DarkBlue likes this.
  2. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    Congratulations!
    Dec 30, 2016
    DarkBlue likes this.
  3. DarkBlue
    DarkBlue
    Lol, my salary is going to be spent even before the next year begins XD There's no need for congratulations, only sadness for parting...
    Dec 30, 2016
  4. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    At least, you've got a salary..
    Dec 30, 2016
    DarkBlue likes this.
  5. DarkBlue
    DarkBlue
    For the meager 5 days it'll last. January will be another month of surviving before the next pay-day~
    Dec 30, 2016
  6. DarkBlue
    DarkBlue
    On that note, what will most people spend their year end salary on? What about you?
    Dec 30, 2016
  7. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    ...well, maybe you have to manage better your salary. I don't know on what you're spending it, but, I hope that it's worth.

I'm unemployed - I don't receive a salary. If I'd have one.. I'd spend it on basic necessities - foond, utilities/basic needs and, I'll spend like 1/10 of it to personal hobbies.
    Dec 30, 2016
    DarkBlue likes this.
  8. DarkBlue
    DarkBlue
    I'm spending it on necessary things, so after this week one big spend+ January rent, I'll hardly have enough to get by and won't be able to save anything. I try to keep spending on hobbies and fast food minimal so I can get more savings. But January just seems impossible to manage...
    Dec 30, 2016
  9. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    Don't renounce at food. Good food should be a priority to you. You don't have the luxury to get sick.. at least, it's possible that you won't be able to deal with the consequences of that - that's what I think after seeing that you aren't able to live a decent life with your salary.

Where do you work? (Pm if you don't want to talk here).
    Dec 30, 2016
    DarkBlue likes this.
  10. DarkBlue
    DarkBlue
    Nah~ I'm cutting down on fast food, not good+healthy food. Basically, I'm lamenting the fact that I won't have enough left for luxuries like movies, fast food, new clothes and new accessories, all at the same time. I may not usually spend money for them, but I do like the option of having enough to make that choice. I earn enough to even have savings usually. It's just this month+the next that's gonna be tough.
    Dec 30, 2016
    CDLevit likes this.
  11. DarkBlue
    DarkBlue
    Oh, the job I have is good enough. It's just that I am a graduate hire with bachelors at a big IT company (being mass recruiters that they are) . Thus, I will definately get paid less than my work deserves for the first 2 years~
    Dec 30, 2016
    CDLevit likes this.
  12. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    Yep. But, you'll gain experience and learn how's to be a salaryman. In a way, that would be the price for your 'aprecentship'. You know, you can 'cheat' those worries and can try to find alternative. For example, you can share the cost of a movie ticket with your friends, you can go and watch movies on special ocasions-when there are reductions.
    Dec 30, 2016
    DarkBlue likes this.
  13. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    But, if you want to have all them at the same time.. it'll be a bit hard. You can make something like a party with your friends: x friend will bring up the movie, y friend will bring up the food.. and so.. it's very possible for you to fulfill most of your needs. You can also try to look for suplementary workhours (if you can manage them) or..
    Dec 30, 2016
    DarkBlue likes this.
  14. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    try to look for small independent work hours - i.e. if you work in the IT domain, you can try to help a friend in that area for a small sum of money.
    Dec 30, 2016
    DarkBlue likes this.
  15. DarkBlue
    DarkBlue
    That's why I said I'm cutting down~ Starting with fast food. As for apprenticeship, having experience of 1-2 years is necessary for me to get better prospects later. My work doesn't count as 'apprenticeship'. That concept doesn't exist in my country. Basically, since it's my first job, completely inexperienced and fresh out of uni, low salary is to be expected
    Dec 30, 2016
    CDLevit likes this.
  16. DarkBlue
    DarkBlue
    I'll start doing 'side/small' jobs once I start getting more time from work. Currently, being a graduate hire, I'm expected to stay more at office, do more work, help in organizing office events, do reports that no one else even has time to read and all that. After a year or so, I'll be able pass it on to the other new joinees.
    Dec 30, 2016
    CDLevit likes this.
  17. DarkBlue
    DarkBlue
    I don't spend money to buy all those many things usually. But having money and not buying them out of choice is different from not having the money to buy them in the first place.
    Dec 30, 2016
    CDLevit likes this.
  18. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    I see. Sorry.
    Dec 30, 2016
    DarkBlue likes this.
  19. DarkBlue
    DarkBlue
    Nah. It's nice to get confirmation from others that at least, my thoughts are geared towards the right direction. Thanks
    Dec 30, 2016
  20. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    ...again, sorry. Good luck!
    Dec 30, 2016
    DarkBlue likes this.