Comments on Profile Post by Wujigege

1. ToastedRossi
    ToastedRossi
    Awesome! I would personally suggest "Bu Bu Sheng Lian" as it's my favorite so far. It takes place in a period of history that I don't think too many people are familiar with (early Song Dynasty), but it's stacked with really interesting historical figures like Zhao Kuangyin, Xiao Yanyan, and the Yang Family Generals (sort of).
    Aug 29, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Given the over saturation of Jin Yong novels adapted into dramas, it will be nice to try something different. I have worked with a few translators who found cultivation based novels quite a challenge and even historical ones(Female protagonists). I will see how it goes with this. Will get a few chapters done to test a number of translators.
    The readers can judge it
    Aug 30, 2017
  3. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Aug 30, 2017
  4. ToastedRossi
    ToastedRossi
    That's right. The funny thing about your earlier about Jin Yong adaptations is that 回到明朝当王爷 and 锦衣夜行 are both getting adapted. It's odd to see that happen with two books by the same author like this, and unfortunately I don't expect either adaptation to be all that great.
    Aug 30, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  5. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Ode to Gallantry and Legend of the Condor Heroes? I am just guessing, my Chinese is crap, main reason I want to migrate to a Chinese speaking country so I have to speak it everyday. I am considering Taiwan
    Aug 30, 2017
  6. ToastedRossi
    ToastedRossi
    Nope, the two titles are Yue Guan novels! He's never had any adaptations 'til now, and all of a sudden, two of them! It's like how there was a bidding war for Tong Hua novels, and Ballad of the Desert and Song in the Clouds got picked up by different studios at the same time.
    Aug 30, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  7. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Oh I see. But they were released years apart thanks to censorship I believe. Like Swordsman 2013, directors change too much, sometimes it works but most times it is just weird. Casting also seems to be a problem, since companies play favorites. It sucks
    Aug 30, 2017
  8. ToastedRossi
    ToastedRossi
    It's sort of the other way around; Ballad of the Desert was supposed to release in 2012 but it got delayed to 2014 in order to get past the censorship. They ended up changing all the names, but was still a good show.

Song in the Clouds released on schedule in 2015, so the two ended up being back to back. Unfortunately, it's a Yu Zheng production so it sucks; so bad that I couldn't finish it.
    Aug 30, 2017
  9. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    I had my main translator translate the synopsis, it was quite difficult and the last couple of sentences could not be translated, so not confident in translating the series. I had planned to ask Qidian's permission to translate free chapters. I will add the partial synopsis
    Sep 2, 2017
    ToastedRossi likes this.
  10. ToastedRossi
    ToastedRossi
    Wow, you're farther along than I expected. Yue Guan writes proper history novels so they're going to be painful to translate, with all the old forms of address, place names, poetry, and speech patterns. When it goes up I'll send you a description of the novel.
    Sep 2, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  11. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Well if I knew you were going to provide a description, I won't have paid my staff to make one haha
    Sep 2, 2017