Comments on Profile Post by JJ

1. Aicila
    Aicila
    Good to see you around :D Yeah not so much, started working for the government :(:( so I'm a bit busier than I used to be but gotta pay the bills somehow. How have you been?

I'm too deep to change. I admit that I occasionally change the colour of the eyes on my avatar but the base will always remain. Just have to own it :P
    Jun 3, 2017
  2. JJ
    JJ
    Same, busier than usual but not that worse compared with my first job. I'm writing while I have free time, though, but reading novels or browsing here makes the time for writing less.

I've seen you're also writing now. Good job. I scanned your site and nice, you're faster than me T_T.
    Jun 3, 2017
  3. Aicila
    Aicila
    I've been so slow though! I used to like to write in the middle of the night but when I have to get up early in the morning that idea goes out the window now.
    Jun 3, 2017
    JJ likes this.
  4. Aicila
    Aicila
    It's hard, I have so many ideas I want to get on paper but at the end of the day when I get home from work the last thing I want to do is pull up another document and write. Sometimes I get influenced when I read and really want to give something a stab which is usually when I end up getting behind the keyboard for real.
    Jun 3, 2017
    JJ likes this.
  5. Aicila
    Aicila
    I actually asked one of my IRL friends who is also a bit interested in writing if he wanted to do a competition. We both put in $50 or something and whoever is the first to not be able to deliver x amount of words per week loses their share, but we haven't got around to it. I don't even care about the money I just want some motivation to write more.
    Jun 3, 2017
    JJ likes this.
  6. JJ
    JJ
    I think you just need a routine. Although I'm slow as a turtle, I tried to write something whenever I walk around the neighborhood as it keeps me away from distractions (the internet being the number one). And I think you were the one who told me your GF threw away your plan/drafts. At least you have something written already, while I started planning just a year ago. The execution really is hard, though.
    Jun 4, 2017
    Aicila likes this.
  7. JJ
    JJ
    But dude, never give up on it. I won't and I hope I retain this mindset until I die.
    Jun 4, 2017
    Aicila likes this.
  8. Aicila
    Aicila
    Yeah, wont give up for sure, it's just how I see it I guess. It's something that I do because I enjoy so if I'm not feeling like it, I don't really want to do it. I don't want to turn it into a chore. As long as I eventually get back, it's ok. It's not going anywhere.

Best of luck to you :)
    Jun 4, 2017
    JJ likes this.
  9. JJ
    JJ
    I tried to do it as a chore even if my mind isn't up to it. There was someone -- could be Stephen King -- who said to try writing once a day. Although I do admit that there are times when I'm just facing my screen without writing anything lol.

Good luck to you too, dude.
    Jun 6, 2017
    Aicila likes this.