Comments on Profile Post by Yukkuri Oniisan

1. Yukkuri Oniisan
    Yukkuri Oniisan
    In Pararell World Pharmacy, the MC choose Sparfloxacin as the drug for the plague. Which As a doctor, I found the author choice of Sparfloxacin for Black Plague (Yersinia pestis) is rather a curious choice.
    Feb 11, 2017
    Manic Josei and CDLevit like this.
  2. Yukkuri Oniisan
    Yukkuri Oniisan
    The drug of choice for Plague is historically been Streptomycin (historically) or Gentamycin (modern) or Chloramphenicol or Tetracycline or Doxycycline for those who couldn’t take aminoglycoside (the -mycin drug family).
    Feb 11, 2017
    Accidentally likes this.
  3. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    Why?
    Feb 11, 2017
  4. Yukkuri Oniisan
    Yukkuri Oniisan
    Although Fluoroquinolone like Sparfloxacin could be effective, no clinical trials of fluoroquinolone therapy in human plague have been conducted.
    So I was wondering why don’t the author use Streptomycin, since the author already mentioned actinomycetes/actinobacteria which Streptomyces genus was a member of. He could logically produce Streptomycin......
    Feb 11, 2017
  5. asriu
    asriu
    I know you will make that one ahahahaha!
    Feb 11, 2017
  6. Yukkuri Oniisan
    Yukkuri Oniisan
    @CDLevit I disagree with the author Drug of Choice. It makes my doctor's blood screaming *sigh* This is the main reason why I can't bear reading/watching Hospital Drama.....
    Feb 11, 2017
    Poor_Hero, GM_Rusaku, CDLevit and 5 others like this.
  7. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    Sometimes, I watch medical dramas because I want to see politics.

I also watch law dramas because I want to find out a different vision. Fiction is fiction.
    Feb 11, 2017
    Manic Josei likes this.
  8. Manic Josei
    Manic Josei
    Ah! I can totally relate. There are also instances where I just say, "Isn't he supposed to be dead? Well, whatever. This is fiction."
    Feb 11, 2017
  9. Yukkuri Oniisan
    Yukkuri Oniisan
    Yeah, it's not like I dropped the Novel just because of this, I will just change any mention of Sparfloxacin into Streptomycin inside my head and just went with the story flow...... I mean I don't expect the author to be an MD after all....
    Feb 11, 2017
  10. asriu
    asriu
    btw Colosseum name come after Roman Empire have fallen....... before that it called amphitheater and Napoleon not short it his guard that taller than him~ such propaganda used by UK back then to mock Napoleon achievement hehehe
    Feb 11, 2017
  11. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    It can put you off, but, well, it's up to you to decide what you're looking for.
    Feb 11, 2017