LCD Light Beyond (LN)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Ruyi, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to clarify, I'm talking about the light novel version of this series (as seen in this link) with the super long chapters translated by 夢見る世界, rather than the shorter web novel version (as seen in this link).

Anyways, anyone else reading this? I really love the story and its twist--girl transmigrated into the body of a hated "Saint" as she decides to make up for the body's previous owner's misdeeds, all the while figuring out exactly what she did and why everyone seems to hate/fear her.

I've liked all the characters so far, they're all well-developed, and the latest chapter killed me with its cliffhanger. I guess things have been peaceful for so long that it's about time she got some actual, physical backlash...but oof! Can't wait to see how it'll go down.

Thoughts, anyone?

2. MeoWoe

MeoWoe [Altair] [Exqúisite]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just one question. Does the novel have lolis?

3. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    None so far, but the MC is pretty moe at times. It's not those 'cutesy' type stories, but has a more serious undertone. The original owner of the MC's body committed suicide, and before that she did some pretty horrible things. MC's stuck dealing with the fallout as a result. She also has only one year before she dies for real, despite transmigrating into this body.

Maybe they'll be some in future chapters, but I doubt they'd lead away from the overall tone of the story.

4. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Have someone finished reading this novel? I want to read it, but I am scared if in the end the MC is still dead. Can someone spoil me please?

5. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I finally found the LCD for Light Beyond! It was recommended to me by someone one this forum and I started reading it last month. Such a good story overall, with well developed characters and having such well written interactions shown between them all.

I do feel rather sad for the MC as she has limited time to do try and fix the previous Saints mistakes. It does make me wonder what was going through the original Saints mind at the time.
    Hmm it might be best to open a spoiler thread in the spoilers section and see if anyone has read finished reading the raws. I hope the ending isn't sad,

6. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Since it didn't have any 'Tragedy' tag, I am still hoping for good ending. Poor MC *sobs*

7. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    True, no tragedy tag usually means (well hopefully) that it will have a good happy ending. MC sure leads a sad life *cries*

8. ShanShan

ShanShan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've braved reading the ending via MTL and surprisingly it was quite readable (though I'm quite used to reading via MTL because I'm so impatient orz) so take a deep breath before reading the following spoiler:

Both of them didn't die. Both of them eventually woke up in their respective bodies and it's revealed that Yuna didn't truly die. She was just in a comatose state the whole time her soul was in Celia's body.

Celia eventually chose to be kinda "exiled" in a praying tower or something where she will remain without going out for the rest of her life (as atonement for the wrongs that she's done).

Yuna continued living her life as a commoner, but ofc the lovely Asyut eventually found his way to her (KYAAA moment) and finally called her by her real name.

Now I'm waiting for the moment where the whole novel is translated to english. It will be so worth it >///<

9. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't tried MTL any raws yet, don't think I have the patience to slough through the words lol

GAH! Oh my goodness, I did not expect that. Thought she really did die, I guess each just went their own way then.

Asyut really is lovely, I look forward to the build up towards when everything falls into place.

Thanks so much @ShanShan

Coincidentally there was an update today \o/

10. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Latest chapter is suprising. The sister is a traitor all this time?
    Half of my heart still in Aeneas faction now. Poor Asyut but he should take action and choose between sister or saint in the end.

thanks for the spoiler @ShanShan! Are Yuna and Celia meet again in the end? I wish they will meet again as friends

mereumsama and princessnight like this.
  11. princessnight

princessnight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ShanShan Thanks so much for the spoilers! It really keeps you on edge. I am reading book 3 and I feel like mc and ml will have a tragic end. I never thought she would be alive. Hopefully the light novel also have a similar ending.

chamchaworld likes this.
  12. ShanShan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes they met each other again in the end, but not in the real world. When it was time for Celia to finally return to her body, they meet in that dream/goddess world (dunno what to call it but I hope you get my drift) and they spoke a bit on everything that happened etc etc.

Ending was good, I remember that Yuna will also eventually work in the palace as an apprentice pharmacist if my memory serves me right.

mereumsama and chamchaworld like this.
  13. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any explanation why Yuna is the choosen one to solve Celia problem after Celia's suicide? Like, maybe she's the only friend that Celia treasure or something like that. And what's Yuna or Celia relation with the goddess? We got an extra chapter about god and goddess love story right?

mereumsama likes this.
  14. ShanShan

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the latest english translation releases so I'm not sure if they already covered Yuna being a close friend of Celia from when Celia was still living in the orphanage. Probably that's the reason and also kinda a coincidence as well since both of them got into a life and death situation at the same time.

I haven't read the extra chapter as I was only interested on finding out about the ending xD

chamchaworld likes this.
  15. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    I am really curious since I someone said that the cover is a big spoiler, so I am trying to find the volume cover, and....
    FINALLY I FOUND MY ANSWER

Purple Lotus likes this.
  16. BitterDaisy

BitterDaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me why Celia is the way she is? Why she suddenly turned cruel? I can't wait fir the long read.

17. chande

chande Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I could remember, Celia has a power that could lead people around her to their death. As long as she opened her heart to that person, that person will suddenly die, mostly by an accident. Then Celia started losing her mind and killed people for no reason. When she couldn't bear it anymore, she tried to kill herself.