slowly coiling around their body making all goblins unable to do anything stuck on the ground. “Good job Loto! It’s a success! Hahaha.” Satisfied by the result I’m praising Loto. I killed all of them with [Windcut] magic and collecting miscellaneous items.

“Practicing till became instinct, Hard work always pays off.” that is my moto.

After that first group of goblins I meet several other goblin group on the way until I’m arriving at flower field.

From information that I gathered giant hornet usually spotted in this area. I must be careful not provoking hornet swarm if I don’t want to be in sorry state.

I’m harvesting Nectar and Flower Seed while being vigilant to my surrounding. My ear on maximum focus trying not miss any buzzing sound. Loto also helping keep watch the surrounding. “Ah.. this is the last Nectar, we can go back now Loto.” I’m wiping my sweat and smiling to Loto. But, I saw Loto making weird expression while staring at the distant. Then, Loto grabbing my cloak telling me to come to that direction. Half dragged I’m following Loto confused.

Before I say anything to Loto I heard Buzzing and chirping sound from that direction. I’m more curious for that chirping sound than Hornet buzzing, moreover I still can run away if anything looks wrong.

I saw two hornets assaulting a fairy from behind a tree. I want to help the fairy but fearing hornet swarm will noticed us if we join the fight. But, this fearless Loto kept pulling me to aiding that fairy. “Geez.. at least let me check the situation first Loto.” Then, I make sure there is no other hornet nearby before joining the fray whilst taking position behind that hornets.

I casted [Feather Weight] to Loto and then throw him up. From above, Loto using his whip to attack hornet on the left that making a big attack move to the fairy. The hornet try to evading Loto whip but it still got hit on its wings. Lucky! That hornet lost its balance and flying unsteadily. The other hornet got angry and assaulting Loto with its poison sting only to struck hard on [Wind Shield] I cast on time to Loto. Loto use this opportunity and punch hornet head hard. Then I’m follow up with [Windcut] cutting its abdomen bursting all its stomach. “urgh, so unsightly..”, Then I saw the fairy using its wind magic to finishing the last Hornet. I cast [Healing Wind] to the fairy. The fairy seems shocked but she closing her eyes and taking meditative stance. I’m glad seeing her wound recovered at visible rate.

Shortly after, The fairy looks me with cautious eye. But her eyes softened after seeing Loto whom approaching her merrily. Two of them chatted with weird sound/language that I don’t understand. In the end, the fairy approaching me and give light kiss on my nose. I fell slight cool mana entering my nose lingering there until I can’t feel it again. Then the fairy seems saying good bye to Loto then flying away from us.

Well, got kissed by the fairy is the most wonderful thing that happen recently. With that, can maintain good mood atleast until a week from now. “hahaha! Loto, help me gather the corpses.”, then we loot hornet dead body before heading back to Adventurer Guild.
    Note:
    - 10 x Nectar
    - 10 x Flower Seed
    - 2 x Hornet Sting
    - Various Monster Core (For making various tint base powder)
    - Fairy Friendship Marking (Only can be sensed by fairies race. Making them know the holder can be trusted by the wind fairies)
    @shad12ow

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Clown333, shad12ow and Carm like this.
  13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G |1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    Great plain - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Gather 3 Moonlight Water [ 50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    Great plain - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Rainbow Slime Gel [ 120G | 1 x Rainbow Gel ]
    =======================================================================
    "Impressive. Not only you are good with your slime friend, you are also able to befriend the fairies. Good work there, Mr. Ashface. Here is 270 g and the other stuff. Take care now~!"

14. selkie

selkie [kuragehime] [jellyfish lover] [swish swish]

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G |5 x Eggs ] (Failed)
    Delta Town - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Clean Barnacles from hull [ 40 G] (Failed)
    Delta Town - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [ 80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet ]
    Delta Town - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 10 Water Spiders [ 100 G ]
    Delta Town - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Flesh Leaches [ 130 G ]
    Delta Town - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Sea snakes [ 120 G ]

Noon, Floating City of Aeternus, Adventurer’s Guild

After registering at the Adventurer’s Guild in the Floating City of Aeternus, Selkie gave a sigh of relief. It made her nervous to stand in line in such a noisy place filled with so many unfamiliar people, especially since she was so far away from home. Every time someone spoke to her, Selkie practically jumped.

Fidgety, definitely.

It was best if no one noticed her.

Honestly, she wasn’t too happy about being sent on adventure. But it wasn’t like she had a choice in the matter. She was on a mission from the Kingdom of Seal-folk to investigate the recent disappearance of many seal-folk who wandered too close to shore. Every village in the seal kingdom was supposed to contribute one person in the effort to find more information in the Land-World. Since all seals were instructed from a young age that the Land-World was extremely dangerous, very few people were willing to go willingly.

Selkie was forced into it because her father was supposedly a human fisherman, and her village very eagerly decided that she was the perfect sacrifice candidate for such a job, even though she had never even seen Land before. Even the seal whom she thought was her best friend voted for her without a heartbeat.

And just like that she was kicked out of the village……

Selkie stared at the quest board. In her hand, she held “A Beginner’s Manual and Illustrated Guide to the Land-World” (published by Royal Mermaid Printing Press) flipped to the appendix, which had a dictionary and glossary for common terms used in the Land-World.

Even though she had learned how to read and speak the human language, there were many words she was unfamiliar with. Nobody ever heard or saw things like “Unicorns” or “Chickens” or “Rhinos” in the Kingdom of Seal-Folk. Since her people hated coming to land, she had legitimately never heard of this strange beast called the “Chicken” before. Selkie knew at least a thousand different varieties of fish but hadn’t the faintest idea about “chickens” or their capabilities. Maybe the Mer-folk were more knowledgeable, but the seal-folk were infamous for being recluses far out at sea.

Here is what her book said about the “Domesticated Chicken”:

Chickens are domestic or farm birds. The life span of a chicken is about 10 to 15 years. The male is larger and more brightly colored than the female. This is common feature in birds. The males show off their colorful feathers to attract the females.

A chicken has a comb on the head and two wattles under the neck. The male has a larger comb compared to the female. The male is called a rooster. The female is called a hen while the young are called chicks. The female is usually ready to lay her first eggs when she is around six months old.

Chickens eat worms, insects, seeds, grains, snails, slugs, fruits, vegetables and many other foods. The gizzard which is a part of the stomach contains tiny stones to help grind up the food.

Animals like the hawks, bobcats, snakes, skunks, owls, raccoons, foxes and opposums prey on chickens.

Selkie tilted her head a few vocabulary words she didn’t know. What was a “wattle”? If a chicken had a “comb” on its head, did that mean it had spikes? That sounded awfully dangerous. And it must be pretty big and heavy if it used rocks in its stomach to grind its food. Could chickens spit out those rocks? The description in the appendix didn’t say. Also, the encyclopedia entry on “birds” said they could fly, and since a chicken was a bird… fighting something as versatile as a “chicken” might be too difficult …

Selkie decided to skip ahead to the later quests.

She stayed away the one about “Rats” because her encyclopedia said that they carry fatal diseases like the bubonic plague, Lassa fever, leptospirosis, and Hantavirus (she didn’t know what most of those things were, but they sounded dangerous).

In the end, Selkie picked all the quests that mentioned aquatic animals that she was familiar with. In reality, she wanted to pick several of the C-rank quests, since things like hunting Giant Crabs seemed pretty easy to her (she ate them for dinner sometimes), but it wasn’t allowed in the guild rules.

Oh—and as for the “chicken” quest—Selkie decided to accept it since she had an extra slot.

It had the smallest reward on the entire list, and it was Rank E, so it can’t have been that hard, right?

Afternoon, Delta Town, Harbor

The second time using the teleport portal was much better than the first.

As Selkie made her way to the docks at Delta Town, she mentally planned out what order to tackle the quests she had taken. Most of the items on her list (apart from the “chickens”) were ridiculously easy, so Selkie calculated that she would probably be finished with everything by early tomorrow.

The hunting would probably take no more than an hour or two in her seal form, since things like chasing Speedy Tuna’s were considered child’s play in the Kingdom of Seal-Folk. However, Selkie didn’t want to advertise to everyone that she was a seal, so she decided she would probably take care of those four quests at night under the cover of darkness. That way, no one would see her transform.

This left the chickens and the barnacle cleaning.

Selkie decided to tackle the ship-cleaning first, since the instructions on the quest pamphlet said that she was supposed to talk to the ship’s captain. Selkie didn’t know how late in the evening or early in the morning he would be awake, so she figured it would be a good idea to try finding the man first.

Which, by the way, was much harder than she imagined. Selkie spent most of the afternoon wandering the port utterly confused about the street signs (they made no sense to her).

By the time she found the captain, it was close to dinner time.

“Eto… Could you be Captain Kirk-san?”

“Who the hell are you calling Captain Kirk?!!!”

!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

“U-um…” Selkie shrunk away from the well-built man’s thunderous voice. He sounded angry. Selkie continued fretfully, with her nervous voice barely above a whisper. “I have this sheet of paper… said… finding… barnacles… Captain… Kirk… mumble… mumble…”

The captain snatched the quest memo from her.

He skimmed over the letter and his eyes grew wide with rage. Selkie could see the blood pulsing at his temples. Did she make a mistake somehow? Was there something she wasn’t supposed to have done?

“Curse those ****-ing bastards at the Adventure Guild!!!! Making a fool of me!!! Next time I get my hand on those swindlers, I’m going to wring the **** out of those *******!!! I told them not to call me Captain Kirk! My name is Captain Kirkestel von Ketchupwerger, not that silly protagonist of that space opera drama that the young’uns are raving ‘bout these days. I can’t even get my blimey kiddies and my wife to shut up about that trashy tabloid fiction!”

“U-um….”

“My reputation is ruined!! RUINED, I TELL YOU!!! Sixteen generations of my forefathers sailed these seas bearing the noble surname of Kirkestel von Ketchupwerger, and all it takes is some tabloid fanfiction writer paid 2 cents every hour to bring me to financial ruin! I can’t even sail out of port because there are little young’uns crawling over my ship from morning to dusk!!! I kick one little bastard off and five more rats climb their way onto deck.”

“E-excuse me…”

“WHAT?!” The burly bearded captain whirled around to face Selkie, and she jumped.

“Um, I’m here to clean the barnacles off your ship.”

Captain Kirk blinked several times, and took a long look at Selkie, who quite frankly appeared very frail and flimsy. He slowly scanned her from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet.

“No way.”

His response was automatic and resolute.

Before Selkie could catch her breath, the captain shut the door in her face and left her standing outside of the cabin. The door closed with a slam as the iron hinges swiveled shut, and Selkie could hear the click of a lock as it came to rest.

Uh...

A bit exasperated, Selkie stood there for a couple minutes at a bit of a loss. But she wasn’t prepared to go back to the Adventurer’s Guild empty handed, so after some heavy contemplation, she knocked on the door again.

A couple moments later, the door opened again, and the bearded captain stuck his head out. He peered to the left and right a few times, but since Selkie was so short, it wasn’t until he looked down that finally he noticed her. They locked eyes. There was maybe a couple seconds of pause before Selkie opened her mouth to speak.

“E-Exc--”

“I refuse.” He cut her off.

And the door shut again.

This time Selkie didn’t wait so long to knock again. The door swung open in response almost instantly.

“Go away!”

And the door shut immediately again.

But Selkie was stubborn and she knocked again, and this exchange continued a few more times before the captain finally gave a huge sigh and kept the door open a little longer. He explained with a tone of annoyance:

“Look, I cannot in my good conscience allow a little girl to clean the barnacles off my ship. If the other captains see me desperate enough to draft little girls for hard labor, I’ll become the laughingstock of the entire harbor. Besides, you’ll probably end up drowning in the ocean or get eaten by sharks or something stupid like that.”

“But sharks don’t come this close to shor--”

He cut Selkie off.

“Sorry lass. I just can’t do it.”

And just like that, the meeting with the captain utterly failed. Selkie’s first ever mission in the Land-World had begun with a terrible start.

Evening, Delta Town, Harbor

At this point, it was already past dinner time, and the sky was already dark.

Selkie’s stomach growled because she had no money, and she hadn’t found a good place outdoors to stay that wasn’t icky and dirty. Besides, the beggars that wandered in the alleys seemed really suspcious and questionable, and she didn’t really feel comfortable sleeping in a place where there would be strange people staring at her.

Selkie sighed.

It’s really hard to live as a human…

She didn’t really understand how most humans managed, anyways. They really had things rough! She even saw a pair of human beggars rummaging through the garbage for food, and a couple more were trying to sleep under pieces of soggy cardboard and newspaper!

Fortunately, Selkie wasn’t human, and without the slightest bit of remorse, she headed for the docks under the cover of darkness.

Being a seal was way easier!

Selkie took off her clothing under one of the wooden docks, and she stowed away her human items under a rock. She didn’t have any hands as a seal, so obviously she couldn’t carry things as bulky as an Item Box or a water pouch or even her Adventurer’s Card. For now, they would have to stay in a well-hidden place until she could come up with a better strategy to keep her things.

She shimmied into her seal skin, and with a quiet plop, she dove into the water. With just a few kicks, she was darting through the water faster than a dolphin.

Selkie was hungry, so she prioritized hunting a snack or two first. After sating her stomach with a couple squid, she turned her attention to her quest objectives: Speedy Tunas, Water Spiders, Flesh Leaches, and Sea Snakes.

None of those posed any problems for her, and in fact many species of fish have their feeding times at dawn and dusk, so if anything, it was the ideal time to go hunting for things like Sea Snakes. All together, it took her less than two hours to find, kill, and collect everything.

By the time Selkie made it back to her hiding spot under the docks, Selkie was very satisfied. Her belly was full (she swiped a couple more fish while on the hunt), and she was stuffed. She felt kind of bad for the poor humans who were starving in the alleys.

Selkie made a small improvised nest for herself in the rocks in the tidepool. She was going to spend the night in her seal form (of course), because her bubber and fur would keep her nice and cozy and warm.

Satisfied with the arrangement she made for herself, Selkie drifted to sleep as gentle waves lapped at her feet.

Morning (Day 2), Delta Town, Harbor

So today, Selkie had a plan.

While she was sleeping, it occurred to her that main reason the Captain didn’t want her to clean the barnacles off his ship was because she was a girl.

So as long as she knocked on his cabin door and he didn’t know she was a girl, then it’d be fine, right? Selkie spent the entire morning preparing a disguise made out of a seaweed and kelp and other random props, and by the time she was satisfied with it, she put it on and went straight for Captain Kirk’s ship.

Perhaps she knocked on his door a little too eagerly though, because as soon as the captain answered it, his eyes went as wide as pancakes.

Selkie didn’t even have a chance to say anything before the burly man started screaming in a high-pitched voice. He started running around like a madman, knocking over several items of furniture before he vaulted out of the cabin window and dove into the sea, crying in terror the entire time.

Selkie was a confused and she scratched her head.

She didn’t think she was that scary.

Well, he didn’t say no, right?

Afternoon (Day 2), Delta Town, Farms

Chickens.

Are.

Terrifying.

Beasts.

Yep. Selkie spent the afternoon trying to catch a couple chickens, but the experience was so embarassing and traumatizing. It honestly left a black mark on Selkie’s memory, and honestly she didn’t want to think about it ever again. NEVER ever again.

So nope.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

No quest report for you.

Selkie will take this nightmarish memory all the way to the grave.

>____<

Evening (Day 2), Delta Town, Harbor

Selkie spent the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening sulking over her humiliating defeat by the chickens. She was so sullen that she didn’t even eat dinner. It wasn’t even a close match; the chickens had absolutely steamrolled over her one-sidedly and mercilessly.

How unfair!

Chickens are so sadistic!

There was scratches and bruises all over her body. For the more painful and sore spots, Selkie had covered herself with mud in the tidepool to help sooth the aching.

Selkie lethargicly blew bubbles just under the water as she slipped into the ocean and gloomily slithered through the water to Captain Kirk’s ship. She was still in her human form, and her silvery hair shimmered faintly as it drifted on the surface of the water on the waves. It was a quiet night, and the moon was full.

The seal maiden felt as useless as a barnacle.

She hated barnacles, you know? If there was one thing that Selkie disliked more than anything, it was people who were dead weight. If you couldn’t pull your own weight, then you might as well be a parasitic barnacle that everyone hated but was such a hassle to remove.

A barnacle.

Barnacle. Barnacle. Barnacle.

Selkie poked at the barnacles on side of Captain Kirk’s ship and started scraping at them with a shell.

Scrape. Scrape. Scrape.

The reason why she was in such a bad mood was because on her way back from the farm, she had asked a bystander what was the secret to defeating the noble chicken-beast, and they laughed her! They told her that chickens were the weakest of all land animals, and even the smallest human children could catch them easily!

Scrape. Scrape. Scrape.

Selkie sulked even further. If she couldn’t even defeat the weakest land animal, then there was no way she’d be able to defeat anything else while in the Land-World… in other words, she’d be useless! She’d be equivalent to a barnacle on land!

Selkie started scraping more furiously. It was starting to frustrate her that these barnacles were so resilient and difficult to remove.

Scrapescrapescrapescrapescrapescrapescrapescrape!!!

“Hey, what’s that sound?!” A faint voice called out from above on the deck, but Selkie was too self-absorbed to notice.

Scrapescrapescrapescrapescrapescrapescrapescrapescrapescrapeeeee!!!

“C-C-Captain!! Do you see that?!”

“A M-M-Monster!”

“Eeeeek! It’s back! It’s back! The seaweed monster is back! Help! Help! Mercy!”

“Captain! Captain! Don’t faint on us now! Get a hold of yourself!”

Oblivious to the drama going on above her, Selkie was starting to get angry now. Her patience was wearing thin, and every moment that dragged on, she was starting to hate these barnacles more and more.

Screw it.

She was tired of doing things the human way. It was so damn inefficient. Back at home, the proper way to remove barnacles was…

Selkie positioned herself at a shallow angle, aimed with her magic, took a deep breath, and opened fire.

“I HATE BARNACLES!!!!!!” She shouted at the top of her lungs.

High-pressure water cannon!!

The gratification was instanenous. Chucks of barnacles and rotten wood and paint started flying up into the air. The effect was so satisfying. It felt so good to get the stress out of her system.

“Ahhhhhh! It’s attacking the ship! The Monster is attacking the ship!”

“DIE CHICKENS!!! DIE!!!!!!! MWAHAHAA!!!!!!”

“Eeeek! It’s too much! We’ve sprung several leaks in the hull! We’re taking on too much water!!!!”

“I can’t see anything! There’s too much water everywhere!”

“Dear Lord! Save me! Save me from the monster!”

“C-C-Captain!! I can’t fire my guns! The gunpowder is too wet!”

“I’m ruined! I’m ruined! Why does this always happen to me?!!” (sobbing)

“I AM NOT A BARNACLEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!”

Epilogue

In the end, Selkie “cleaned” Captain Kirk’s ship so thoroughly that it sank.

Whoops.

She tried arguing with the Adventurer Guild receptionist that she did properly complete the mission, since she did indeed remove all the barnacles (along with most of the hull…), they didn’t buy her argument. Apparently, the missions didn’t work that way.

Out of six missions, two were complete failures.

How embarassing.

Several days later Selkie checked back at the quest board, and was very surprised to see another C-ranked quest posted at Delta Town:

“Slay the seaweed monster in the harbor”.

This can’t be a coincidence… right?

Note:
    - Found 5 random fish!
    - Will write something about Selkie gaining a nickname later (was discussed in tavern!)
    @shad12ow

15. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G |5 x Eggs ]
    Delta Town - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Clean Barnacles from hull [ 40 G]
    Delta Town - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [ 80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet ]
    Delta Town - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 10 Water Spiders [ 100 G ]
    Delta Town - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Flesh Leaches [ 130 G ]
    Delta Town - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Sea snakes [ 120 G ]
    ==============================================================================
    "so you're the one causing that rumor!? We have to deal with some scared and panicky sailors and even the harbormaster came! They pleaded to us to immediately investigate and slay whatever that was....Sheesh.....I'll take care of it later. And....you failed to gather chickens too....W-Wait...Failed!?...*looks at report closely*....uhm, why? I mean....the chicken are not that wild, you know? Hmm....yeah, I'll just leave it as it is then. At least you are good at the slaying stuff. Well, here is 350 g and 1 speedy tuna fillet for the 4 completed missions. Take care now, Ms. Selkie. or should I just call you Selkie? Either way, take care now. We'll take care of that request. Don't worry. But don't do this again."
    OOC: Man, that is some great story! LOL~! I like that story~! Thumbs up~!

Clown333, Lady Luck, selkie and 3 others like this.
  16. Tang Tang

Reading List:
    Link
    Great story, great adventure Selkie.. So fresh.. Thumbs up

selkie likes this.
  17. SorakaNii

Reading List:
    Link
    Sandy Desert - #SE1 - E rank - Slay 25 Desert Jackal [ 50 G ]
    Sandy Desert - #SE2 - E rank - Slay 25 Desert Fox[ 50 G ]
    Delta Town - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 100 Rats [ 100 G ]
    solo

How did it come to this? In front of me was a big metallic door heavily locked with bolts and a heavy bar and on my left… was a beast with shadows as fur, barring its four large teeth as he stares at me with his eyes as though the abyss. It was standing over a person lying in a pool of red blood. The beast let out a small growl and pounced at me, my vision turned dark… Well, let’s rewind time a bit. Before starting with the tedious quest, I thought I should finish first the closest quest, [Slay 100 Rats] at [Delta Town]. It was a port town located near the sea, strange right? (*my mind is). You can feel the smell of the sea and smell the sound of sea breezes (that’s some kind of senses I have). The town was bustling with people, and unknowingly I was drawn to the bay. I took a stroll around a bit and finally decide to call out a fisherman. Well, just to remind you I won’t stutter that easily… and I’m not here for fishes.

“U-um”

Attempt failed. Let’s have him think I’m a foreigner okay? I immediately brought out the quest [Slay 100 Rats] form towards the fisherman. The fisherman looked at it seriously and finally nodding after knowing my intention.

“Do you want me to guide you?”

“Y-yes! Ah no, you can just tell me the place.”

Foreigner disguise failed, not that it’ll work. Rule here is that foreign language speakers are not allowed to become an adventurer. (Receptionists won’t be able read quest report if that’s the case). In any case, I only panicked because the merchants I met are savages and selfish people. Ah! Do not misunderstand, it’s not because I don’t like to talk to them, okay? And it’s not like I don’t like selfish people, okay? They are just sooo delicious (the fish is). That reminds me, I am a merchant as well, but whatever. I was told the place and immediately went out of the way of the (true) merchant’s business. I arrived at the place, there was a large building seemed to be connected to the sewer, a place a rat would willingly enter… There’s no way that’s true, right? I looked around the lone building below it, I saw square holes large enough for a rat to enter, and I can even see rats through them. It was strange that none passed through it despite being plainly at the open. I walk towards the small hut adjacent to the building and ask the gatekeeper for entry after I passed him the quest paper. Of course, I did not forget to ask about the holes at the bottom of the building.

“That hole was built to trap the [Rats] inside.”

“Don’t you close it or something?”

“Nope?”

Uhm~ are you saying that that escape route are meant to trap rats inside? Or that’s a refugee camp for the rats? And they even act coy towards the one who give them a place and refuse to go outside out of consideration, is that it? Well, let’s leave it at that.

The gatekeeper opened the door of building. The inside was clean and there were no signs of rats, at least in sight. And midway across the building was another door made of metal, it spans similar to a gate and was locked by a long steel bar and the sides were lined with bolts. The gate keeper entered and reached for the door again. I thought he was going closing it, but it was to pick up a drink from a box behind the door. At least, offer some for your guest! Wait, was there really a reason to hide such a thing? The guard noticed me staring at the drink and raised it up.

“This? This is [Mermaid’s Blood], believe to bring out immortality. Vintage.”

“Cool, where’d you get that?”

“Got some from backdoor dealings”

Oh, so that’s why it’s in the back of the door, wait? It was smuggled goods, seriously!? Did the request actually mean I have to capture this thing? Huff~ Let’s calm down, no suspicious movements, if this guy’s a criminal, then he might have to kill witnesses, besides I’m not up on fighting humans… … Huh!?

“Hey! Is that really a [Mermaid’s Blood]?!”

“Huh? The stuff about immortality is all fake though…?”

“I don’t care about that! Is that really a [Mermaid’s Blood]?”

“Yes, yes. Want it that much?”

Whooaah~ [Mermaid], a C-Rank monster, I wonder how much I could bribe this thing, err man, I mean, to give it to me. I want its skills now! I don’t care if he’s a criminal, I want it now! Ah, right… I’m not confident enough to be a criminal… Well, let’s just ask a bit. Should I act sheepishly? No he’ll be disgusted, for sure. Let’s just act normal, let’s, Haa~ make a business smile~

“Can I have it? Or I’ll turn you in.”

It turned into a threat!! I can’t believe myself! Haha~ strange, the guards seemed to be looking at me as if I’m an idiot.

“What are you saying? I just bought it directly from an adventurer you know?”

… Aww~ that’s no fun, you merely mean private dealing, right sir? Please, forgive me for that. Now, my coax is ineffective. But hey, with this I won’t be a criminal anymore. So let’s just ask him a bit of it. It can be bought directly, right? And can they seriously drink blood? Well, if coax failed use bluff!

“I drank that before. It’s sooo addicting! Very rare though.”

“I know right? The winery has monopoly on this stuff at a fixed price commoners cannot afford. You only need to put in [Salba Grape] and a bit of water to dilute the clots and it becomes absurdly tasty!”

“yep! So, I was hoping I… could…”

Grapes? Water? Who are these people, mister? Are you cheating on Mama? Whatever’ let’s test if it works. I continued on my words.

“…Have some of it?”

“Sure. I was a lucky one being commissioned to deal with adventurer. I’m grateful at you bunch so do your best becoming a rank-D adventurer.”

“Thank you. I’ll take on that offer.”

“Can you hold your liquor?”

“Mostly, at least better than you… I can even handle poison, why not?

“Then, I’ll go grab the table.”

… And so, we drank for hours. Is there anything I forgot? That’s right, the quest! Well, I remember it many times along the way. I can do it after we finish this right? Then, lets resume *chug *chug

“Thish ish ze lash ef em. Ahyl go ofen ze get fer ye.”

…so said the nearly wasted gatekeeper……huh? What about my skills? Do I have to throw up what I drink? …Incision? …… impossible. Looks like I only have this one glass as catalyst *tears, I guess I won’t be greedy and store what is left. Haa~ Huph* let’s follow the gatekeeper and get this done already. The gatekeeper walks towards the gate unsteadily, spilling his drink. He puts down his glass, unlocked the gate and grabbed the bar. Oh right, this guy was drunk, is he gonna be okay? Acha~ he really fell down, should I wake him up? No, let’s have the poor guy sleep, I’ll open it myself. Oh, just in case, [Bound Catalyst]!... are? [Vocal Sonic], [Confusion Song], [Bewitching Song], [Revitalize], and [Water Manipulation]? I never have taken in some drugs yet. Ah, probably from the [Mermaid’s Blood] earlier. Oh!! and even powered n times since I drunk a lot, though I can only use it once, haha *tears. I opened the door after I took the bar off. I found Rats peaking by the stairway and like before, for some reason, they did not get out of the door. That’s strange~ are they afraid of strangers? I continued looking at them, they continued looking at me, we continued looking at each other… and no love was born. Don’t take me for an idiot, `kay? Well, were not getting anywhere, so time for some trivia, I heard fishermen use fish trap to lure a fish inside by using bamboo with large opening but with narrow passage. Hmm...... *pon ah! So that’s it! [Rats], contrary to fishes, basically likes narrow passage, so this open room and the isolated building is a countermeasure for that. As expected of fishermen! No, as expected of rattermen! …*cricket …*cricket …L-let’s forget about that. So the issue is either I enter towards the sewage, or I’ll wait for them to enter. Well, let’s just get him from outside. [Vocal Sonic]! The air vibrates intensely shaking the room and all, stones from the ceiling fell down from all the shaking (I'm not in underground yet, am I?). So this is the power of a C-rank monster? Well, they’re dead, I guess. So time to ga… ther... wait! I still need to enter the sewage nonetheless, this is a hassle! I entered the sewage and I picked them up one by one, I went back after I gathered 100 Rat Carcasses. Oh, I got the skill [Disease] and [Resilience] from them. Well, I expected electric type skill since the rat I know had one, but whatever. I closed the door. Ah! Don’t shake him too much. A rat was standing over the drunk gatekeeper, so I thought I need scold him but it jumped towards my face. I was going to stab the [Rat] but then I realize it was my face so I took it off from my face and stabbed it. Easy, well, let’s go to the next quest. Hmm~ about the weird exposition? Ah, the [Rat] tumbled upon the glass set aside filled with [Mermaid’s Blood] spilling it to the floor, and it literally took off my vision when it jumped towards me. I never mentioned anything about it being large, okay? In the end, I only took just one flask of stinky [Rat’s Blood], I got one flask of [Mermaid’s Blood] though.

I arrived safely into [Sandy Desert], after a long travel. But the sun was scorching hot that I don’t even need to transform into a slime to melt. Whoa~ that was good. Well, it was no exaggeration. I am literally melting! Damn, how much do I need to kill, again? 25 + 25? 50. Are you serious! In this heat? Haa~ I could have just taken a shower back at [Delta Town], not to mention, the sewers smell dripped by sweat became worse because of the sun. Accursed sun! Will Hikari-chan still like me with this smell? Well, I’ll just take a bath after I finish this. So, let’s do it like usual? Let’s not insert any jokes this time. I took out 5 vials of [Orc’s Blood], [Bound Catalyst]! [Taunt]! “Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” I kneeled on the ground like a batter who thinks he hit a homerun. Well, he did not run so he just got hit by a ball, failing the team and all. Well, it’s not really a laughing matter. It really is going to be that way if some Rhino Stampede comes in my way, not that I see any in sight. The savanna-like animals, which usually run in sight, looked at me with blood-thirsty eyes. Well, maybe the heat got into them (*no sexual pun intended). I got lots of stock of [Forest Goblin’s Blood], so let’s use 4 vials of [Nimble] and end this fast, [Nimble]! The first jackal arrived and pounced at me at the back, I turned around and sliced it diagonally. Another two foxes took the opportunity and pounced together from left and right. Nonetheless, it was still slow so I rotated just like that, after that, a whole bunch of jackal closing in front, I just waved my dagger to kill them. Another fox tried to jump at my blind spot, I stabbed it directly and throw it towards the other foxes waiting for opportunity. Well, no matter how much I try to act cool, there’s no end to them so I throw my dagger towards the lone jackal who was the farthest closing in and run towards it, slicing few jackals and foxes. The taunted monsters immediately followed suit, I run around a bit until they somewhat lined themselves together, now! I took 9 vials of [Goblin’s Blood] thrown them in the sky, I take out my sword and deactivated my [Nimble] skill. Now to use the skill like I imagined! I immediately sliced them in perfect parabola, I brought out another vial of goblin’s blood into my left hand and crushed them as I changed my grip of my sword into reverse grip and reel it backwards like a javelin thrower. “Sword Piercer!!” a.k.a as [Slingshot], the sword flew out of my hands with a tremendous speed piercing and blowing apart the foxes and jackal… or at least how I thought it should be. The sword spins while it travels at tremendous speed. Well, the outcome was somewhat the same, but shouting piercing at that makes me want to hide in a hole. I'll buy some spears next time, I took out my dagger and hunted the rest that was closing in. I went back to the guild… after I took a bath of course. Ah right, the spoils. I got [Trickery], [Threat Cry], [Pounce] from [Desert Foxes] and [Scavenge] and [Night Vision] from [Desert Jackal]. I was thankful for that sword thing that I was able to safely bring back 25 [Desert Jackals] and 25 [Desert Foxes] and drained 6 Flasks respectively.
    Rat Carcasses * 100
    Rat's Stinky Blood * 1 Flask
    Mermaid's Blood(wine) * 1 Flask
    Desert Fox' Meat * 27
    Desert Jackal's Meat * 32
    Desert Fox' Blood * 6 Flask
    Desert Jackal's Blood * 6 Flask

I think the phrase goes like this, "Better be smeared with blood rather than the canals.”, ah, Tadaima~ Hikari-chan~

@brasca123

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember to tag the receptionist.

19. SorakaNii

Reading List:
    Link
    Gomen~ I'll do it here and edit that one.

@brasca123

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Sandy Desert - #SE1 - E rank - Slay 25 Desert Jackal [ 50 G ]
    Sandy Desert - #SE2 - E rank - Slay 25 Desert Fox[ 50 G ]
    Delta Town - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 100 Rats [ 100 G ]
    ================================================
    Oh, welcome back Leyta-kun! You seem to be doing well!

Just... Try taking a shower before coming back to the guild alright? While we can endure it, it's not nice to come back while smelling like the sewers...

I don't really understand what you meant by that thing of foreign language speakers not being allowed to become adventurers, there are a lot of races here in Aeternus and plenty of them don't know how to speak the common tong, so it's natural for us to accept people that can't speak the common tongue, even if I couldn't read someone's report, I could always ask Shadow to appraise, since he knows plenty of them, even if he didn't, I could still ask Mama to read it for me, so... We accept everyone just fine, maybe you got wind of a weird rumor? We'll try to spread the word that it won't be a problem, wouldn't want to have other people refraining from registering just because of that, right?

Everything else seems to be in order, your reward will be of 200G, take care now!

((The story was fine at the beginning, but near the end you suddenly decided to make some really big paragraphs that were quite hard to read... Try to separate things a bit more, will make it easier for other people to read it.

The way you did at the beginning worked pretty well, I didn't really understand why you suddenly made it like that.))

Bielt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.